Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,763 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:10 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (344) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (825035 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) ... (612) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 12:59pm On Jan 03, 2023
Jay5mie:
Good Morning

Happy new year guys.

Please, I don't have NIN yet and during my visa application I was asked for it, should i leave it blank or should i use my passport number?

Will it affect my application in any way?

NIN number and passport number are two different things. Leave the space for NIN number blank if you don’t have it.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by harddrive2012: 2:21pm On Jan 03, 2023
Which centre?
When did you book and which date did you get please ?

Mallamkettle:
Please can dependants do walk in with main applicant because our dates are different for skill worker visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mallamkettle: 2:56pm On Jan 03, 2023
Please how much is skill worker priority visa ...please it's urgent
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mallamkettle: 2:57pm On Jan 03, 2023
harddrive2012:
Which centre?
When did you book and which date did you get please ?

Ikeja, we haven't booked yet, having delay in payment
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oluwaloniglory7: 4:05pm On Jan 03, 2023
How much can I estimate for feeding and transportation per day in london?

Also can I book apartment reservation for accommodation?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 6:58pm On Jan 03, 2023
Oluwaloniglory7:

How much can I estimate for feeding and transportation per day in london?

Also can I book apartment reservation for accommodation?

Depending on you, at least £20 a day may be reasonable or sufficient, especially if you don't mind eating food off the street.

You are free to book any type of lodging, but you will need to provide proof.

Hotel reservations are also possible on booking.com, select the option that allows free cancellation.

Additionally, you can buy hotel and flight reservations from www.naijagoingabroad.com. You should budget about 5k nairas for both.

Note: I am not Naijagoingabroad Travel Agency's owner, agent, or representative so make sure you do your own research before you use them. I discovered them on Nairaland and have since used them multiple times to buy hotel and flight reservations.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by lilyflow: 8:04pm On Jan 03, 2023
Mallamkettle:
Please can dependants do walk in with main applicant because our dates are different for skill worker visa
No they cannot. To do that, you have to pay for Flexi.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mallamkettle: 8:36pm On Jan 03, 2023
lilyflow:

No they cannot. To do that, you have to pay for Flexi.

How much is flexi
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Longjonjoe: 12:00am On Jan 04, 2023
ORTS:

Thank you for your response, please find attached copy of refusal letter for your perusal and advise.

The guys are mean though, do they not know that these their advanced requirements and final structure will be difficult down here in Nigeria as a youth looking at how sh*ty our economy is. Sorry my brother. Its not the end
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by angieoluwa: 12:23am On Jan 04, 2023
Grace1212:
I think it depends on the path but it is not that easy

Thanks for the response.

Will you be willing to guide?

Thanks!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by fakmurphy(m): 2:38am On Jan 04, 2023
Many thanks I think this option will surely works well. How much do you think we need to have in a UK account to fully sponsor her from here. My wife has a full time job and I am a business and freelance person.

Mrmoney90:

Well if you are doing well in the UK, you can invite her over. You just have to show proof of how you earn legally, and if your funds are enough to cover for you and your family, as well as a third party. You can do this by providing bank statement and payslips in her application.

Write her a letter of invite, stating the purpose of her trip, itinerary, length of trip, who will be covering all costs. Since you are the sponsor, you can easily provide these I’m sure.

On her own end, she should also attach her bank statement as well. She doesn’t need to have so much in the account as long as you the sponsor are financially buoyant to cover for her trip. She needs to ensure that whatever information she inputs in her application, the same should reflect on her bank statement. She should provide proof of ties like family photo etc, and also proof of relationship with the sponsor.

If she isn’t working, she should state it. And also, how she survives here in Nigeria should be indicated.

Hope this helps?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oluwaloniglory7: 9:20am On Jan 04, 2023
Thanks, yes I have patronized naijagoingabroad in the past for my South Africa visa and their service is A1.

20£ a day for feeding that sound good, do you have any idea what I can budget for transportation?

I have booked apartment private room, shared bathroom and shared kitchen already on booking.com is that ok?

Lastly is booking reservation tour on aviator is compulsory after I listed all my date to date itinerary?

Ashirioluwa:

Depending on you, at least20 a day may be reasonable or sufficient, especially if you don't mind eating food off the street.

You are free to book any type of lodging, but you will need to provide proof.

Hotel reservations are also possible on booking.com, select the option that allows free cancellation.

Additionally, you can buy hotel and flight reservations from www.naijagoingabroad.com. You should budget about 5k nairas for both.

Note: I am not Naijagoingabroad Travel Agency's owner, agent, or representative so make sure you do your own research before you use them. I discovered them on Nairaland and have since used them multiple times to buy hotel and flight reservations.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 9:43am On Jan 04, 2023
fakmurphy:
Many thanks I think this option will surely works well. How much do you think we need to have in a UK account to fully sponsor her from here. My wife has a full time job and I am a business and freelance person.

It all depends on how much you earn actually. If you earn a decent amount, your expenditure as well as your disposable income would be calculated. So it is your disposable income that will determine if you’re qualified to sponsor her trip. Anything from £3000 or £5000 and above disposable income should do just fine.

If it’s combined sponsorship between you and your wife, then you can show both your bank statements and indicating how much you both will be paying towards her trip individually. You can say your wife will be paying for her flights, whilst you pay towards her upkeep and Vice Versa. That shouldn’t be too hard for the both of you to show. Example you can say either you or your wife would be paying £1000 towards her flights and maybe £800 towards her upkeep. Just do your calculations and she is good to go.

Make sure you don’t put her stay to be in months. Example, don’t say 1,2 or 3 months. Definitely she will be given 6 months, so she can stay longer.

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 9:49am On Jan 04, 2023
advanceDNA:

Why are u tryimg to be too nice....the10years ban go complete.... he wil just waste money for application

grin grin grin grin Don’t be mean my brother, we are here to help each other.. I guess Ashiri only wanted to give him a soft landing… The 10yrs go complete sha no matter Wetin you submit now
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by advanceDNA: 10:45am On Jan 04, 2023
Mrmoney90:

grin grin grin grin Don’t be mean my brother, we are here to help each other.. I guess Ashiri only wanted to give him a soft landing… The 10yrs go complete sha no matter Wetin you submit now

Im being mean?? He was being overly nice..and even suggesting he ahoukd take a chance..
What type of soft landing is telling someone tgat has 10 years ban to take a chance and waste his visa application money...??

Okay ooo.... make una no vex ooo..since i am mean
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by 27autumn: 11:07am On Jan 04, 2023
Good morning, All

Please who should my company's introduction letter be addressed to and what address?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by 27autumn: 11:10am On Jan 04, 2023
Any help on this?
27autumn:
Please what if i fund my savings account from my salary account.
For context, I have my salary account and 2 savings accounts.
1 has nothing to do with my salary accounts at all, this is the one I plan to use for my trip, my planned expenditure for the trip is less than half of what's there, I have enough document to explain this account.
The second one is funded via my salary account, the trail is obvious in my statement of account and I'm thinking of mentioning it, since sometimes I move money back and forth the account. I'm not using this for my trip at all.

1. Do I need to declare the second savings account under savings as well?
2. If yes, do I need to submit account statement for this as well? Or I can just declare as savings but not add account statement.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oluwaloniglory7: 11:38am On Jan 04, 2023
Any idea of London transportation cost per day for a tourist?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 11:55am On Jan 04, 2023
27autumn:
Any help on this?

You can use any bank account to support your application, but if you work for a company, using your salary account will increase your credibility as that is where your income comes from.

You can use your salary account alone or use your salary account plus any other savings accounts. Attach bank statements for each account you intend to use.

Make sure you explain all large deposits in your account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by 27autumn: 1:15pm On Jan 04, 2023
Okay, thank you
Ashirioluwa:

You can use any bank account to support your application, but if you work for a company, using your salary account will increase your credibility as that is where your income comes from.

You can use your salary account alone or use your salary account plus any other savings accounts. Attach bank statements for each account you intend to use.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by 27autumn: 1:16pm On Jan 04, 2023
Do I need to explain large withdrawals as well?
Ashirioluwa:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by samwash(m): 2:33pm On Jan 04, 2023
advanceDNA:

Know the course u want to study...

Understand why u want to study the course and future plans when u are done with the course....

Research schools and why u think the school of ur choice is okay for you and the course...

..the 3 above will help u write statement if purpose

Get ur document....BSc transcripts ..certificate,
and CV especially if u have graduated more than 5 years

Money....plenty money....as in...plenty money

Money to pay school fees....depending on the school

Money to pay health insurance...depending on the duration of course of number of people following you

Money for tb test 60k

Money for plane... 250k -1.2million depending on when u are flying.....

Money for proof of funds in ur account to prove to embassy u can care for urself.. 9500£ outside london....12500£ inside london

Money for rent

Money..money...money...money...money...

Just budget like 7-8M for a school with cheap tuition deposit like 2000£..

U still need more money after u land ooooo..
but if u enter street with ur spouse wey sabi work... u might just be able to pull it off ....

if u go alone...na 20hrs per week worth of work goverment go give u.....if u dont pack enough money from nigeria...u may not be able to work to pay ur tuition and bills....

Bros thanks for this explanation.
Pls pple explain this to me,
If am to apply for my masters/PGD in the UK
Do I have to still tender my WAEC certificate after presenting my BSC transcript for admission?
Pls you guys can school me on the documents needed thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 2:39pm On Jan 04, 2023
27autumn:
Do I need to explain large withdrawals as well?

It’s not compulsory, but I don’t think doing so will hurt your application either. It will let them understand your situation better.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by advanceDNA: 2:40pm On Jan 04, 2023
samwash:

Bros thanks for this explanation.
Pls pple explain this to me,
If am to apply for my masters/PGD in the UK
Do I have to still tender my WAEC certificate after presenting my BSC transcript for admission?
Pls you guys can school me on the documents needed thanks.

U dont have to if the school u are applying to recognizes your BSc certificate as proof ur understand english......
If the school expect u to use WAEC...u will have to submit ur WAEC with a c4 or C6 in english..

If u want to avoid submitting waec..u can spend 90k on IELTS which all uk univeristy accept as proof of english competence
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by kimoyo: 4:42pm On Jan 04, 2023
@Ajalalomo, if you are in Lagos, visit port health services at the airport. There's also one in Apapa. It depends on which is closest to you. You have to take the vaccine at least 10 days before your planned travel date. Hope it helps. (Official cost is 2k)

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by geolan(m): 5:10pm On Jan 04, 2023
Oluwaloniglory7:

Any idea of London transportation cost per day for a tourist?

Whatever anyone is planning, please get a dom card and fund it a little. Even if it’s 200usd cos it’s worthy to not that they run a strict cashless in the UK. Especially if you want to get on buses and all which are cheaper as compared to taxi that accept cash.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oluwaloniglory7: 8:16pm On Jan 04, 2023
Thanks very much geolan, I already have dom card but I wanted to do my home work on feeding and transportation will cost me per day, so that I can know my proposed budget for my trip cost?

Any idea what I can Est. for feeding and transportation per day for 8 days vacation.

geolan:

Whatever anyone is planning, please get a dom card and fund it a little. Even if it’s 200usd cos it’s worthy to not that they run a strict cashless in the UK. Especially if you want to get on buses and all which are cheaper as compared to taxi that accept cash.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 10:12pm On Jan 04, 2023
advanceDNA:

Im being mean?? He was being overly nice..and even suggesting he ahoukd take a chance..
What type of soft landing is telling someone tgat has 10 years ban to take a chance and waste his visa application money...??

Okay ooo.... make una no vex ooo..since i am mean

Ah ah don’t take it personal Na… you saw the laugh emoji, you’re supposed to know I’m just kidding Na, moreover in the concluding part of my statement I had said, “the ten years go complete sha no matter the documents him submit sha”… was thinking you will get it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by advanceDNA: 10:15pm On Jan 04, 2023
Mrmoney90:

Ah ah don’t take it personal Na… you saw the laugh emoji, you’re supposed to know I’m just kidding Na, moreover in the concluding part of my statement I had said, “the ten years go complete sha no matter the documents him submit sha”… was thinking you will get it

Me seff dey joke niii
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by TJunoma: 11:59pm On Jan 04, 2023
tomiwiyu:
Visa alert :::

Biometric : 06 Dec
BRp mail: 22 Dec
Pickup Personal : 28 Dec
Visa type : Skilled work visa

Document submitted
COS
IELTS
TB
PCC
Data page …

It has being God .
Journey started Just October 2022 and now God Did
Alliamdullilah

I escalated my case on 12th Dec, wrote to UKVI on 14th and I was told a decision has been made but I have to email BRP to request a decision letter.
I wrote to BRP on the 14th December and still haven’t heard anything back.
Is that normal?
I’m loosing my mind �
HELP!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 3:01am On Jan 05, 2023
advanceDNA:

Me seff dey joke niii

Ah ok… one love..

But that guy sef, how him do am sotey he submit fake documents… Na wa…

Bros, just enjoy your ten years sentence.. it is well.. ten years no too far like that.. just try visiting other countries like U.S, Canada etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by tomiwiyu: 6:44am On Jan 05, 2023
TJunoma:

I escalated my case on 12th Dec, wrote to UKVI on 14th and I was told a decision has been made but I have to email BRP to request a decision letter.
I wrote to BRP on the 14th December and still haven’t heard anything back.
Is that normal?
I’m loosing my mind �
HELP!!!

when was your bio?
If you are not far from tls , you can try going for collection . it might possible the available

(1) (2) (3) ... (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) ... (612) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here

Viewing this topic: Pebble25 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.