Stats: 3,158,231 members, 7,836,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (295) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (851783 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (626) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Horlaidey007: 9:01am On Nov 08, 2022
Good day everyone. please I need your advice. I have visited the UK before and spent 10 days as i have indicated on my application. However, I will like to visit the UK again with my Husband. but he works in a university and we all know there have not been salary payments for the past 7 months Nevertheless, he is in IT guys and has been getting paid for his personal work.
1. my plan is to request for 2 years while he requests 6 months since he is just applying for the first time. or we both request 6 months?
2. how much is good we both have to better how chances?

Please advise on how best we go with our application.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nexton199: 9:30am On Nov 08, 2022
Mrmoney90:

That’s part of the fifty something thousand you paid, you don’t need to pay additional for certificate issuance. I don’t know if things have changed, but what did you see the 8500 is for ?

It was for certificate issue it was on a different table
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Joy49101: 11:45am On Nov 08, 2022
Pls I have been refused o and I don’t understand

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Joy49101: 11:48am On Nov 08, 2022
Please what is the way forward? Pls help me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by advanceDNA: 12:00pm On Nov 08, 2022
Joy49101:

They are saying spending 70k per month is not a true representation of your situation.... though she has no proof

and that u have not demonstrated ties to home that will make u return.... as if people human beings fall from sky and dont have families... as if only people with spouses and kids can visit uk and return.... the price we pay for being nigerian....

No overthink am...many of these ECO just get witchcraft....sometimes they only look for reasons not to give you...once an ECO assesses you case with only a rejection motive, any flimsy reason will be enough to say no.....

If u were not banned apply again with ur same salary.....ur job is enough reason that u will return home if u can get a recommendation from your office HR that u are going on vacation.....they just like vawulence.....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mommatriplets: 12:45pm On Nov 08, 2022
Joy49101:

i didnt follow your story, but you may wish to shed more light on the below issues.

did you intend to book a hotel or stay with your friend?
your budget of 1200gbp/550k naira........is not enough, if you factor in flight = accomodation and food = tourist things for 10 days.

if you claimed you wud stay with your friend unto free accomodation (( not really advisable for a decently employed person)...did your freind send his rent slips and invitation letter?.

what was your closing bank balance in the bank statement you submitted?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Joy49101: 12:55pm On Nov 08, 2022
A family friend sent an invitation letter that she will accommodate me. My closing balance was 1.8m
mommatriplets:

i didnt follow your story, but you may wish to shed more light on the below issues.

did you intend to book a hotel or stay with your friend?
your budget of 1200gbp/550k naira........is not enough, if you factor in flight = accomodation and food = tourist things for 10 days.

if you claimed you wud stay with your friend unto free accomodation (( not really advisable for a decently employed person)...did your freind send his rent slips and invitation letter?.

what was your closing bank balance in the bank statement you submitted?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mattle: 1:29pm On Nov 08, 2022
Jocabasa:

Thanks mantle...
I dnt understand wat u mean by BDHC in VI...
Ar u saying dey ar now stamping d ukvi vignette in VICTORIA ISLAND LAGOS or where...
Abeg clear me well make I go sleep for dia office door tonight.. my blood dey hot like dis nw my wife is nt feeling well..
Abeg clear me..

Passports don't leave Nigeria after your Biometrics, it's either at British deputy high commission in VI( if your Biometrics was done in Lagos) or British high commission (if your Biometrics was done in Abuja). These local DMCs are the ones that stamp the vignette on your passport after getting the decision from oversea DMC in your case which is sheffield. so the delay is at the BDHC.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dirolad(m): 1:40pm On Nov 08, 2022
Joy49101:
if you have closing balance of 1.8m, why did you declared no savings? The 1.8m is not yours or accessible? If you will be provided with accomodations, then accomodations and feeding should be out of your budget. If your income for a month is £390 after monthly expenses, then Travel expense of £1200 is much for you against your income, you can cut it down since you are receiving support. The refusal is based on the £1200 (Personal cost). If ties is the major issue, it will be specific such as assets, Property, dependent or wide family range.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Joy49101: 1:55pm On Nov 08, 2022
It was an agent that did it for me I don’t even understand again
dirolad:
if you have closing balance of 1.8m, why did you declared no savings? The 1.8m is not yours or accessible? If you will be provided with accomodations, then accomodations and feeding should be out of your budget. If your income for a month is £390 after monthly expenses, then Travel expense of £1200 is much for you against your income, you can cut it down since you are receiving support. The refusal is based on the £1200 (Personal cost). If ties is the major issue, it will be specific such as assets, Property, dependent or wide family range.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Joy49101: 2:01pm On Nov 08, 2022
Please what do I do now any remedy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 2:13pm On Nov 08, 2022
Mattle:

Passports don't leave Nigeria after your Biometrics, it's either at British deputy high commission in VI( if your Biometrics was done in Lagos) or British high commission (if your Biometrics was done in Abuja). These local DMCs are the ones that stamp the vignette on your passport after getting the decision from oversea DMC in your case which is sheffield. so the delay is at the BDHC.

Really....
I dnt think most pipu knws abt dis nawa oo...
So wy is our passports taking 10-15 working days jst for stamp...
I dnt knw wat elz to do abt dis mattle..
I have booked my flight ticket for nxt week because of d rate of dollars goin higher,
Pls members I need ur help n advise on dis
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dirolad(m): 2:18pm On Nov 08, 2022
Jocabasa:

Really....
I dnt think most pipu knws abt dis nawa oo...
So wy is our passports taking 10-15 working days jst for stamp...
I dnt knw wat elz to do abt dis mattle..
I have booked my flight ticket for nxt week because of d rate of dollars goin higher,
Pls members I need ur help n advise on dis
you are advised not to book anything until you have received your passport. Your main aim is to get through to the DMC. Message the Sheffield student Visa Team and try paid mail. Your query has been sent to the DMC so they will surely get back to you. If you want specific timeframe, then send paid mail, it's 15working days after escalation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dirolad(m): 2:20pm On Nov 08, 2022
Joy49101:
Please what do I do now any remedy
work on your Trip Cost and declare what ever you have at hand.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 3:00pm On Nov 08, 2022
Y'all should wait until you get visas before you book flight. These informations are on the ukvi page.

@joy49101, You can re apply , just work on your document and information.

Is this your first time applying?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Joy49101: 3:11pm On Nov 08, 2022
hunee:
Y'all should wait until you get visas before you book flight. These informations are on the ukvi page.

@joy49101, You can re apply , just work on your document and information.

Is this your first time applying?
yes my first time. Thanks alot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 3:33pm On Nov 08, 2022
Joy49101:
Your profile is worrying to them
The ECO explained everything in plain terms
You earn 265k, spend 70k monthly
Leaves u with 195k monthly
1. U with the above have proposed to spend a whooping 1200 pounds on a trip
2. Even with what you filled on your form your documentation provided does not show proof of your ability
3. Why you are willing to spend such a high amount of money with a poor financial situation to visit a friend- ECO is not overall convinced with your totality that you will return nor that your intentions are genuine nor that you have ties to bring you back.
He/she alluded to this like 3 times.
My opinion- when your finances improve will be a better time to reapply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 3:53pm On Nov 08, 2022
Joy49101:

You welcome.

Going by what is detailed in the letter, i think you had issues with your finance and the whole thing just got misplaced somehow and got eco confused.

I have said several times here, that, these people are just ordinary people like us and in as much as we try to finetune our applications, we should also be weary of figures and details, as they are arranged and placed.

This is what most eco's base their judgement on.

Having said that, you can retrace your steps and do the needful, hopefully, you get granted clearance on your next application.

If you need more information, be sure to get assisted here.
Goodluck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Segun889: 4:08pm On Nov 08, 2022
Joy49101:

your application is pretty straight forward if you re-apply. reduce the £1200 and in the additional information section you can give a breakdown.
E.g £500- flight.
£200-300- for miscellaneous ( remember it's a 10d visit)
NB: accommodation is already covered by your childhood friend including feeding. He/She can also provide you with her rental agreement/council tax.

my 1p contribution

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mommatriplets: 4:08pm On Nov 08, 2022
Joy49101:
A family friend sent an invitation letter that she will accommodate me. My closing balance was 1.8m

ok, there are so many factors which we dont know.
the 1.8m that is your closing balance, is your acct clean?...ie regular inflow and outflow??

2ndly, your friend that sent you invititation letter, did they include their rent receipts?, is the accomodation suitable enough to accomodate you?. whats the status of the friend inviting you??---the visa officer disregarded everything and homed in on your finances, perhaps sopmething isnt adding up. na only u and the agent know that one..

Lastly, this nigerian behaviour of mental indolence/not willing to understand how anything works, but relaxes and leaves serious matters in the hands of outsider who has no stake, agent gets paid whether or not you succeed...is not a good behaviour, i call it mental laziness.
for a serious and willing person, just reading 5 to 15 pages of this thread is enough to give you the information needed to apply for your own visa youself! , but no, people will run to agent..and when it doesnt work will turn around to say--they dont know what the agent did.

#rantover

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Joy49101: 5:04pm On Nov 08, 2022
mommatriplets:

the 1.8m that is your closing balance, is your acct clean?...ie regular inflow and outflow??

2ndly, your friend that sent you invititation letter, did they include their rent receipts?, is the accomodation suitable enough to accomodate you?. whats the status of the friend inviting you??---the visa officer disregarded everything and homed in on your finances, perhaps sopmething isnt adding up. na only u and the agent know that one..

Lastly, this nigerian behaviour of mental indolence/not willing to understand how anything works, but relaxes and leaves serious matters in the hands of outsider who has no stake, agent gets paid whether or not you succeed...is not a good behaviour, i call it mental laziness.
for a serious and willing person, just reading 5 to 15 pages of this thread is enough to give you the information needed to apply for your own visa youself! , but no, people will run to agent..and when it doesnt work will turn around to say--they dont know what the agent did.

#rantover
she sent all the documents and they have a house over there and a good bank account statement…I’m the one running the account myself and no irregularities there
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Joy49101: 5:05pm On Nov 08, 2022
Segun889:

your application is pretty straight forward if you re-apply. reduce the £1200 and in the additional information section you can give a breakdown.
E.g £500- flight.
£200-300- for miscellaneous ( remember it's a 10d visit)
NB: accommodation is already covered by your childhood friend including feeding. He/She can also provide you with her rental agreement/council tax.
Okay I will do that. Thanks

my 1p contribution
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 5:22pm On Nov 08, 2022
It is ok to use an agent for visa applications.
It is not all visa applications you can do on your own, I am sure you know that.
The issue is, most agent do not take their time to do good research and fact checking on client documents.
That is the challenge i notice most agent have, could be, as a result of overwhelming applications they received.

However, I support the idea of she applying on her own if she is well informed about visa applications, this process requires a lot of guidance, it is not something you can just hop on UKVI website and start on your own( Gurus will understand).

We have also seen cases where some persons applied themselves severally, and didn't get visas, until they used an agent and got it.

It is quite complicated, especially when we all know agent are not the ones to stamp vignette.

The decision maker is at the consulate.

So let us not trade blames, but help her out to find a solution.

We are all problem solvers here, let guide her through her re application process.

Thank you.

mommatriplets:

#rantover
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Scandinavian: 6:50pm On Nov 08, 2022
Hello good evening good people.

Please how can I do a walk-in for my tuberculosis test appointment and biometric? I booked for tbt today but the available date was 23rd which is actually after the date I want to travel.

I want to do a walk-in maybe on Thursday and then also do a walk-in for the biometrics on Friday. I am paying for Priority.

Please help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Dhebbieefosa: 7:59pm On Nov 08, 2022
Visa alert!

Visit visa for my mum, 6months and first time- Priority visa
Biometric-2nd Nov
Collection mail-7th Nov
Used dhl services and received it today.
Thanks to all the gurus and goodluck to everyone awaiting theirs

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AskGod07: 10:57pm On Nov 08, 2022
Dirold sorry the closing balance is not Other Savings oooo, other saving mean if you have any money you got from inheritance or property maybe you sold a property and the money was kept as a saving. The closing balance on bank account only demonstrate your employment circumstances .

More enlightening on OTHER SAVING ?

dirolad:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 11:13pm On Nov 08, 2022
Horlaidey007:
Good day everyone. please I need your advice. I have visited the UK before and spent 10 days as i have indicated on my application. However, I will like to visit the UK again with my Husband. but he works in a university and we all know there have not been salary payments for the past 7 months Nevertheless, he is in IT guys and has been getting paid for his personal work.
1. my plan is to request for 2 years while he requests 6 months since he is just applying for the first time. or we both request 6 months?
2. how much is good we both have to better how chances?

Please advise on how best we go with our application.

He needs to build up his bank account. He can get a different bank from the one federal government pays into cos of ASUU wahala and prep it up.

He will also need to create a whole job package that can conveniently sit with his bank
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 11:22pm On Nov 08, 2022
Joy49101:
Please what is the way forward? Pls help me

Did you spend 70,000 naira every month in the bank statement? And receive only that said amount monthly in the bank?

There is no way dey will write that 3rd paragraph if you submitted accurate bank statement that reflects that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 11:25pm On Nov 08, 2022
Joy49101:

Anything invitation letter is a Giant red flag. You must be seen to be able to take care of yourself.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 11:28pm On Nov 08, 2022
Joy49101:
It was an agent that did it for me I don’t even understand again

Worse still. Pls don't hand your life to street urchins next time. I just pray the agent hasn't put an something that can incriminate you moving forward.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 11:36pm On Nov 08, 2022
hunee:
It is ok to use an agent for visa applications.
It is not all visa applications you can do on your own, I am sure you know that.
The issue is, most agent do not take their time to do good research and fact checking on client documents.
That is the challenge i notice most agent have, could be, as a result of overwhelming applications they received.

However, I support the idea of she applying on her own if she is well informed about visa applications, this process requires a lot of guidance, it is not something you can just hop on UKVI website and start on your own( Gurus will understand).

We have also seen cases where some persons applied themselves severally, and didn't get visas, until they used an agent and got it.

It is quite complicated, especially when we all know agent are not the ones to stamp vignette.

The decision maker is at the consulate.

So let us not trade blames, but help her out to find a solution.

We are all problem solvers here, let guide her through her re application process.

Thank you.

She can apply for the visa herself as hundreds of others on this page have done and gotten before her.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 12:23am On Nov 09, 2022
I am not against it. I wrote in plain terms and gave reasons for her possible use of agent as a first timer. She is here now, hopefully she can learn a thing or two . Goodluck to her.
Thegamingorca:

She can apply for the visa herself as hundreds of others on this page have done and gotten before her.

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (626) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

Viewing this topic: donteebalo(m), SoarNaija and 3 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72