Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (297) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (836029 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) ... (619) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by xterra2(m): 9:47pm On Nov 09, 2022
whiteMandingo:

Omo, everything require assitance for this country..... so after registering and filling my profile on the cbn trade website, i just sit and wait, how/when will i know if my application is succesful.

the ASSIST u mentioned, is it at cbn or local bank level?

You'd get an email if it is approved or if you need to upload additional document e.g Authority of debit
It would be approved by the local bank

the Assist is at the local level, when you talk to someone in CBN they in turn turn to someone at the local bank level

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by nwaogukings03: 10:27pm On Nov 09, 2022
Can one apply for standard visitor visa >3months to travel date?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Edithbako: 12:30am On Nov 10, 2022
[Ok I did submit that in my new application however I noticed the account stated by the eco in the first application was wrong and not mine don't know if that contributed to him not seeing the salary deposit n I still work in the same place.pls any suggestions on how to address this in a better way in my cover letter?quote author=infosoftlife post=118257293]

I don't know how you addressed the first refusal letter.
You need a cover letter that explains the concern of the ECO in the part of your income not reflecting on your account statement and using a different employment letter.
Are you still working at the same hospital you claimed in the first application?
Did you submit your salary account statement in this 2nd application??[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Edithbako: 12:35am On Nov 10, 2022
I actually submitted it . however I noticed that the account number stated wasnt correct as the last number was wrong.dont know if that contributed to it not being seen by them...though i fidnt bring up that point in the cover letter...pls any suggestions on how to address the concerns raised?
infosoftlife:

I don't know how you addressed the first refusal letter.
You need a cover letter that explains the concern of the ECO in the part of your income not reflecting on your account statement and using a different employment letter.
Are you still working at the same hospital you claimed in the first application?
Did you submit your salary account statement in this 2nd application??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrak2Agho: 8:22am On Nov 10, 2022
Hi how soon can someone apply for a visiting visa after been denied in September see reason for deny
 You state that you intend to come to the UK for a period of 3 days to attend The African British Investment Summit London 2022. I note you have provided event ticket that you will be attending.
 You also state that you intend to spend £400.00 on your visit to the UK and you state that you sponsor (Uncle) is will to contribute £1,200.00 to your visit. I must consider the information regarding your sponsor’s support of your visit separately in my assessment of your application. To consider whether or not I am satisfied that your intentions are as stated and that you meet the requirements of the Immigration Rules I must assess your own personal and financial circumstances.
 You state that you are self-employed earning 2,000,000.00 NGN (£4,020.02 at an exchange rate as per Oanda.com on 14/09/2022) per) per year. You have savings £1,500.00. However, the documents you have provided do not demonstrate that you are registered as self-employed or that you have registered your business for tax purposes or your business is generating any revenue; that you are in receipt of the declared level of annual income, or how you have determined your income to be as stated. The absence of this information means I cannot be sure that your bank statement shows an accurate picture of your finances including your expenditure. The credits and balances in your account are not consistent with your declared income. However, there are multiple additional deposits seen throughout your account and the origin of these deposits are unknown to me. I am not satisfied that this statement is a true reflection of you financial circumstances. This leads me to doubt your credibility and your intentions on visiting the UK. Therefore, on the balance of probabilities, I am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor for a limited period not exceeding 6 months or that you intend to leave the United Kingdom at the end of the visit.
 Given the above, I am not satisfied that you have given an accurate account of your current personal and economic circumstances which undermines the credibility of your application to an extent I am not satisfied you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor or intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit. Your application is therefore refused
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mitchelle1989(f): 9:50am On Nov 10, 2022
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sWrights2012: 9:52am On Nov 10, 2022
sWrights2012:
Hello Gurus

Please help me out.. I have gotten a refusal letter for over 2 weeks now but yet to receive my passport.

Reason for refusal:
1. sponsor telephone wasn't reachable.
2. Discrepancies in the amount sponsor stated in their letter.

Biometrics done since 2nd of September.
Decision made since 21st of October (refusal letter sent already).

I am really wondering why its taking this long.
UKVI has really dealt with me psychologically because I really need my passport urgently.

I have made several paid calls, paid email ( they claimed to escalate and ask me to wait for 15 working days). I have also made complaint to UK GOV (to. wait 20 working days)

I have contacted TLS and visited physically but all efforts proved abortive.
I later got to know that all passports are with the embassy. I visited the embassy but was not even allowed to enter.

I don't know what to do again. I need my passport and this issue is having significant effect on my mental health.

How can I loose two fully funded opportunities because of UKVI delay. I thy know I would have opted for "Keep my Passport" before biometrics.

Please what can I do?
Can anyone link me to BHC lagos?
Has anyone been in my shoe?
Please help and save a soul

Can someone please advice what to do please.
Does it really take this long to get passport back after refusal letter?
I confirmed the passport is at BDHC but I couldn't gain entry.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Scandinavian: 10:30am On Nov 10, 2022
So I was able to get my IOM appointment rescheduled.

You can send an email to iomlagosmedicalbooking@iom.int stating your request and also attaching evidence of urgency, they will reply you with a closer available date.

Scandinavian:
Hello good evening good people.

Please how can I do a walk-in for my tuberculosis test appointment and biometric? I booked for tbt today but the available date was 23rd which is actually after the date I want to travel.

I want to do a walk-in maybe on Thursday and then also do a walk-in for the biometrics on Friday. I am paying for Priority.

Please help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Adebayo347: 10:36am On Nov 10, 2022
Dhebbieefosa:
Visa alert!

Visit visa for my mum, 6months and first time- Priority visa
Biometric-2nd Nov
Collection mail-7th Nov
Used dhl services and received it today.
Thanks to all the gurus and goodluck to everyone awaiting theirs

Is priority and super priority visa back for visit visa ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Scandinavian: 10:42am On Nov 10, 2022
So I was able to get my IOM appointment rescheduled.

You can send an email to iomlagosmedicalbooking@iom.int stating your request and also attaching evidence of urgency, they will reply you with a closer available date.

Scandinavian:
Hello good evening good people.

Please how can I do a walk-in for my tuberculosis test appointment and biometric? I booked for tbt today but the available date was 23rd which is actually after the date I want to travel.

I want to do a walk-in maybe on Thursday and then also do a walk-in for the biometrics on Friday. I am paying for Priority.

Please help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by FirsteBank(m): 12:42pm On Nov 10, 2022
I have been a silent follower, came here with zero idea on uk visa. I think the least I'm supposed to do is share my timeline.
Many thanks to @giselle and other commentators

visa alert
Family of 3

VI TLS

Biometrics ;28/09/22
Collection mail;9/11/22
Passport collected;10/11/22

NB
~ Self - Employed
~ No paid mail sent
~ No travel history for the three of us
~ First timer and first trial

Grateful to God.

11 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jamean(f): 12:55pm On Nov 10, 2022
Please patronise us o!
You're sure of excellent service delivery.

Thank you smiley

ExcelIBK:
I offer UK VISA service application assistance from Start to finish

Please feel free to reach out to me on WhatsApp via +2347045891686
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by pufframmy: 1:17pm On Nov 10, 2022
pls do you have the format for authority to debit account format?

xterra2:

You'd get an email if it is approved or if you need to upload additional document e.g Authority of debit
It would be approved by the local bank

the Assist is at the local level, when you talk to someone in CBN they in turn turn to someone at the local bank level
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by pufframmy: 1:20pm On Nov 10, 2022
Cngratulations Sir

Please can you kindly share documents submitted

FirsteBank:
I have been a silent follower, came here with zero idea on uk visa. I think the least I'm supposed to do is share my timeline.
Many thanks to @giselle and other commentators

visa alert
Family of 3

VI TLS

Biometrics ;28/09/22
Collection mail;9/11/22
Passport collected;10/11/22

NB
~ Self - Employed
~ No paid mail sent
~ No travel history for the three of us
~ First timer and first trial

Grateful to God.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by FirsteBank(m): 3:02pm On Nov 10, 2022
pufframmy:
Cngratulations Sir

Please can you kindly share documents submitted

- Cover letter
- CAC documents and status report
- Recent annual returns
- Lirs Tax card
- family pictures
- Bank statements for business and personal accounts.
- receipts , invoices and LPO
- Other income documents
- gtb and fidelity reference letters
- Family pictures
- Marriage Certificate
- Property documents (deeds and survey)
- Birth certificate (of the baby)
- Hotel Booking
- proof of residence

And Most importantly Prayers.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 3:06pm On Nov 10, 2022
FirsteBank:

Congratulations again.

- Cover letter
- Recent annual returns
- Lirs Tax card
- family pictures
- Other income documents
- Family pictures
- Hotel Booking
- proof of residence

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Horlaidey007: 3:32pm On Nov 10, 2022
pls what did you need to submit for proof of residence? NEPA BILL? What else?

estimate on what was the closing balance that you submitted

FirsteBank:

- Cover letter
- Recent annual returns
- Lirs Tax card
- family pictures
- Other income documents
- Family pictures
- Hotel Booking
- proof of residence

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by pufframmy: 3:41pm On Nov 10, 2022
wow that cool
congrats ones again and thanks for sharing

FirsteBank:

- Cover letter
- Recent annual returns
- Lirs Tax card
- family pictures
- Other income documents
- Family pictures
- Hotel Booking
- proof of residence

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by FirsteBank(m): 3:42pm On Nov 10, 2022
Horlaidey007:

pls what did you need to submit for proof of residence? NEPA BILL? What else?

estimate on what was the closing balance that you submitted

Proof - rent receipt
Estimate - Substantial

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by advanceDNA: 4:10pm On Nov 10, 2022
FirsteBank:

Proof - rent receipt
Estimate - Substantial

Its not fair how these people treat us....one has to expose his entire life just because of small holiday

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Dhebbieefosa: 4:41pm On Nov 10, 2022
Adebayo347:

Is priority and super priority visa back for visit visa ?
yes
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by cole82(m): 4:57pm On Nov 10, 2022
At last God did it, I got my visa[quote author=Ray7878 post=111428969]

Boss honestly I doubt there is a way around this. Your biometrics is linked to another name! Not sure if there is a way back from that. It’s great that you are being truthful and maybe that is the only way forward, by applying and telling them exactly what had happened in the past, the ECO might like your honesty.

Maybe there are some posters who might have experience of someone who had been in your shoes, I would like to know how they went about it too.

Maybe another country would be an option for your course/studies? Hope you haven’t paid for the course yet.

Anyways good luck. And I hope this is a lesson for younger people who are seeking a quick get out and listening to wrong advice, we all make mistakes when we are younger. [/q
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 5:28pm On Nov 10, 2022
If possible, submit receipt for anything you purchase. Sometimes, i read things like "it is not necessary to submit this and that". People that even with complete documents and genuine reasons, they will still come up with one thing or the other.
Ecos want evidence. Do what you have to prove to them that you are a genuine visitor. Do not leave any document behind.

Above all, Just like he said, Prayer is the master key. Dedicate everything God.
advanceDNA:

Its not fair how these people treat us....one has to expose his entire life just because of small holiday
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by advanceDNA: 5:31pm On Nov 10, 2022
hunee:
If possible, submit receipt for anything you purchase. Sometimes, i read things like[b] "it is not necessary to submit this and that"[/b]. People that even with complete documents and genuine reasons, they will still come up with one thing or the other.
Ecos want evidence. Do what you have to prove to them that you are a genuine visitor. Do not leave any document behind.

It shouldn't be that bad....people even have to submit private whats app chat btw couples...its irritating

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Drhas1234: 5:33pm On Nov 10, 2022
Good afternoon, pls who is the admin here that I can talk to privately, I need some help on getting a dependant visa done asap. Thanks in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 5:36pm On Nov 10, 2022
I am telling you. That alone suprise me at some point, whatsapp chat dating back to 3/4 years sometimes.
Amazing things happen during visa applications.
Lord help us all (Amen)
advanceDNA:

It shouldn't be that bad....people even have to submit private whats app chat btw couples...its irritating

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 5:39pm On Nov 10, 2022
That status report, reference letters and updating documents too matters for business persons.

All Applicants using cac, make sure you update all your documents. Do not be a hurry to apply, Put your house in order first.

Goodluck and Wishing all awaiting success.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by infosoftlife: 5:52pm On Nov 10, 2022
FirsteBank:

- Cover letter
- Recent annual returns
- Lirs Tax card
- family pictures
- Other income documents
- Family pictures
- Marriage Certificate
- Hotel Booking
- proof of residence

Congratulations.
Have sufficient money in your account and properties. Many countries will give you a visa.
Build your financial account and ties to your home country.... Get it right the first time should be the goal!
Traveling for tourism is something that should be planned at least 6 months before departure except in the case of an emergency.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Chimama1: 6:13pm On Nov 10, 2022
Good evening beautiful, i did my bio for standard visitors visa on 22 sep and no word f4om them yet. I took 2 ladies number that we did on the same day. One did her bio before me and she was called today to go pickup her passport and no refusal mail for. The second person i did before her even had 4persons ahead before she did, i just called her now and she told me she got a refusal mail last week and was sent a collection mail today. I have still not heard from them, or is it because i did dhl delivery because both of them did pickup passport? Thank you for your opinions ahead
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sWrights2012: 6:49pm On Nov 10, 2022
Chimama1:
Good evening beautiful, i did my bio for standard visitors visa on 22 sep and no word f4om them yet. I took 2 ladies number that we did on the same day. One did her bio before me and she was called today to go pickup her passport and no refusal mail for. The second person i did before her even had 4persons ahead before she did, i just called her now and she told me she got a refusal mail last week and was sent a collection mail today. I have still not heard from them, or is it because i did dhl delivery because both of them did pickup passport? Thank you for your opinions ahead

Just be hopeful and pray you get you visa soon especially if you have called UKVI to confirm a decision has been made on your application.

In my own case, I did my Bio since September 2, (TLS V.I). I confirmed decision via paid call on 21st October and I got a refusal mail about 2 weeks ago (28th October). Up till now, I haven't gotten a collection mail. Sadly, I need my passport for an emergency travel.

Please how long exactly did the lady who got refusal mail wait before she was emailed to pick up her passport.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Chimama1: 7:04pm On Nov 10, 2022
I didnt call or send a paid mail either,i called her today and she told me they sent refusal email last week. I didnt ask her for the specific date they sent it to her and she was sent a collection mail today to go pickup her passport. Was yours dhl or pickup your self at the center? quote author=sWrights2012 post=118284706]

Just be hopeful and pray you get you visa soon especially if you have called UKVI to confirm a decision has been made on your application.

In my own case, I did my Bio since September 2, (TLS V.I). I confirmed decision via paid call on 21st October and I got a refusal mail about 2 weeks ago (28th October). Up till now, I haven't gotten a collection mail. Sadly, I need my passport for an emergency travel.

Please how long exactly did the lady who got refusal mail wait before she was emailed to pick up her passport. [/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sWrights2012: 7:08pm On Nov 10, 2022
[quote author=Chimama1 post=118285100]I didnt call or send a paid mail either,i called her today and she told me they sent refusal email last week. I didnt ask her for the specific date they sent it to her and she was sent a collection mail today to go pickup her passport. Was yours dhl or pickup your self at the center? quote author=sWrights2012 post=118284706]

Okay, try to make a paid call ASAP to UKVI in order to confirm if a decision has been made on your application.
I didn't use DHL

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) ... (619) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.