Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,245 members, 7,829,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (350) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (844859 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (623) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by TPLTD: 4:09pm On Jan 09, 2023
Please how do I get international drivers license?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jan 09, 2023
Hello. Pls i need advise. My Uncle gave me an invitation letter and british passport and utility bill. the consulate still denied me saying i didnt prove he was my uncle. we dont bear same surname o. Pls do i still indicate i have family in the UK in my new application? i intend to go as a tourist now without staying with him but there is a place that asks if i have family. Should i say yes or No?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 4:16pm On Jan 09, 2023
AbelPre:
Hello. Pls i need advise. My Uncle gave me an invitation letter and british passport and utility bill. the consulate still denied me saying i didnt prove he was my uncle. we dont bear same surname o. Pls do i still indicate i have family in the UK in my new application? i intend to go as a tourist now without staying with him but there is a place that asks if i have family. Should i say yes or No?

It's okay to say Yes. It is not compulsory you stay with family.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by christhavemercy(f): 4:20pm On Jan 09, 2023
UK refusal story

I just got my second visa refusal from UKVI.

The first one was refused with reason of ‘huge unexplainable’ amount (1,050,000) that showed in my statement. This is my house rent which came in and out (same day) of my statement.

Ok.. lesson learnt, no lump sum.

But this second refusal is shocking to me, see reason;
“”You state that you are employed earning 444602.98 NGN per month (£815.7 @ exchange rate £1 = 489.269 NGN). I have carefully considered the documents you have provided in support of your application.
You state you personally intend to spend 800000.00 NGN (£1,467.74) on your trip to the UK. I note that your proposed expenditure far exceeds your monthly disposable income. This degree of expenditure appears disproportionate to your economic circumstances, leading me to doubt your intentions in seeking to visit the UK for the limited period and purpose stated“”

After noting that my husband will be sponsoring the entire trip and including his pay slip and statements which far exceeds my own by many multiples, he has a UK visa already. He’s livid because we both can’t understand this reason.
I also included my payslip, salary account and savings account with above 3.7m (6 months, no lump sum deposited, opening bal 3.1m)

Joor oo.. please house where did I go wrong in this application? I applied for 6 months visa for a 7 day stay (honeymoon). Is spending less than double of your net income a reason for refusal? I checked the Appendix V as the highlighted and it’s not showing anything like that. It’s like this UKVI personnel thinks Naira is as valuable as Pounds�
How much should have been appropriate?

Also why wasn’t I refused the first time for that reason even though I stated that I would be spending 1.2m with the same salary.

Kindly advise me for future sake (or learn from me), although I won’t be applying to UK for a long time for my personal sanity.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by lilyflow: 4:26pm On Jan 09, 2023
AskGod07:
I disagreed with your analysis about Opening balance lilyflow, because many people are gotten their visa with low opening balance. As at the time you haven’t apply for a visa you can spend your savings for house projects, solving family problem. At times this so called ECO do complained about large amount as Opening balance.

But when you are ready to apply for a visa you can use substantial amount as a opening balance, and build your 6 month statement account to correlate with your monthly salary and your monthly expenses.

Note: If Eco notices some discrepancies in your bank account that is when they will start defining different things in your bank account.

Take note. All the things I listed were the problems. Sudden drop in monthly expenses is a red flag that will make the ECO look at other things. Trust me, my calculations are right based on his own answers. However, the opening balance of 500k wouldn't have been an issue if he had explained his monthly spend properly.
Mind you, the issue here is not low or high opening balance. The issue is his answer to the question which is not in accordance with the calculations.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by 27autumn: 4:34pm On Jan 09, 2023
lilyflow:

If you can get there by 12:30 that's fine. You can drive if you want to. They have parking space in the premises. You might be charged 2k to use it. That is what I was charged.

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AskGod07: 4:50pm On Jan 09, 2023
When did you received this refusal letter? I noticed ECO stated that your monthly salary is 444602.98 NGN , how much do you stated as your monthly expenses?

The exchange rate the ECO used is £1 = 489.269 NGN) , is pounds dropping down recently? Maybe the ECo mistakenly the exchange rate.

800,000k is fine for your proposed expenditures, ha this UKVI ECO are denied people anyhow ooo

christhavemercy:
UK refusal story

The first one was refused with reason of ‘huge unexplainable’ amount (1,050,000) that showed in my statement. This is my house rent which came in and out (same day) of my statement.

“”You state that you are employed earning 444602.98 NGN per month (£815.7 @ exchange rate £1 = 489.269 NGN). I have carefully considered the documents you have provided in support of your application.
You state you personally intend to spend 800000.00 NGN (£1,467.74) on your trip to the UK. I note that your proposed expenditure far exceeds your monthly disposable income. This degree of expenditure appears disproportionate to your economic circumstances, leading me to doubt your intentions in seeking to visit the UK for the limited period and purpose stated“”

After noting that my husband will be sponsoring the entire trip and including his pay slip and statements which far exceeds my own by many multiples, he has a UK visa already. He’s livid because we both can’t understand this reason.
I also included my payslip, salary account and savings account with above 3.7m (no lump sum deposited)

Joor oo.. please house where did I go wrong in this application? I applied for 6 months visa for a 5 day stay (honeymoon). Is spending less than double of your net income a reason for refusal? I checked the Appendix V as the highlighted and it’s not showing anything like that. It’s like this UKVI personnel thinks Naira is as valuable as Pounds�

Also why wasn’t I refused the first time for that reason even though I stated that I would be spending 1.2m with the same salary.

Kindly advise me for future sake (or learn from me), although I won’t be applying to UK for a long time for my personal sanity.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AskGod07: 4:54pm On Jan 09, 2023
I strongly agreed lilyflow, the question which is not in accordance causes ECo eyebrows.

lilyflow:

Take note. All the things I listed were the problems. Sudden drop in monthly expenses is a red flag that will make the ECO look at other things. Trust me, my calculations are right based on his own answers. However, the opening balance of 500k wouldn't have been an issue if he had explained his monthly spend properly.
Mind you, the issue here is not low or high opening balance. The issue is his answer to the question which is not in accordance with the calculations.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by DannyBillgate: 4:59pm On Jan 09, 2023
christhavemercy:
UK refusal story

I also included my payslip, salary account and savings account with above 3.7m (6 months, no lump sum deposited, opening bal 3.1m)

Joor oo.. please house where did I go wrong in this application? I applied for 6 months visa for a 7 day stay (honeymoon). Is spending less than double of your net income a reason for refusal? I checked the Appendix V as the highlighted and it’s not showing anything like that. It’s like this UKVI personnel thinks Naira is as valuable as Pounds�

Please u no do anything, mine still shocking me till today, they give very unmeaning reasons. Ukvi visit visa is just like a football bet, just apply and be hopeful you win the match. Because you can still correct your error from the first application, then while applying for 2nd one it will fall under another useless person with another reasons.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 5:40pm On Jan 09, 2023
christhavemercy:
UK refusal story

I'm so sorry this happened to you. It's really annoying to say the least.

My personal opinion - I honestly can't see anything you did wrong. Sometimes, the refusals don't make any sense at all.

It does appear that the ECO had an issue with your monthly salary. Did he/she think you don't earn enough? Who Knows? One never really knows what they are thinking and what they really want.

I think you should give this a break and visit other Countries.

When did you get the first refusal? The second application might have been too close to the first refusal.

Nevertheless, don't let this bother you. Try again when you are in the mood.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mzzmcky: 5:46pm On Jan 09, 2023
christhavemercy:
UK refusal story

Sorry about this. How much did you declare as your expenditure every month ? because the eco mentioned your disposable income.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by jeslom: 6:19pm On Jan 09, 2023
Please kindly advise . My travel date in my application is 14th . And I am yet to submit my visa application . I want to pay for priority visa service today . However it takes 5 days . I know even if u pay this I can’t get a decision before 14th Jan
Question is can I still apply and get my visa even though it doesn’t come out before 14th Jan or I shouldn’t bother wasting the 250 pounds
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 6:59pm On Jan 09, 2023
Maynman:
I have a brother that just got into the UK, he’s been trying to apply for jobs but they all saying he needs a police clearance report, please how can he get it while overseas or can someone help him do it here in Nigeria?

Pcc

To get one , you visit the Police Department in Alagbon.
Be informed, he has to come back to Nigeria to do his biometrics.
Appointment has to be fixed. If you connect, you can do bio same day and get same day.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 7:03pm On Jan 09, 2023
TPLTD:

You can process this at the Police department or VIO office in your respective state.

To process:
First
Middle
Surname
Phone number
Date of birth
Photo Passport

Contact the VIO or Police Department.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by jeslom: 7:04pm On Jan 09, 2023
Please kindly advise . My travel date in my application is 14th . And I am yet to submit my visa application . I want to pay for priority visa service today . However it takes 5 days . I know even if u pay this I can’t get a decision before 14th Jan
Question is can I still apply and get my visa even though it doesn’t come out before 14th Jan or I shouldn’t bother wasting the 250 pounds
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by TPLTD: 7:17pm On Jan 09, 2023
hunee:

You can process this at the Police department or VIO office in your respective state.

To process:
First
Middle
Surname
Phone number
Date of birth
Photo Passport

Contact the VIO or Police Department.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 7:18pm On Jan 09, 2023
jeslom:
then change ur travel date.. u haven’t submitted application at all so why the worry?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by christhavemercy(f): 7:31pm On Jan 09, 2023
If they feel I don’t earn enough I wish they would help me tell my employers cos I agree with that cheesy
First rejection was in September, second in Jan 8th.
Thanks, I’ve left UK visa to God almighty.

Cashmadam:

I'm so sorry this happened to you. It's really annoying to say the least.

My personal opinion - I honestly can't see anything you did wrong. Sometimes, the refusals don't make any sense at all.

It does appear that the ECO had an issue with your monthly salary. Did he/she think you don't earn enough? Who Knows? One never really knows what they are thinking and what they really want.

I think you should give this a break and visit other Countries.

When did you get the first refusal? The second application might have been too close to the first refusal.

Nevertheless, don't let this bother you. Try again when you are in the mood.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ajalalomo: 8:16pm On Jan 09, 2023
agabusta:

Apply and make payment online at the site below for just 2,000 naira.

https://yellowcardnigeria.com/

Print copies of your RRR receipt and make photocopy of your passport data page. Go with these documents to Port Health beside the MMA toll gate (if you are in Lagos) to get the jab and your yellow card.

Try to get there early.

Please do not patronize touts. The process is easy and straightforward.

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by kennylee: 9:54pm On Jan 09, 2023
TPLTD:
Contact me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 10:19pm On Jan 09, 2023
TPLTD:
what for?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by geolan(m): 2:12am On Jan 10, 2023
christhavemercy:
UK refusal story

Do you have any travel history?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AskGod07: 3:44am On Jan 10, 2023
Christhavemercy sorry for the refusal, if I may ask how much do you declared as your monthly expenses? and what do you stated on your application as your travel purpose?

I hope you apply for the visa by yourself? Or travel agent helped you to package it?

christhavemercy:
If they feel I don’t earn enough I wish they would help me tell my employers cos I agree with that cheesy
First rejection was in September, second in Jan 8th.
Thanks, I’ve left UK visa to God almighty.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by poshuju: 4:07am On Jan 10, 2023
Good morning all,

I want to say thanks to as many experienced travelers out here helping out and answering questions on time God bless all the admins ….

I just got my Uk student visa and my names are over 33 characters on my passport but on the visa issued to me this is only containing just 32 Characters the last letter of my name didn’t appear ….

Please does this affect the visa validity and what is the standard no of character ukvi visa can accept for people having long names like mine …

Looking forward to your response .

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by poshuju: 4:10am On Jan 10, 2023
Good morning

At point of entry at Heathrow airport is pof usually checked at random someone said they usually ask people to log into their bank app to check their bank account balance how true is this just asking ?

My pof agents stated this o
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by itoski(m): 5:53am On Jan 10, 2023
poshuju:
Good morning

At point of entry at Heathrow airport is pof usually checked at random someone said they usually ask people to log into their bank app to check their bank account balance how true is this just asking ?

My pof agents stated this o

So are you expecting an answer to this?
Receive wisdom 2023 to know the questions you need to ask in a public forum accessible to everyone.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by DannyBillgate: 7:19am On Jan 10, 2023
itoski:

Receive wisdom 2023 to know the questions you need to ask in a public forum accessible to everyone.

What exactly do you mean?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by poshuju: 8:52am On Jan 10, 2023
itoski:

I just asked a simple question to ascertain if any one has experience such you don’t have to be rude
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by MadeMan01(m): 9:15am On Jan 10, 2023
Hello House,
Please advise.
I want to travel to UK with my mom (she is getting old) to see my brother who is based there. I'm a first time traveller and mom is a regular UK traveller. I have filled the form online and completed the section stating that my mom is traveling with me. I have checked the payment section but it's asking me what class if visa I'm seeking. As a first time, I know I am entitled to six months, but my mom has got 2 year visa twice and may wish to stay longer
QUESTION: Do I need to fill separate application for myself and separate for my Mom and pay separately?

OR

Will I have the opportunity to pay for both our visas after I select 6months for myself.

Experienced travellers please reply . Thanks in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 9:16am On Jan 10, 2023
poshuju:
Good morning all,

I want to say thanks to as many experienced travelers out here helping out and answering questions on time God bless all the admins ….

I just got my Uk student visa and my names are over 33 characters on my passport but on the visa issued to me this is only containing just 32 Characters the last letter of my name didn’t appear ….

Please does this affect the visa validity and what is the standard no of character ukvi visa can accept for people having long names like mine …

Looking forward to your response .

Thanks

It is a common mistake, contact them to report it.
You can report the mistake to UKVI online. Use the link below

https://www.biometric-residence-permit.service.gov.uk/correct-mistakes/location

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (623) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

Viewing this topic: tuco02, Aim07(f), America001 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.