Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (431) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (834715 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by infosoftlife: 10:09am On May 04, 2023
hunee:

Tutu Tutu. Easy o , but if it is true, then , we are saying same . They are just floor members , they can not influence, well said. grin

THEY PLAY grin

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by infosoftlife: 10:12am On May 04, 2023
mamawa123:

She believes her situation has changed.

She was denied because they claimed they couldn’t establish any relationship between her and our uncle, who wanted to sponsor the trip. She and my uncle’s daughter were supposed to travel to meet with our uncle who was traveling to UK from the US.

Also, I used my bank account to support her last application but she will not need that anymore.

Now she wants to apply by herself and travel alone. She will sponsor the trip 100% herself. Her account balance shows about 3.1 million.

She was denied in 2021 and recently in February 2023.

Are you the uncle? Who is she(applicant) to you?? This will explain @ bolded.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mamawa123: 11:13am On May 04, 2023
infosoftlife:

Are you the uncle? Who is she(applicant) to you?? This will explain @ bolded.

She’s my sister. I gave her my statement because her account balance when she applied early this year was a little above 2 million. We thought the money was too small. She included my statement because she stated in the application that I promised to give her £400.

My uncle that they supposed to travel together lives in the US. My uncle promised to pay towards the cost of the trip too.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Yhemitz: 12:25pm On May 04, 2023
Testimony alert!!! !!! !!!

Dependent visa
Bio : 25th April 2023
TLS Abuja
Collection mail : 02 May 2022
BRP mail : 04 May 2023
DHL delivered :04 May 2023
Vignette showing my big head!!!😊😊

I can't wait to see my wife. Appreciate this group. Pray works oooo, first traveling record out Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by oyoirabor: 3:38pm On May 04, 2023
Yhemitz:
Dear Customer,

Your travel document (and supporting documents, if applicable) are now ready for collection at the TLScontact Visa Application Centre, Abuja. Please carefully read the below instructions to retrieve your documents.

If you have made more than one application at the same time using the same email address, please wait until you have received email confirmations for each application before visiting this Visa Application Centre to collect your documents.
Collection in person

Please come with all of the following:

Your Original TLScontact Application Checklist
Your Original Photographic ID
Copy of Your Photographic ID
Copy of birth certificate (if collecting for your minor child) *
Collecting using a representative

It is not possible for a third party to collect the documents on behalf of an applicant, except in the following cases:

A parent collecting for a dependent child (where child is below 18);
Applicants 65 years and above (with already issued proxy form obtained during submission);
One member of a family group collecting the passports for the whole family, if applied together;
Government Ministry representatives and Business Network company representative, prior approved by the British High Commission and the company’s authorized signatories with a letter of introduction and a company ID card.
Please note that all third party collections above will require a means of national identification e.g. International Passport, National ID Card, Driver’s License.

IMPORTANT: If any of the above documents are missing, your representative will not be allowed to retrieve your travel document.

*In compliance with the Children Protection Act

You can check collection times and the centre address on the address and opening hours page. You are advised to make prompt arrangements to collect your documents from the Visa Application Centre as TLScontact is only able to hold them for a limited time. If you fail to collect your documents, they will be passed to UK Visas and Immigration, who will return them to the issuing authority.

Return by Courier

If you have already purchased the Courier service, your documents will be dispatched within 24 business hours from their receipt to be sent back to you by courier. You will receive a further email explaining the tracking process.

You can track the progress of your visa application by connecting to your account via GOV.UK.

God's Great oooo, the mail I received yesterday with my courier mail immediately after this mail. Expecting my passport tomorrow by God's Grace. #Perfect till the end lord

Got a similar mail like this today. Does this mean my application was successful?

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Yhemitz: 3:40pm On May 04, 2023
oyoirabor:

Got a similar mail like this today. Does this mean my application was successful?

If they didn't send you any refusal mail. It's successful with my own experience

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by oyoirabor: 3:48pm On May 04, 2023
Yhemitz:

If they didn't send you any refusal mail. It's successful with my own experience

Thanks a lot!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Sefunmi012(f): 3:54pm On May 04, 2023
Thanks @AmeliaT

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Yhemitz: 5:01pm On May 04, 2023
Please where can I get Police Character certificate in Ibadan and the price .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oggg: 5:18pm On May 04, 2023
Yhemitz:
Please where can I get Police Character certificate in Ibadan and the price .
is everything not now online via the possap website?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Yhemitz: 6:13pm On May 04, 2023
Oggg:
is everything not now online via the possap website?

I don't know, just asking.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oggg: 7:01pm On May 04, 2023
Yhemitz:

I don't know, just asking.
it’s via possap.
Just type and search nairaland and you will see all the explanations

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 8:49pm On May 04, 2023
Tutu82:

I have zero reason to say what is untrue and your conditional clause “If it is true” makes me feel a certain way.

Na god of truth you be way man no fit doubt.?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by infosoftlife: 8:54pm On May 04, 2023
mamawa123:

She’s my sister. I gave her my statement because her account balance when she applied early this year was a little above 2 million. We thought the money was too small. She included my statement because she stated in the application that I promised to give her £400.

My uncle that they supposed to travel together lives in the US. My uncle promised to pay towards the cost of the trip too.

You just confused the ECO with @ bolded.
If the Uncle is sponsoring the trip, there is no need to include your account statement.
Try as much as possible to keep your application straightforward.
These officers are human beings and not AI. They are trained to treat all applicants as potential immigrants, and it's your job to convince them you are not.
Remember, they have many applications to attend to, and you don't expect them to waste time assuming for you when they are already trained to see things in black and white.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by detiosa(m): 9:04am On May 05, 2023
infosoftlife:

If the Uncle is sponsoring the trip, there is no need to include your account statement.
These officers are human beings and not AI. They are trained to treat all applicants as potential immigrants, and it's your job to convince them you are not.
Remember, they have many applications to attend to, and you don't expect them to waste time assuming for you when they are already trained to see things in black and white.

Hello, I’m applying for a family visa for the first time to meet my mom in the uk. She has been living there for almost 14years now…
I turned 18 in February and I would be happy to be directed on the things I need to do or the documents I have to gather to get my visa application approved… this is my first time please your help or assistance would be greatly appreciated…
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ycombe: 10:12am On May 05, 2023
UK VISA ALERT!! Single mother (26) with a child (5)

Category: Visit
Biometrics: 18th April 2023
Collection email: 2nd May 2023
Picked up : 5th May 2023

Visas granted for I and my child. God be praised!!

8 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by detiosa(m): 10:16am On May 05, 2023
Ycombe:
UK VISA ALERT!! Single mother (26) with a child (5)

Category: Visit
Biometrics: 18th April 2023
Collection email: 2nd May 2023
Picked up : 5th May 2023

Visas granted for I and my child. God be praised!!
Congratulations
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by detiosa(m): 10:17am On May 05, 2023
detiosa:
Hello, I’m applying for a family visa for the first time to meet my mom in the uk. She has been living there for almost 14years now…
I turned 18 in February and I would be happy to be directed on the things I need to do or the documents I have to gather to get my visa application approved… this is my first time please your help or assistance would be greatly appreciated…
Please I need proper guidance before I start the visa application process… thanks once again….
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ycombe: 10:24am On May 05, 2023
Thank you Detiosa 🙏

detiosa:

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mamawa123: 11:22am On May 05, 2023
infosoftlife:

She wants to reapply now using only her bank statement. No one is sponsoring her and she has no family member in the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Horlaidey007: 11:29am On May 05, 2023
I see advert going about on how you can use your Uk/ US visa to process Visa for Qatar. Anyone has any Information that can help?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 1:23pm On May 05, 2023
Cleo18:
Hello,

I am applying for a school in UK, I would need dependents.
First, who can provide a proof of funds with about N25million statement of account?
If you can, then you can be tagged as a dependent in the visa.

Please express your interest if you consider this.

If interested, please leave with me your email and I will reach out to you immediately.
Only the statement of the account showing you have sufficient funds would be needed for now.
Thank you.

shocked

Nah 25 million be the money now?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Bmuhd4smile: 2:31pm On May 05, 2023
dayounce:
Good evening everyone. Please i got a rejection last month but yet to get the passport collection email from tls and I need my passport for another visa application. The tracker says the passport is still with at the DMC since last month. Please how can i go about retrieving my passport.

I suggest you call the UKVI complain line.

‪+44 300 790 6268‬
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by bucksguy: 3:03pm On May 05, 2023
Hello All,

Please if you have TLS Abuja phone number kindly share.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by yemmywesey(m): 6:59pm On May 05, 2023
mamawa123:

The answer is yes.

If you are traveling from Nigeria to the UK and have a connecting flight at any airport in the Schengen area, you will need a transit visa unless you have a diplomatic passport, a valid visa or residency permit issued by any Schengen nations, Canada, Japan, or the United States.

Which airline is transit visa free
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by infosoftlife: 7:24pm On May 05, 2023
mamawa123:

She wants to reapply now using only her bank statement. No one is sponsoring her and she has no family member in the UK.

That's why @ TUTU asked you what has changed.
What's her tie to Nigeria now??

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by infosoftlife: 7:30pm On May 05, 2023
detiosa:

Are you a student?
You have a stronger tie to the UK (Mom).
So, how can you convince the ECO that you are not an immigrant and you wouldn't misuse this visa if granted?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by virtuosoR: 10:19pm On May 05, 2023
I am new here and I would appreciate if you put me through.

I have a girlfriend in the UK on tier 2 healthcare visa (I have never seen her physically before) and I am willing to join her there. What are the processes and how do I go about this?

Thank you all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AmeliaT: 12:57am On May 06, 2023
Hi,

Sorry about this. The entire application was complex and confusing.

When you say uncle- Your mum or dad's brother? Otherwise, that is not an uncle. I'm British/Nigerian who grew up in England; married to a Nigerian and we do not refer to extended family members as uncles. I know it is common in African and Asian culture.
If truly, the man is her uncle, then his daughter is her cousin; not niece. Again, we are confusing ECOs with all our contradictory language and terms.
Your uncle is sponsoring, you are sponsoring. Why? Then suddenly, 3 months after rejection is able to sponsor herself. How did her account balance grow from 2m-3m in 3 months when her salary is 250k and is expected to spend out of it.

Please be very careful. There is absolutely no rush. My advice:

1. They should initially arrange a trip to meet elsewhere e.g. Kenya, Morocco, Rwanda etc. Places with easier reach Visas. They can then use this to set precedence as proof of family vacationing.
2. After some time, she should re apply, sponsoring herself.
3. She should include details proving that the uncle is her parent's sibling using birth certificates, family pictures from baby hood et al.
4. She needs to establish proof of guardianship of the cousin. Show letters from school, tuition fee payments and the cousin's birth certificate to show that the uncle is her dad.
5. Concerning her finances, she needs to be conscious that her salary is 250k a month and so, it could be tricky. That is less than minimum wage in the UK. This is my typical guide:
A. Do not resort to inflation, sending through large deposits within the six-month period.
B. Spend as you normally would in your personal account, leaving some each month so that is accumulated to a healthy balance.
C. Review the statement first before you indicate your income, expenditure, and budget. Make sure the annual income matches the statement income. Annual income should ideally be X2 of your 6month statement. The expenditure should also follow the same principles.
D. Budget for the trip should ideally not exceed 2 months’ income (in her case, that is 500k which can't even pay for a ticket). There is no hard and fast rule about this, but people have been rejected for a budget that was X4 their monthly income because to a conservative British ECO, it doesn't make sense that anyone would invest such capital expenditure in just a holiday and return.
E Ensure the budget covers your entire trip. Breakdown flight, accommodation, food, transport and a little bit for shopping and entertainment (not mandatory). Below is my personal basic budget guide which I came up with myself and is by no means prescriptive, but you can review, and tweak as needed. This will help guide to ensure your budget, length of trip and available balance are all in sync.
Flight- £1064
Accommodation- £50/Day (unless you’re staying with a friend or family member)
Food- £20/day
Transport- £10-15/day

Optional
Shopping- Variable
Entertainment- Variable
F I personally advise that you try to ensure that the available balance in your account is 2X the budget for the trip. Because they expect that you have funds to go back to when you get back home. So, you can use your available balance to work backwards to see the budget you have available for the trip and therefore the number of days you can afford to stay. Others have gotten their visa with a 500k balance but it’s better safe than sorry.
G There should be no unexplained deposits or large inflows. An account balance that is not in sync with monthly salary will be questioned.
H She better include proof of work, payslips, confirmation letter from the company and the leave approval letter matching the exact dates requested on the Visa. No variance. A senior manager friend of mine at multinational got rejected for that little mistake.

These are my thoughts and of course there have been exceptions to the rules, both positive and negative. All the best!
mamawa123:

She believes her situation has changed.

She was denied because they claimed they couldn’t establish any relationship between her and our uncle, who wanted to sponsor the trip. She and my uncle’s daughter were supposed to travel to meet with our uncle who was traveling to UK from the US.

Also, I used my bank account to support her last application but she will not need that anymore.

Now she wants to apply by herself and travel alone. She will sponsor the trip 100% herself. Her account balance shows about 3.1 million.

She was denied in 2021 and recently in February 2023.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mamawa123: 2:11am On May 06, 2023
AmeliaT:
Hi,

Sorry about this. The entire application was complex and confusing.

When you say uncle- Your mum or dad's brother? Otherwise, that is not an uncle. I'm British/Nigerian who grew up in England; married to a Nigerian and we do not refer to extended family members as uncles. I know it is common in African and Asian culture.
If truly, the man is her uncle, then his daughter is her cousin; not niece. Again, we are confusing ECOs with all our contradictory language and terms.
Your uncle is sponsoring, you are sponsoring. Why? Then suddenly, 3 months after rejection is able to sponsor herself. How did her account balance grow from 2m-3m in 3 months when her salary is 250k and is expected to spend out of it.

Please be very careful. There is absolutely no rush. My advice:

1. They should initially arrange a trip to meet elsewhere e.g. Kenya, Morocco, Rwanda etc. Places with easier reach Visas. They can then use this to set precedence as proof of family vacationing.
2. After some time, she should re apply, sponsoring herself.
3. She should include details proving that the uncle is her parent's sibling using birth certificates, family pictures from baby hood et al.
4. She needs to establish proof of guardianship of the cousin. Show letters from school, tuition fee payments and the cousin's birth certificate to show that the uncle is her dad.
5. Concerning her finances, she needs to be conscious that her salary is 250k a month and so, it could be tricky. That is less than minimum wage in the UK. This is my typical guide:
A. Do not resort to inflation, sending through large deposits within the six-month period.
B. Spend as you normally would in your personal account, leaving some each month so that is accumulated to a healthy balance.
C. Review the statement first before you indicate your income, expenditure, and budget. Make sure the annual income matches the statement income. Annual income should ideally be X2 of your 6month statement. The expenditure should also follow the same principles.
D. Budget for the trip should ideally not exceed 2 months’ income (in her case, that is 500k which can't even pay for a ticket). There is no hard and fast rule about this, but people have been rejected for a budget that was X4 their monthly income because to a conservative British ECO, it doesn't make sense that anyone would invest such capital expenditure in just a holiday and return.
E Ensure the budget covers your entire trip. Breakdown flight, accommodation, food, transport and a little bit for shopping and entertainment (not mandatory). Below is my personal basic budget guide which I came up with myself and is by no means prescriptive, but you can review, and tweak as needed. This will help guide to ensure your budget, length of trip and available balance are all in sync.
Flight- £1064
Accommodation- £50/Day (unless you’re staying with a friend or family member)
Food- £20/day
Transport- £10-15/day

Optional
Shopping- Variable
Entertainment- Variable
F I personally advise that you try to ensure that the available balance in your account is 2X the budget for the trip. Because they expect that you have funds to go back to when you get back home. So, you can use your available balance to work backwards to see the budget you have available for the trip and therefore the number of days you can afford to stay. Others have gotten their visa with a 500k balance but it’s better safe than sorry.
G There should be no unexplained deposits or large inflows. An account balance that is not in sync with monthly salary will be questioned.
H She better include proof of work, payslips, confirmation letter from the company and the leave approval letter matching the exact dates requested on the Visa. No variance. A senior manager friend of mine at multinational got rejected for that little mistake.

These are my thoughts and of course there have been exceptions to the rules, both positive and negative. All the best!

Thank you very much.

(1) (2) (3) ... (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) ... (618) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: Blessedsteph, Sunnywhite0027(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.