Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (351) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (832459 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (616) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by djbaju(m): 9:32am On Jan 10, 2023
Thanks for your contribution, if you check the bank statement, I have deposits on July August September October November & December being salary paid for the month of June July August September October & November.

Why do you think he said it is 5 months? I still don’t understand if you don’t mind I will appreciate, God bless.

lilyflow:

There is a lot of problem with your account statement and declaration. Your opening balance is not consistent with what you have declared as your monthly spend. Your opening balance means the total money you have in your account as of the time of the statement. So it means from January to July you only saved up 501k meanwhile you say you spend only 100k monthly. If that is the case, your opening balance should be 350k multiplied by 6 months which is 2.1m minus interest. So, if you have 501k it means for the first 6 months of the year, you spent over 100k per month.

Now let's go to your monthly spend for the 6 months in review. You spent less than 100k per month. This makes it obvious that you kind of worked on your account to reflect what it is reflecting. How did your monthly spend suddenly drop so low compared to earlier in the year where you either completely exhausted your salary each month or spent more than 300k.

Now to your salary. Yes your statement of account only shows 5 months salary taking into consideration that your salary comes in on the 1st of each month. So, the salary paid on the 1st of July is salary for June, that of Aug is for July and so on. Except you are saying your employer pays you each month even before you do the work. Lol. Your sixth month salary would have been on the 1st of January.

These are the issues.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by djbaju(m): 9:52am On Jan 10, 2023
Good morning boss, thanks for the input, I attached below a copy of refusal I got from this forum and highlighted the part the ECO refused an application cos the applicant had 1.5M opening balance, while mine was 500k & still got refused, meanwhile I got a 6 months visa June last year with an opening balance of 300k and my cousin got with an opening balance of 500k 6months, 500k again for his 2 yrs renewal last year June, we submitted together, also my expense was similar to this that got refused now, so I believe Uk visitors visa just need some space for now, while I am running my account from now till the next 6 month I should have another 2.1 added to my account, is it advisable I indicate on my form that I have a saving and calculate my opening balance, convert to pound and fill in my form?

I don’t know how declaring savings works, or should I just take the money out of the account, but I prefer to leave my funds in this account cos I feel it is safe here.

I appreciate your time, and everyone opinion is welcome too.

Respect

AskGod07:
I disagreed with your analysis about Opening balance lilyflow, because many people are gotten their visa with low opening balance. As at the time you haven’t apply for a visa you can spend your savings for house projects, solving family problem. At times this so called ECO do complained about large amount as Opening balance.

But when you are ready to apply for a visa you can use substantial amount as a opening balance, and build your 6 month statement account to correlate with your monthly salary and your monthly expenses.

Note: If Eco notices some discrepancies in your bank account that is when they will start defining different things in your bank account.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Gregdcutie(m): 10:40am On Jan 10, 2023
Goodmorning house, I noticed Ethiopian airline has the cheapest prices on their app but payment through our cards keeps saying error.
And secondly is there a way to view the ticket prices in other currencies should one want to ask someone abroad to pay.

Thanks in anticipation for your reply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Phakabir06: 10:41am On Jan 10, 2023
Good morning. Please I want to apply for a visit visa with my wife and my child. They always pay us upfront in our work of place every beginning of the year. Please when applying I hope the eco wont say it lump sum. There is documents to back it up like a payment advice from our corporation. Please I will need a reply to this. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 10:45am On Jan 10, 2023
Phakabir06:
Good morning. Please I want to apply for a visit visa with my wife and my child. They always pay us upfront in our work of place every beginning of the year. Please when applying I hope the eco wont say it lump sum. There is documents to back it up like a payment advice from our corporation. Please I will need a reply to this. Thank you

Good morning. Mention the amount you are paid and when you are paid in the additional information section.

If you can, highlight the lump sum you are paid in your statement of account.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AskGod07: 10:49am On Jan 10, 2023
Djbaju sorry I feel your pain, Firstly your SALARY is 5 month credit as ECO stated because you always received your salary on the 1st of the month right? For example if you want to receive June salary it will pay on the first of July ? i.e your December salary would be pay on the first of January right. But you applied for visa in the month of December which you supposed to apply after you receive your December salary on first of January 2023. Assuming now if you want to rebuild your account for next visa from the month of January, let say your January salary would be paid on first of February right? So you will count your 6 month from January till July because your June salary would be pay on the first of July.

As per the opening balance ECO using this as an excused to denied people, because there’s no how you won’t have Opening balance before you present 6 month bank statement.The only supporting documents to show prove of Opening balance as a savings in your account is your previous payslips.

Please don’t let any money enter your account apart your salary and have a specific monthly expenses to declared.

Note: where they asked do you have other income or saving in Visa application?You click savings and input your closing balance.

djbaju:
Good morning boss, thanks for the input, I attached below a copy of refusal I got from this forum and highlighted the part the ECO refused an application cos the applicant had 1.5M opening balance, while mine was 500k & still got refused, meanwhile I got a 6 months visa June last year with an opening balance of 300k and my cousin got with an opening balance of 500k 6months, 500k again for his 2 yrs renewal last year June, we submitted together, also my expense was similar to this that got refused now, so I believe Uk visitors visa just need some space for now, while I am running my account from now till the next 6 month I should have another 2.1 added to my account, is it advisable I indicate on my form that I have a saving and calculate my opening balance, convert to pound and fill in my form?

I don’t know how declaring savings works, or should I just take the money out of the account, but I prefer to leave my funds in this account cos I feel it is safe here.

I appreciate your time, and everyone opinion is welcome too.

Respect

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 10:56am On Jan 10, 2023
MadeMan01:
Hello House,
Please advise.
I want to travel to UK with my mom (she is getting old) to see my brother who is based there. I'm a first time traveller and mom is a regular UK traveller. I have filled the form online and completed the section stating that my mom is traveling with me. I have checked the payment section but it's asking me what class if visa I'm seeking. As a first time, I know I am entitled to six months, but my mom has got 2 year visa twice and may wish to stay longer
QUESTION: Do I need to fill separate application for myself and separate for my Mom and pay separately?

OR

Will I have the opportunity to pay for both our visas after I select 6months for myself.

Experienced travellers please reply . Thanks in advance

Fill a form for yourself and another form for your Mother. One form per person.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 10:56am On Jan 10, 2023
TPLTD:
Please how do I get international drivers license?

Go to any VIO office around uu....
I did mine dere last year wit jst 15k so I dnt knw where u ar n where u ar applying frm...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 11:11am On Jan 10, 2023
Gregdcutie:
Goodmorning house, I noticed Ethiopian airline has the cheapest prices on their app but payment through our cards keeps saying error.
And secondly is there a way to view the ticket prices in other currencies should one want to ask someone abroad to pay.

My friend I dnt know wy u choose Ethiopian airline mayb is ur choice airline to fly wit because if tokin of d cheapest flight without a TRANSIT VISA, EGYPTAIR is d cheapest compare to others....
U can book through KONGA TRAVELS N TOUR App very easy to book, cheap n fast to issue ticket....
My own opinion ooo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by infosoftlife: 11:17am On Jan 10, 2023
Phakabir06:

The lump sum is not a problem, just endeavor to explain it just like you have said on your LOE and reference the attached payslip for the month that shows such a transaction (upfront).
I would advise you don't apply immediately and wait a month or two after such a lump deposit just to be extra safe.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AskGod07: 11:24am On Jan 10, 2023
House what someone can use as a supporting documents to demonstrate the source of OPENING BALANCE? I think previous payslips can do that .

More advise plssssss because ECO are now using this as an excused to refused many people
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 12:28pm On Jan 10, 2023
AskGod07:

House what someone can use as a supporting documents to demonstrate the source of OPENING BALANCE? I think previous payslips can do that .

More advise plssssss because ECO are now using this as an excused to refused many people

Payslips and bank statement for about a year should help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Silentthinker(f): 12:45pm On Jan 10, 2023
Hello House,
I went for renewal of my Nigeria passport December 15th last year at the Nigeria embassy in London and my passport isn't ready.I have tried calling their number but it's not going through.Also tried tracking it on royal mail and it's showing passport not registered.
Please I'm really tired of the wait as I need to use it immediately. I'll be grateful if anyone can suggest how to go about it.

Thanks while I await responses.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AskGod07: 12:50pm On Jan 10, 2023
Lol so we should be submitted 1 year bank statement while they are asking for 6 month huh, even if we present 1 year bank statements it will still have opening balance lol Oga ooo

Cashmadam:

Payslips and bank statement for about a year should help

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by djbaju(m): 1:31pm On Jan 10, 2023
I tuale you, all cleared now. I will just print 7 month like that Jan to July, story no go dey again. Thanks I appreciate

AskGod07:
Djbaju sorry I feel your pain, Firstly your SALARY is 5 month credit as ECO stated because you always received your salary on the 1st of the month right? For example if you want to receive June salary it will pay on the first of July ? i.e your December salary would be pay on the first of January right. But you applied for visa in the month of December which you supposed to apply after you receive your December salary on first of January 2023. Assuming now if you want to rebuild your account for next visa from the month of January, let say your January salary would be paid on first of February right? So you will count your 6 month from January till July because your June salary would be pay on the first of July.

As per the opening balance ECO using this as an excused to denied people, because there’s no how you won’t have Opening balance before you present 6 month bank statement.The only supporting documents to show prove of Opening balance as a savings in your account is your previous payslips.

Please don’t let any money enter your account apart your salary and have a specific monthly expenses to declared.

Note: where they asked do you have other income or saving in Visa application?You click savings and input your closing balance.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 1:58pm On Jan 10, 2023
Silentthinker:
Hello House,
I went for renewal of my Nigeria passport December 15th last year at the Nigeria embassy in London and my passport isn't ready.I have tried calling their number but it's not going through.Also tried tracking it on royal mail and it's showing passport not registered.
Please I'm really tired of the wait as I need to use it immediately. I'll be grateful if anyone can suggest how to go about it.

Thanks while I await responses.
Hi

Trust you are well.

Contact NIDCOM to report this.
You can do so through their social mediia handles.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by agabusta: 2:51pm On Jan 10, 2023
Ibaku:
Don't pay a dime anywhere, on the day of your travel while checking in , it will be given to you free of charge, fill the info and give it back to immigration .

The person is asking about yellow fever vaccination card.

Try and get proper understanding of issues before delving into it.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by MadeMan01(m): 4:37pm On Jan 10, 2023
Cashmadam:

Fill a form for yourself and another form for your Mother. One form per person.
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 4:45pm On Jan 10, 2023
Phakabir06:

It is still regarded as lump sum, but it will be better if you can explain it in your cover or introduction letter, then attach the payment advice from your employer to it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by thelma76(f): 5:28pm On Jan 10, 2023
I have been following this thread for a while now and just observing, reading people’s experiences so I learn a thing or two before putting my application forward. Thanks to everyone who keeps this thread active and flowing with advice and suggestions

I heard the refusal rate for uk visit visa has significantly increased this past month but went ahead nonetheless. And now, after receiving a refusal with the most ridiculous reasons, I can say I’m fully convinced something is wrong with the vetting system.

I am also not able to appeal the decision, which is very disappointing. The decision came out in 4 working days post biometrics and this was not a priority or super priority appointment btw. Reason for refusal was tied to 1. Doubt on my employer (which is crazy because I work at a multinational of great repute - they claim my employer couldn’t be found on CAC’s website as a valid company, howww?? I literally use our CAC document to process permits for incoming Expats of various nationalities and with 100% success, I also had all sorts of supporting documentation to prove my employment), 2. Declared funds being 3x my disposable income despite having a solid statement (I had a closing balance of approx 2m and lump sum was clearly explained with bonus memo and payslip) showing flow of funds from my employer, and a strong LOE explaining all these in detail, payslips for 6 months, an introduction letter from my employer as well as a supplementary statement from another account of mine).

They also stated a budget of 1.1m is too much for a short stay trip and gives them reason to doubt that I would leave the UK. I used this budget inclusive of flights (in my head) but in hindsight, maybe I should have declared half of that instead especially since I’d be staying with family.

All in all, the decision is unfounded. And I’m completely stunned as I also have good travel history within Africa and to two Schengen states and never had an immigration issue or visa denial. The latter part of this upsets me the most because these guys have now spoilt my record undeservedly. If I saw this coming, I would have just applied for a Schengen visa jeje and saved myself this headache, and some money.

At this point, and with these flimsy decisions given without due diligence, I am not sure what more one can do to prove their application is genuine. It is well

6 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sWrights2012: 5:31pm On Jan 10, 2023
99Good:
I don't know if you've sorted your passport issues, just in case you haven't, I have one immigration lawyer, you can quote me with your contact, I'll send you his number

Thank you so much.
I eventually got a collection email few days back after visiting TLS again with the instruction letter from UKVI to release my passport.
UKVI gave me the most frustrating times of my life in 2022 both financially and emotionally. I lost 2 travel scholarships (Asia and Europe) because of their delay in returning my passport (over 4 months) for nothing. I realised that £55 payment VI is nothing but an offering. If not for the letter I took there physically, I doubt if I will ever get my passport back.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by MadeMan01(m): 5:42pm On Jan 10, 2023
Hello House, how can one pay for the visa fee during application. Can one use Naira debit cards or ATM cards?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by OptimisticK: 5:43pm On Jan 10, 2023
Nawa o

I hope this won't my case o.
Waiting for collection mail since 29th of Dec, after a successful BRP mail.

I don't understand this people o.

sWrights2012:

Thank you so much.
I eventually got a collection email few days back after visiting TLS again with the instruction letter from UKVI to release my passport.
UKVI gave me the most frustrating times of my life in 2022 both financially and emotionally. I lost 2 travel scholarships (Asia and Europe) because of their delay in returning my passport (over 4 months) for nothing. I realised that £55 payment VI is nothing but an offering. If not for the letter I took there physically, I doubt if I will ever get my passport back.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by OptimisticK: 5:49pm On Jan 10, 2023
Please can I get the UKVI email that sent you an instruction letter.

sWrights2012:

Thank you so much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 6:41pm On Jan 10, 2023
I DO KUKU TALK HAM SINCE, BUT E BE LIKE SAY UNA DEY LIKE TO BLOW MONEY.

UKVI ARE SERIOUSLY CRAZY.
MAKE UNA DEY TRY OOO.

I have suspended my contributions on UKVI for now, i will channel my feedbacks to other issues raised here.

If you need contacts on anything as regards travel, post here.
I will respond.

Una Goodevening o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7inf00wmKm8&t=16s
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 6:54pm On Jan 10, 2023
thelma76:
I have been following this thread for a while now and just observing, reading people’s experiences so I learn a thing or two before putting my application forward. Thanks to everyone who keeps this thread active and flowing with advice and suggestions

I heard the refusal rate for uk visit visa has significantly increased this past month but went ahead nonetheless. And now, after receiving a refusal with the most ridiculous reasons, I can say I’m fully convinced something is wrong with the vetting system.

I am also not able to appeal the decision, which is very disappointing. The decision came out in 4 working days post biometrics and this was not a priority or super priority appointment btw. Reason for refusal was tied to 1. Doubt on my employer (which is crazy because I work at a multinational of great repute - they claim my employer couldn’t be found on CAC’s website as a valid company, howww?? I literally use our CAC document to process permits for incoming Expats of various nationalities and with 100% success, I also had all sorts of supporting documentation to prove my employment), 2. Declared funds being 3x my disposable income despite having a solid statement (I had a closing balance of approx 2m and lump sum was clearly explained with bonus memo and payslip) showing flow of funds from my employer, and a strong LOE explaining all these in detail, payslips for 6 months, an introduction letter from my employer as well as a supplementary statement from another account of mine).

They also stated a budget of 1.1m is too much for a short stay trip and gives them reason to doubt that I would leave the UK. I used this budget inclusive of flights (in my head) but in hindsight, maybe I should have declared half of that instead especially since I’d be staying with family.

All in all, the decision is unfounded. And I’m completely stunned as I also have good travel history within Africa and to two Schengen states and never had an immigration issue or visa denial. The latter part of this upsets me the most because these guys have now spoilt my record undeservedly. If I saw this coming, I would have just applied for a Schengen visa jeje and saved myself this headache, and some money.

At this point, and with these flimsy decisions given without due diligence, I am not sure what more one can do to prove their application is genuine. It is well

So sorry this happened to you.

My observation in recent times - If you've never been to the UK, it is now a capital offence. Which is ridiculous really.

Your application appears to be water tight so I really don't know what else you were expected to do.

Don't let this bother you. It is well

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 6:58pm On Jan 10, 2023
MadeMan01:
Hello House, how can one pay for the visa fee during application. Can one use Naira debit cards or ATM cards?

I am sure you know the naira master cards card stopped working for international transactions.
If you are not aware, It is fine.

Now visit a commercial bank close to you to process a dollar card, preferably ask for one through a dorm account, not a prepaid card with limitations for online payments "only"

Specifically for visas, you make use of usd cards (Especially for Uk)

Regards
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by infosoftlife: 7:42pm On Jan 10, 2023
thelma76:

Just like the link from @hunee
This is not the best time to be declaring family members who are not citizens in the UK.
If one doesn't have a strong purpose for traveling, it is best to sit it out at this time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by thelma76(f): 8:21pm On Jan 10, 2023
infosoftlife:

Just like the link from @hunee
This is not the best time to be declaring family members who are not citizens in the UK.
If one doesn't have a strong purpose for traveling, it is best to sit it out at this time.

I agree. My family member is a British citizen though, and has been for about 7 years now. But thanks, I do think it’s best to “rest” at this point.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by geolan(m): 9:15pm On Jan 10, 2023
Gregdcutie:

Try to get their customer care number on their website. They will give you an account number to pay into. They don’t accept our cards in Nigeria but call their lines and you will sort it out in less than 10mins

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 9:47pm On Jan 10, 2023
hunee:
I DO KUKU TALK HAM SINCE, BUT E BE LIKE SAY UNA DEY LIKE TO BLOW MONEY.

UKVI ARE SERIOUSLY CRAZY.
MAKE UNA DEY TRY OOO.

I have suspended my contributions on UKVI for now, i will channel my feedbacks to other issues raised here.

If you need contacts on anything as regards travel, post here.
I will respond.

Una Goodevening o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7inf00wmKm8&t=16s

Na why them refuse me with flimsy reasons too.. I wish I knew earlier
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by nwaogukings03: 10:41pm On Jan 10, 2023
Pls between ROYAL AIR MAROC (2hrs 30mins layover at Casablanca) and ETHIOPIAN AIRWAYS (13hrs layover in Addis Ababa) which one would you guys recommend?

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (616) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.