Stats: 3,151,755 members, 7,813,503 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? (24350 Views)

Should I Return This Money wrongfully credited to my account / Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. / We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 6:46pm On Feb 02, 2022
hotplay:
Good day Nairalanders, I need your advice.
I had an encounter with a police officer yesterday along Ibadan-Abeokuta road. I will keep it brief and concise.

I boarded a bus from Ibadan to Abeokuta yesterday afternoon. Somewhere around Odeda, our bus was stopped at a police check point. I was apprehended by the officer who asked me to unlock my phone for him. I did as instructed and next he called me a cyber criminal without any evidence to proof. He immediately demanded I paid him 500k or I will be arrested and detained. I told him I can give him only 5k because I had a very important thing to do and I wouldn't want him to waste any of my precious time. The officer agreed and eventually I gave him cash of 3k because he didn't accept transfer for obvious reasons.

Before he searched my phone, he seized my bag and a nylon containing my shoes and my iPhone usb cord.

I unfortunately missed my bus because of delay, so I needed to board another bus immediately, so the officer helped me to stop a bus. He then handed me my bag and nylon. I was so pissed off and tried to cool off my head with a short nap. On getting to Abeokuta, I checked if the contents of my bag and nylon was intact but to my greatest surprise, I found a big android phone belonging to the police officer inside the nylon instead of my shoe and usb. He had unfortunately giving me a wrong nylon containing his own phone.

I have the phone with me now and I'm sincerely not willing to give it back. He has been calling and I don't know if I should change my mind.

What should I do guys? I'm confused.
please abeg sell the phone for me #20k please, if you give him that phone? My prayers for buhari will follow you

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by watersideboys: 6:46pm On Feb 02, 2022
Why are you heartless. Why should you return it

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by symbianDON(m): 6:47pm On Feb 02, 2022
Flush the damned phone down the toilet na!!

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Akinsete19(m): 6:47pm On Feb 02, 2022
That is your #3k. Congratulations you brought a big android phone for #3k.
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 6:47pm On Feb 02, 2022
Xscape1993:
Just give it to him and leave him to his conscience bro.
you are a police man, thunder where are you.....

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by vivalavida(m): 6:47pm On Feb 02, 2022
I will throw that phone into a body of water. E go spoil there. Na the 3k be that. Make him go buy new phone.

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 6:47pm On Feb 02, 2022
hotplay:
I had an encounter with a police officer yesterday along Ibadan-Abeokuta road. I will keep it brief and concise.

I boarded a bus from Ibadan to Abeokuta yesterday afternoon. Somewhere around Odeda, our bus was stopped at a police check point. I was apprehended by the officer who asked me to unlock my phone for him. I did as instructed and next he called me a cyber criminal without any evidence to proof. He immediately demanded I paid him 500k or I will be arrested and detained. I told him I can give him only 5k because I had a very important thing to do and I wouldn't want him to waste any of my precious time. The officer agreed and eventually I gave him cash of 3k because he didn't accept transfer for obvious reasons.

Before he searched my phone, he seized my bag and a nylon containing my shoes and my iPhone usb cord.

I unfortunately missed my bus because of delay, so I needed to board another bus immediately, so the officer helped me to stop a bus. He then handed me my bag and nylon. I was so pissed off and tried to cool off my head with a short nap. On getting to Abeokuta, I checked if the contents of my bag and nylon was intact but to my greatest surprise, I found a big android phone belonging to the police officer inside the nylon instead of my shoe and usb. He had unfortunately giving me a wrong nylon containing his own phone.

I have the phone with me now and I'm sincerely not willing to give it back. He has been calling and I don't know if I should change my mind.

go troway that phone for Lagos lagoon. If u give it back to him, he will arrest u and tag u a thief. so troway am sharp sharp for lagoon. Naija police nor deceive mercy

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Tovard(m): 6:47pm On Feb 02, 2022
It is dicey now...

He might still take advantage of you return the phone to him to extort you more money by calling theft.

He may track the phone to your location and it will implicate you more.

If you can sell the phone to unknown person in Ikeja... at a cheaper rate to recover your 5k, it will be better although I am not encouraging this because it is against humanity but if reverse was the case. You will never and can never retrieve your phone back unless you want to pay twice cost of the phone.

Follow your mind because if you are into trouble now, nobody will be there to help you than yourself!

Good luck....

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by AfroKnight: 6:47pm On Feb 02, 2022
He already planned to steal your shoes.

Keep the phone far away from you. It can be traced.

Don’t return it. He will not be grateful, instead he would accuse you of theft.

Throw that phone away. If you live in Ikeja, throw that phone away in Ikorodu or anywhere far from your house.
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by NGArmyTerrorist: 6:48pm On Feb 02, 2022
In the zoo as things take be now, Oga no return the phone. Keep it with you till the fire dey calm to avoid you be thief, you get liver steal from TERROIST in black and black uniforms.
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Chigold101(m): 6:48pm On Feb 02, 2022
hotplay:

Fake story.
What is the size of the phone that make you or the police to mistake bag containing it to that that contains shoes and phone accessories?

Nairaland and placing fake stories on front page are salt and oil

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Olam09(m): 6:48pm On Feb 02, 2022
hotplay:

Don't give him back.. he got what he deserved
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Studiousme: 6:48pm On Feb 02, 2022
Return it if the police help you. But if the police officer collect money for your hand try find stone to destroy the phone.
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by bigcee(m): 6:48pm On Feb 02, 2022
MisterMan123456:
Tell him to transfer 5k to you through POS, so you can waybill the phone to him grin
2k profit
Good idea grin
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by worldclass68(m): 6:49pm On Feb 02, 2022
If you no want wahala for ursef.....return the phone,
U dont know if somehow your identity was revealed or someone somehow know u...
Police can track anything if they want to work, and to them, ur case nah big cashout if you dont return the phone now...
Cuz later nah huge amount of money them go report say u stole with the phone.......

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Pootle: 6:49pm On Feb 02, 2022
dicey situation...
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 6:50pm On Feb 02, 2022
donbachi:
Return it to him at the CP's office.with details of what happened.make sure u collect ur shoes and 3k.na thunder fire dat one.
Oga, he should not return it, police will detain him for theft with collaboration with CP, they will extort him more, this time it won't be #3k, don't take as a joke whatever we tell you until you experience it

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by seborrhic: 6:50pm On Feb 02, 2022
Bigpapi:

If u Eva return that phone thunder will fire you, comon go and sell it sharp sharp, the hunter became the hunted
Op,please don't listen to this imp advice.
Nigeria is an upside down country and no matter what happens,it's always good to play safe.
Return the phone to him,preferably to a police station so as to get documentation.They should give you a receipt or at least something to prove u returned it.
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by IamRegal: 6:50pm On Feb 02, 2022
Try and work with the post below mine.

They need to be nailed. They have been like that for years. I was stopped there alongside my bro when going for a seminar around 2018. Even when you're clean they will collect something.
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by callthefred: 6:51pm On Feb 02, 2022
The best advice which I would appreciate if you can do is get the press involved. I can connect you for a press conference and he must meet you at commissioner's office to collect his phone. Don't ever give him the phone directly.
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:52pm On Feb 02, 2022
hotplay:

How are you sure that he is not making tactics to enable you cough off the #500,000. Returning it directly to him is like saying you trust Nigerian Police. Report the issue to the Police HQ rather than returning the phone. He might be setting a trap for you.

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by lozanni(m): 6:52pm On Feb 02, 2022
Nemesis at work ! I love this kind of payback.

@Op, return his phone if he transfers 3k back to you. If possible return it through a courier firm (surcharge the bad cop) and not in person.
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by ibrutex(m): 6:52pm On Feb 02, 2022
Sell it and give the money to beggars
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Fcwilly: 6:53pm On Feb 02, 2022
hotplay:

Please if you don't want to return I will advice you not to sell it, if you do you will surely be arrested, just go and drop it inside RIVER or swamps don't sell it, I repeat

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by LUCI4ER: 6:53pm On Feb 02, 2022
If there is nothing in the bag that have your name or could lead to you then my advice is, you should off the phone, and keep it somewhere, (don't use it or give anyone) there is no way on earth they will track you, that's my best advice, having more encounter with the criminals called Nigeria police will just cost you more money and might get you in trouble.

Let him go and get another phone with the 3k.

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Feb 02, 2022
hotplay:

Return the phone.

But go with someone senior, preferably more than five, just to be on the safe side.
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Fidinno(m): 6:54pm On Feb 02, 2022
return it and allow his conscience to judge him, let him know you are not like him.
He won't Lock you up or anything but rather he would want to be friends with you. but if you refuse returning the phone, he would want to track it and accuse you of stealing the phone, and trust me that will be a serious matter for you.
thanks
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by nedekid: 6:54pm On Feb 02, 2022
You better give send him his phone sharp sharp because it is Usless to you.
Why do I say that? If you make calls with the phone it can be traced. If you flash it and put another sim, it can be traced. If you sell it, you are worse off. It can be traced and they can even turn the story to be that robbery happened and someone was killed.
Police and phone wahala, 2m does not solve the case.
This is Nigeria, you don't need such wahala. You should have sent him his phone immediately he called.
Nb: On second thoughts, go to your nearest station incident it as cover. If you may request to see the dpo.
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Bmaster(m): 6:55pm On Feb 02, 2022
@ bros op,
Before you waybill that phone back to onye eke,first calculate the damages the time he wastes you cost + your #3000 and how much your shoe and iphone cord costs.
Total all of them,ask him to transfer money to you and only then should you have him get his phone back,BuT only on waybill ooo
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Csami(m): 6:55pm On Feb 02, 2022
This is God’s hand at work. I’ll buy the phone and sim from you just so I can throw it in the river.

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by West2019(m): 6:56pm On Feb 02, 2022
dont return any phone to that criminal call himself police officer, remove the Sim off the phone its better the phone is useless than to give him back , anywhere in the next 2 days him will get another money from innocent citizen and buy and buy another phone
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by indadi(m): 6:56pm On Feb 02, 2022
Op I have a question o

Were the shoes baby shoes? Because I can't understand how the police will not know the difference between the sizes of 2 bags...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kidnapper Evans: Nigerian IGP Shared Too Much With Public – Ghanaian Lawmaker / Anambra Police Parade 25 Suspected Cultists, Drug Peddlers, Bandits (Photos) / Man, 31 Sexually Assaults Boy, 11 In Lagos

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87