Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,567 members, 7,812,836 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (341) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (826214 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (612) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by babylawyr(f): 8:59am On Dec 30, 2022
To be safe, I will advise you book different days. Booking the same day would mean that you could miss or be late for one of the appointments....unnecessary stress.

harddrive2012:
Good evening,

I stay very far to lagos. I don’t know if it’s possible to book appointment for TB test and book appointment for biometric a day after TB Test while opting for assisted service for documents upload.

Please kindly advise how feasible this is.

Thank you

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by TJunoma: 9:18am On Dec 30, 2022
Enuguguy:

I showed them my brp and passport but suffice to mention that I applied for my visa from UK because you will only get your brp while in UK

I don’t know if that would work with Naija immigration. Application was made outside UK so I would think visa vignette sticker would be the only way to travel from Naija?
Anyways, fingers crossed I get good news soon because the suspense is killing me….
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by babylawyr(f): 9:52am On Dec 30, 2022
Hi Lilyflow,

I struggled with this as well. When I spoke to my company's travel consultant, they said to upload the invitation letter and letter of introduction from my company. So that's what I plan to do.
What are your thoughts?

lilyflow:

Hello, i also applied for business visa. One of the documents I got on my checklist is for my sponsor (company) to provide evidence that they won't be in breach of government law by sponsoring me. We are not sure what kind of evidence specifically is requested here. Any thoughts?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Wisdom7400(m): 10:03am On Dec 30, 2022
VISA ALERT
Silent reader on this thread
Route: Skilled worker (Tier 2)
cos nov 5th
visa application 1st dec (Standard)
biometrics 7th dec (Ikeja TLS ASSISTED SERVICE)
decision 16th dec
transferred to vac 21st dec
received by vac 21st dec
dispatched with dhl 21st
Documents submitted
Pcc
Tb
Ielts ukvi
Data page
Check list

6 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by noziz(m): 10:10am On Dec 30, 2022
Good morning nairalanders, pls what are the steps needed to study masters program in the U.K.? Pls I need to be enlightened...

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by noziz(m): 11:07am On Dec 30, 2022
tobatele:
Good afternoon House. Please, I need your help on processing of visitor visa. I and my wife are already in Uk via student route, we have processed visa for the 2children and we are expecting the decision from ukvi latest this week Friday. We are now thinking of processing visa for my mother's in-law to bring the children as school and work schedules might not allow us to pick the children from Nigeria. Kindly help me with the following questions:

1. How much must the applicant has in her account?
2. The applicant is self employed, how much must be declared as monthly income?
3. Is it possible for someone who is into business to sponsor the applicant?
4. What documents must the applicant present?
I will also appreciate if you can be of help with other necessary information. My email is atobs01@gmail.com in case there is any need for it.

Thank you

Pls what are d steps needed to apply for masters in the UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by advanceDNA: 11:11am On Dec 30, 2022
noziz:
Good morning nairalanders, pls what are the steps needed to study masters program in the U.K.? Pls I need to be enlightened...

Know the course u want to study...

Understand why u want to study the course and future plans when u are done with the course....

Research schools and why u think the school of ur choice is okay for you and the course...

..the 3 above will help u write statement if purpose

Get ur document....BSc transcripts ..certificate,
and CV especially if u have graduated more than 5 years

Money....plenty money....as in...plenty money

Money to pay school fees....depending on the school

Money to pay health insurance...depending on the duration of course of number of people following you

Money for tb test 60k

Money for plane... 250k -1.2million depending on when u are flying.....

Money for proof of funds in ur account to prove to embassy u can care for urself.. 9500£ outside london....12500£ inside london

Money for rent

Money..money...money...money...money...

Just budget like 7-8M for a school with cheap tuition deposit like 2000£..

U still need more money after u land ooooo..
but if u enter street with ur spouse wey sabi work... u might just be able to pull it off ....

if u go alone...na 20hrs per week worth of work goverment go give u.....if u dont pack enough money from nigeria...u may not be able to work to pay ur tuition and bills....

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by djbaju(m): 11:24am On Dec 30, 2022
E come be like say priority na scam now, 15th Dec till now, Abi holiday don too affect dem, I can’t wait
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by fakmurphy(m): 11:31am On Dec 30, 2022
Thanks so what do we need to do?
Mrmoney90:

Very easy, but the company can’t sponsor her if she isn’t noted as a staff.. it doesn’t matter if the company belongs to your family.

There has to be a connection between her and the company for the company to want to sponsor her
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by infosoftlife: 11:36am On Dec 30, 2022
djbaju:
E come be like say priority na scam now, 15th Dec till now, Abi holiday don too affect dem, I can’t wait

Have you been denied a visa in the past?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by infosoftlife: 11:42am On Dec 30, 2022
advanceDNA:

Understand why u want to study the course and future plans when u are done with the course....

Research schools and why u think the school of ur choice is okay for you and the course...

Money to pay health insurance...depending on the duration of course of number of people following you

Money for tb test 60k

Money for proof of funds in ur account to prove to embassy u can care for urself.. 9500£ outside london....12500£ inside london

Money for rent

but if u enter street with ur spouse wey sabi work... u might just be able to pull it off ....

if u go alone...na 20hrs per week worth of work goverment go give u.....if u dont pack enough money from nigeria...u may not be able to work to pay ur tuition and bills....

In addy, understand why you want to travel to the UK.
Some courses are tasking, and if you want to combine work with your study to pay the tuition, it won't be that easy for you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by infosoftlife: 11:44am On Dec 30, 2022
noziz:

There's a student thread that can bring you up to speed.

https://www.nairaland.com/7267459/uk-student-visa-tier-4/660
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by HomoSapiien: 11:50am On Dec 30, 2022
tomiwiyu:
Visa alert :::

Biometric : 06 Dec
BRp mail: 22 Dec
Pickup Personal : 28 Dec
Visa type : Skilled work visa

Document submitted
COS
IELTS
TB
PCC
Data page …

It has being God .
Journey started Just October 2022 and now God Did
Alliamdullilah

Congratulations.

What’s the career line and how many years of experience?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by HomoSapiien: 11:53am On Dec 30, 2022
advanceDNA:

Money for tb test 60k

Money for rent

Daymmm
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by HomoSapiien: 11:54am On Dec 30, 2022
advanceDNA:

Money for tb test 60k

Money for rent

20hrs per week?
Daymmm
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by barrchy(f): 12:07pm On Dec 30, 2022
go there and check, my nephew did priority and waited 4 days and went back and his passport was there with his visa, no email no update.
djbaju:

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by fakmurphy(m): 12:59pm On Dec 30, 2022
Thank you to everyone who offered advice on my earlier query. I'd like to know the best approach to bring my mother-in-law on a visiting visa because it's clear from the responses that we can't use my corporate account in Nigeria to sponsor her for one.

Background:

On a Tier 2 visa, my wife has a full-time job in the medical field. Can she sponsor her mum using the UK bank account? How do we approach it? We need her here in 1-2 months so that I can start to concentrate more on our business back home. I don't have six months to run her account from Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by harddrive2012: 3:47pm On Dec 30, 2022
The Assisted service you did, did you go with the soft copy or you went with the hard copies?

Wisdom7400:
VISA ALERT
Silent reader on this thread
Route: Skilled worker (Tier 2)
cos nov 5th
visa application 1st dec (Standard)
biometrics 7th dec (Ikeja TLS ASSISTED SERVICE)
decision 16th dec
transferred to vac 21st dec
received by vac 21st dec
dispatched with dhl 21st
Documents submitted
Pcc
Tb
Ielts ukvi
Data page
Check list
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Wisdom7400(m): 4:18pm On Dec 30, 2022
harddrive2012:
The Assisted service you did, did you go with the soft copy or you went with the hard copies?

hard copies (originals)

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 4:51pm On Dec 30, 2022
fakmurphy:
Thanks so what do we need to do?

How long do you intend for her to stay in the UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by fakmurphy(m): 5:47pm On Dec 30, 2022
few weeks at first

Mrmoney90:

How long do you intend for her to stay in the UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by djbaju(m): 6:04pm On Dec 30, 2022
infosoftlife:

Have you been denied a visa in the past?

Yes 2013, could that be a reason?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by djbaju(m): 6:05pm On Dec 30, 2022
barrchy:
go there and check, my nephew did priority and waited 4 days and went back and his passport was there with his visa, no email no update.

Wonderful, but I paid for dhl, is it something I can still trying them out?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dk2baba(m): 6:23pm On Dec 30, 2022
Hello guys can a student earn up to 1800 pounds per month in the uk?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by advanceDNA: 7:30pm On Dec 30, 2022
djbaju:

Request for your money......u can log on and cancel the priority service request if decision on ur visa has not been made ....

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by advanceDNA: 7:32pm On Dec 30, 2022
dk2baba:
Hello guys can a student earn up to 1800 pounds per month in the uk?

If u sabi those wey sabi
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dk2baba(m): 7:56pm On Dec 30, 2022
How I go sabi people wey sabi road like dis
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Umegoejiofor(m): 9:14pm On Dec 30, 2022
Good evening bro,I want to apply for UK biz visa too? please which did I need to submit?I plan to submit only my business account with register company name
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Umegoejiofor(m): 9:18pm On Dec 30, 2022
babylawyr:
I picked 11th Jan, that was the earliest date available.

I applied for a business visa, I am not going to the UK for school.
Good luck.

Good evening bro,I want to apply for UK biz visa too? please which did I need to submit?I plan to submit only my business account with register company name
(Modify)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Kingy12345: 2:24am On Dec 31, 2022
Try premium..I think that's what am going to do now
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Duru009(m): 3:23am On Dec 31, 2022
Please Urgent.....

I bought a NECO Scratch card for a School in Canada to verify my result but I was told that
the NECO token is linked to o another Exam number.

Please help and advise....

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (612) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

Viewing this topic: donteebalo(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.