Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,125 members, 7,821,862 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (405) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (836728 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) ... (619) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hoover420: 12:46pm On Mar 23, 2023
Good day guys, I have been following this thread for a while & it’s been really helpful.
I intend taking Pearson Test of English academic (PTE) test for UK work visa and my test is scheduled for next week.
Does anyone have any material to prepare me for the test?
I’m new to this guys, please help me out. I don’t want to fail cry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mayjaylee: 12:54pm On Mar 23, 2023
Tutu82:

Kent here!.Please don’t send me to civic centre.

What do you mean bro,I don't get you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 1:30pm On Mar 23, 2023
Mayjaylee:

What do you mean bro,I don't get you
It is actually Mrs not Bro.Tell me sorry!.

The last person on here needed me to pick up application forms for nursery school placement in civic centre as it was down online.

It took forever and so i jokingly said don’t send me to civic centre.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mckellenkins: 1:41pm On Mar 23, 2023
thelma76:

cheesy grin grin you’re hilarious. Why would using a new passport nullify your previous denials. Unless the passport carries an entirely different identity, name and biometrics . You must think developed countries are like the Banana Republic we run in most WA countries where data and records are our biggest issues.

With this intentionally criminal act, you’re clearly deserving of all the denials you’ve gotten. Goodluck beating the system though.

I should have known from the first question. I mean, coming here to ask us if you should lie on your application (knowing fully well the “appropriate” option) is usually a red flag.
I did not change because of the denial, I only change because I needed the age to tally with my waec, transcript and NiN
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dirolad(m): 3:37pm On Mar 23, 2023
Chukdobz20:
Hi Guys, can I appeal a refusal with no right of appeal or administrative review?

I upload an expired residency permit instead of the valid one.

Can I appeal or reapply the visa.

Cc Cashmadam
dirolad
you have to reapply with the appropriate document. The judicial system works only if you are eligible and qualify for it including it wasn't your fault but the other party. This refusal was your fault not the other way. Save yourself time and money.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 4:34pm On Mar 23, 2023
dirolad:
you have to reapply with the appropriate document. The judicial system works only if you are eligible and qualify for it including it wasn't your fault but the other party. This refusal was your faulty not the other way. Save yourself time and money.

Good afternoon. I suggest you reapply as suggested.

Sorry about what happened.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Chukdobz20: 5:44pm On Mar 23, 2023
dirolad:
you have to reapply with the appropriate document. The judicial system works only if you are eligible and qualify for it including it wasn't your fault but the other party. This refusal was your faulty not the other way. Save yourself time and money.

Thanks alot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Henny52: 6:31pm On Mar 23, 2023
My siblings and I applied for a UK visitor visa for my mum to visit my sisters in the UK.
Application submitted- March 2nd
Biometrics done: 10th March
We paid for £250 for priority because one of my sisters had surgery on the 17th of March which she needed our mum present. Today is March 23rd and application is still stuck on "Application received by DMC"
What do we do please? Any advice on this. We are worried
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hoover420: 7:14pm On Mar 23, 2023
Good day Guys, Please I intend taking the Pearson Test of English academic (PTE) test for Uk work visa and my test is next week
Anyone with tip and materials to help me prepare for it will be really appreciated. This is my first time of taking the test
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by isogee: 2:10am On Mar 24, 2023
I made application on behalf of my sister 2 year old daughter. Decision was supposed to come last week friday but never came. I contacted UKVI on moday and they reply to me on tuesday saying ‘All actions on your application is now complete and you case is closed’. I replied and told them I am yet to receive any update about the application. They told me to wait 10 working day for VAC to contact me. Today I received an email from UKVI saying ‘ I can confirm that your application is void and your passport will be send to you immediately.
guys I am confused. what is the meaning of ‘void application’
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 2:15am On Mar 24, 2023
How long is visa processing taking these days?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Henny52: 3:12am On Mar 24, 2023
Please How can i contact UKVI?

isogee:
I made application on behalf of my sister 2 year old daughter. Decision was supposed to come last week friday but never came. I contacted UKVI on moday and they reply to me on tuesday saying ‘All actions on your application is now complete and you case is closed’. I replied and told them I am yet to receive any update about the application. They told me to wait 10 working day for VAC to contact me. Today I received an email from UKVI saying ‘ I can confirm that your application is void and your passport will be send to you immediately.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 4:59am On Mar 24, 2023
isogee:

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 5:11am On Mar 24, 2023
Thegamingorca:

After the biometrics, the processing time for a standard visitor visa takes an average of 3 weeks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 5:24am On Mar 24, 2023
Henny52:
Please How can i contact UKVI?

Online:
You can contact them online. It will cost you £2.74.
https://ukvi.mysecurepay.co.uk/Home

By phone:
Telephone: +44 (0)300 790 6268 - select option 1
Monday to Friday, 24 hours
Calls cost 69 pence per minute

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Horlaidey007: 5:26am On Mar 24, 2023
It’s 5 weeks already for my hubby application and still not yet treated. We did apply together and I got mine in 10days I don’t know why hubby own is taking longer than expected.

Ashirioluwa:

After the biometrics, the processing time for a standard visitor visa takes an average of 3 weeks.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 10:30am On Mar 24, 2023
Horlaidey007:
It’s 5 weeks already for my hubby application and still not yet treated. We did apply together and I got mine in 10days I don’t know why hubby own is taking longer than expected.

Ask him to contact them
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cassan(f): 12:27pm On Mar 24, 2023
Thegamingorca:

Applied for my sister’s visitors visa on the 17th of March. Priority service. She got it on the 22nd of March.

I combed through this thread for information before I made the application and one major thing I have learnt is that you must package your application very well and you will most likely get it.

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cnachy(m): 3:22pm On Mar 24, 2023
Hello, my good people, I have read through the timelines on the UK visa process and I intend traveling to the UK in July for graduation for my online Msc. The school has already sent me an invitation letter and I want to travel with my wife. Please is there anything I should take note of aside the usual documents? Please all, any advice would be greatly appreciated as I really would like to attend this event. Thank you house.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mayjaylee: 4:45pm On Mar 24, 2023
What could have happened,I was called after a week to come back to re-do biometrics ?
My people please help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 4:48pm On Mar 24, 2023
Mayjaylee:
What could have happened,I was called after a week to come back to reduce biometrics ?
My people please help

Reduce? How is that done pls?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mayjaylee: 5:00pm On Mar 24, 2023
leef2022:

Reduce? How is that done pls?

Re-do I mean
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Africankel(m): 5:14pm On Mar 24, 2023
Mayjaylee:
What could have happened,I was called after a week to come back to re-do biometrics ?
My people please help

It happens. Sometimes it could be machine failure, other times it could be as a result of poor quality. Go back and have it done.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Billijoe: 8:00pm On Mar 24, 2023
Good day guys, I want to start my visit visa application. I need to be in the Uk by ending of April. My dad is the one sponsoring my travel. He wants to sell his land to sponsor my visa, and i just heard the money is supposed to have been in your account 28days before application. Please is this true for a visit visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by EstherOA: 8:15pm On Mar 24, 2023
Hi guys!!! I will to ask if my personal bank statement? is necessary if my mom will be sponsoring for the vacation to UK this Easter. I want to apply for the visiting visa next month. My mom already has 5years visiting visa & I'll like to join her as well. Do I need to submit my own statement ?? Or/and use only hers.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by infosoftlife: 8:19pm On Mar 24, 2023
EstherOA:
Hi guys!!! I will to ask if my personal bank statement? is necessary if my mom will be sponsoring for the vacation to UK this Easter. I want to apply for the visiting visa next month. My mom already has 5years visiting visa & I'll like to join her as well. Do I need to submit my own statement ?? Or/and use only hers.

How old are you? If you are above 18, you need to add your SOA.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 8:20pm On Mar 24, 2023
Billijoe:
Good day guys, I want to start my visit visa application. I need to be in the Uk by ending of April. My dad is the one sponsoring my travel. He wants to sell his land to sponsor my visa, and i just heard the money is supposed to have been in your account 28days before application. Please is this true for a visit visa?
No ma/sir this 28 days is not the rule for visit visa
For visiting visa you should have a convincing statement of account +/- your sponsor. What you have suggested above is a mild form of account lodgement and will not work.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by infosoftlife: 8:22pm On Mar 24, 2023
Billijoe:

Sell his land to sponsor you to the UK for a 1week to 2 weeks trip so you can return back to Nigeria?
Where is the land located? I think the land piques my interest.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Billijoe: 9:04pm On Mar 24, 2023
giselle237:

No ma/sir this 28 days is not the rule for visit visa
For visiting visa you should have a convincing statement of account +/- your sponsor. What you have suggested above is a mild form of account lodgement and will not work.

Alright Sir. What kind of convincing statement of account?

(1) (2) (3) ... (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) ... (619) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: MrMagnetic and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.