Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (403) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (823336 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (610) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 8:29am On Mar 18, 2023
Ririmichael:
Good day all, please I applied for UK visitors visit although I indicated that I traveled to Dubai some years but I forgot to add that China denied me visa a few years ago. I can’t amend it now since I’ve already submitted it.
Please do you think it will be a problem? Is there any other way to tell them?

Good morning Ririmichael,

I now assume that in the section where you were asked Have you ever been refused a visa for any country you replied No?.If this is what happened then you did not forget you lied.

As to your questions,China is one of the big 5 alongside France,Russia,US, and the UK and have a network so it’s a game of chance.

If it is discovered that offence carries up to 10year travel ban,if it is not then on your subsequent application to make the disclosure is between you and your conscience.

If you now feel the need to tell them then you would have to withdraw your application and fill a new form if it’s been less than 24hrs.

I only say 24hrs as the probability your application has been moved for vetting to start after then is high.

Breathe.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Lizzy20321(f): 11:10am On Mar 18, 2023
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Lizzy20321(f): 11:25am On Mar 18, 2023
Can u please explain to me what priority visa is all about
it as long want to know if will be applying for visa before priority. .

Please I need more explanation
haaryobhami:
£250
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Lizzy20321(f): 1:27pm On Mar 18, 2023
how much is visit visa
ikaonigent:
Good afternoon my great people...
Been reading the feeds for a while now, I was able to key in to some of the info and i was able to get something tangible out of it.

Online submission ------------------ 29th December 2021
Biometrics/Ppt submission--------14th January 2022
Category--------------------------------- Visit Visa
visa status ------------------------------ Approved
Collect date----------------------------- 9th February 2022
Visa status ------------------------------ Granted

I didnt get any email form UkVI, so learn that most approved application dont get email but otherwise one will get a refusal email.

thank you all for all the kindness... im open to help in anyway i can

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Lizzy20321(f): 1:29pm On Mar 18, 2023
Please how much is uk priority visa
Newsolutions:

For Tourist Visa. It is advisable to use hotel booking for your application, you can always stay with anybody when you arrive. 2) The person might have issues with government (credit or child support issues) this you don't know and it will be used against you. I can help you with names of hotel if you tell me the location you are going to
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by infosoftlife: 4:12pm On Mar 18, 2023
Lizzy20321:
Can u please explain to me what priority visa is all about
it as long want to know if will be applying for visa before priority. .

Please I need more explanation

It takes a week or 2 days, if paid for super-priority to get a decision on your application.
But it might take longer for applicants with a refusal history.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by SpicyMimi(f): 4:16pm On Mar 18, 2023
Good afternoon fam, pls I need answers pls .
Passport expires same date or almost same date as visa expires, can the person renew her visa a month to the expiration of her passport?
Note - she is in Uk already.
Secondly, how does it takes to renew passport in Uk?

She would have renewed her passport since but was told there was no need to if she applied before it expires but she is so confused now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ririmichael: 4:29pm On Mar 18, 2023
Tutu82:

I now assume that in the section where you were asked Have you ever been refused a visa for any country you replied No?.If this is what happened then you did not forget you lied.

As to your questions,China is one of the big 5 alongside France,Russia,US, and the UK and have a network so it’s a game of chance.

If it is discovered that offence carries up to 10year travel ban,if it is not then on your subsequent application to make the disclosure is between you and your conscience.

If you now feel the need to tell them then you would have to withdraw your application and fill a new form if it’s been less than 24hrs.

I only say 24hrs as the probability your application has been moved for vetting to start after then is high.

Breathe.

Tutu82:

Breathe.

Tutu82:

Breathe.

I didn’t lie. My brother filled the application for me and I didn’t notice the error before he submitted and it’s been over 24hrs. I’m supposed to go for biometrics on Monday.
Please is there any other thing I can do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Newbiein2016: 6:12pm On Mar 18, 2023
It's better to declare all rejections and so, I'll advise you cancel and resubmit your application.

If you wish to take the risk, you could upload an additional cover letter stating this rejection, the rejection reason and why it was omitted in your application form. You will have to pay to use the assisted service however (its about NGN47,000 or thereabout - double check the exact cost on TLS site).

Ririmichael:

I didn’t lie. My brother filled the application for me and I didn’t notice the error before he submitted and it’s been over 24hrs. I’m supposed to go for biometrics on Monday.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ririmichael: 8:24pm On Mar 18, 2023
Newbiein2016:
It's better to declare all rejections and so, I'll advise you cancel and resubmit your application.

If you wish to take the risk, you could upload an additional cover letter stating this rejection, the rejection reason and why it was omitted in your application form. You will have to pay to use the assisted service however (its about NGN47,000 or thereabout - double check the exact cost on TLS site).

I already paid for the assisted service. Could you please give me a little guideline on how to write the cover letter.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 4:00am On Mar 19, 2023
haaryobhami:
residing in uk
Simply apply with the expired passport and write a cover letter explaining your reasons . You are inside the UK and applying for COS . Your passport does not get taken in the UK even if it was not expired so just write the cover letter. It will be accepted
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Newbiein2016: 7:59am On Mar 19, 2023
There are samples that have been shared on the thread. Just use those and adapt for your specific scenario.

Be advised this might not work or the visa officer might choose not to look at the cover letter. So note again that the better option is to cancel and reapply for your peace of mind.

[quote author=Ririmichael post=121856360][/quote]

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dduchess90(f): 8:01am On Mar 19, 2023
Hello

To add to this,if you have your Nigerian NI please include that as your official document, you may wish to include evidence of your passport renewal application/delivery slip to show this has been done

Cheers
giselle237:
Simply apply with the expired passport and write a cover letter explaining your reasons . You are inside the UK and applying for COS . Your passport does not get taken in the UK even if it was not expired so just write the cover letter. It will be accepted
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ayobans: 8:33am On Mar 19, 2023
Pls guru in the house , my Uk visit visa was refuse pls advice what to do , becos am about to to reapply again or how soon should I reapply again I was refuse since September 2022 pls advice me what to do

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Sylvialucy: 11:32am On Mar 19, 2023
Hi house happy sunday.i got a message dis morning from DHL dat my passport have being picked with my tracking number. But I did not get any refusal or approved message pls do I need to be scared 🥺🥺🥺
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sporch: 11:34am On Mar 19, 2023
Sylvialucy:

Congratulations dear.
Was it superior or priority

Hi guys,

I got my passport delivered to me today (i paid for courier service at the biometric center) with my visa stamped on it ooo ge ge!

Thank you all for your input on all my questions (especially on my 11 page cover letter which i eventually reduced to 8 pages grin ).

I believe the cover letter made the ECO grant me the visa, because, the only Major thing that has changed between 2019 when i got a refusal and now, is that my savings increased by 50%, every other detail remains constant.

Biometric Date: 28th February 2023 (Application was transferred to UKVI on the same day)

Venue: Ikeja Lagos

"Visa application currently under consideration" mail: 2nd March 2023

"Shipment out for delivery" mail from DHL: 13th March 2023

Passport delivery/Receipt : Today, 14thMarch 2023

"Travel document ready for collection" & "Travel document returned by courier" mail: Came in after i had received my passport (obviously smiley )

Thank you all.

Hello, wonderful people @duchess, justwise and co I have a burning concern, please. I am about to apply for a UK sponsorship visa. I was refused a visa in 2006 at the Republic of Ireland high commission in Abuja. The problem is that I don't have the refusal letter with me anymore and cannot really remember the reason why I was refused because I never knew this data would come. But I think it was due to poor proof of funds. This happened 16 years ago. So should I fill out the UK application form stating that I haven't been refused a visa to other countries before? I still have the refusal stamp and reference number on my old non-Epassort. I am confused here and don't know the best thing to do. Please help a brother in need here. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sporch: 11:45am On Mar 19, 2023
Ririmichael:

Thank you all.

[/quote]
Hello, wonderful people @duchess, justwise and co I have a burning concern, please. I am about to apply for a UK sponsorship visa. I was refused a visa in 2006 at the Republic of Ireland high commission in Abuja. The problem is that I don't have the refusal letter with me anymore and cannot really remember the reason why I was refused because I never knew this data would come. But I think it was due to poor proof of funds. This happened 16 years ago. So should I fill out the UK application form stating that I haven't been refused a visa to other countries before? I still have the refusal stamp and reference number on my old non-Epassort. I am confused here and don't know the best thing to do. Please help a brother in need here. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by infosoftlife: 12:12pm On Mar 19, 2023
Ayobans:
Pls guru in the house , my Uk visit visa was refuse pls advice what to do , becos am about to to reapply again or how soon should I reapply again I was refuse since September 2022 pls advice me what to do

What has changed?
List the documents you used in your previous application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Newbiein2016: 1:38pm On Mar 19, 2023
No reason to be confused or dishonest.

16years is a long time and circumstances have changed so complete your application truthfully with all supporting documents.

sporch:

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jayyjay: 3:28pm On Mar 19, 2023
Hello Good afternoon everyone. Please I cancelled my application on February 10th on visas-immigration.service.gov.uk and I haven't gotten any response that my request has been successful or a refund. I cancelled because some of my responses were not strong enough and I want to re -apply. Pls who has been in this condition or knows anything I can do
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Faithville: 7:07pm On Mar 19, 2023
Sylvialucy:
Hi house happy sunday.i got a message dis morning from DHL dat my passport have being picked with my tracking number. But I did not get any refusal or approved message pls do I need to be scared 🥺🥺🥺

Hi @sylvialucy. How are you? DHL sent you a message but not TLS? Wow. From my understanding, that's likely to be an approval as no refusal notice. Congratulations!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Adezworld(m): 1:30am On Mar 20, 2023
Pls does any know about UK transit visa, I have visa for the country am visiting but I will need UK transit visa to fly through UK.
Pls of you have any knowledge about it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by PMID: 7:42am On Mar 20, 2023
Good morning, pls can someone tell me the minimum amount that can be filled in as support for 2 weeks sponsorship visa? Pls see form below.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by geolan(m): 8:36am On Mar 20, 2023
Ayobans:

You stated that you have no savings. I think your refusal is crystal clear.

Also they feel you don’t have ties like properties or assets of your own.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Zambezi2020: 9:40am On Mar 20, 2023
[quote author=Ririmichael post=121856360][/quote]

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Zambezi2020: 9:42am On Mar 20, 2023
Ririmichael:
Good day all, please I applied for UK visitors visit although I indicated that I traveled to Dubai some years but I forgot to add that China denied me visa a few years ago. I can’t amend it now since I’ve already submitted it.
Please do you think it will be a problem? Is there any other way to tell them?

@giselle237 kindly come in on this.

Since he paid for self assisted service already, i feel he should just write a cover letter stating that he erroneously omitted the visa refusal from China, then state the refusal date. Then submit at TLS as part of documents to be uploaded with his application. I see no point in cancelling his application for that reason, honestly.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by PMID: 9:59am On Mar 20, 2023
Pls am begging can someone respond to my question, how much is the minimum amont needed to be in my account if someone in the UK is sponsoring with accommodation, feeding and travel ticket?

And how much minimum should the sponsor in the Uk have as savings? Pls it's urgent
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 11:06am On Mar 20, 2023
Zambezi2020:

@giselle237 kindly come in on this.
Since he paid for self assisted service already, i feel he should just write a cover letter stating that he erroneously omitted the visa refusal from China, then state the refusal date. Then submit at TLS as part of documents to be uploaded with his application. I see no point in cancelling his application for that reason, honestly.
I agree
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Anbandaras: 11:40am On Mar 20, 2023
Good Morning house,can someone please help me template of writing letter of introduction for visit Visa?thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 1:01pm On Mar 20, 2023
PMID:
Pls am begging can someone respond to my question, how much is the minimum amont needed to be in my account if someone in the UK is sponsoring with accommodation, feeding and travel ticket?

And how much minimum should the sponsor in the Uk have as savings? Pls it's urgent

There is no maximum amount,the rule of thumb for minimum is can it cover your bills without you seeking recourse to public funds and still have savings left.Cost everything and therein lies your answer.

Also if someone outside your immediate family is sponsoring Acc/feeding /travel and you are an adult it does not seem straightforward.

Do the maths.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mosesadio: 5:05pm On Mar 20, 2023
Good afternoon mates.
Please has anyone else received a second mail below from DMC? And what does it mean?
--------
Thank you for your visa/entry clearance application which has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days and settlement applications within 60 working days (unless you have opted for a Priority Visa service).

We are unable to resolve your application within these customer service targets, due to operational restrictions. Please be assured that we will continue to progress your application to enable a decision to be made as soon as possible.

Please do not attend the application centre until you have been contacted by the VAC.

Kind regards
Croydon DMC

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (610) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.