Stats: 3,151,721 members, 7,813,375 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:29 AM

A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? (24347 Views)

Should I Return This Money wrongfully credited to my account / Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. / We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Slynation(m): 10:11am On Feb 03, 2022
hotplay:
Good day Nairalanders, I need your advice.
I had an encounter with a police officer yesterday along Ibadan-Abeokuta road. I will keep it brief and concise.

I boarded a bus from Ibadan to Abeokuta yesterday afternoon. Somewhere around Odeda, our bus was stopped at a police check point. I was apprehended by the officer who asked me to unlock my phone for him. I did as instructed and next he called me a cyber criminal without any evidence to proof. He immediately demanded I paid him 500k or I will be arrested and detained. I told him I can give him only 5k because I had a very important thing to do and I wouldn't want him to waste any of my precious time. The officer agreed and eventually I gave him cash of 3k because he didn't accept transfer for obvious reasons.

Before he searched my phone, he seized my bag and a nylon containing my shoes and my iPhone usb cord.

I unfortunately missed my bus because of delay, so I needed to board another bus immediately, so the officer helped me to stop a bus. He then handed me my bag and nylon. I was so pissed off and tried to cool off my head with a short nap. On getting to Abeokuta, I checked if the contents of my bag and nylon was intact but to my greatest surprise, I found a big android phone belonging to the police officer inside the nylon instead of my shoe and usb. He had unfortunately giving me a wrong nylon containing his own phone.

I have the phone with me now and I'm sincerely not willing to give it back. He has been calling and I don't know if I should change my mind.

What should I do guys? I'm confused.
just look at the rubbish advise people are ditching out... Anyways I wonder why you brought it here since you sincerely don't wanna give back the phone...

The only thing I can tell you is that, there is nothing like having peace of mind in this life
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by anambraamaka: 10:21am On Feb 03, 2022
donbachi:
Return it to him at the CP's office.with details of what happened.make sure u collect ur shoes and 3k.na thunder fire dat one.

I support this
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by jacoik(m): 10:27am On Feb 03, 2022
SportsHD:
Those cops are bastards. Please don't return the phone. It's an Android phone, once you flash it and erase the information, it can't never be tracked. He used 3k to give away his phone.
Even iphone 13 wey we pay 40k for to track, the police couldn't track it, not to talk of useless android.

Just dump his sim into the nearest river or dusbin.

If you try and return it, he can rope you and arrest you. Person wey wan extort you for nothing before. He would now have all the power to arrest you if you dare return that phone.

He probably siezed it from an innocent who couldn't pay his bail on something the innocent didn't do.

Then, sell the phone off or you can start using it. You are safe.

By the way, check if he has a Facebook page, I'll dm you now. I need his Facebook name/details/contact information and where he stays.
Most of those bagas put that on their Facebook page.

Most of the people that are telling you to return it haven't been extorted by the police before, they don't know what it's like to be accused and robbed for something you didn't do.
may our ancestors bless you more for this. It's only those who haven't encountered these useless people dey tell op to return. As for me, even if I don't want to use it, I will just set it on fire
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by twilliamx(m): 10:45am On Feb 03, 2022
Tell him to be calling your own number so that you can record the conversation between the two of you
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Height2: 11:33am On Feb 03, 2022
If I were you, I will throw it inside a big water far from my location.
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Blue05: 11:43am On Feb 03, 2022
Bro, if you sell the phone you will regret your life. He will track it and get you. He requested for 500k and you gave 3k you will pay the remaining balance if you return it. My advice is to destroy the phone and burn it or you may throw it in the canal that is far from your house. To be forewarned is to be forearm.
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by charlsecy(m): 11:55am On Feb 03, 2022
SportsHD:
It's an Android phone, once you flash it and erase the information, it can't never be tracked.
Not sure of that!
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by ceejay80s(m): 12:30pm On Feb 03, 2022
hotplay:
I had an encounter with a police officer yesterday along Ibadan-Abeokuta road. I will keep it brief and concise.

I boarded a bus from Ibadan to Abeokuta yesterday afternoon. Somewhere around Odeda, our bus was stopped at a police check point. I was apprehended by the officer who asked me to unlock my phone for him. I did as instructed and next he called me a cyber criminal without any evidence to proof. He immediately demanded I paid him 500k or I will be arrested and detained. I told him I can give him only 5k because I had a very important thing to do and I wouldn't want him to waste any of my precious time. The officer agreed and eventually I gave him cash of 3k because he didn't accept transfer for obvious reasons.

Before he searched my phone, he seized my bag and a nylon containing my shoes and my iPhone usb cord.

I unfortunately missed my bus because of delay, so I needed to board another bus immediately, so the officer helped me to stop a bus. He then handed me my bag and nylon. I was so pissed off and tried to cool off my head with a short nap. On getting to Abeokuta, I checked if the contents of my bag and nylon was intact but to my greatest surprise, I found a big android phone belonging to the police officer inside the nylon instead of my shoe and usb. He had unfortunately giving me a wrong nylon containing his own phone.

I have the phone with me now and I'm sincerely not willing to give it back. He has been calling and I don't know if I should change my mind.

I pity what is about to happen to u if u don't return that phone, go with some people like uncles or men above 40years to police headquarter and report what happened, the he will be summoned to bring ur properties, if u throw away the phone or sell it, the day he will catch u, u will regret it, police no dey forget face, I have warned u
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Daijin(m): 2:27pm On Feb 03, 2022
I feel that you'd better give it back in order not to have any issues related to the police.
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by gbengu(m): 2:56pm On Feb 03, 2022
hotplay:

I will give you 3 life saving advice if you can do the little stress.

1. Tell 2 adult close member in your family as backup eye witness. Make a voice records and explain the scenario to them while doing the voice records.

2. Go to 2 radio stations or TV stations and ask for any popular oap in the station to make it as one of their radio broadcasts.

3. Go to a lawyer and explain what happened if he/she can help to follow you to make a statement at station. I repeat police headquarters in your area. Don't go to any station.

Let them understand that you want your items with and will return the phone. If will pay your 3k and even more by the time the grilling started.
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by merits(m): 3:00pm On Feb 03, 2022
Xscape1993:
Just give it to him and leave him to his conscience bro. There are battles we win through the human conscience.

My best comment so far.I love this.

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Xscape1993(m): 3:24pm On Feb 03, 2022
merits:

My best comment so far.I love this.
God bless you richly dear.

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Uwaomaokey(m): 8:28pm On Feb 03, 2022
Following, hoping OP will update thread on what he did with the numerous suggestions.
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by NLban: 10:53pm On Feb 03, 2022
MisterMan123456:

At least read before talking nonsense, I said through POS, POS, POS again I say!!!
The owner of the POS will be in serious trouble. You think criminal investigation is carried out lightly right?

Dey there!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Girl Shot By Soldier In Plateau Abandoned In Hospital Due To Lack Of Fund / Zazzau Emirate Council Dismisses Palace Guard Over Gangrape Of Bride-to-be / Kidnapper Evans: Nigerian IGP Shared Too Much With Public – Ghanaian Lawmaker