Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,120 members, 7,811,148 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:53 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (434) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (824340 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) ... (611) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by infosoftlife: 10:15am On May 11, 2023
alexisblessed:
Abeg someone should help oh! I keep asking but no replies sad cry
How do i pay for UK visa fees? I finished filling my form over 2wks ago but don't know how to pay. I tried using my Gtbank card but didn't work, i got my cousin to use her foreign dollar visa card but still not working. Pls what do i do?

HMMM....could this be the handwork of your village people (pun intended).
Tell your cousin to try again after confirming the account balance in the card.
Is your GTB card a naira or dollar card ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Abiscoco: 12:39pm On May 11, 2023
Hello

Does everyone know if UKVI still sends refusal emails before you get your passport?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Shadybeauty: 1:59pm On May 11, 2023
use a dollar master card
alexisblessed:
Abeg someone should help oh! I keep asking but no replies sad cry
How do i pay for UK visa fees? I finished filling my form over 2wks ago but don't know how to pay. I tried using my Gtbank card but didn't work, i got my cousin to use her foreign dollar visa card but still not working. Pls what do i do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Shadybeauty: 2:00pm On May 11, 2023
yes
Abiscoco:
Hello

Does everyone know if UKVI still sends refusal emails before you get your passport?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mekanta7(m): 3:02pm On May 11, 2023
Hello my people... please i need guideline on applying for a 2years visa. I've travelled to the UK last year, where I spent 4months but on my application, I stated that I will be staying for 2weeks. On this new application, is it mandatory that I explain the reason why I stayed 4months instead of 2weeks or should I let it slide.

@giselle237
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by alert20: 4:58pm On May 11, 2023
[quote author=mekanta7 post=123073824]

[/b]Same procedure you use when you apply for the 6months visit, however you need to explain why you spent a whole 4months on your first visit instead of 2weeks as stated on your application form....[b]

You need to convince the Eco why you stay that long, mind you you are entitled to stay up to 6months on each visit but, if you are truly working here you could have stayed atleast a month and come back...✌️✌️
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by DrOBD(m): 6:33pm On May 11, 2023
Jobakemz:
Hi everyone,
Please I have an issue here. My dad's 6 months visa was just approved and collected yesterday after almost 3montgs of waiting.
However he received a refusal mail also yesterday.
The UK vignette is already on his passport and shows 25-09-2022 till a date in march.
The date on refusal letter shows 10-10-2022. Which probably means someone else checked the application. Errors were also noted on the refusal letter, such as account balances.
Please any ideas on way forward or do we just ignore.

How did you resolve this issue??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by alexisblessed: 7:44pm On May 11, 2023
infosoftlife:

HMMM....could this be the handwork of your village people (pun intended).
Tell your cousin to try again after confirming the account balance in the card.
Is your GTB card a naira or dollar card ?

It's a naira card oh
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by alexisblessed: 7:46pm On May 11, 2023
Shadybeauty:
use a dollar master card

So a visa card doesn't work with it? All these thousands of Nigerians applying for UK visa...what do they use? Does every one of them have a dollar card?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 8:01pm On May 11, 2023
Hi, Proceed with your payment using a dollar card. Save time
alexisblessed:

So a visa card doesn't work with it? All these thousands of Nigerians applying for UK visa...what do they use? Does every one of them have a dollar card?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ucarelaundry: 8:09pm On May 11, 2023
Most people pay extra charges to those who posses the dollar card to help them pay. Not everyone has access to dollar card.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 8:31pm On May 11, 2023
ucarelaundry:
Most people pay extra charges to those who posses the dollar card to help them pay. Not everyone has access to dollar card.

I got mine with ease.

steps
- Visit your prefered bank
- Request to open a dorm account
- Fund it and get your card.
- Be informed , a separate card account number will be given to you to enable card payments and withdrawals.
Anytime you want to make payments or receive withdrawals with the card, it has to be funded from your dollar dorm account.

Funding has timings , contact your bank for more information.

The entire process took 5days, and i got the card paying 13 usd, 14 cents.

Goodluck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sammiy: 12:32am On May 12, 2023
Hello everyone, I want to apply 5years visa after the expiration of my 6months visa. What are the chances of a success?

I used the 6months visa once.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by NIKEDEEDS(m): 3:23am On May 12, 2023
Please who was debited by fidelity recently for Form A.

My form A has been pending since January 05, 2023..

I need to confirm the month they are currently processing
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 5:07am On May 12, 2023
julzz:
Please can I select assisted service appointment and still upload documents myself?

No you can not
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 5:46am On May 12, 2023
NIKEDEEDS:
Please who was debited by fidelity recently for Form A.

My form A has been pending since January 05, 2023..

I need to confirm the month they are currently processing

FORM A FOR PTA?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by DrOBD(m): 6:47am On May 12, 2023
Gettipro:
Good morning Nairalanders. I got this email yesterday. How long would it take for me to get a mail from TLS after this email below? I didn't get a mail to know if the visa was approved or refused. What could be the likely decision?

Dear..

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.

With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, our records indicate a decision has been made on your application. We cannot discuss the outcome of your application on-line or by telephone.

If your visa has been granted, a visa vignette (sticker) will be stuck inside your passport with 3 months validity (from the start of your visa) to travel.

You will be contacted by VFS/TLS when your passport is ready for collection, or delivery of your passport.

Please do not attend the VAC until you have been contacted as you won’t be able to collect your passport until it is ready.

We strongly recommend that you do not buy a non-refundable, non-flexible ticket to the UK, until your visa application has been approved and you have received your documents.

Please note the information given to you on the progress of an application is dependent on the details you provide, and we can only provide the progress updates based on the application reference number given.

We do not have access to specific case information and so progress updates could be subject to change. Please wait for formal contact or a decision letter before taking any further steps.

Did you get the visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mekanta7(m): 7:07am On May 12, 2023
mekanta7:
Hello my people... please i need guideline on applying for a 2years visa. I've travelled to the UK last year, where I spent 4months but on my application, I stated that I will be staying for 2weeks. On this new application, is it mandatory that I explain the reason why I stayed 4months instead of 2weeks or should I let it slide.

@giselle237

Please fam, can somebody help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jaja01(m): 8:08am On May 12, 2023
Good morning everyone,
Please I want to know if I would need to do covid-19 test and if yes, where can I do it in Lagos that is recognized... Please I really need an answer as my flight to Manchester is on Monday (15/05/2023)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Africankel(m): 8:34am On May 12, 2023
Jaja01:
Good morning everyone,
Please I want to know if I would need to do covid-19 test and if yes, where can I do it in Lagos that is recognized... Please I really need an answer as my flight to Manchester is on Monday (15/05/2023)

Not required
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jaja01(m): 9:09am On May 12, 2023
Okay...Thanks for the response
Africankel:

Not required
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Shadybeauty: 10:38am On May 12, 2023
Good morning, please a friend have done is biometric and awaiting decision for a visit visa. is it safe to withdraw the money in his account?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by MendeZ(m): 11:28am On May 12, 2023
Please when traveling to the UK on a three years visa is it allowed that I book a one way ticket only?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mimilyrics: 11:55am On May 12, 2023
If it's a visa that allows you to live and work in the UK, yes but if it is a visit visa, no.
MendeZ:
Please when traveling to the UK on a three years visa is it allowed that I book a one way ticket only?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mimilyrics: 11:56am On May 12, 2023
Better to leave it till a decision is made.
Shadybeauty:
Good morning, please a friend have done is biometric and awaiting decision for a visit visa. is it safe to withdraw the money in his account?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by MendeZ(m): 12:00pm On May 12, 2023
mimilyrics:
If it's a visa that allows you to live and work in the UK, yes but if it is a visit visa, no.

Thank you very much

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mhizore: 3:06pm On May 12, 2023
Applied for 2years visa April 26th.
Biometric- 28th.
Got a mail yesterday.
Picked up my 2yrs visa today.

All the posts helped. Thanks Guys.

5 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Femaleoutfit: 3:41pm On May 12, 2023
Congratulations
mhizore:
Biometric- 28th.
Got a mail yesterday.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by XYZJAZZY: 7:58pm On May 12, 2023
Please is it a priority visa application or standard?

mhizore:
Biometric- 28th.
Got a mail yesterday.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mosesadio: 8:35pm On May 12, 2023
Gentlemen and ladies in the house, I did biometrics on Friday 5th of May at Ikeja for standard visitor. But up till now (8 days) I have not received an email acknowledging receipt of my application from UKVI, though the TLS tracking shows that it has been received by DMI. Anyone in a similar situation? Possible reason for this? Cheers!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by geolan(m): 8:44pm On May 12, 2023
mekanta7:

@giselle237

The date you fill in your form doesn’t matter as long as you didn’t exceed your stay (visa validity). Just recently, a friend’s uncle was in a similar issue. He applied for for a week vacation on a 6months visa but ended up staying for 5months. He recently just got his 2 years uk visa last month

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mhizore: 9:38pm On May 12, 2023
XYZJAZZY:
Please is it a priority visa application or standard?

No it is not.

(1) (2) (3) ... (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) ... (611) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.