Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,772 members, 7,813,561 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? (24351 Views)

Should I Return This Money wrongfully credited to my account / Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. / We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by KosiGee(m): 6:57pm On Feb 02, 2022
hotplay:
lalasticlala

Your story sounds strange.
The size, shape and weight of a bag with shoes and usb will be different from one containing just an android phone.
How did the mix up happen?
Seems strange that a police man would put his phone inside a bag instead of in his pocket.

Assuming this story is true, how are sure it was him calling? Did you answer?

What if he had extorted and confiscated someone else’s phone?

Your story is strange.

1 Like

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Beedude(m): 6:58pm On Feb 02, 2022
Throw the phone inside Lagoon make everything balance. Dont sell it or keep it cos it can implicate u.
Just destroy it make everybody move on
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Ten06(m): 6:58pm On Feb 02, 2022
donbachi:
Return it to him at the CP's office.with details of what happened.make sure u collect ur shoes and 3k.na thunder fire dat one.

This is the best advice so far
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Oppy2k2: 6:58pm On Feb 02, 2022
donbachi:
Return it to him at the CP's office.with details of what happened.make sure u collect ur shoes and 3k.na thunder fire dat one.

My guy, listen to this advise. Do it as soon as possible.

Naija police are generally dangerous.
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Remman(m): 6:59pm On Feb 02, 2022
Lol... I'll advise you return the phone by giving a report to another police station because you're already in trouble! Police can lie on your head and since he can call the phone, you can be tracked very easily. To me, i think that the officer is up to something and puting that phone in your bag was intentional. Return the phone to the police station and narrate the whole truth or be the victim. Try as much as possible not to let the phone remain with you for more than 48 hours. Or you may enter a case that will be difficult to defend in court if the phone stays with you longer.

1 Like

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Percy0006(m): 6:59pm On Feb 02, 2022
Who knows if the phone nah fufu self

Op make we see the cupboard he won set up with, cause me i no believe police can be so daft oo........
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Omotosho1090905(m): 6:59pm On Feb 02, 2022
hotplay:
Good day Nairalanders, I need your advice.
I had an encounter with a police officer yesterday along Ibadan-Abeokuta road. I will keep it brief and concise.

I boarded a bus from Ibadan to Abeokuta yesterday afternoon. Somewhere around Odeda, our bus was stopped at a police check point. I was apprehended by the officer who asked me to unlock my phone for him. I did as instructed and next he called me a cyber criminal without any evidence to proof. He immediately demanded I paid him 500k or I will be arrested and detained. I told him I can give him only 5k because I had a very important thing to do and I wouldn't want him to waste any of my precious time. The officer agreed and eventually I gave him cash of 3k because he didn't accept transfer for obvious reasons.

Before he searched my phone, he seized my bag and a nylon containing my shoes and my iPhone usb cord.

I unfortunately missed my bus because of delay, so I needed to board another bus immediately, so the officer helped me to stop a bus. He then handed me my bag and nylon. I was so pissed off and tried to cool off my head with a short nap. On getting to Abeokuta, I checked if the contents of my bag and nylon was intact but to my greatest surprise, I found a big android phone belonging to the police officer inside the nylon instead of my shoe and usb. He had unfortunately giving me a wrong nylon containing his own phone.

I have the phone with me now and I'm sincerely not willing to give it back. He has been calling and I don't know if I should change my mind.

What should I do guys? I'm confused.

I will advice you don't put yourself in further encounter with the police man my bro, just wipe the phone and start using it shikena
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by FireUpNow(m): 7:03pm On Feb 02, 2022
Please return it.
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Lewisdinho(m): 7:04pm On Feb 02, 2022
grin Op You serve a living God

Throw the phone into the lagoon
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by flexyrule(m): 7:04pm On Feb 02, 2022
hotplay:
I had an encounter with a police officer yesterday along Ibadan-Abeokuta road. I will keep it brief and concise.

I boarded a bus from Ibadan to Abeokuta yesterday afternoon. Somewhere around Odeda, our bus was stopped at a police check point. I was apprehended by the officer who asked me to unlock my phone for him. I did as instructed and next he called me a cyber criminal without any evidence to proof. He immediately demanded I paid him 500k or I will be arrested and detained. I told him I can give him only 5k because I had a very important thing to do and I wouldn't want him to waste any of my precious time. The officer agreed and eventually I gave him cash of 3k because he didn't accept transfer for obvious reasons.

Before he searched my phone, he seized my bag and a nylon containing my shoes and my iPhone usb cord.

I unfortunately missed my bus because of delay, so I needed to board another bus immediately, so the officer helped me to stop a bus. He then handed me my bag and nylon. I was so pissed off and tried to cool off my head with a short nap. On getting to Abeokuta, I checked if the contents of my bag and nylon was intact but to my greatest surprise, I found a big android phone belonging to the police officer inside the nylon instead of my shoe and usb. He had unfortunately giving me a wrong nylon containing his own phone.

I have the phone with me now and I'm sincerely not willing to give it back. He has been calling and I don't know if I should change my mind.

Use the phone to download like 60 loan apps with his details.
Take loans from all the apps....

Burn the phone and leave the rest for the Chinese loan shark companies....

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Juwonrugged(m): 7:04pm On Feb 02, 2022
My guy...just play him with big revenge. When he calls you tell him that you will return his phone that you know he will track the phone if you no return ham, let him know that you dey fear of tracking phone so that he will rest assured that you will return it. Then tell him to transfer 5k to a POS agent, that your 3k he collected and the 2k for waybill to send it trough driver. When he send the 5k call him back and tell him that not even In this word that can get that phone back, then find a good sledge hammer to break everything into pieces even to panel... And if he no send the 5k, you go still brake the phone... Because returning the phone might put you into serious problem because he knows he did bad thing to extort money from you and other police will always back him up, no matter wat you say,. Remember what you people did in time of end sars �

2 Likes

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by AYNL: 7:05pm On Feb 02, 2022
return it
you fit pass that way again and e stili fit recognize you
if you no return it and he catch you ehn
e go show you shege
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by BePrepared: 7:06pm On Feb 02, 2022
SportsHD:
angry
Those cops are bastards. Please don't return the phone. It's an Android phone, once you flash it and erase the information, it can't never be tracked. He used 3k to give away his phone.
Even iphone 13 wey we pay 40k for to track, the police couldn't track it, not to talk of useless android.

Just dump his sim into the nearest river or dusbin.

If you try and return it, he can rope you and arrest you. Person wey wan extort you for nothing before. He would now have all the power to arrest you if you dare return that phone.

He probably siezed it from an innocent who couldn't pay his bail on something the innocent didn't do.

Then, sell the phone off or you can start using it. You are safe.

By the way, check if he has a Facebook page, I'll dm you now. I need his Facebook name/details/contact information and where he stays.
Most of those bagas put that on their Facebook page.

Most of the people that are telling you to return it haven't been extorted by the police before, they don't know what it's like to be accused and robbed for something you didn't do.
Chai u wicked o
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Kreme(m): 7:07pm On Feb 02, 2022
Smash the friggin' phone
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by DMerciful(m): 7:07pm On Feb 02, 2022
How are you sure he did not do it intentionally to put you in trouble? If you return it directly, you may be arrested. Instead tell him to send you stuff via post and send his via post or drop it somewhere and ask him to go pick it.

1 Like

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Brian47(m): 7:07pm On Feb 02, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Hell no

Throw the phone into the lagoon

You read my mind
You're a real nigga

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by princejones(m): 7:08pm On Feb 02, 2022
That was how one extorted me of 10k and forgot his cap in my car in the process of taking me to station because l drop a new car l bought on Sunday which was not registered. God will judge them
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Ikea81: 7:08pm On Feb 02, 2022
As you dey type this fake story. Them dey track you. Better throwaway that phone inside river. Btw your shoe no cost?
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Brian47(m): 7:09pm On Feb 02, 2022
Oga put the phone Inside waterproof bag, and trow it inside river.
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by jahlove4jah: 7:09pm On Feb 02, 2022
JAMO4REAL1:
If u return the phone The officer will said
u steal the phone they can lock u up. but u can return it
Send him a text message asking him where you can return his misplaced phone. This will serve as an evidence in case if he twist the storyline. Return it asap so that they don't track the phone with you and qxcise you of stealing.
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Sugarman9(m): 7:10pm On Feb 02, 2022
As at now the police officer will be mad at you,he and his colleagues already plots something on you, so don't return it him ,without waste of anymore time report to civil defence office or if u can meet senior police officer, bcuz fear all this junior police officers oo they fit put yu into whalaa

1 Like

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 7:13pm On Feb 02, 2022
throw the phone in the lagoon. any one who has the mind to extort you wont hesitate to kill you sad

1 Like

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by ekob99: 7:13pm On Feb 02, 2022
Looking at this issue objectively,
I think you are also at a disadvantaged here. Because your property is also with the policeman. Not just a random property but your shoes. With that in his possession, he can take it to a good herbalist location and deal with you too.

It's all up to you bro. What are you going to do?

1 Like

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Feb 02, 2022
hotplay:

He did it on a purpose ,had it been you knew , you could have cross-check the nylon to see is your actual items that are there.
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by veektor01(m): 7:14pm On Feb 02, 2022
Haha..

Angrygoat:
Place it on express,board a bike from abt 10 feet away and tell the bike man to fly over the phone till it pieces. Pls
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by dingbang(m): 7:14pm On Feb 02, 2022
Return the phone to the nearest police station. They will contact him on your behalf.

Remember the lord's prayer

Forgive us lord, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by ConsciousMan01: 7:15pm On Feb 02, 2022
Hisbah21:
hhh funny first. the police must be dumb. so he collected ur money and help you get another Bus. abeg sell the phone
sell the phone?? so the buyer should be the one accused of theft??
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by lagosrd: 7:15pm On Feb 02, 2022
You need wisdom in dealing with this one so that you won't regret it. Those boys can do and undo . Bro don't land yourself in avoidable trouble.
1. The moment he called you , you may likely be at home or in the location you were going to. There is likelihood of frame up and subsequently been detained for being in possession of someone's else's property. The truth is that he will land you in jail. Get yourself aquinted with penal code crimes that may land you into jail.

2. Tell him you're are far of now and give him his phone by proxy and not directly otherwise ......

3. Tell him you want to come to his office with your uncle who is a senior police officer.

4 As it stands now you have no evidence against him that he collected money from you. Don't go and say what you cannot defend cos it means more trouble.

5. Better still go and give the phone to a court clerk to save it and tell the officer to go and collect it there.

Avoid a man that almost framed you up as a yahoo boy and also allegedly collected 3k from you only to loose something more valuable.

Next time don't let him call the number before you throw the phone away into the bush.

My 3cent

1 Like

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by MARKone(m): 7:17pm On Feb 02, 2022
Confused over what? Format the phone and sell, and get back your 3k plus extra. Those people are F00lish.
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Myexdisturbs: 7:17pm On Feb 02, 2022
hotplay:

Don't be stupid to change your mind unless you're a low life idiot undecided
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by davidadenrele: 7:18pm On Feb 02, 2022
In Fela Anikulapokuti voice police man phone dey for your hand wetin you dey find for Lagos ooo.... palava you dey find!! Palava you go get...Palava grin grin grin Ta rara ...!! To roro roro gbi!!
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Rhaspody(m): 7:18pm On Feb 02, 2022
Get a lawyer and report him. Don't take the phone. Report him to police division HQ as some people suggested but go with your lawyer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Anambra Police Parade 25 Suspected Cultists, Drug Peddlers, Bandits (Photos) / Man, 31 Sexually Assaults Boy, 11 In Lagos / Oluwatosin Adeshokan Apologises For Sexually Harassing Young Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.