Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (829782 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (615) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Evagreenfields: 4:37pm On Jun 01, 2022
Hello, confirm the document is in pdf format, if not, convert to pdf and try reuploading.

geolan:

Congratulations to those that have gotten their visas and we hope and pray this goodnews will go round.

Please I can’t upload the reference letter I received. It keeps saying an error has occurred and i sho try later. I have been trying since morning. What could be the issue?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by HRprof: 4:37pm On Jun 01, 2022
Genyc:
Please I am in a sort of predicament right now

I did biometrics with my family on the 17th of May and our application right now is on the stage "application received by DMC".
The problem now is that we need to send our passports to Canada before June 20th for stamping and I'm at a loss at what to do.

What do you advice? to withdraw the application or wait it out? Is there a possibility that the application can be finalized before our Canada deadline?

Type of application is standard visit visa, 6 months for 6 people, first time applicants

you should have requested keep my passport option since you have Canada application. your UK visa will not be ready by 20th June deadline for Canada. I am still waiting for my passport, did biometric since 21st April never heard anything from UKVI till date. Is better you don't miss the canada visa because of UK embassy delay.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by motunray: 5:37pm On Jun 01, 2022
HRprof:

you should have requested keep my passport option since you have Canada application. your UK visa will not be ready by 20th June deadline for Canada. I am still waiting for my passport, did biometric since 21st April never heard anything from UKVI till date. Is better you don't miss the canada visa because of UK embassy delay.

Good day , I also did my biometric since 21st April , please what’s the status on your application?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by HRprof: 6:55pm On Jun 01, 2022
motunray:

Good day , I also did my biometric since 21st April , please what’s the status on your application?
When I track it shows application received by DMC
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by motunray: 7:18pm On Jun 01, 2022
HRprof:

When I track it shows application received by DMC

Same here
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by geolan(m): 8:28pm On Jun 01, 2022
Evagreenfields:
Hello, confirm the document is in pdf format, if not, convert to pdf and try reuploading.

It is in pdf just like every other document. I don’t know why it keeps saying an error occurred and I should try again later
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by debbie(f): 9:50pm On Jun 01, 2022
geolan:

It is in pdf just like every other document. I don’t know why it keeps saying an error occurred and I should try again later
try to resize it or compress the file.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 11:22pm On Jun 01, 2022
HRprof:

Anything is possible. At the height of the rush earlier in the year, I got my visa in 10 days. You can wait it out or withdraw the application. It depends on you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by djbaju(m): 11:29pm On Jun 01, 2022
Good evening house,

I need your advice here, I applied 2 years back and was refused, my laptop got damaged & I lost my VAF form with it, my parents are dead 26 & 24 years ago so I don't have any information regards their ages, The last time I submitted i guessed an age for them now I need to fill my form again and i cant remember what I filled regards their again, I have to make a guess again and it might defer from the last form. I need the house to advise me, I don't want it to look as if I am just putting different details or what should I do, I would have left blank but it is not possible, I await to read from you soon.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by queeniejck: 2:57am On Jun 02, 2022
I just got a refusal letter from UKVI today.

Reason was: You have applied to enter the UK for 15 days for the purpose of tourism, I
acknowledge the documents you have submitted from your sponsors. However it is
your personal circumstances which is paramount in assessing your application.
You state that you are employed earning an annual income of 9,500,000 NGN
(£18,050). In support of your application you have provided documents in relation to
your company ……LTD, However these documents do not demonstrate that your
business is actively trading at the level of income you have declared on your
application,
You state that you will personally spend 700.000 NGN (£1,330) on your visit 1o the
UK. In support of you finances you have provided copies of your personal bank
statement which shows deposits that are not in line with what you have declared on
your application. Combined with the concerns raised regarding your employment, I
am not satisfied that your circumstances are as you have presented, leading me to
doubt your intention to visit the UK at this time.
• In light of the above, I am not satisfied that you intend leave the UK at the end of your
visit or that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor. Therefore your application is
refused under paragraphs V4.2 (a) & (c) of Appendix V.
Please guys Any advice on what to do next?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AdesinaOBD(m): 5:03am On Jun 02, 2022
I have few questions
1) did you state that you are employed or self employed
2) did you state your trip is going to be sponsored by someone else, if yes, who
3) when did you apply

queeniejck:

Reason was: You have applied to enter the UK for 15 days for the purpose of tourism, I
(£18,050). In support of your application you have provided documents in relation to
application,
You state that you will personally spend 700.000 NGN (£1,330) on your visit 1o the
statement which shows deposits that are not in line with what you have declared on
your application. Combined with the concerns raised regarding your employment, I
am not satisfied that your circumstances are as you have presented, leading me to
• In light of the above, I am not satisfied that you intend leave the UK at the end of your
visit or that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor. Therefore your application is
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by iretiogo1: 5:04am On Jun 02, 2022
queeniejck:

application,
when was your biometric date?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ebylicious: 5:18am On Jun 02, 2022
babyfaiz:
this is renewal I guess and not a first timer. This was over a month application process. This is really a long wait

Yea, it's a renewal. Well 30th May completed the 6th week. Collection Mail sent 31st and I picked up 1st June.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by babyfaiz: 7:09am On Jun 02, 2022
Ebylicious:

Yea, it's a renewal. Well 30th May completed the 6th week. Collection Mail sent 31st and I picked up 1st June.
wow! This is quite surprising. Most renewals are usually 3 weeks after biometrics. Did you get a non- straight forward email from UKVI after biometrics? This is the first time this year, I’m seeing/ hearing of 6 weeks for renewal. Congrats once again
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by djbaju(m): 7:20am On Jun 02, 2022
Anybody with an experience??

djbaju:
Good evening house,

I need your advice here, I applied 2 years back and was refused, my laptop got damaged & I lost my VAF form with it, my parents are dead 26 & 24 years ago so I don't have any information regards their ages, The last time I submitted i guessed an age for them now I need to fill my form again and i cant remember what I filled regards their again, I have to make a guess again and it might defer from the last form. I need the house to advise me, I don't want it to look as if I am just putting different details or what should I do, I would have left blank but it is not possible, I await to read from you soon.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 8:45am On Jun 02, 2022
djbaju:
Anybody with an experience??
i think you can fill January 1, 1900 if you can’t remember their DOBs. I wrote 1900 not 1990 pls..Then in additional information place, just explain that you can’t remember and that they are late. That’s all

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by djbaju(m): 9:26am On Jun 02, 2022
Thanks I appreciate

additional information place, just explain that you can’t remember and that they are late. That’s all[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mercymabonx: 9:54am On Jun 02, 2022
I did my biometric at ikeja on the 26th of April,I tracked it last still at dmc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by HRprof: 10:06am On Jun 02, 2022
queeniejck:

your company ……LTD,
However these documents do not demonstrate that your
application,
At the bolded there are confusion in the letter, it mention your sponsor at the same time mentioned you personal support yourself for the trip. can you explain better.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 10:29am On Jun 02, 2022
HRprof:

At the bolded there are confusion in the letter, it mention your sponsor at the same time mentioned you personal support yourself for the trip. can you explain better.

But that is self explainatory......, the eco acknowledged that the applicant had presented additional documents of a sponsor, but doubts on the applicant's personal circumstances(job/business, financies) led to doubts of the applicant's overall intention for the visa application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by naivasha: 10:30am On Jun 02, 2022
Quick update for the house:

(I chose the Keep My Passport option)

Branch: TLS Ikeja
Visa: Standard Visitors Visa (2yrs)
Payment: 3rd May 2022
Biometrics: 11th May 2022
Transferred to DMC: 11th May 2022
Received by DMC: 12th May 2022
Received submission email: June 2nd 2022

CC @Babyfaiz

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Fisherlala: 10:50am On Jun 02, 2022
Hello everyone, Trust you are all doing well, I need an advice real quick !!! I have a friend that wants to relocate to the UK to work as a career but we don’t know how to get sponsorship and someone said he needs to do NVQ level 3 exam, we don’t much about that either.
Any information, links, websites etc will be appreciated.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by babyfaiz: 10:54am On Jun 02, 2022
naivasha:

CC @Babyfaiz
thanks for this info, I really appreciate it. I’ve been waiting for your reply ever since for a glimmer of hope that something positive will happen this week. How so much I hate this UK visa application process. Many thanks for the info & I think I’m allowed to say congratulations as you await the return of your document

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oggg: 11:10am On Jun 02, 2022
Fisherlala:
Hello everyone, Trust you are all doing well, I need an advice real quick !!! I have a friend that wants to relocate to the UK to work as a career but we don’t know how to get sponsorship and someone said he needs to do NVQ level 3 exam, we don’t much about that either. Any information, links, websites etc will be appreciated.
https://www.nairaland.com/6748312/uk-skilled-worker-visa-health/142

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by nwaogukings03: 11:32am On Jun 02, 2022
naivasha:

CC @Babyfaiz

First time or renewal?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by naivasha: 11:37am On Jun 02, 2022
Renewal. The last UK visa I had expired in April 2020.

nwaogukings03:

First time or renewal?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by geolan(m): 12:19pm On Jun 02, 2022
debbie:
try to resize it or compress the file.

The document was initially sent via email so I just printed it out, rescanned and tried uploading and it went through.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by naivasha: 1:09pm On Jun 02, 2022
You're welcome and thanks for the kind words.

It will be some time before I can update on the final outcome because I have an upcoming trip in about a week and I don't trust that I will get my passport back in time if I drop it off now. I'll confirm my visa status in a few weeks' time.

Cheers!

babyfaiz:
thanks for this info, I really appreciate it. I’ve been waiting for your reply ever since for a glimmer of hope that something positive will happen this week. How so much I hate this UK visa application process. Many thanks for the info & I think I’m allowed to say congratulations as you await the return of your document
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AdesinaOBD(m): 1:54pm On Jun 02, 2022
This write up is not clear, did you state that someone is sponsoring you, did you state that you are employed and same time have a business of your own etc
queeniejck:

acknowledge the documents you have submitted from your sponsors
. However it is
application,

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by orlabot(m): 2:39pm On Jun 02, 2022
Good afternoon everyone. Thanks for your prompt response to every question asked on this thread. Please, I received a message from TLS concerning my application this afternoon after I raised a concern about my application being stucked on the 'Application transferred to DMC' stage. This was the message "Dear Customer,
Thank you for contacting us.
Please be advised that your documents are being processed by UK Visas and Immigration. You will be notified separately when the decision is made and your passport will be returned.
You can also check the status of your application through your profile on https://www.gov.uk/.

Please keep in mind that TLScontact plays no role and has no influence over the outcome of your visa application or the time it takes to process.
Applications are processed by UK Visas and Immigration, which is a separate entity to TLScontact."
My concern now is, my application hasn't left that stage still. What might be the problem?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by adelejane: 3:41pm On Jun 02, 2022
Just received the email below , applied for myself and 2 children 2 years visit visa . Biometric was 20th May in Ghana ., yet to receive for all 3 applicant , received this for my daughter …. About 20 mins ago , message came twice for her only . The last email we received was on the 26th from visit.customer Enquires or so that our application has arrived at DMC, the other which came on the 27th was from Visainfo.shefo that our application has been received by thier office . I honestly don’t know what to think . Did anyone receive the email below?

Dear Customer,

Your travel document (and supporting documents, if applicable) are now ready for collection at the TLScontact UK Visa Application Centre. Please read carefully the below instruction to retrieve your document.

Collection in person

Please come with the followings:

Your Original TLScontact Application Checklist
Your Original Photographic ID
Copy of Your Photographic ID
Copy of birth certificate (if collecting for your minor child) *
Collecting using a representative

Your Representative should provide the followings:

Your Original TLScontact Application Checklist
Copy of Your Photographic ID
Representative’s Original Photographic ID
Copy of Representative’s Photographic ID
Signed Letter of Authorisation from You (clearly stating the Representative’s details) – Download the form
Copy of birth certificate (if collecting for a minor) *
IMPORTANT: If any of the above document is missing, the representative will not be allowed to retrieve your travel document

*In compliance with the Children Protection Act

You can check collection times and the Centre address on the Address and opening hours page. You are advised to make prompt arrangements to collect your documents from the Visa Application Centre as TLScontact is only able to hold them for 28 days. After this time, they will be returned to UK Visas and Immigration, who will pass them on to the issuing authority.

Return by Courier

If you have already purchased the Courier service, your documents will be dispatched within 24 business hours from their receipt to be sent back to you by courier. You will receive another email explaining the tracking process.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Wasoso: 4:06pm On Jun 02, 2022
HRprof:

It is a fair decision.

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (615) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: Omotaday(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.