Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,266 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Is This Normal For Traditional Wedding List? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is This Normal For Traditional Wedding List? (29548 Views)

Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise / Groom Shows Off What He Gave His In-laws For Traditional Wedding In Enugu (Pix) / My 4-Year-Old Niece Loves To Perceive Horrific Scents. Is This Normal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Normal For Traditional Wedding List? by LeoFish92(m): 11:34pm On Feb 01, 2022
Austema:

phone number not going through

Don't tell me you are this gullible to believe that guy.

Your eyes will clear when they scam you.

1 Like

Re: Is This Normal For Traditional Wedding List? by Nezzjnr: 11:53pm On Feb 01, 2022
cayorday89:
Hey future in-law, do you still have a sister, I am asking for myself.
Naah

I just have one sister cheesy cheesy
Re: Is This Normal For Traditional Wedding List? by dangwarmai(m): 1:33am On Feb 02, 2022
Lubbish!
Fire her flom behind, and she will do the negotiation on your behalf.
Re: Is This Normal For Traditional Wedding List? by Iykoto86(m): 1:43am On Feb 02, 2022
AutoChick4U:
I've got only two brothers and my uncles are millionaires so they don't need ur envelop. Bride price is 50naira just apply within.
Na so my sister.better options dey jare.
Re: Is This Normal For Traditional Wedding List? by Ekeeyhandsome(m): 6:02am On Feb 02, 2022
DesChyko:

To be honest, once this information isn't included, I see it as clickbait.

Exactly, cox some are already thinking that we all share thesame traditions,whilst most igbos don't even speak same igbo language
Re: Is This Normal For Traditional Wedding List? by rickpat(m): 8:13am On Feb 02, 2022
na wa,poverty na bastard, everything na hustle for naija...they would have ask you to buy the father's casket in advance... everything depends on you bro
Re: Is This Normal For Traditional Wedding List? by Maobichek: 9:59am On Feb 02, 2022
cayorday89:

You want to use your family who is rich and also married from rich homes and are probably conservative to compare with people that are just doing okay and not conservative but also looking for means to suck people dry financially. Don't act like these things don't happen even if OP might have exaggerated it(not sure of though).

Good morning, it has nothing to do with being rich or poor okay. My comment was to disabuse the generalization that you must cough out all you have and even borrow before you marry in Igbo land. The generalization is out of place and getting out of hand.

If you want to marry, talk to the girl and also to her father, the father is important because he decides how things goes. In marriage list, there are things for the bride's father and mother but my dad always say no to that hence our in-laws always appreciate my dad and mum every Christmas, it's not an obligation nor a plea but they always do on their own, thank you.
Re: Is This Normal For Traditional Wedding List? by Conrod: 12:30pm On Feb 02, 2022
Bounceboune7:
don't mind him, instead of marrying from a less greedy place n use d remaining money to buy land.

After 5 years he will thank God than marrying from a greedy place where everyone will write all their problems n expect a potential suitor to pay for it.

What if they are all male in d family with no women,won't d brothers n sisters wear clothes?
Won't they live their life's?

It's annoying reading it,they don't even care if the newly married will have something to fall on after marriage, their own is to cut his head now
Yet your alafin came,negotiated and happily went home with a beauty,..was he stiupid ?
Re: Is This Normal For Traditional Wedding List? by cayorday89(m): 7:55pm On Feb 02, 2022
Maobichek:

Good morning, it has nothing to do with being rich or poor okay. My comment was to disabuse the generalization that you must cough out all you have and even borrow before you marry in Igbo land. The generalization is out of place and getting out of hand.

If you want to marry, talk to the girl and also to her father, the father is important because he decides how things goes. In marriage list, there are things for the bride's father and mother but my dad always say no to that hence our in-laws always appreciate my dad and mum every Christmas, it's not an obligation nor a plea but they always do on their own, thank you.
Thanks for the clarification, I am also not generalizing, reason why I said you really can't compare your family with some of the families/clan who try to cash out in a huge way when such opportunities arise. You also said your Dad said NO to such because he has his own reasons and he probably has a huge influence on your clans, how about those who don't. In all, it would be foolish of me to assume it's a general thing, but what are one's chances of meeting a family that will start from a quite affordable list you will also be afraid of negotiating, as that can't be one's consideration when dating or trying to fall in love with a partner. Even the Yorubas, there are those that will milk you dry all in a bid to have a talk of the town trad wedding.

1 Like

Re: Is This Normal For Traditional Wedding List? by Austema(m): 10:09am On Feb 03, 2022
LeoFish92:

Don't tell me you are this gullible to believe that guy.

Your eyes will clear when they scam you.

Hmm

Don't mind me sir.

Its really not easy on me right now, that is the cause of my desperation.

Please can I get anything from you, so that I can get son food stuff, any amount can really help.

2263648432 Zenith

Sorry for the incovinience

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Couple Discovered They Are Not The Owner Of Their Child After 5 Years. / Dealing With A Snoring Partner / Hilarious Family Whatsapp Chats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.