Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (372) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (835738 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) ... (619) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 9:27pm On Jan 31, 2023
Donzie1995:
I will not lie, there's high chance I might not leave UK. My aunt want to help me settle in UK.
u wont even get the visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by SarahKrm2: 10:07pm On Jan 31, 2023
giselle237:
u wont even get the visa

Hahahah
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 10:15pm On Jan 31, 2023
giselle237:
u wont even get the visa

😂😂😂 honestly, our mindset is an issue… but surprisingly, he might apply and get it. He just might be lucky..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by labiola: 11:01pm On Jan 31, 2023
Good evening all. I am applying for a UK visa for a family of 5, the wife and four children
I have paid for the application fee but I am having issue with booking appointments for biometrics. I have paid 44k for flexi for the family so all of us can go same day, should I need to pay for other 4 children to secure same appointments?

Please I need your assistance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 12:16am On Feb 01, 2023
giselle237:
u can enter 1.
That’s what my family members fill when they are being sponsored

What they want is the total cost of the trip, which includes the cost of the plane ticket, accommodations, and other related trip expenses.

You need to figure out the cost and write it out, whether you're sponsoring yourself or being sponsored by someone else.

The fact that he wrote £1 there does not imply that he correctly responded to the question. Anyway, positive results are our main goals.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ijeshaoflondon: 1:34am On Feb 01, 2023
cry
Ashirioluwa:

What they want is the total cost of the trip, which includes the cost of the plane ticket, accommodations, and other related trip expenses.

You need to figure out the cost and write it out, whether you're sponsoring yourself or being sponsored by someone else.

The fact that he wrote £1 there does not imply that he correctly responded to the question. Anyway, positive results are our main goals.
z
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ezegold4we: 3:03am On Feb 01, 2023
Good morning Honourable's,

Maintenance was ticked YES on Their COS offfer, Major Applicant already travelled over a month ago,

Dependant's will be traveling soonest,

Pls house, do They need to show any proof of funds at point of entry?? If yes,like how much?
Remember, maintenance was ticked YES in their COS,

Waiting for response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Newsolutions: 5:05am On Feb 01, 2023
labiola:
Good evening all. I am applying for a UK visa for a family of 5, the wife and four children
I have paid for the application fee but I am having issue with booking appointments for biometrics. I have paid 44k for flexi for the family so all of us can go same day, should I need to pay for other 4 children to secure same appointments?

Plenase I need your assistance

No,please don't pay. Let them tag along. The crowd is manageable. If they insist when you get there then you can pay. But nothing of such. Just arrange your documents well and book normal appointments for them. Each of you need appointment
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 5:14am On Feb 01, 2023
Ashirioluwa:

the differentiating factor is the question ‘cost personally to you’… or something about how much you are bringing personally…if u are not paying for the trip this particular answer is 1 pound. There’s another question that covers how much the trip costs totally.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 5:15am On Feb 01, 2023
ezegold4we:
Maintenance was ticked YES on Their COS offfer, Major Applicant already travelled over a month ago,Dependant's will be traveling soonest, do They need to show any proof of funds at point of entry?? If yes,like how much?
Remember, maintenance was ticked YES in their COS.
maintenance ticked so no need for POF for as long as the COS is valid for
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 5:17am On Feb 01, 2023
Mrmoney90:
😂😂😂 honestly, our mindset is an issue… but surprisingly, he might apply and get it. He just might be lucky..
he wants his aunt a nurse to fully sponsor him… as long as he is using his main circumstances as described by him .. his own oo where he also needs his aunty to pay for everything… he will not get it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 5:19am On Feb 01, 2023
Donzie1995:
Hello house, I have an aunt who is a nurse in UK, she want me to visit her.
I'm not working presently and I only have little saving, my aunt will be the sponsor of every costs that will be incurred.
Do I need to have money before I can apply since my aunt will take care of them?
Thanks
e no go work.. no job.. little or no savings profile…. Nah not going to work… it’s not as if you are aged and elderly so why dem go help u run?

For a visitor visa, the most important is your financial integrity in your home country. If you can prove strong financial ties, then there is a high probability for visa aoproval.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 5:23am On Feb 01, 2023
ocpaschal:
30k monthly (end date is May 2023), uncle
dey play.. asin they would give you visa for an uncle to sponsor you to go for a relative’s graduation with a salary of 30k profile? Not going to work .

For a visitor visa, the most important is your financial integrity in your home country. If you can prove strong financial ties, then there is a high probability for visa approval.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 7:06am On Feb 01, 2023
giselle237:
dey play.. asin they would give you visa for an uncle to sponsor you to go for a relative’s graduation with a salary of 30k profile? Not going to work .

For a visitor visa, the most important is your financial integrity in your home country. If you can prove strong financial ties, then there is a high probability for visa approval.

You are right, but since he got a sponsor, don’t you think he got a chance? Provided the sponsor is financially buoyant? Ifeanyi Ubah sponsored a group of people to the uk sometime, and they all got their visas.. that’s just the angle I am seeing things from
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 7:09am On Feb 01, 2023
giselle237:
he wants his aunt a nurse to fully sponsor him… as long as he is using his main circumstances as described by him .. his own oo where he also needs his aunty to pay for everything… he will not get it

Hmmm you are right.. unless he proves strong ties to his home country. Because the ECO would just assume the aunty is more than likely going to help him migrate since she has a better living circumstance there. Or maybe if the aunty fit swear oath say she go pursue am come back after his stay his complete 😂
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Kiki25: 9:40am On Feb 01, 2023
Hi guys. So I applied for a visit visa last December and was refused. The major reason was my financials and ties. The ECO said that my personal account was inflated which is actually true but because I got
2 contract jobs just a month before I applied (they are both HR jobs and was supposed to be for just a month) and they paid me through my personal account, though I presented the contract documents). And there are also monies from my boyfriend and siblings which I explained in the cover letter I submitted.

My boyfriend is sponsoring the whole trip as he is in the UK (not as a student), all his necessary documents were submitted. And we want to try again since my birthday is coming up.

So my question is, in the previous application, I presented my salary account and savings account and also my piggyvest account. Now, for the new application, I want to submit just my salary account and declare that I don't have other source of income...is this going to be a problem?

Also, since I don't have any assets, how else can I proof my ties asides my work?

Please I need you guys to critique on the refusal and advise 😔

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by NdiEgede: 12:10pm On Feb 01, 2023
Mrmoney90:

If you can’t enter zero, use the total cost of trip even if the sponsor is paying.

As for evidence, you can include photos you both have taken together, as well as your birth certificates to show you’re both from same parents.

Thank you very much. What about the call log? is that so important please? And can I possibly send you a direct message please?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by NdiEgede: 12:11pm On Feb 01, 2023
Ashirioluwa:

You can't enter zero. You will still need to enter the total cost of the vacation, even if someone will be paying for the vacation.

Note it in your application and cover letter that someone is paying for your vacation.

Ok. If for example my sponsor is paying 5k pounds towards my trip, do I just put in that same 5k?

And please can I possibly send you a direct message please?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by lexycool01(m): 12:22pm On Feb 01, 2023
I got a mail from UKVI to upload additional documents which is a bank statement. I uploaded the bank statement and later they requested for documents to show my engagement after completing studies. I have also uploaded my employment letter and payslips.
I want to know if I can stop my POF ( proof of Fund) guess they are ok with that pending visa decision .
I have uploaded the screenshot of the 2 mails I got from UKVI.
Thanks

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by infosoftlife: 12:26pm On Feb 01, 2023
@lexycool01, please your village people are at work here.
Kindly, delete your previous post because all your application details are there.
This is a public forum and you trying to shoot yourself in the foot.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 1:17pm On Feb 01, 2023
NdiEgede:

Ok. If for example my sponsor is paying 5k pounds towards my trip, do I just put in that same 5k?

The amount to write there, according to some of the Nairaland visa counselors, is £1.

The way I understand this question is different from the way other gurus tackle it. Anyway, I am not an expert when it comes to visa applications.

I normally write the cost of the trip, then explain in the cover letter who is (are) paying for the trip and why they are doing so, then back it up finally with a "Letter of Support" from the sponsor.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 1:38pm On Feb 01, 2023
NdiEgede:

Boy, you have a lot to do to convince them that you're a genuine traveler because someone else sponsoring an adult traveler is somehow questionable. So many red flags.

A relative is sponsoring your vacation trip with £5000. That figure is also on the high side.

Anyway, nothing is impossible.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Solope4u: 1:47pm On Feb 01, 2023
Good afternoon everyone, my mum is planning to apply for a visiting visa to attend a wedding ceremony in June. She hasn't done any form of application not even passport. My question is that is it too late to start the application now or not.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ceejay2: 4:08pm On Feb 01, 2023
Good evening everyone , Happy month all. Please pardon my question. I've filled my application and submitted, booked an appointment and im filling that mod my dependents the issue here is like last 12 years my wife was deined and ban from entry the UK. Though the 10 years ban has ended and when filling the application which should I thick. The first or last option? Also since I've booked appointment is it same date and day we would be going for the biometrics note that I've not paid and submitted their application but I will do that today. Secondary the TLS assisted service is for each individual application?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 4:08pm On Feb 01, 2023
NdiEgede:

Thank you very much. What about the call log? is that so important please? And can I possibly send you a direct message please?

If you feel the call log would help, no problem.. and sure you can send me a private message.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 4:09pm On Feb 01, 2023
NdiEgede:

5k pounds is too much o… that might even be a strong ground for your refusal. Just say 1500
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ceejay2: 4:10pm On Feb 01, 2023
Ceejay2:
Good evening everyone , Happy month all. Please pardon my question. I've filled my application and submitted, booked an appointment and im filling that mod my dependents the issue here is like last 12 years my wife was deined and ban from entry the UK. Though the 10 years ban has ended and when filling the application which should I thick. The first or last option? Also since I've booked appointment is it same date and day we would be going for the biometrics note that I've not paid and submitted their application but I will do that today. Secondary the TLS assisted service is for each individual application?

Also they said give more details what should I write?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by djbaju(m): 4:22pm On Feb 01, 2023
when the previous visa expires and another is applied and issued

nwaogukings03:

Pls when do we say a visitor visa is being renewed?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Solope4u: 4:35pm On Feb 01, 2023
Solope4u:
Good afternoon everyone, my mum is planning to apply for a visiting visa to attend a wedding ceremony in June. She hasn't done any form of application not even passport. My question is that is it too late to start the application now or not.
??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 5:06pm On Feb 01, 2023
Solope4u:
??

If her finances are in check, getting a passport shouldn’t be much of an issue I guess.. June is a long way from now, she can start now with applying for her passport

(1) (2) (3) ... (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) ... (619) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.