Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,728 members, 7,813,404 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? (24348 Views)

Should I Return This Money wrongfully credited to my account / Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. / We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by EMIOMOADEOYE: 7:37pm On Feb 02, 2022
hotplay:
Good day Nairalanders, I need your advice.
I had an encounter with a police officer yesterday along Ibadan-Abeokuta road. I will keep it brief and concise.

I boarded a bus from Ibadan to Abeokuta yesterday afternoon. Somewhere around Odeda, our bus was stopped at a police check point. I was apprehended by the officer who asked me to unlock my phone for him. I did as instructed and next he called me a cyber criminal without any evidence to proof. He immediately demanded I paid him 500k or I will be arrested and detained. I told him I can give him only 5k because I had a very important thing to do and I wouldn't want him to waste any of my precious time. The officer agreed and eventually I gave him cash of 3k because he didn't accept transfer for obvious reasons.

Before he searched my phone, he seized my bag and a nylon containing my shoes and my iPhone usb cord.

I unfortunately missed my bus because of delay, so I needed to board another bus immediately, so the officer helped me to stop a bus. He then handed me my bag and nylon. I was so pissed off and tried to cool off my head with a short nap. On getting to Abeokuta, I checked if the contents of my bag and nylon was intact but to my greatest surprise, I found a big android phone belonging to the police officer inside the nylon instead of my shoe and usb. He had unfortunately giving me a wrong nylon containing his own phone.

I have the phone with me now and I'm sincerely not willing to give it back. He has been calling and I don't know if I should change my mind.

What should I do guys? I'm confused.

This case...

Find a relative or friend who has is connected to a highly placed officer and relate the story.

Before venturing to return anything make sure you have a superior officer as support.

When they know you are coming from a position of strength they wont want to make their situation worse than it already is.

One cant be too careful with the police these days.

==============================
PS: Would you like to know what to do to make a steady online income in the next 90 days? Connect with me on WhatsApp and I'll help you learn the skills you need to achieve this. https://mrniyi.com/afmnl
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by EMIOMOADEOYE: 7:37pm On Feb 02, 2022
hotplay:
I had an encounter with a police officer yesterday along Ibadan-Abeokuta road. I will keep it brief and concise.

I boarded a bus from Ibadan to Abeokuta yesterday afternoon. Somewhere around Odeda, our bus was stopped at a police check point. I was apprehended by the officer who asked me to unlock my phone for him. I did as instructed and next he called me a cyber criminal without any evidence to proof. He immediately demanded I paid him 500k or I will be arrested and detained. I told him I can give him only 5k because I had a very important thing to do and I wouldn't want him to waste any of my precious time. The officer agreed and eventually I gave him cash of 3k because he didn't accept transfer for obvious reasons.

Before he searched my phone, he seized my bag and a nylon containing my shoes and my iPhone usb cord.

I unfortunately missed my bus because of delay, so I needed to board another bus immediately, so the officer helped me to stop a bus. He then handed me my bag and nylon. I was so pissed off and tried to cool off my head with a short nap. On getting to Abeokuta, I checked if the contents of my bag and nylon was intact but to my greatest surprise, I found a big android phone belonging to the police officer inside the nylon instead of my shoe and usb. He had unfortunately giving me a wrong nylon containing his own phone.

I have the phone with me now and I'm sincerely not willing to give it back. He has been calling and I don't know if I should change my mind.

This case...

Find a relative or friend who has is connected to a highly placed officer and relate the story.

Before venturing to return anything make sure you have a superior officer as support.

When they know you are coming from a position of strength they won't want to make their situation worse than it already is.

One can't be too careful with the police these days.

==============================
PS: Would you like to know what to do to make a steady online income in the next 90 days? Connect with me on WhatsApp and I'll help you learn the skills you need to achieve this. https://mrniyi.com/afmnl
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by cassidyjosh(m): 7:39pm On Feb 02, 2022
See Op just do what's right and you know what that is forget all those niggas asking you to do otherwise...if you keep or sell the phone you ain't different from the said officer....the force is good now go to a more superior officer probably a police public relations officer and lodge a formal complaint am certain they will surely take it up.
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by seanwilliam(m): 7:40pm On Feb 02, 2022
lanocfoods:
The phone is your evidence of extortion, take it to the police station in your area and report what happened to a superior officer or more still send them a message on their twitter official handle and hear what they have to say, don't just return the phone like that and don't sell it either
since he didn’t make transfer to the police , he doesn’t have any concrete evidence o, the police might rope him. He should just destroy it
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Integrafamoo: 7:40pm On Feb 02, 2022
hotplay:

Get his details and take online loan with the phone. He deserve a negative reward
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by goldmatrix(m): 7:42pm On Feb 02, 2022
Get to a nearby police station, make report and return the phone.
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by nextstep(m): 7:44pm On Feb 02, 2022
lanocfoods:
The phone is your evidence of extortion, take it to the police station in your area and report what happened to a superior officer or more still send them a message on their twitter official handle and hear what they have to say, don't just return the phone like that and don't sell it either

And somehow the guy's DPO, ADC, etc will somehow allow you to waka just like that? Some people get mind.

I will advice OP to pieces the phone and sell the parts (minus the radio) - battery, display, las las you will get more than 3k back.
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by nextstep(m): 7:45pm On Feb 02, 2022
Integrafamoo:

Get his details and take online loan with the phone. He deserve a negative reward

Chai.. this one would be awesome!
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Larrykaysail(m): 7:45pm On Feb 02, 2022
hotplay:

as far as am concerned I will not give him, he has sold his phone for 3k
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by ElPhoche(m): 7:46pm On Feb 02, 2022
hotplay:

Go to Twitter, Tage the Nigerian police handle, EFCC, Macaroni, and inform them about this and that you want to return the phone. You might end up lucky and your money back and also get him sacked too.
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by paparazi232(m): 7:47pm On Feb 02, 2022
report what Happened to the nearest police HQ there will handled it
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by itslinkin4005(m): 7:47pm On Feb 02, 2022
hotplay:

v You just bought a phone for 3k.
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Feb 02, 2022
I will damage the phone and throw it in a river
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Googledotcom: 7:52pm On Feb 02, 2022
The cop wouldn't make that expensive mistake, I think he's playing a game to rope you. A game which in time will fetch him more money from your pocket.
Take the phone to their HQ and explain what happened. But I'm scared they will still turn around to accuse you of theft.
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Paretomaster1(m): 7:56pm On Feb 02, 2022
I will get a lawyer, report him to the CP or EFCC, he must pay that 500k he want to collect from me..

Or i waybill his phone to Maiduguri to Goan collect it there... grin
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by NnamdiN: 7:56pm On Feb 02, 2022
If hear say I no use hammer destroy that phone
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by SilentBurner(m): 7:57pm On Feb 02, 2022
hotplay:

Board a taxi at night, and forget it there grin grin
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by santakris(m): 7:58pm On Feb 02, 2022
Guys dey para.

Return the phone but make sure you collect your belongings including your money.

Just report him at the force headquarters and let him be invited.
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Clinton16984: 8:02pm On Feb 02, 2022
The forum looks good
Guwf44: I just joined the forum and already addicted to it

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by ShakurRapmonst: 8:04pm On Feb 02, 2022
Alaye take.it.to.computer village and cash out.. God punish police
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Edoziesmart(m): 8:05pm On Feb 02, 2022
All these fabricated stories throwing up here and there on nairaland just to gain traffic.
I immediately check your moniker and noticed it is a new account.

I don't believe any trash from a new moniker created by the mods to gain traffic
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by mhiztaNexy(m): 8:06pm On Feb 02, 2022
This story no gel.
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by solex2g4(m): 8:06pm On Feb 02, 2022
Forget is deeds out of greed and give him back the phone.
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by SilentBurner(m): 8:07pm On Feb 02, 2022
hotplay q=109890196:
lalasticlala
kiss kiss
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by muyiwaakeredolu(m): 8:07pm On Feb 02, 2022
Keep the phone..or throw it in the sea
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by deavicky(m): 8:09pm On Feb 02, 2022
hotplay:

he is an idiot. For the first time I will be saying don't return it.
Tell him he is stupid. Give the phone out to anybody or probably throw it away.
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by ghidhehorn(m): 8:14pm On Feb 02, 2022
Make I tell you one thing eee....first switch it off
Secondly... Look for one river and close your eye so tight and throway
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Mrbenny001: 8:14pm On Feb 02, 2022
Tell him to send your stuff to you and then you also send the phone to him...no meet him one on one oo.. my advice
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by altteemy: 8:15pm On Feb 02, 2022
@hotplay, this is the police monitoring unit link on twitter.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PoliceNG_CRU

Call the number on their page and explain. They will tell you what to do.

Two wrongs don't make a right else you will enter a huge issue beyond your Wildest dreams. Don't tamper with the phone. Don't even attempt to blackmail or make demands from the cop. Simply call the monitoring unit tonight.

Wishing you well - Teemy
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by frankmoney(m): 8:16pm On Feb 02, 2022
Havesomesense:

All of them are bad.

If you've had experience with the police, you will understand.

I have been kidnapped by some police officers before, they collected 100,000 from me.

My crime was moving at night.
well you have a point, I think the best thing is to upload the man's photos on twitter and everywhere if he can unlock it
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Feb 02, 2022
hotplay:

Go and report to the police just as you have reported to Us. Don't trust the police, the Nigga might not even be police. You are in a dilemma. Wahala!!
E be like person wey police van give "a ride" wey dey happy. Bail is not free and the police is not your friend.

Run!
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by raphy(m): 8:31pm On Feb 02, 2022
If you return village fit shake your pot this month just when he calls pick it n tell him tht he should go buy another phone.
Don't cut it.removr his inside gutter n move on.

No fear just wear shade de go if u see him Dodge am stay u no kill person.

They HV done worst in this part of Africa after the devil fear nigeria police.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Zazzau Emirate Council Dismisses Palace Guard Over Gangrape Of Bride-to-be / Kidnapper Evans: Nigerian IGP Shared Too Much With Public – Ghanaian Lawmaker / Anambra Police Parade 25 Suspected Cultists, Drug Peddlers, Bandits (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.