Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,307 members, 7,836,333 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (852256 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (626) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by PreciousGemRubb: 12:38pm On Mar 24, 2022
Goodafternoon everyone, I have a question regarding dependant children.
My friend has been married to her husband for few years now only for him to later disclose he has children in Nigeria. They have their British citizenship now and the husband is trying to bring his children in without telling the wife.
She found out but to her surprise he has applied for their visa using someone else's name as the mother of the children (she knows the children mother's name), this lady is married to his friend. She also found out the friend knows about this arrangement.
The problem now is he wants the children to stay with he and his wife, all this is through eavesdropping on his conversations but he hasn't told her yet.
Her major concern is how he can apply without the children's mother.
Should she contact the children's mother anonymously because she is trying to report this to UKVI because she thinks this will backfire. I have told her to calm down first.
Also, the man is claiming in the application he and the "children's mother" are living in the same address which is a lie. The house is where he lives with his wife and their 3 children lives presently.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 2:32pm On Mar 24, 2022
As long as the mother of the Nigerian children is a Nigerian woman she can not side with his wife against taking her children to the UK… because in the long run her thinking will be tht her children will inturn bring her over. This is very common. They might even still be legally husband and wife…
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ray7878: 2:46pm On Mar 24, 2022
PreciousGemRubb:
Goodafternoon everyone, I have a question regarding dependant children.
My friend has been married to her husband for few years now only for him to later disclose he has children in Nigeria. They have their British citizenship now and the husband is trying to bring his children in without telling the wife.
She found out but to her surprise he has applied for their visa using someone else's name as the mother of the children (she knows the children mother's name), this lady is married to his friend. She also found out the friend knows about this arrangement.
The problem now is he wants the children to stay with he and his wife, all this is through eavesdropping on his conversations but he hasn't told her yet.
Her major concern is how he can apply without the children's mother.
Should she contact the children's mother anonymously because she is trying to report this to UKVI because she thinks this will backfire. I have told her to calm down first.
Also, the man is claiming in the application he and the "children's mother" are living in the same address which is a lie. The house is where he lives with his wife and their 3 children lives presently.

If he is claiming him and their mother lives in the address, so what other person did he use to claim were the mother on their application?

My main concern is more of if he is still married to the lady in Nigeria. And he is only using your mate to get his families down here.

This has happened a lot to people around me, and it’s mostly the men that would do this. They would have already had a plan with their wives in Nigeria, she would endure and take it as she wants to end up here eventually with her kids.

I would probably start getting UKVI involved anonymously. Just because he lied to her. I am sure she wouldn’t have mind the fact that he had kids in Nigeria, but the fact that he kept it away from her, now applying for those kids secretly, what’s next? Apply for the Nigerian lady secretly too and call her his sister? Honestly if I was in that position I would notify UKVI.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Vintob: 3:03pm On Mar 24, 2022
Hello, I have a younger sister that came to Nigeria from UK last year july and she's scheduled to leave for UK on Sunday. She paid for her covid dues last year but my question now is that, is she meant to make payment for another covid test before travelling? or she's got no need for that?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ray7878: 3:09pm On Mar 24, 2022
Vintob:
Hello, I have a younger sister that came to Nigeria from UK last year july and she's scheduled to leave for UK on Sunday. She paid for her covid dues last year but my question now is that, is she meant to make payment for another covid test before travelling? or she's got no need for that?

See my screenshot - Updated on the 18th of March 2022

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Clakyvip: 3:16pm On Mar 24, 2022
Dear

Regarding

The UK Decision Making Centre is currently assessing the application submitted by the above named. We are unable to conclude the application at this time as we require additional information.

In support of your application you have provided an IELTS certificate. However this is not for a UKVI accredited exam and does not contain a UKVI reference number.

Please see below links for more information regarding this requirement.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-english-language

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/prove-your-english-language-abilities-with-a-secure-english-language-test-selt

Please send this document as a scanned attachment within 10 working days to worksponsoreddocumentrequests@homeoffice.gov.uk quoting your application reference in the subject line. Please attach the document directly to the email as we are unable to access links to files hosted on sites such as Dropbox™ or Google Drive™. Please also include a translation of the document provided if it is not in English or Welsh.

Kind Regards,

Please I need advice on what to do, I am a nurse. I did Ielts academic as required. Please advice on what to do.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oggg: 3:26pm On Mar 24, 2022
Clakyvip:

Please I need advice on what to do, I am a nurse. I did Ielts academic as required. Please advice on what to do.
what visa type? find out from ur colleagues asap what they used as proof of english
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Clakyvip: 3:46pm On Mar 24, 2022
Oggg:
what visa type? find out from ur colleagues asap what they used as proof of english
It’s a work visa, they all used IELTS academic.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 3:48pm On Mar 24, 2022
Clakyvip:
Dear

Regarding

The UK Decision Making Centre is currently assessing the application submitted by the above named. We are unable to conclude the application at this time as we require additional information.

In support of your application you have provided an IELTS certificate. However this is not for a UKVI accredited exam and does not contain a UKVI reference number.

Please see below links for more information regarding this requirement.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-english-language

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/prove-your-english-language-abilities-with-a-secure-english-language-test-selt

Please send this document as a scanned attachment within 10 working days to worksponsoreddocumentrequests@homeoffice.gov.uk quoting your application reference in the subject line. Please attach the document directly to the email as we are unable to access links to files hosted on sites such as Dropbox™ or Google Drive™. Please also include a translation of the document provided if it is not in English or Welsh.

Kind Regards,

You would have to take the IELTS UKVI exams in an event you are refused the visa and reapply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 3:50pm On Mar 24, 2022
Clakyvip:

It’s a work visa, they all used IELTS academic.

No. IELTS academic is for admissions and taking professional exams, IELTS UKVI is what the embassy accepts for immigration purposes.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Clakyvip: 3:58pm On Mar 24, 2022
leef2022:

No. IELTS academic is for admissions and taking professional exams, IELTS UKVI is what the embassy accepts for immigration purposes.

Several other colleagues did Ielts academic and got their visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 4:31pm On Mar 24, 2022
Clakyvip:
Several other colleagues did Ielts academic and got their visa.
i know for doctors yes and there is a circular to this. The doctors own is as long as you have provided an english language certificate to get registration with GMC, there will be no further need to get an additional certificate for immigration services. It started fpr doctors in 2019 or early 2020. If this is true for you as well, look for this circular or official documentation and attach and send a cover letter to that email. Pls hurry.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by PreciousGemRubb: 4:36pm On Mar 24, 2022
But that's where the problem is, how will the children bring their mother to the UK on the long run when the father has claimed that another woman is their mother.
This woman in question is his friend's wife who came to the UK to study. The friend is in another country but knows about it.

giselle237:
As long as the mother of the Nigerian children is a Nigerian woman she can not side with his wife against taking her children to the UK… because in the long run her thinking will be tht her children will inturn bring her over. This is very common. They might even still be legally husband and wife…
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by PreciousGemRubb: 4:46pm On Mar 24, 2022
No, he agreed with his friend and his wife to add his children to her UK student application and he is now applying as the kids father and his friend's wife- as the kids mother. His friend is in another country.

My friend is married to him legally in Nigeria and if he is also legally married to that other lady then what can she do to expose this.

The issue here is, how can their real mother enter the UK when another woman is standing in her place. If he has been truthful and explained to her and also get his wife consent as their stepmother, is that not better? Will UKVI reject it even though on several occasions (forms and applications in the UK) he has always been saying he doesn't have any children apart from the ones with his wife.

My own concern is if she reports this to UKVI, will her husband not go to prison and the friend's wife visa cancelled and will she not be deported for lying. The repercussions of reporting to UKVI is what she wants to know before going forward.

Ray7878:

If he is claiming him and their mother lives in the address, so what other person did he use to claim were the mother on their application?

My main concern is more of if he is still married to the lady in Nigeria. And he is only using your mate to get his families down here.

This has happened a lot to people around me, and it’s mostly the men that would do this. They would have already had a plan with their wives in Nigeria, she would endure and take it as she wants to end up here eventually with her kids.

I would probably start getting UKVI involved anonymously. Just because he lied to her. I am sure she wouldn’t have mind the fact that he had kids in Nigeria, but the fact that he kept it away from her, now applying for those kids secretly, what’s next? Apply for the Nigerian lady secretly too and call her his sister? Honestly if I was in that position I would notify UKVI.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 4:59pm On Mar 24, 2022
PreciousGemRubb:
No, he agreed with his friend and his wife to add his children to her UK student application and he is now applying as the kids father and his friend's wife- as the kids mother. His friend is in another country.

My friend is married to him legally in Nigeria and if he is also legally married to that other lady then what can she do to expose this.

The issue here is, how can their real mother enter the UK when another woman is standing in her place. If he has been truthful and explained to her and also get his wife consent as their stepmother, is that not better? Will UKVI reject it even though on several occasions (forms and applications in the UK) he has always been saying he doesn't have any children apart from the ones with his wife.

My own concern is if she reports this to UKVI, will her husband not go to prison and the friend's wife visa cancelled and will she not be deported for lying. The repercussions of reporting to UKVI is what she wants to know before going forward.
i am sorry that it has got to this point for your friend but let me categorically tell you that as long as the man, permit me to say Nigerian man has decided to bring his other children in, your friend can not stop him without other means. This is not the 1st, 2nd or last one of men to do it. So if she is still worried about whether the man will go prison or not, then I dnt know how she requires help. This is betrayal of trust and she is hurt. Let her think straight.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ray7878: 5:10pm On Mar 24, 2022
PreciousGemRubb:

Ok it’s a lot more clearer now. So yeah her husband would probably be in trouble. The wife of that friend would probably have her visa cancelled too. A mother can get her visa via the kids. I know a couple of mates who has, but I don’t know exactly how they did the application.

I just think he didn’t need to lie to her, unless he thinks she would have overreacted. Your spouse would only be open with you if they don’t think you are bound to overreact.

She can always sit him down and speak to him about it, but the issue now is the application has been filed. Because what he is doing is dangerous and UKVI might find out anyways, just because his name is already on another application (Him being married to her in Nigeria). And it’s not like he has changed his name, and now his name is on another application? They would definitely find that shit out.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mamawa123: 5:24pm On Mar 24, 2022
Question about bank statement: please I want to know if UK embassy still accept regular bank statements? Because that was the one given to my niece at Access bank in Benin City
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mattycoke: 6:10pm On Mar 24, 2022
I think that is fine as long as it's stamped and dated by the bank.
mamawa123:
Question about bank statement: please I want to know if UK embassy still accept regular bank statements? Because that was the one given to my niece at Access bank in Benin City

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mamawa123: 7:00pm On Mar 24, 2022
Mattycoke:
I think that is fine as long as it's stamped and dated by the bank.

Ok thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by kaylieeb(f): 7:08pm On Mar 24, 2022
Hello house, I received a mail on Tuesday regarding my visa, but yet to get a mail for passport Collection.
How soon will that be please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Fehintolajones: 8:28pm On Mar 24, 2022
I think it takes one day to several days, depending on when TLS finish with their end, they sometimes waste alot of time.

I will say you wait it out till Monday.

Cheers

kaylieeb:
Hello house, I received a mail on Tuesday regarding my visa, but yet to get a mail for passport Collection.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ray7878: 8:34pm On Mar 24, 2022
kaylieeb:

As per UKVI you would be told to wait 15WD after a decision has already been made, if you don’t receive an email from TLS in that time then you can turn up at TLS and your passport would probably be waiting for you there.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by motunrayoo(f): 8:49pm On Mar 24, 2022
kaylieeb:
Usually it shouldn’t take longer than between 2-15days

When did you do your biometric , and did you get a mail that decision has been made on your application?

Or you sent them an email.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by BruceXavier: 11:07pm On Mar 24, 2022
Please if you applied for visit visa, opted for the keep my passport option and it's taking too long(at least past 6weeks), send a paid mail to UKVI requesting to know the status of your application. If you get a response that a decision has been made and you're asked to wait another 10 or 15 working days to be contacted by VAC, please don't waste your time waiting, simply print out a copy of that email from UKVI that states a decision has been made on your application, take it to the TLS centre with your passport. The TLSContact officials will take it from there.

This was my situation; after the stipulated processing time had elapsed, I sent a paid mail, although a decision had been made on my application, I was asked to wait 10 working days as I would be contacted by VAC, afterwards I was asked to wait 15 working days. It was when I was told to wait another 15WD that I went to TLS to complain and I got a resolution within a week
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by kaylieeb(f): 11:30pm On Mar 24, 2022
motunrayoo:

Usually it shouldn’t take longer than between 2-15days

When did you do your biometric , and did you get a mail that decision has been made on your application?

Or you sent them an email.

Yes, I got a mail on Tuesday that decision has been made
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by GraciousWords: 12:40am On Mar 25, 2022
cool
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Henny52: 1:48am On Mar 25, 2022
Hi guys, new to this forum and will really appreciate your advice.
I have 3 sisters in the UK that got indefinite leave to remain in the UK. They want to invite one of my sisters in naija. She has visited severally in the past and also had 5years visit visa but got expired and she never renewed. Now she wants to visit the UK. My sisters in the UK will take care of her accommodation and feeding. My questions:
1. Can my husband sponsor her trip to visit her sisters?
2. What are the documents she needs to provide now, its been a while she visited.
3. After quiting her job She started her own business but hasn't generated so much of a revenue to use her bank statement. Please will need advice on how she can go about this application and come out successful. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sensisosu: 3:25am On Mar 25, 2022
Good evening guys

i would like to ask a question to the house.

between the victoria island submission center and the ikeja submission center, which one is preferable and why?

thank you all in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nchabuomo: 5:19am On Mar 25, 2022
Henny52:
Hi guys, new to this forum and will really appreciate your advice.
I have 3 sisters in the UK that got indefinite leave to remain in the UK. They want to invite one of my sisters in naija. She has visited severally in the past and also had 5years visit visa but got expired and she never renewed. Now she wants to visit the UK. My sisters in the UK will take care of her accommodation and feeding. My questions:
1. Can my husband sponsor her trip to visit her sisters?
2. What are the documents she needs to provide now, its been a while she visited.
3. After quiting her job She started her own business but hasn't generated so much of a revenue to use her bank statement. Please will need advice on how she can go about this application and come out successful. Thank you.

Let one of her sisters sponsor her trip completely.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Farajobi(f): 7:37am On Mar 25, 2022
Hi guys. My UK visit visa was refused yesterday.
My application was air tight - if I do say so myself.
However, the officers reason was that he checked my employers business registration online and it was inactive. I work for a company with over 250 employees
When I checked the registration website , realized that almost all companies register before 2020 were appearing as inactive. The website isn’t updated.
Please house, what can be done in this situation ?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mattycoke: 8:26am On Mar 25, 2022
Both are preferable just that VI centre charges extra fee.
sensisosu:
Good evening guys

i would like to ask a question to the house.

between the victoria island submission center and the ikeja submission center, which one is preferable and why?

thank you all in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ray7878: 10:40am On Mar 25, 2022
Farajobi:
Hi guys. My UK visit visa was refused yesterday.
My application was air tight - if I do say so myself.
However, the officers reason was that he checked my employers business registration online and it was inactive. I work for a company with over 250 employees
When I checked the registration website , realized that almost all companies register before 2020 were appearing as inactive. The website isn’t updated.
Please house, what can be done in this situation ?

As per their reply to you they are claiming that the company are “Inactive and NOT trading” which they interpret as how can you work at a company that isn’t active? Are this company current active and they are paying you monthly wages? Have you been able to prove this? If so maybe it is their error, because there are a lot of companies whose websites aren’t currently active, that doesn’t mean they are not currently trading.

Maybe you need a letter from the trading company to prove that they are currently active and trading, show them payslips? Monies coming into your account from the said company?

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (626) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

Viewing this topic: twojul, Naijagram(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.