Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,596 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (834346 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Awolat: 10:54pm On Jul 01, 2022
Any update? Have they reached out to you to submit your passport. A lot of us are in this same situation
quote author=DFmum post=111504321]This is 8weeks after a successful administrative review, still waiting to be contacted. I have called, mailed and nothing yet. Please who has experienced this before ? What can I do next? The waiting is frustrating , what can I do to draw their attention abeg ?[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by johnsurvive: 11:07pm On Jul 01, 2022
Good evening ,, pls I urgently need police clearance from alagbon Lagos, can anyone pls give me contact of who can help me get this . Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by DFmum: 1:53am On Jul 02, 2022
They havent requested for passport yet, they replied and apologised for delay and reassured that they are working on the application for reconsideration but no timeframe. Today made it 5months of successful administrative review, it took them ages to transfer file back for decision.

Awolat:
Any update? Have they reached out to you to submit your passport. A lot of us are in this same situation
quote author=DFmum post=111504321]This is 8weeks after a successful administrative review, still waiting to be contacted. I have called, mailed and nothing yet. Please who has experienced this before ? What can I do next? The waiting is frustrating , what can I do to draw their attention abeg ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 2:55am On Jul 02, 2022
Lexyp:
My wife and son went back to the uk January 2022 and had a stop over at Amsterdam without any transit visa but they are both British tho so don't understand this anymore.
keyword = British. Meaning their travel document is that of Britain.
You can not do such on the ‘delisted passports’ of which Nigeria is among anymore.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 10:48am On Jul 02, 2022
DFmum:
They havent requested for passport yet, they replied and apologised for delay and reassured that they are working on the application for reconsideration but no timeframe. Today made it 5months of successful administrative review, it took them ages to transfer file back for decision.
I think they are trying to be careful. … given the history and the reason to be put if they overturn the ban… as at now, the only lucky category has been strictly spouse visa, that’s spouses to british citizens and ilr status whose immigration hx or ban are let go.
I dnt think they have done for an immigrant dependent visa so that’s why all this is taking time.
Fingers crossed that it all ends well soon.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by DFmum: 11:38am On Jul 02, 2022
It's quite frustrating, that's y am applying for my Mum to help care for my kids here and maybe take them back to Nigeria when she is going back because its really difficult for me. Looking for a live in Nanny incase anyone got one for now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by evenda: 11:55am On Jul 02, 2022
Hi house,

Does anyone know if we can use the same email address for the ukvisa online application for 3 children

Or do we need separate email addresses?

Want to apply for the child family visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 12:15pm On Jul 02, 2022
DFmum:
It's quite frustrating, that's y am applying for my Mum to help care for my kids here and maybe take them back to Nigeria when she is going back because its really difficult for me. Looking for a live in Nanny incase anyone got one for now.
Only you with children and no family support… no nau. The kids would have waited for sometime because cost of childcare is crazy. Also taking care of children alone in a foreign land is not easy..
wish you luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by orlabot(m): 12:23pm On Jul 02, 2022
mimilyrics:
This is wrong. You now need ATVs whether you leave the airport or not. This will be checked during the check-in/boarding process and you won't be allowed to proceed. I transited through AMS when I visited Nigeria last year and someone who was meant to be on my flight was denied boarding due to the absence of an ATV.
Luggage (except hand luggage) was not seen or handled by passengers till we got to the UK.
Pls, wat about those using Qatar airways who will have a stopover at Doha for 7hours before heading to d uk(destination point), do they also need a transit Visa even when they already have a uk visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by fasa199(m): 12:24pm On Jul 02, 2022
incognitoo:
This information is wrong please. Airfrance-KLM requires a Transit visa if you’re traveling to the UK on a Nigerian passport (along with some other countries). There are some exceptions like if you have a Schengen visa or US visa etc.
You can use this link to confirm what restrictions are in place http://klm.traveldoc.aero/

Using this link, a transit visa is not required. This was gotten from KLM website..

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oggg: 12:35pm On Jul 02, 2022
fasa199:

Using this link, a transit visa is not required. This was gotten from KLM website..
call air france or klm..hmm.. This is what happnd 2 my father in february.. until i sent msg to airfrance, they replied and said he will need airport transit visa. Luckily he was on the way to the bank to pay the naira equivalent to their acct when d message came. .. he had not paid.. If you want to take the risk sha, no problm. Just pls come back and tell us how it goes.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oggg: 12:35pm On Jul 02, 2022
orlabot:

Pls, wat about those using Qatar airways who will have a stopover at Doha for 7hours before heading to d uk(destination point), do they also need a transit Visa even when they already have a uk visa?
no
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by orlabot(m): 12:42pm On Jul 02, 2022
Oggg:
no
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ademidedavid(f): 12:48pm On Jul 02, 2022
Please, I can’t book an appointment at the Lagos center but my family(dependents) already have an appointment date. Can I do a walk in with them without having an appointment? Please I need quick response.

God bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by incognitoo: 1:31pm On Jul 02, 2022
No you didn’t use the tool correctly. You need to include the connecting flight at Paris or Amsterdam. So LOS - CDG - LHR or LOS - AMS - LCY etc. Then you include your travel documents.

fasa199:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by DFmum: 2:35pm On Jul 02, 2022
I never planned any of these to happen this way, inital application was for hubby and kids but unfortunately, they gave the children and refused hubby due to previous ban which he wasnt aware of 7years ago, hence the Adminstrative review which was successful but waiting for final decision till date. It has not been easy for me honestly but am still hanging in there and looking for a way forward. I pray my mum is giving this visa so that half problem will be solved while waiting.

giselle237:

Only you with children and no family support… no nau. The kids would have waited for sometime because cost of childcare is crazy. Also taking care of children alone in a foreign land is not easy..
wish you luck

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by bunsuq: 2:47pm On Jul 02, 2022
johnsurvive:
Good evening ,, pls I urgently need police clearance from alagbon Lagos, can anyone pls give me contact of who can help me get this . Thanks.
You may not need the contact. Just go to alagbon and you will meet police officers in multi all over the road leading to the office. Tell them what you need and be ready to bargain for it. I did mine for N7k but some paid 5k. Just do strong face that someone you know did for a certain amount (negotiate)
Also go with 2 passport photos.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ademidedavid(f): 7:46pm On Jul 02, 2022
For those of us having issues with booking of appointment, can we go on Monday? I heard an appointment can be fixed at the center for us.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 7:47pm On Jul 02, 2022
Pls for those that use Skyscanner app is it safe to pay for a flight booking via the starred recommended travel agents like mytrip.com and edreams
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 7:49pm On Jul 02, 2022
ademidedavid:
For those of us having issues with booking of appointment, can we go on Monday? I heard an appointment can be fixed at the center for us.

I recall You will have to pay on the spot for that to happen. Some absolutely heinous amount too.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Keralis: 7:57pm On Jul 02, 2022
@giselle237
Please how can a friend who has a regular biometrics appointment change to "keep my passport" option as she has German embassy appointment shortly after the that of the UK ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 8:41pm On Jul 02, 2022
Keralis:
@giselle237
Please how can a friend who has a regular biometrics appointment change to "keep my passport" option as she has German embassy appointment shortly after the that of the UK ?
can pay on biometrics date with debit/credit card only. Just inform them at the counter
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 8:43pm On Jul 02, 2022
Thegamingorca:
Pls for those that use Skyscanner app is it safe to pay for a flight booking via the starred recommended travel agents like mytrip.com and edreams
safe but check the tickets well. U must open ur eyes to see the baggage allowance as some will be offering only hand luggage or only 1 bag of 23kg, see the original price, see that there’s no self transfer etc.. when u re sure then go ahead..
just know that after payment, if you desire any changes you will sweat so best to be deliberate on your travel plans.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 8:44pm On Jul 02, 2022
bunsuq:

You may not need the contact. Just go to alagbon and you will meet police officers in multi all over the road leading to the office. Tell them what you need and be ready to bargain for it. I did mine for N7k but some paid 5k. Just do strong face that someone you know did for a certain amount (negotiate)Also go with 2 passport photos.
yes if u dnt bargain u will end up paying a ridiculous amount. The amount that goes to the govt is 3500.. anything else is o.y.o so shine your eye and drag as suggested above

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ademidedavid(f): 9:52pm On Jul 02, 2022
Thegamingorca:

I recall You will have to pay on the spot for that to happen. Some absolutely heinous amount too.

Yes I am aware, 42,000

I think it’s better
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by nellytivities(f): 11:08pm On Jul 02, 2022
Please who understands how to book for an appointment. it used to be a calendar layout but now its giving me a layout that i cannot even select appointment dates. See below p[lease: the sold dates are showing "sold" but the ones not showing sold is not allowing me select and i cannot proceed to payment either.

Please Help..

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 11:35pm On Jul 02, 2022
evenda:
Hi house,

Does anyone know if we can use the same email address for the ukvisa online application for 3 children

Or do we need separate email addresses?

Want to apply for the child family visa

yes you can

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 11:37pm On Jul 02, 2022
nellytivities:
Please who understands how to book for an appointment. it used to be a calendar layout but now its giving me a layout that i cannot even select appointment dates. See below p[lease: the sold dates are showing "sold" but the ones not showing sold is not allowing me select and i cannot proceed to payment either.

Please Help..

Keep checking. All the dates are taken. You might need to move further into July or even August
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 11:40pm On Jul 02, 2022
tundeloveday:
You only get transit visa if your connecting flight require you to change airport midway to your final destination (in which case you have to collect your luggage midway). This is called self-transfer. You will be notified while booking tha lo this flight is self-transfer. If you do not book a flight that require self-transfer, you don’t need a transit visa.

Brexit doesn’t have nothing to do with Transit visa. As a Nigerian passport holder, You only need transit visa if you are going to be stepping out of the airport independently into an European country or what-have-you country to which your first flight takes u to

Oga, she needs transit visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Opeyemi007: 4:46am On Jul 03, 2022
Choose self-service and remove the flexi appoinment, it should show closer dates.
nellytivities:

Please Help..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Keralis: 4:56am On Jul 03, 2022
giselle237:
can pay on biometrics date with debit/credit card only. Just inform them at the counter
Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (618) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: tuco02, Greatken007(m), Macheteros1, illuminaty(m), Cashmadam and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.