Stats: 3,154,159 members, 7,821,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (836819 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (619) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 6:52pm On May 30, 2022
@gaskinachi each applicant must have a form irregardless of age. Visa fee/form is per head. Fill the adress continuously, it will let u pass after sometime.. u can write it as 2 yrs: when d form is reviewed this will be understood.
your wife should provide a bank statemnt without unexplained deposits. If any unexplained large deposits, be ready to provide documentary evidence.. although it will better without such given past refusals
Also bear in mind, evn though you are sponsoring- it is her own circumstances that will be used to judge the application… therfore with her 3 previous refusals do not treat the application with levity. Patience and accuracy needed for filling forms as well as arranging her documents to show strong ties to Nigeria and genuine intention of proposed trip.
Per ur last Q, write 1 naira in the place where asked how much personally is she the applicant contributing to the trip
Where was the work trip in April 2022 to?

Update. She has 4 previous refusals from previous data so this is her 5th try… in my opinion, if this application is not water tight including her bank statement, kindly do not apply.
Find all previous refusal letters.. each reason for denial should be addressed.
If multiple unexplained deposits or complicated bank statement, pls go back to the drawing board and keep a clean statement.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by gaskinachi(m): 7:36pm On May 30, 2022
giselle237:
@gaskinachi each applicant must have a form irregardless of age. Visa fee/form is per head. Fill the adress continuously, it will let u pass after sometime.. u can write it as 2 yrs: when d form is reviewed this will be understood.
your wife should provide a bank statemnt without unexplained deposits. If any unexplained large deposits, be ready to provide documentary evidence.. although it will better without such given past refusals
Also bear in mind, evn though you are sponsoring- it is her own circumstances that will be used to judge the application… therfore with her 3 previous refusals do not treat the application with levity. Patience and accuracy needed for filling forms as well as arranging her documents to show strong ties to Nigeria and genuine intention of proposed trip.
Per ur last Q, write 1 naira in the place where asked how much personally is she the applicant contributing to the trip
Where was the work trip in April 2022 to?

Update. She has 4 previous refusals from previous data so this is her 5th try… in my opinion, if this application is not water tight including her bank statement, kindly do not apply.
Find all previous refusal letters.. each reason for denial should be addressed.
If multiple unexplained deposits or complicated bank statement, pls go back to the drawing board and keep a clean statement.

Thanks For the prompt response Giselle
1. April trip with son was to ghana.
2. She has landed property which I gifted to her,
She also started a new role in a new company in
January of 2022.
3. She is currently a distance online MBA student in university of Essex,if migrating was in our plans she will have gone d student route like everyone else.
4. Her salary came in batches of 1.1m January and February and then 1.7 March,April and May 1.3 respectively ,will this be a problem ?
I have attached the reasons given for previous refusals in images below.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 7:45pm On May 30, 2022
@gaskinachi decent incomes.. but why different amounts? Is there an employment letter that clearly states she will be paid different sums every month? Because you will be asked annual income .. If varying sums, an eco that does not want to understand will deny..
I ask this bcus i dnt know how she will be able to give an accurate answer for annual income.
Family vacation yes- but please she has to have an itinerary adequately stating her plans for each day of the trip
If it is something like July you are travelling to.. google a festival happening during that time or a free event .. she is an intending tourist and should show this.
She needs to write a cover letter asides filling the refusal reasons on the form.
Then she needs to let the eco know her current circumstances and why she will come back after the trip. This job should be put at the helm of her ties.
Hope she has approved leave? Pls get an introductory letter from the company stating her salary in simple words and the discrepancies.
Also stating when she is travellin and when she is returning to work, where she is travelin to and that they have no objection to the trip
As the sponsor, hope no complications with your own bank statemnt?
Pls as a sponsor write a letter of sponsorhip, explain everything and why you are more than happy to sponsor this trip. Google reasons as to why you will come back.
@sokotogudali has a cover letter on this thread, search for it.. i note his circumstances are differnet(exams, med dr etc) but it gives you a good picture of what you should be explainin.. there’s no limit to her explainin her circumstances as it is needed given 4 previous refusals
I also hope her company has contact information for verification and some presence online should the eco want to clarify anything given she is less than 6 months with them.
If everything is kept water tight, this could be positive
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by gaskinachi(m): 7:58pm On May 30, 2022
giselle237:
@gaskinachi decent incomes.. but why different amounts? Is there an employment letter that clearly states she will be paid different sums every month? Because you will be asked annual income .. If varying sums, an eco that does not want to understand will deny..
I ask this bcus i dnt know how she will be able to give an accurate answer for annual income.
Family vacation yes- but please she has to have an itinerary adequately stating her plans for each day of the trip
If it is something like July you are travelling to.. google a festival happening during that time or a free event .. she is an intending tourist and should show this.
She needs to write a cover letter asides filling the refusal reasons on the form.
Then she needs to let the eco know her current circumstances and why she will come back after the trip. This job should be put at the helm of her ties.
Hope she has approved leave? Pls get an introductory letter from the company stating her salary in simple words and the discrepancies.
Also stating when she is travellin and when she is returning to work, where she is travelin to and that they have no objection to the trip
As the sponsor, hope no complications with your own bank statemnt?
Pls as a sponsor write a letter of sponsorhip, explain everything and why you are more than happy to sponsor this trip. Google reasons as to why you will come back.
@sokotogudali has a cover letter on this thread, search for it.. i note his circumstances are differnet(exams, med dr etc) but it gives you a good picture of what you should be explainin.. there’s no limit to her explainin her circumstances as it is needed given 4 previous refusals
I also hope her company has contact information for verification and some presence online should the eco want to clarify anything given she is less than 6 months with them.
If everything is kept water tight, this could be positive

Her monthly salary as stated in her employment letter is 1.3m naira, 1.1 paid in January and February were company errors which was rectified in March hence the extra 400k,the error correction was stated in the payslip for March. My statement is tip top, business invoices ,taxes etc readily available on my end. Thanks once again
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 8:47pm On May 30, 2022
gaskinachi:
Hello house, trying to fill a visit visa form for my wife and son. I observed that ,

1.previous address in the past 2 years is required even though he is less dan one and has only lived in one address.

2.it won’t let me move forward in the application if I don’t fill a figure in the (total amount planning to spend personally on the trip and total amount of money you spend monthly boxes) he is an infant with no earnings .

I need to know if there’s a separate application for children.

Our stats
1.I hold a ten year visit visa
2.wife has been refused 3 times mainly for flimsy excuses like deposits dt don’t correlate with her salary and one time I sponsored but didn’t include my business invoices and tax,biz details

We got married middle of 2021 most of her applications were before dt,only 1 since we got married
3. Our son was born sept 2021, i and wife took a trip to dubai together in dec 2021, wife took son on a work trip in April 2022. We plan on taking dis trip to Uk as our first vacation as a family, wife earns about a million naira monthly as a finance controller of a fmcg. But Becos of previous refusals I want to be the sole sponsor of the application.

My Questions
1. Is there a separate application form for kids,infants ?
2.does my wife need to include her bank statement even if I’m the sole sponsor of the application ?

3. What is the right thing to fill for the parts I circled in the image attached if someone else is sponsoring the application.

Sir, Your child needs his/her own form so open one for him/her and fill. You can put N10,000 as his monthly expense cos the form will not accept 0. Your wife has a good job. Let her sponser herself and include all the documents relating to her job, copy of her staff ID card, payslips for 6 months, letter from her office introducing her, your marriage certificate and your child's birth certificate. Sponsoring her is doable but let her sponsor herself. It will establish that she is capable of travelling on her own income without depending on you. People who earn far less sponsor themselves and they get the visa. She should keep her account clean and highlight her monthly salary and other allowances she's paid. She will get the visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 8:49pm On May 30, 2022
Candybright:
Who has had this experience before?
9months after submission (renewal) and no word from tls. Several paid mails and visit to tls still no positive feedback.
Does it mean the passport is missing?
cry
Who knows what step to take now?
I guess suing them is in order
The wait is long overdue

This is serious. 9 months/ Something is seriously wrong. You need to call them asap. Why did you wait this long?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 8:55pm On May 30, 2022
gaskinachi:

Her monthly salary as stated in her employment letter is 1.3m naira, 1.1 paid in January and February were company errors which was rectified in March hence the extra 400k,the error correction was stated in the payslip for March. My statement is tip top, business invoices ,taxes etc readily available on my end. Thanks once again

This application must be tight. Your wife does not need a fifth denial.

As I suggested, I strongly recommend that she sponsors herself. Working for 6 months is not an issue. Her job is good and provides enough ties to Nigeria. She should include a nicely worded cover letter and emphasis that she has a good job to come back to. And include documents to prove that. She will get the visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Candybright: 9:35pm On May 30, 2022
Cashmadam:

This is serious. 9 months/ Something is seriously wrong. You need to call them asap. Why did you wait this long?
We have done every every. Since last year, no concrete response ro where the passport is
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 10:34pm On May 30, 2022
Candybright:

We have done every every. Since last year, no concrete response ro where the passport is

Then, I suggest you write to the British High Commission and demand for answers. This is unacceptable!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by codedarrow: 10:36pm On May 30, 2022
Dear Members

I will like to ask if they also give lebara sim to people going for Tourist visa in TLS ?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by gistbite(f): 1:15am On May 31, 2022
Hey, want to join me at Chase UK? We'll both get £20 when you join and pay in £20. Get started: https://link.go.chase/emNK/refer?code=MSZVyjY2. T&Cs apply.

wink
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by gaskinachi(m): 6:31am On May 31, 2022
Cashmadam:

This application must be tight. Your wife does not need a fifth denial.

As I suggested, I strongly recommend that she sponsors herself. Working for 6 months is not an issue. Her job is good and provides enough ties to Nigeria. She should include a nicely worded cover letter and emphasis that she has a good job to come back to. And include documents to prove that. She will get the visa.

Thanks house ,I will do as you and giselle37 suggested.hopefully she has some luck this time. Grateful for all the guidance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by naivasha: 8:04am On May 31, 2022
Hello,

I assume you are referring to the Standard visitor visa? When I submitted my application for a two year visa I was given the Lebara SIM.

Cheers.

codedarrow:
Dear Members

I will like to ask if they also give lebara sim to people going for Tourist visa in TLS ?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by babyfaiz: 8:59am On May 31, 2022
It seems we are in the same boat with regards to “ the wait begins”. I did mine on the 12th of May at the same center as yours. I’m also renewing (5 years). I was hoping this might take two weeks at most 3 weeks. I was expecting 2 weeks consequent upon some testimonies here. I think renewals are fast as compared to first time applicants. Please, keep me posted should your application status change at any point. I will do the same here as well. I’m hoping this week Thursday, will be the day.
naivasha:
Hello everyone.

For anyone interested, I just want to share my experience providing biometrics at TLS Ikeja today. Application is for visiting visa.
My appointment was for 9.30am. I got there 9.15 as advised in the appointment email. Waited outside until we were screened and allowed in at 9.30. Once inside, we sat down and waited until they were ready to attend to us. Please note that the process can take a while. Basically once inside there are three 'checkpoints'. First, they go over your documents to make sure everything is in order. They also try to upsell you extra services like courier delivery, etc. Next checkpoint is upstairs where they scan your passport and prepare you for biometrics. Last checkpoint is biometrics; nothing much to it. You look into a camera and say your name and date of birth then they take your fingerprints. After that you are free to go. These checkpoint activities don't take long, cumulatively maybe about 10/15 minutes in my case. Where you will spend time is in the waiting. I did not leave TLS until 12.50pm. That's over three hours. They try to prioritise families with babies or young children, those who are pregnant as well as the elderly so if you are not in any of those categories you will need a lot of patience. At some point there was a power failure and this added to the wait time as it took several minutes to get their systems back online. I opted for Keep My Passport as I need it for an upcoming trip in June and with current visa processing times I couldn't risk submitting it. It nearly didn't work out as I was informed that earlier in the day they were not able to offer that service (keep my passport) due to some glitches somewhere but by the time I was attended to they had resolved the issue.

I had printed all seven pages of my checklist as well as the whole appointment email. But they don't need all of that. In addition to your passport, provide just the following:
a) the first page of the appointment mail
b) the first page of the checklist
c) photocopy of passport data page
This applies to those who uploaded their documents online. For assisted service I think it is slightly different. The TLS staff will explain the requirements. There is no need to staple or clip your documents together. If you do, they will ask you to remove them.

Also they expect your phone to be off while you are in there so be prepared for that. So for me, the long wait now begins. I will try and update the thread as much as I can. All the best to everyone!

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ableman101: 10:03am On May 31, 2022
justwise:
This is Part5 of the UK visiting/tourist visa thread

Part 4 is here https://www.nairaland.com/5233246/general-uk-visa-enquiries-part

Visit this link for application and other info https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/apply

Good luck

Hello boss please I have an urgent and personal question to ask you. I have sent an email as well. Please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by incognitoo: 10:28am On May 31, 2022
Just note that this Thursday and Friday are bank holidays in the UK.

babyfaiz:
It seems we are in the same boat with regards to “ the wait begins”. I did mine on the 12th of May at the same center as yours. I’m also renewing (5 years). I was hoping this might take two weeks at most 3 weeks. I was expecting 2 weeks consequent upon some testimonies here. I think renewals are fast as compared to first time applicants. Please, keep me posted should your application status change at any point. I will do the same here as well. I’m hoping this week Thursday, will be the day.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by nwaogukings03: 11:16am On May 31, 2022
Are both national holidays? Or will they observe just the thursday own?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by babyfaiz: 11:30am On May 31, 2022
incognitoo:
Just note that this Thursday and Friday are bank holidays in the UK.

Whoops! Never knew. Thanks for calling my attention to that. This wait ehn! Sad part is… nothing is sure & it’s so expensive
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 12:05pm On May 31, 2022
nwaogukings03:
Are both national holidays? Or will they observe just the thursday own?
Thursday and Friday are public holidays. Over observed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by nwaogukings03: 12:17pm On May 31, 2022
giselle237:
Thursday and Friday are public holidays. Over observed.

Lol. God help us
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by geolan(m): 2:36pm On May 31, 2022
Hello everyone and trust we are having a god day?

I am at the point of making payment for visa fee and i am having challenges receiving the dynamic password on my phone.

I am using a first bank multi currency card. Could it be network issues or they do not accept first bank dom card?

Also, at what point do i get to upload my documents?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Chudycharles: 3:12pm On May 31, 2022
Please can I DM you too I will begin the process soon... So I will like to know more thanks...
Oma6090:
I found this group very helpful after my MIL's visa was refused in January. She reapplied in March and it was granted in April. I have sent her timeline earlier.
I will be explaining in details how we addressed the reason for the refusal.
One of the major reasons she was denied was because of unknown large deposits into her account, no ties back home, and the amount of money she intends spending for the trip was morethan half of what she earns.
In the new application, I and my husband decided to sponsor the visa though we still submitted her bank statement. We explained every fund that was deposited into her account.
We also explained the nature of her business.
She is a trader. Her business isn't registered. We also explained that business transactions was done in cash. We used pictures of her at the shop as evidence. We also attached the shop lease receipt as evidence of the fact that she has something doing. For ties back home, we sent pictures of she and her other children, grandchildren, mother and a little boy that leaves with her as evidence.
We went further to explain that the boy that lives with her will temporarily live with her daughter pending when she returns.
We estimated the cost of the trip, and also listed places she would be visiting during her stay.
Thank you to every one that helped, I am really grateful.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by damrmd02(f): 3:13pm On May 31, 2022
Good afternoon sir, pls I sent you an email now, kindly check it. I need more insight about the document to submit for visiting visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by vikaosi: 3:37pm On May 31, 2022
Please, I got this email from TLS. What does it mean? Does it me the Visa is approved.

Dear Customer,

Your travel document (and supporting documents, if applicable) are now ready for collection at the TLScontact Visa Application Centre, Victoria Island, Lagos. Please carefully read the below instructions to retrieve your documents.

If you have made more than one application at the same time using the same email address, please wait until you have received email confirmations for each application before visiting this Visa Application Centre to collect your documents[color=#990000][/color].
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by vikaosi: 3:38pm On May 31, 2022
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ujubuggy: 3:44pm On May 31, 2022
ujubuggy:
Please can someone who just renewed his Visa through the company that just employed her wife in UK(meanwhile he came to UK with student visa for his PhD with his family) give me letter of invitation ,will the UK embassy accept it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by blackpant: 3:46pm On May 31, 2022
Goodday everyone. I am sponsoring a family vacation for my wife and children. My wife is a full time homemaker, does she have to include her bank statement in her application considering I am providing 100% of the funds?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by babyfaiz: 4:27pm On May 31, 2022
blackpant:
Goodday everyone. I am sponsoring a family vacation for my wife and children. My wife is a full time homemaker, does she have to include her bank statement in her application considering I am providing 100% of the funds?
Absolutely. She has to, regardless of her balance it doesn’t change anything.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by meccisoft(f): 4:32pm On May 31, 2022
Congratulations. Please when did you do your biometric
vikaosi:
Please, I got this email from TLS. What does it mean? Does it me the Visa is approved.

Dear Customer,

Your travel document (and supporting documents, if applicable) are now ready for collection at the TLScontact Visa Application Centre, Victoria Island, Lagos. Please carefully read the below instructions to retrieve your documents.

If you have made more than one application at the same time using the same email address, please wait until you have received email confirmations for each application before visiting this Visa Application Centre to collect your documents[color=#990000][/color].
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by vikaosi: 4:37pm On May 31, 2022
meccisoft:
Congratulations. Please when did you do your biometric

Wednesday, May 11, 2022
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by babyfaiz: 4:43pm On May 31, 2022
vikaosi:

Wednesday, May 11, 2022
congratulations are in order, based on testimonies here. Was it a visit/ tourist visa? Renewal or fresh applicant? Seems like you also applied with family or group of people?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by vikaosi: 4:48pm On May 31, 2022
babyfaiz:
congratulations are in order, based on testimonies here. Was it a visit/ tourist visa? Renewal or fresh applicant? Seems like you also applied with family or group of people?

Thank you. I'm praying for a positive outcome. I applied for Dependent Visa (Spouse). I applied alone.

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (619) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71