Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,831 members, 7,820,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (369) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (836020 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (619) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by SarahKrm2: 8:44pm On Jan 29, 2023
Mrmoney90:

Well as long as the source of your funds is clear, I do not think that 2m would be enough to fund your trip since that’s the only money you have in there. Try to save for more 6 months. 700k times 6 will be about 4.2m added to your 2m, that will be 6.2m. By then you should have sufficient funds to be able to apply for your visa, because it makes no sense emptying your account just for a trip.

Sorry I think you mistook my previous statement
I want to apply in July not now
But what I wanted to know is if my opening balance of 2m was reasonable to start building my account as they have been refusing visas based on opening balance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AskGod07: 8:47pm On Jan 29, 2023
Opening balance is 1,611,651 million @ July 2022

New 6 month bank statement i.e (salary) @ 550k monthly is 3.3m minus 100k monthly expenditures for 6month : 2,7m

Opening balance of 1,611,651 + New 6 month disposable income is 2.7m :

Closing balance is 4,311,651 @ Aug 2022 to January 2023( New 6month)

Mrmoney90:

Is the 1.6m the current balance in the new 6 months bank statement?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 9:44pm On Jan 29, 2023
SarahKrm2:

Sorry I think you mistook my previous statement
I want to apply in July not now
But what I wanted to know is if my opening balance of 2m was reasonable to start building my account as they have been refusing visas based on opening balance.

Yes it’s reasonable Na, judging from your 850k monthly pay.. you are good to go in 6 months time 👍🏾
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ezegold4we: 9:47pm On Jan 29, 2023
Pls is there anything wrong for a court marriage certificate to Carry 2 different dates of same month and Year,

My sister's court wedding certificate is carrying 20th of june as the Day of when married which was on Sunday and another date dated 23rd june same month and year with a government stamp and signature of the Court marriage registrar,

Note, her church white wedding day was on 20th June which was on Sunday and 23rd June was on Wednesday, my Question is This,

Is it Right for a wedding certificate to Carry both date's or should they use Only 23rd which was officially from the marriage registrar, though in The form, when married was asked and they inserted 20th June which was the day of their church white wedding,

Hope those two dates will not raise any additional questions from UKvi officer's?

Pls we need urgent response from guru's and couple's and dependant's that already gotten Their UK Visa's by submitting marriage certificate as a requirement.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 9:49pm On Jan 29, 2023
AskGod07:
Opening balance is 1,611,651 million @ July 2022

New 6 month bank statement i.e (salary) @ 550k monthly is 3.3m minus 100k monthly expenditures for 6month : 2,7m

Opening balance of 1,611,651 + New 6 month disposable income is 2.7m :

Closing balance is 4,311,651 @ Aug 2022 to January 2023( New 6month)

Your account is good to go for you to apply. Atleast you built it well. You can submit the one year payslips and your six months bank statement. But make sure that if you got change of salary at any point in time, it should be noted in a cover letter o. And importantly, hope your monthly spending didn’t exceed what you said you spend every month in your bank statement.

In the absence of any discrepancy, I would wish you good luck with your application, and I hope you will get it this time
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 9:50pm On Jan 29, 2023
ezegold4we:
Pls is there anything wrong for a court marriage certificate to Carry 2 different dates of same month and Year,

My sister's court wedding certificate is carrying 20th of june as the Day of when married which was on Sunday and another date dated 23rd june same month and year with a government stamp and signature of the Court marriage registrar,

Note, her church white wedding day was on 20th June which was on Sunday and 23rd June was on Wednesday, my Question is This,

Is it Right for a wedding certificate to Carry both date's or should they use Only 23rd which was officially from the marriage registrar, though in The form, when married was asked and they inserted 20th June which was the day of their church white wedding,

Hope those two dates will not raise any additional questions from UKvi officer's?

Pls we need urgent response from guru's and couple's and dependant's that already gotten Their UK Visa's by submitting marriage certificate as a requirement.

They got married on 20th, that’s the actual date of their marriage. 23rd was just the date the certificate was issued, so that should not be a problem as long the date of marriage says 20th
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 9:56pm On Jan 29, 2023
Mrmoney90:

For self assisted service, you only need your passport, a photocopy of the bio data page of your passport, you don’t need to go with the checklist. They actually require just 3 paper documents for self assisted. Just can’t remember all 3
they are asking for assisted service.. they do need to go with all copies in a4 of their documents
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 9:57pm On Jan 29, 2023
Mrmoney90:

For self assisted service, you only need your passport, a photocopy of the bio data page of your passport, you don’t need to go with the checklist. They actually require just 3 paper documents for self assisted. Just can’t remember all 3

The OP needs information about assisted service. He needs to go there with his documents so they can help him upload them to his application portal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 9:58pm On Jan 29, 2023
samsung007:

Noted. Thank you
it is wrong. Assisted service is the one which u pay 11,700 or so and u need to go there with a4 formats of all ur documents
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 10:00pm On Jan 29, 2023
terrymiket15:
Happy Sunday to you can anyone please help me with information on how to apply for Poland working Visa

https://www.nairaland.com/6033504/poland-work-visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by tana4gud(f): 10:02pm On Jan 29, 2023
gistbite:

Go to your mail bin
bin messages were deleted too.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 10:04pm On Jan 29, 2023
Tripletmom:
Hello,
Please ma/sir, would like to know if I require a fit to fly from my hospital or FAAN.
I have a short trip to Uk in Feb and would be exactly 19 weeks on my departure date.
Thank you

As of today you don’t need “Fit to fly certificate” to travel to the UK.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 10:14pm On Jan 29, 2023
samsung007:
Good afternoon to all the boss and boss lady in this forum. I really did learn a lot from the little I have been reading.
Please,I have a question to ask. I have biometric on the first week of February and I opt for assisted service. My question is that do I have to go with the original documents and I should make coloured copy’s of those documents with me because I don’t understand TLS websites and choices.

Your opinion will be greatly appreciated

All documents must be in A4 paper size. Go with the original documents if they are on A4 paper. Documents that are not printed on A4 paper must be copied to A4 paper. There is no need to make colored copies. You can do black and white if you like.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 10:15pm On Jan 29, 2023
giselle237:
they are asking for assisted service.. they do need to go with all copies in a4 of their documents

Sorry, thought it was self service.. that’s why I wrote self assisted. I was confused by the “self” as that was what he asked about..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 10:16pm On Jan 29, 2023
Ashirioluwa:

The OP needs information about assisted service. He needs to go there with his documents so they can help him upload them to his application portal.

Yes, I just noticed it’s assisted service. He actually said self assisted, that was what confused me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AskGod07: 10:50pm On Jan 29, 2023
If I submit 1 year pay-slips and 6 month bank statement should I still need to explain about the savings till what left as my Opening balance ? Because my opening balance of 1.611,651 represents approximately my 4 month disposable income before new 6 month statement of account.

Or I’m thinking that Out of 1 year payslips my new 6 month bank account will take 6 month, and the remaining 6 month is for the savings on my opening balance which 4 month as already shows on my opening balance. Maybe the remaining 2 month I should claim it on something tangible that I use it for then I will provide a document to back it up

Note: 1 years Payalips you advised me to submit is exclusive with my new 6 month bank account?

Thanks ololade Mr money

I really appreciate your insights

Mrmoney90:

Your account is good to go for you to apply. Atleast you built it well. You can submit the one year payslips and your six months bank statement. But make sure that if you got change of salary at any point in time, it should be noted in a cover letter o. And importantly, hope your monthly spending didn’t exceed what you said you spend every month in your bank statement.

In the absence of any discrepancy, I would wish you good luck with your application, and I hope you will get it this time
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by SarahKrm2: 11:00pm On Jan 29, 2023
Mrmoney90:

Yes it’s reasonable Na, judging from your 850k monthly pay.. you are good to go in 6 months time 👍🏾

Hmmm are you sure they won’t say it’s too low giving my salary?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 11:20pm On Jan 29, 2023
SarahKrm2:

Hmmm are you sure they won’t say it’s too low giving my salary?

Too low for opening balance? Not at all. As long as you are still working and earning that 850k monthly, subtract your 150k spending and you will have 700k. Multiply that by 6 months, that leaves you at 4.2m. Remember you’re not supposed to spend more than 3 months of your disposable income. Now by my calculations, 3 months disposable income at your current earning will be 2.1m. You can choose to spend 1.2m or 1.5m on your trip. You will still have about 2.1m plus your 2m opening balance, that’s 4.1m sitting comfortably in your account. You have no worries trust me. Unless you are looking at using that 2m opening balance as your all and all, that’s when there will be an issue.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 11:21pm On Jan 29, 2023
AskGod07:
If I submit 1 year pay-slips and 6 month bank statement should I still need to explain about the savings till what left as my Opening balance ? Because my opening balance of 1.611,651 represents approximately my 4 month disposable income before new 6 month statement of account.

Or I’m thinking that Out of 1 year payslips my new 6 month bank account will take 6 month, and the remaining 6 month is for the savings on my opening balance which 4 month as already shows on my opening balance. Maybe the remaining 2 month I should claim it on something tangible that I use it for then I will provide a document to back it up

Note: 1 years Payalips you advised me to submit is exclusive with my new 6 month bank account?

Thanks ololade Mr money

I really appreciate your insights

Ok, first of all before I proceed, how much have you been earning consistently for the past one year?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AskGod07: 4:29am On Jan 30, 2023
My salary didn’t changed since 2020, I was earning 550k monthly after tax

Mrmoney90:

Ok, first of all before I proceed, how much have you been earning consistently for the past one year?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Amylew: 5:02am On Jan 30, 2023
Guys, pls how best to handle this.
My friend wants to reapply immediately as his mum got refused. It’s an application to visit him in the UK primarily but she stated that she was a petty trader but could not supply evidence that the business was registered. And of course no company account.

She has opening balance of about 3.5m, savings from through the years. With a 750k deposit by the sim which they failed to highlight.
But the savings account opening and closing balance are almost same. From what I read here there should be an upward curve.
However he is the sponsor. Has an health bank balance of about 8k pounds. Payslips and all.

If the son is the sponsor does the applicants account details matter much?
Pls, How best to surmount the hurdle of what she does for a living in this new application? Especially as we already said she’s a petty trader in the last application.
She’s retired but manages a petty store.

Is it compulsory to have a source of living lol.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 9:10am On Jan 30, 2023
AskGod07:

My salary didn’t changed since 2020, I was earning 550k monthly after tax

If your salary has been the same just like you have said, then you have no worries
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AskGod07: 9:23am On Jan 30, 2023
Baba should I still explain the opening balance and the previous savings that I used to purchased a car and submit 1yrs payslips ?

Or I should not even bother to explain opening balance and closing balance?

Sorry for asking too much questions oooo

Thanks bro, I acknowledge you

Head of the table (Roman Reigns) of our time

quote author=Mrmoney90 post=120491538]

If your salary has been the same just like you have said, then you have no worries [/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 9:33am On Jan 30, 2023
Amylew:
Guys, pls how best to handle this.
My friend wants to reapply immediately as his mum got refused. It’s an application to visit him in the UK primarily but she stated that she was a petty trader but could not supply evidence that the business was registered. And of course no company account.

She has opening balance of about 3.5m, savings from through the years. With a 750k deposit by the sim which they failed to highlight.
But the savings account opening and closing balance are almost same. From what I read here there should be an upward curve.
However he is the sponsor. Has an health bank balance of about 8k pounds. Payslips and all.

If the son is the sponsor does the applicants account details matter much?
Pls, How best to surmount the hurdle of what she does for a living in this new application? Especially as we already said she’s a petty trader in the last application.
She’s retired but manages a petty store.

Is it compulsory to have a source of living lol.

Yes you must have a source of income as money do not just appear into ones account. Secondly, you can’t survive without money, so wherever the money is coming from is your source of income, either as gifts from family, work, business etc.

Now back to your refusal note. Your mother’s account is confusing. How can she be earning and her opening balance as well as closing balance remains the same. On one hand, she earns 550k per year, and on the other hand she’s earning 750k as other regular income. According to the ECO, there was no account as to the origin of the money as is clearly stated there. They needed either explanation or documents to back her claim.

If she is doing a non-registered business, as per petty trade levels, she could provide receipts of such transactions or maybe she can take photos of her business alongside shop registration informations. You see that you guys gave the ECO room to make assumptions? And once they do, that equates to refusal. In other words, once details in your application is confusing, they assume and refuse such application.

What you should do: try explaining the source of the funds by highlighting them on her statement of account. You can explain she receives payment of transactions in her personal account as well. As for the money you sent her, highlight it as well and also send proof of how you sent it, either through bank transfer, or if it is western Union and the likes, kindly attach the receipt of the transaction. Make sure you always highlight every transaction that is not clear.

Again, that opening balance and closing balance being thesame is always an issue. Doesn’t she spend? How much is her monthly expenditure? I don’t think that was stated as ECO didn’t mention it. You guys should try to give more info on that. Make the application more detailed.

Lastly, she can take pictures of herself in her business place, as well as receipts of payments she make for using the spot. Even if she has a sponsor, she still needs to show her bank statement. One important mistake you made was stating she will be contributing 500k towards her trip. She shouldn’t have said so anyways, because how can her sponsor be spending 4500 and she still needs to spend 500k of her money. Makes no sense. Shouldn’t have been stated regardless. Next application you should try to reduce the amount in pounds to be spent on trip, because that 4500 is quite much. These ECOs, their reasoning isn’t normal. And also try to give a breakdown of how much she will be spending in a cover letter. She can apply again immediately if you believe these stated issues can be rectified immediately.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 9:43am On Jan 30, 2023
AskGod07:

Baba should I still explain the opening balance and the previous savings that I used to purchased a car and submit 1yrs payslips ?

Or I should not even bother to explain opening balance and closing balance?

Sorry for asking too much questions oooo

Thanks bro, I acknowledge you

Head of the table (Roman Reigns) of our time

Actually, if the information you provided is straightforward, there will be really no need explaining both opening and closing balances. There is also no need explaining the car purchase as that part of the bank statement that shows that transaction wouldn’t be included in the 6 months bank statement. Your payslips are just fine. You can just say the opening balance is as a result of your salary earning. But if you still feel you want to say your opening balance got to 1.5m because you purchased a car, it’s still fine. And you can include the receipt of the purchase as proof. Your closing balance should be self explanatory as long as the information you provided(in terms of earnings and expenditures), matches the attached documentation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oluwaloniglory7: 9:49am On Jan 30, 2023
Wow perfect and straight forward.

Thanks
The head of the table

Mrmoney90:

Actually, if the information you provided is straightforward, there will be really no need explaining both opening and closing balances. There is also no need explaining the car purchase as that part of the bank statement that shows that transaction wouldn’t be included in the 6 months bank statement. Your payslips are just fine. You can just say the opening balance is as a result of your salary earning. But if you still feel you want to say your opening balance got to 1.5m because you purchased a car, it’s still fine. And you can include the receipt of the purchase as proof. Your closing balance should be self explanatory as long as the information you provided(in terms of earnings and expenditures), matches the attached documentation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ijeshaoflondon: 9:57am On Jan 30, 2023
AskGod07:

Nice quote ijeshaoflondo!!!

But when you reach 110-115, do you later complete it to 120k monthly expenses?

Not necessary it must be 120k... just dont ho beyond 120k ... it mat be 5 k less
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ijeshaoflondon: 10:09am On Jan 30, 2023
AskGod07:

Ok, thanks for the clarification. Is it good or not to explain the opening balance and closing balance in a cover letter ?

The logic behind that is to divide the opening balance by the amount you declared as ur disposable income ... If you have 4,900,000 as your opening balance , u also receive 400k as salary and you spend 100k monthly, it means your disposable income is 300k...

Divide your opening bal of 4,900,000 by 300k ... It will give you the number of months you have worked and should declare that you have been saving money for the trip... even if na lie... give it to them atleast they dont have the staty of previous months...do they let you test...lol
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ijeshaoflondon: 10:17am On Jan 30, 2023
Depending on what you want to declare as the cost of your trip. but you can spend atleast 300k frpm you 850k and you have 450×2 months for the trip.

SarahKrm2:
Hello All

I’ve been following this page for a while and in the process of building my account to apply in summer for a visit.
However this source opening balance thing is very confusing, seeing as you have confirmed employment and payslips.
My salary account is what I use for my savings. I earn 850k monthly. Reasonably how many months disposable income do the ECO expect to see? I know there’s no set figure, but would around 2m be reasonable, considering I just finished renovating my house? Or would they say it’s too low or too high?

So I don’t waste 6 months running account only to hear story at the end.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 10:56am On Jan 30, 2023
Ashirioluwa:

As of today you don’t need “Fit to fly certificate” to travel to the UK.
she is pregnant. If it is showing she needs a pregnancy fit to fly from Port Health
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by NdiEgede: 11:24am On Jan 30, 2023
Greetings all, I am filling out applications for a Standard Visitor’s Visa. I am a student and have no source of income yet apart from little savings. My intention of visiting is to go help my elder sister who is expectant, hence she is sponsoring all my expenses including, flights, accommodation and living costs.

While filling this, i was asked to provide the personal funds i will be contributing to my trip, but i have also stated that this trip is being sponsored by my sister who is living in the UK and who i am visiting. I have been asked to provide supporting documents which includes my own personal bank statement.

I want to know how to go about it as all the funds for my trip is directly coming from sister. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by nwaogukings03: 11:53am On Jan 30, 2023
NdiEgede:
Greetings all, I am filling out applications for a Standard Visitor’s Visa. I am a student and have no source of income yet apart from little savings. My intention of visiting is to go help my elder sister who is expectant, hence she is sponsoring all my expenses including, flights, accommodation and living costs.

While filling this, i was asked to provide the personal funds i will be contributing to my trip, but i have also stated that this trip is being sponsored by my sister who is living in the UK and who i am visiting. I have been asked to provide supporting documents which includes my own personal bank statement.

I want to know how to go about it as all the funds for my trip is directly coming from sister. Thanks

Read this thread carefully. Similar cases have been discussed here. Just make sure you have all evidences to prove you are student on vacation with permission.

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (619) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: tony2478 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.