Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,890 members, 7,817,617 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (195) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (831939 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (616) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by favouredmum: 3:06pm On Aug 03, 2022
Edithbako:
June 10th biometric sent a paid mail y/day response is still awaiting decision.hv an exam next week ...in really unhappy didn't know uk visa process is so stressful

So sorry about this. I will advise to find an alternative to writing your exam. If it can be postponed, please start that process.
If they are yet to make a decision, the chances of getting your passport before the exam is quite slim.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by geolan(m): 3:32pm On Aug 03, 2022
favouredmum:

The number of people applying for the UK visa (either visit or study) is alarming. I am sure they have not experienced this kind of surge before.
My sister was at TLS Ikeja yesterday with her family (family of 5). Her appointment was for 12 noon. She didn't get in till 3:30pm.
Guess what guys, she didn't leave there till 10pm, that was when she eventually captured and had to beg to get captured because she had 3 kids with her. The youngest in 2years. She said a lot of people were still there when she was leaving.

I gave TLS a review yesterday and i really hope the look into it (they sent a link to share my experience after my application). This is the worst i have experienced in years since i started applying for UK visas. Its either they employ more hands to speed up the biometrics capture or put a hold for a few weeks and work on clearing the backlog. How do you hold someone's passport for 11 weeks? They just keep collecting money with poor service.

The best thing to do is to also contract the VAC services to another agency such that it won’t be only TLS. It’s obvious that there might not be an end in sight in the delay of passport sadly.

I am also a fresh UK applicant caught in the wait time even when I did my biometrics since June 7th 2022. Received at DMC about 4 to 5 days after and till date, it’s still at DMC. I tried sometime last week to send a paid mail but it didn’t accept my GTBank naira card nor my Firstbank Dom card. So I just gave up on that. However, a colleague did her biometrics like a week after mine and she has her passport and visa with her already. Although that was a renewal (2 years) from her previous 6months Visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dirolad(m): 3:57pm On Aug 03, 2022
favouredmum:

Thank you for this tip. My husband went to submit his passport at the TLS Ikeja office today. He printed a copy of the response from the paid mail, and it was helpful. What i don't understand is why no mail was sent to him to bring his passport even after a decision has been made.

Please has anyone been in this situation or gone the route of keep my passport. Any idea how long it would take from when passport is submitted to collection.
within 3-5 working days, he should be contacted. Less than 10 working days at maximum as stated in the mail. If it's taking longer, you can follow up with UKVI through mail, but I don't think it will get to that.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Genlit33: 4:44pm On Aug 03, 2022
Is V I tls office better, I mean with less crowd?

favouredmum:

The number of people applying for the UK visa (either visit or study) is alarming. I am sure they have not experienced this kind of surge before.
My sister was at TLS Ikeja yesterday with her family (family of 5). Her appointment was for 12 noon. She didn't get in till 3:30pm.
Guess what guys, she didn't leave there till 10pm, that was when she eventually captured and had to beg to get captured because she had 3 kids with her. The youngest in 2years. She said a lot of people were still there when she was leaving.

I gave TLS a review yesterday and i really hope the look into it (they sent a link to share my experience after my application). This is the worst i have experienced in years since i started applying for UK visas. Its either they employ more hands to speed up the biometrics capture or put a hold for a few weeks and work on clearing the backlog. How do you hold someone's passport for 11 weeks? They just keep collecting money with poor service.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by cynthiaugbe: 5:43pm On Aug 03, 2022
Never mind
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by temodent(m): 6:00pm On Aug 03, 2022
cynthiaugbe:
Good day all. I just got a refusal mail. Can someone help with what I can do before reapplying. Thanks

I want to believe an agent helped you fill the form. The agent didn't do well at all. I'm short of saying the agent is incompetent.

It was a total disaster as in the packaging.

Salaries are supposed to match bank deposits and other deposits needed to be explained as to the source.

Sure others would hsve one or two things to say, but it doesn't look good. You need to check the quote for the refusal I pray it didn't come with a ban
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by cynthiaugbe: 6:02pm On Aug 03, 2022
Nvm
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Edithbako: 6:03pm On Aug 03, 2022
Pls when was ur biometrics if you don't mind me asking
quote author=cynthiaugbe post=115352405]Good day all. I just got a refusal mail. Can someone help with what I can do before reapplying. Thanks
[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Zik1: 6:11pm On Aug 03, 2022
Hello All,
My uk iom tb test will expire 10th September 2022 but my flight date is 13th September. Will that expect me from travelling?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 6:12pm On Aug 03, 2022
Edithbako:
June 10th biometric sent a paid mail y/day response is still awaiting decision.hv an exam next week ...in really unhappy didn't know uk visa process is so stressful

Yes, but not as stressful as applying for a Nigerian visa or passport in another country.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Rogundipe2000: 6:21pm On Aug 03, 2022
Got a refusal letter this morning, to me the is no reasonable reason for the refusal as all large deposit was stated in My cover letter with receipt of my land I sold mid February

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AjayiOreofe: 6:52pm On Aug 03, 2022
pls those who opted for self service, did you upload your visa application form?

did you merge documents or uploaded them one by one (i mean a documents with several pages).

pls response will be highly appreciated
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Knowledgeispowe: 7:09pm On Aug 03, 2022
AjayiOreofe:
pls those who opted for self service, did you upload your visa application form?

did you merge documents or uploaded them one by one (i mean a documents with several pages).

pls response will be highly appreciated

Yes Did for mine under Vac
And download document merge to merged all several pages together in a single PDF i.e statement of accounts shld be in one single PDF etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 7:10pm On Aug 03, 2022
Rogundipe2000:
Got a refusal letter this morning, to me the is no reasonable reason for the refusal as all large deposit was stated in My cover letter with receipt of my land I sold mid February

Sorry
all these I sold my land, I sold my car, I sold my farm has casted… just saying…. Anything that resembles money lodgment or the sort will be flagged
Explaining in your cover letter can not take away from the Eco’s discretion to judge your application on the balance of you been a genuine tourist or not.
Also self employed having it tougher now as a lot of people create these ‘pseudorich/pseudowealthy’ profile to obtain visas.
Feel free to reapply when the above reasons can be sorted.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 7:12pm On Aug 03, 2022
Zik1:
Hello All,
My uk iom tb test will expire 10th September 2022 but my flight date is 13th September. Will that expect me from travelling?
u can travel
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Rogundipe2000: 7:18pm On Aug 03, 2022
giselle237:

Sorry
all these I sold my land, I sold my car, I sold my farm has casted… just saying…. Anything that resembles money lodgment or the sort will be flagged
Explaining in your cover letter can not take away from the Eco’s discretion to judge your application on the balance of you been a genuine tourist or not.
Also self employed having it tougher now as a lot of people create these
‘pseudorich/pseudowealthy’ profile to obtain visas.
Feel free to reapply when the above reasons can be sorted.

Thanks @Giselle, it could only get better
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by cynthiaugbe: 7:25pm On Aug 03, 2022
Please can someone tell me documents I can submit to show that my company is actively trading at the level of income stated. I was refused on the basis of this. Please advise. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by frostmate2: 7:58pm On Aug 03, 2022
giselle237:
they mention 28 days
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Opeyemi007: 8:46pm On Aug 03, 2022
Invoices/receipts, Balance sheet, Tax Certificate, and more perhaps.
cynthiaugbe:
Please can someone tell me documents I can submit to show that my company is actively trading at the level of income stated. I was refused on the basis of this. Please advise. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by oomiyale(f): 9:04pm On Aug 03, 2022
Good evening , please can anyone put me through on how to send a paid mail and how much it cost .thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AjayiOreofe: 9:24pm On Aug 03, 2022
pls under what category did you list your cover letter?
Knowledgeispowe:

Yes Did for mine under Vac
And download document merge to merged all several pages together in a single PDF i.e statement of accounts shld be in one single PDF etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dirolad(m): 2:01am On Aug 04, 2022
Rogundipe2000:
You sold a land and it's reflecting on your statement. You could have declared it under Other income "investment". He or she didn't take his/her time to subtract on your behalf in the absence of it on your application form. Your Bank statement was just viewed as Self-Employment proceed overall. Assuming you differentiate on your application Self-employment from Other income, no choice than to add and minus. even if your bank statement credit is above your self-employment as stated it won't affect as it's already combination of Self-Employment and "Investment". Hope you get the difference? The ECO could have subtracted the investment proceed from the statement of account and you won't have been rejected on that ground.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Knowledgeispowe: 5:22am On Aug 04, 2022
AjayiOreofe:
pls under what category did you list your cover letter?

My advise merged cover letter and statement of account together let the cover letter be on top and statement of account follow. So there is no how d Eco wil miss it. Under finances.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Knowledgeispowe: 5:27am On Aug 04, 2022
oomiyale:
Good evening , please can anyone put me through on how to send a paid mail and how much it cost .thank you.

https://ukvi.mysecurepay.co.uk/Details/ConfirmDetails

But recently naira card is nt goin tru hence u've to get a dollar card or create a virtual card online jst 2.74pounds n u shld get a response within 48hrs
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by oomiyale(f): 5:56am On Aug 04, 2022
Knowledgeispowe:

https://ukvi.mysecurepay.co.uk/Details/ConfirmDetails

But recently naira card is nt goin tru hence u've to get a dollar card or create a virtual card online jst 2.74pounds n u shld get a response within 48hrs
Ok thank you

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by flowbjones(m): 7:54am On Aug 04, 2022
Experts in the house help.

Decision made 10 days after biometrics (Got info From Paid Call) but no correspondence from ukvi and tls till today.

Can I go to tls with the collection slip and a means of id to check if our passports are there? I'm tired cos I know a friend who enrolled on the 19th of July,2022 and has gotten his passport.

Note ours (Biometrics) was done - 7th July 2022.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by askari01: 8:29am On Aug 04, 2022
Rogundipe2000:

So sorry R Ogundipe. U should know better that any form of payment made into ur account would raise eye brow...May i ask you how much you had before you sold your land and how much was your account balance when you applied? Lets start from there pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Confidantfunds(f): 8:32am On Aug 04, 2022
splashclothin:
Please any one with 17th June 2022 Biometrics.

1st June n still waiting.. Decision made since June 15
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by gabby227(m): 8:34am On Aug 04, 2022
Please house I will like to know if they accept statement of account that is basically from crypto trading when applying for visa. I deferred my admission to January Semester. I want to know if they will accept my statement of account if I explain that I am into crypto trading with over 70 million Naira trading volume. I will appreciate a response thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by askari01: 8:36am On Aug 04, 2022
splashclothin:
Please any one with 17th June 2022 Biometrics.

Tomorrow makes it your 7th week... if no message comes from them this week to next weekend... send paid mail to know if decision has been made... if YES.. then start packing yah load. (My permutation dont quote me) .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by flowbjones(m): 8:44am On Aug 04, 2022
Blumokinney:

No email

Morning Bro. What is the latest in respect of your Visa Application. Please note we are in the same shoes.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by splashclothin(m): 9:30am On Aug 04, 2022
Confidantfunds:

1st June n still waiting.. Decision made since June 15

I sent a paid mail yesterday got a respond today which stated no decision made yet.

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (616) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: agabusta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.