Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,475 members, 7,850,637 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:36 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (409) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (869250 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) ... (634) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jfwesh1: 4:17pm On Mar 31, 2023
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by LATECH2K23: 4:48pm On Mar 31, 2023
Hello house,
Please there’s something baffling me
I’m a male of 27 years old but my dependent wife is my wife is 12 years older than me she’s 39 years
We got married last two years

Please will that be a problem for me at the visa process or not
But she’s my wife and not an arranged marriage
We’ve bee together since 2018 but just married December 2020
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 4:57pm On Mar 31, 2023
LATECH2K23:
Hello house,
Please there’s something baffling me
I’m a male of 27 years old but my dependent wife is my wife is 12 years older than me she’s 39 years
We got married last two years

Please will that be a problem for me at the visa process or not
But she’s my wife and not an arranged marriage
We’ve bee together since 2018 but just married December 2020

Age has nothing to do with marriage as far as it’s above the legal limit of 18.

It is also not a problem factor in an application so far the required documents are submitted.

The fact that you had to ask makes me wonder…

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by LATECH2K23: 5:04pm On Mar 31, 2023
[quote author=Tutu82 post=122200415]

Age has nothing to do with marriage as far as it’s above the legal limit of 18.

It is also not a problem factor in an application so far the required documents are submitted.

The fact that you had to ask makes me wonder…[/quote

I actually asked because her being the female 12 years older than me
So that they won’t think it’s a staged wedding
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 5:11pm On Mar 31, 2023
Jfwesh1:
To the experts in here, please an advice needed.

I’m currently unemployed but i have someone that sends me money to my domiciliary account regularly from abroad but i don’t want to use the Dom account statement for visa processing rather my Naira saving account. But the issue is there are some large deposits that reflects on the account which only comes in when i changed my dollars to Naira through my exchange agent.

I understand one of the reasons ECO gives for refusal sometimes is large unexplained deposits that reflects in an account.

Although i just started a business and got it registered under CAC, and i also have some landed properties documents and marriage certificate with my spouse which i believe would be some supporting documents.

I have converted and saved some money to my Naira account which i want to use but how do i explain how the money came about?

Remember it’s only when i changed some dollars large deposits comes into my account.

Currently i have 7.1 million in my savings account which is £12,435.7 as of today on Oanda.com but how do i explain where the money comes from?
*Note: My savings is mine and my expenses are different monthly, how do i explain where it says how much i spent in a month and how much i earn, the money i receives is not a basic amount too it comes in different amounts anytime.

Attached SOA is when last i requested my statement of account and ever since then i stopped withdrawing much to be able to save but the statement shows how money keeps coming in and going out with all my expenses even for the last one year if they need a year statement.
Thanks

It smells like a refusal already as you have to explain the source of the money which you don’t want to(ie foreign currency that you convert into Naira).

When you stop withdrawing you make your account looked fixed and £12k is quite a bit of money for someone who is unemployed.
I would advise;
A.Get yourself employed.
OR
B.Run your company account for another 3-6 months so it generates “verifiable income” and pay yourself a certain amount monthly.
OR
C.Include the Domiciliary account and the person who sends in money regularly as a sponsor.

Landed property and marriage certificate show ties to Nigeria but is no proof that you would not seek recourse to public funds.I hope this helps.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 5:13pm On Mar 31, 2023
[quote author=LATECH2K23 post=122200561][/quote]
I still fail to understand why it would be deemed a a staged marriage”.
Search yourself on why you are so bothered about age difference,then read up on the sort of visa you want and submit your documents.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Segun889: 7:06pm On Mar 31, 2023
hounta2:
Please I just graduated from school and I've been sent an invitation by the British Army to come for my assessment but I dont have heavy statement of Account...please can I use someone's else bank statement or what can I do?

You don’t need a heavy bank statement for visa application if your application is genuine. However, you do need to show your travel expenses and that you can sustain yourself when you are in the country. In your case, since it’s for an assessment, indicate your trip if for a week for example. If you have where to stay, then it’s even better as you wouldn’t need to show proof you can afford accommodation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hounta2: 7:15pm On Mar 31, 2023
Segun889:

You don’t need a heavy bank statement for visa application if your application is genuine. However, you do need to show your travel expenses and that you can sustain yourself when you are in the country. In your case, since it’s for an assessment, indicate your trip if for a week for example. If you have where to stay, then it’s even better as you wouldn’t need to show proof you can afford accommodation

Please sir, can I have your email so I can mail you directly?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Segun889: 7:22pm On Mar 31, 2023
hounta2:

Please sir, can I have your email so I can mail you directly?

you already emailed me i believe
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by CaseSensitive(m): 10:24pm On Mar 31, 2023
Hello all,

Please can I get some help. Casesensitive will like to invite his mum to the UK for a few months and he will be supporting the applicant financially throughout the process and her anticipated stay. Casesensitive is British, so is partner and child (applicant's grandchild) If that counts. Combined household income north of £60K. He's never done this before and will like to eliminate every reasons for refusal. What will casesensitive/applicant need to make this possible. Your advise is, in advance, greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 2:52am On Apr 01, 2023
CaseSensitive:
Hello all,

Please can I get some help. Casesensitive will like to invite his mum to the UK for a few months and he will be supporting the applicant financially throughout the process and her anticipated stay. Casesensitive is British, so is partner and child (applicant's grandchild) If that counts. Combined household income north of £60K. He's never done this before and will like to eliminate every reasons for refusal. What will casesensitive/applicant need to make this possible. Your advise is, in advance, greatly appreciated.
Casesensitive should now take time to read up on this thread as that is what the entire pages are about.How to go about a visa application, and your scenario has been explained multiple times.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 8:21am On Apr 01, 2023
CaseSensitive:
Hello all,

Why are you talking about yourself in 3rd person tho?

grin this your smeagol vibes are hilarious
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 8:22am On Apr 01, 2023
Tutu82:

Casesensitive should now take time to read up on this thread as that is what the entire pages are about.How to go about a visa application, and your scenario has been explained multiple times.

Lmfao grin

You tried but still used "your"
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 01, 2023
Thegamingorca:

Lmfao grin

You tried but still used "your"
Notice the full stop before a new sentence i had finished that bit of speech in which i was speaking in third person.
I am happy to have entertained you.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 10:10am On Apr 01, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Billijoe: 11:02am On Apr 01, 2023
Please do the do interviews for visiting visa application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by LaShawn: 11:41am On Apr 01, 2023
Segun889:

You're welcome. attach your tenancy agreement. you can attach your payslip or bank statement. PS: although it's good if you submit your payslip or bank statement, it wouldn't necessarily be a cause for rejection. Make sure she also submits are regular bank statement to evidence she can afford her flight ticket.

My dad stated in his financial consent letter that he would be the one to pay for her flight ticket and her pocket money. That is why I wanted to know how much she could put down as her spending money out of the statement containing 3m.

For me, I don't have a regular job because my professional course leaves me with little time to work due to placements and I have childcare too. I managed to do some hours earlier in the year, but that's about it. Though I have a mutual funds account in Nigeria, can I present that?

In view of the information, like what percentage of the statement can she present as her spending money?

Thanks as I await your kind response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by CaseSensitive(m): 12:47pm On Apr 01, 2023
Tutu82:

Tutu82, thank you smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 3:14pm On Apr 01, 2023
https://www.nairaland.com/7267459/uk-student-visa-tier-4
Dolakinz:
Hello fam. Please I am new to U.K process. I just got my Admission. I am trying to get the necessary information on how to make the Tuition payment and all other processes.
I would appreciate if I can get added to WhatsApp groups too
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by geolan(m): 6:06pm On Apr 01, 2023
Tutu82:

I still fail to understand why it would be deemed a a staged marriage”.
Search yourself on why you are so bothered about age difference,then read up on the sort of visa you want and submit your documents.

There is something he isn’t saying. Cos marrying older women is rampant abroad so I don’t see why the VO will see that as a problem since it’s nothing over there
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 6:35pm On Apr 01, 2023
geolan:

There is something he isn’t saying. Cos marrying older women is rampant abroad so I don’t see why the VO will see that as a problem since it’s nothing over there
Right.I read you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by LaShawn: 11:15pm On Apr 01, 2023
Hellllloooooo!

Please help me guys!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by oselokak: 6:40pm On Apr 02, 2023
Pls can someone help me with the link for making payment.
I'm yet to submit my form though
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by LaShawn: 7:09pm On Apr 02, 2023
Good evening all. Please am I allowed to fill the visa application for my mum? Does she need to give me a written permission? Because I learnt there is a declaration now asking if it is the owner filling the form for themselves or if there is someone else filling it for them.
I am just apprehensive because if I fill it, it will be faster as my mum is not too computer savvy, but with help, she will fill it by herself (she can type well).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Segun889: 7:42pm On Apr 02, 2023
LaShawn:

It’s okay if her husband is covering the cost. So you need to check the average cost of flight to uk at the moment (eg £600 and extra £300-400 for stipend depending on how long she is staying there). If she isn’t going shopping, 3M (approx £5232) will appear as a lot. Remember, to use oanda to calculate estimates.

My dad stated in his financial consent letter that he would be the one to pay for her flight ticket and her pocket money. That is why I wanted to know how much she could put down as her spending money out of the statement containing 3m.

For me, I don't have a regular job because my professional course leaves me with little time to work due to placements and I have childcare too. I managed to do some hours earlier in the year, but that's about it. Though I have a mutual funds account in Nigeria, can I present that?

In view of the information, like what percentage of the statement can she present as her spending money?

Thanks as I await your kind response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Segun889: 7:47pm On Apr 02, 2023
YES you can help your mum complete her application and You don’t need a written permission to help her do so.

LaShawn:
Good evening all. Please am I allowed to fill the visa application for my mum? Does she need to give me a written permission? Because I learnt there is a declaration now asking if it is the owner filling the form for themselves or if there is someone else filling it for them.
I am just apprehensive because if I fill it, it will be faster as my mum is not too computer savvy, but with help, she will fill it by herself (she can type well).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Segun889: 7:50pm On Apr 02, 2023
oselokak:
Pls can someone help me with the link for making payment.
I'm yet to submit my form though

I’m not sure what link you’re asking about but if it’s for visa application, your form will take you to the page where you should make payment.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Chudycharles: 10:49pm On Apr 02, 2023
Good everyone, I have been hearing people sharing how this thread has helped them in getting their visas approved. Please I want to bring my mum to the UK and I am on a skilled worker dependant visa. Now my first question is, will it best for me to invite her myself or my wife. Thanks for your appreciated answer.

(1) (2) (3) ... (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) ... (634) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

Viewing this topic: Arise01 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.