Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,421 members, 7,830,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (439) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (845476 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) ... (623) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 8:15am On May 17, 2023
Milito:

I want to go to the UK on a 5-day vacation in May. A company sponsored vacation as part of benefits/entitlement.Though the company is a small one and relatively not that popular. However, all tax and CAC documents are intact and up to date.
Another senior person earlier used company all expense-paid vacation to get his 5-years visa renewal even with a submitted personal account statement of less than 100k. He's a regular UK visitor in the past though, with a recently expired 2-years visa. He submitted all company documents and bank statements.
Notwithstanding the company sponsorship, I want I build up my savings account a bit. My monthly salary, roughly 450k goes into a separate account. Opening balance of my savings account in November was 100k. In Oct, lipsrsealed ...snacks balance cheesy. I was able to put only 100k in Dec. I then put 200k in Jan.
My spouse made a deposit of 500k from a property sold in same Jan (its a joint savings account)
1. Will this 500k be flagged as lodgment?
2. Like how much is advisable to have in my account if applyling to travel alone?
3. If I plan to travel with spouse using same account, like how much will be deemed sufficient for both of us?

Btw, I was earlier rejected some 5 years back for lodgement. And I didn't bother reapplying till now. Back then, I took a cooperative loan. It was that deposit that was flagged. Do I need to talk about this in my cover letter?
Hi.
Already your whole profile looked questionable with what you stated above here and then you added priority application ontop… maka why? everything will be rushed. There are countries that you can approach with such a profile but not the UK at this point in time + a previous refusal.
The person u also tailoring ur application after has been to UK several times and had previous UK applications and you on the other hand have none of these but also a refusal on ur back. So why tailor ur application after such a person?
It’s also impossible for us to know anything becus u relayed the refusal in ur words and how u understood it.
The important things is that u understand their reasons. Goodluck next time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by XYZJAZZY: 8:19am On May 17, 2023
Sometimes I believed cover does not have any impact on ECO decision bcuz I did not write any cover and I have some deposit of 500k and other deposit which I did not bother to explain.

At first I was scared that I would have written cover letter to explain the reason for those deposits. I work and do some truck parts supplies that most times my commission can hit 500k and above as my side hustle while that salary is consistent. In my application where they ask any other income and I said no.

So, when God 🙏 is involved Eco has nothing to do than to approve according his instructions.

Glory be to his name. 🙏🙏🙏🙏

Milito:
Visa refusal

Biometrics: May 12, 2023
Refusal email: May 16, 2023
Priority application

Reason: deposits that are not salary.

Detailed explanation was provided for the deposits, used for work related operations. These deposits does not even any impact on the closing and opening balance which was meagre; just a little above 300k as the visit was company sponsored. Whereas, monthly salary was above 500k.

It would seem the ECO picked the statement, saw deposits and that was it. Just did copy and paste of his/her large deposit refusal reasons because the reasons were disjointed.

Said the deposits were used to boost the account to self fund the trip.

But the account does not even have sufficient money for the trip. Just like 300k and the cost of the trip was expressly stated to be company-funded at £5,000 with company letter and statement of account of more than 60m naira.

Said salary was not regular. But all the salary inflow for the 6-month statement period were right there on the statement with none missing.

I believe the ECOs are overloaded with work so they just pick a seemingly weak part of any application and just use it to close that application and move on to the next one without doing due diligence.

Moreso since there's no right of appeal/admin review for standard visitor's visas, there's little scrutiny on their quality of work/output.

So guys, cover letter and its attachments may not be looked at depending on the ECO and their mood.

Personal accounts for salary earners must be clean and spotless.

NB
It was contemplated not to drop the salary account statement because of the transfers for operations work but it was also argued that salary inflows was a good way to establish relationship between employer and employee.

So house, for transfer of knowledge, is there any evidence of an adult on fully sponsored visit who scaled through without dropping personal account statement?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Shadybeauty: 8:22am On May 17, 2023
Okay. Picked up yesterday in Abuja and Visa was approved
XYZJAZZY:

Ikeja, Lagos
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by myhero: 8:23am On May 17, 2023
Thegamingorca:

The only place you will see that is at sauka, opposite Nigerian immigration HQRS Abuja.

🌝

Is immigration HQRS far to TLS CENTER
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by XYZJAZZY: 8:24am On May 17, 2023
Please I would like to know in each trip how long did you stay?

angelss813:
Previous History;
1. May 2022 - 6 months visa was refused.
2. October 2022 - Reapplied using Super-priority, 6 months visa was granted and visa was used 3 times within the 6 months

Applied for 10 years visa.
Biometric- 27th.
Mail & Pick up - 5th May
10 years visa granted

Special thanks to Cashmadam and Ashirioluwa

Congratulations!!! I am next inline
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by XYZJAZZY: 8:29am On May 17, 2023
Good morning house, please I need you opinion on this matter, I applied to spend 7days vacation though my trip was suppose to be on the 15th May and I pick up my visa yesterday 16th.

Now I intend to travel June 10th. My question here now is if I book ticket to do 3 weeks (21days) as against 7days in my application would there be any challenge at POE?

Must I booked for that 3weeks or like how many days is advisable bcuz I gave friends that can accommodate me though I didn't mention them in my application.

I await your honest opinion no insult please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Blessedsteph: 8:34am On May 17, 2023
XYZJAZZY:
Good morning house, please I need you opinion on this matter, I applied to spend 7days vacation though my trip was suppose to be on the 15th May and I pick up my visa yesterday 16th.

Now I intend to travel June 10th. My question here now is if I book ticket to do 3 weeks (21days) as against 7days in my application would there be any challenge at POE?

Must I booked for that 3weeks or like how many days is advisable bcuz I gave friends that can accommodate me though I didn't mention them in my application.

You can travel anytime within your 6 months visa and 3 weeks is perfect. As long as you don’t overstay your 6 months in the Uk, you have nothing to worry about at all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 8:58am On May 17, 2023
XYZJAZZY:

Good morning. You can stay in the UK for three weeks. It won't be an issue. You can also stay with a friend or family. The important thing - please ensure you leave the UK before your visa expires.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 9:20am On May 17, 2023
myhero:

Is immigration HQRS far to TLS CENTER

Nothing in FCT Abuja is far to any other side.

Nah just traffic be the headache. If your arrival time isn't early hours like 9 or 10 I will highly recommend it. You can just enter area 10 from sauka there and stop at churchgate bus stop (300 naira).
From the busstop to trek to TLS contact is just 15mins.

Instead of entering cab of 2k plus
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by myhero: 12:01pm On May 17, 2023
Thegamingorca:

Nothing in FCT Abuja is far to any other side.

Nah just traffic be the headache. If your arrival time isn't early hours like 9 or 10 I will highly recommend it. You can just enter area 10 from sauka there and stop at churchgate bus stop (300 naira).
From the busstop to trek to TLS contact is just 15mins.

Instead of entering cab of 2k plus

Thanks so so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Milito: 12:30pm On May 17, 2023
giselle237:

Hi.
Already your whole profile looked questionable with what you stated above here and then you added priority application ontop… maka why? everything will be rushed. There are countries that you can approach with such a profile but not the UK at this point in time + a previous refusal.
The person u also tailoring ur application after has been to UK several times and had previous UK applications and you on the other hand have none of these but also a refusal on ur back. So why tailor ur application after such a person?
It’s also impossible for us to know anything becus u relayed the refusal in ur words and how u understood it.
The important things is that u understand their reasons. Goodluck next time.

Thanks. No reference was made to the joint savings account you referred to. The priority is because of an event to attend during the vacation. And there is time constraint.

So does priority applications give rise to a greater suspicion?

As I asked earlier, I'll appreciate if you can share your opinion if for a fully sponsored trip, it is compulsory to drop a personal statement of account?

As per attachment, the ECO made an error. It was not a self funded trip. It was stated on the segment for it on the application form, the reason why the sponsor is sponsoring was also stated in its space, the amount also and all, equally repeated at the extra remarks section on the form. Including on the employer letter and personal letter. Yet... undecided undecided Lol

The ECO also made another error of referring to UK family as sponsor, which was never communicated nor inferred, and even contradicting his/herself as regards the earlier 'self sponsor' assertion. The only transaction above salary was just a 600k transaction in Oct. The fund was fully drawn down same day and the account does not even have much closing cash as at March where the statement stopped. That's why I said the boosting of account remark is a copy and paste.

Thanks anyways. I guess I'll be spending the intended fund in another country. This UK people wahala too much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by pufframmy: 12:34pm On May 17, 2023
thanks for sharing sir

XYZJAZZY:
1. Bank statement of 3.8M
2. 5 months payslip
3. Kids birth certificates
4. NIN
5. Offer letter
6. Company recommendation show my net annual salary (The recommendation was prepared and signed by me) it also contains leave of 8days.
7. Traditional marriage pics
8. Family pics of different outing(mega chicken, picnics and dominos pizza 🍕 where kids are enjoying themselves.
9. Travel history (I visited Southern Cyprus 2018)
10. Hotel reservation
11. Conference invitation (though I applied for visiting and I mentioned in the online form that I will use the opportunity to attend conference with free conference IV attached)

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nanorest: 12:46pm On May 17, 2023
myhero:

Thanks so so much

There are good hotels around TLS for 12k.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by kod161: 12:54pm On May 17, 2023
Good day everyone.
Please I applied for UK visiting visa and I paid for biometrics via the TLS website but I didn’t get the appointment confirmation email.
I have checked my junks and spam messages but nothing is there.
My appointment is Next week, please what can I do?

Am I alone on this or had it been happening of recent ?

Thanks for your advise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 1:18pm On May 17, 2023
@milito if they made any mistakes in addressing your case as you have mentioned then make an official complaint.
Personally if an application is not straightforward I see no reason in a priority application as in this case they are working to provide results under a 5 day grace. If it is a refusal, refusal reasons too must come out within those 5 days ideally so I dnt like such push to them. I’ll rather they take their time and review or retrospect well on anything I have submitted. I believe they are not super humans and this is my personal take.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Milito: 1:44pm On May 17, 2023
XYZJAZZY:
1. Bank statement of 3.8M
2. 5 months payslip
3. Kids birth certificates
4. NIN
5. Offer letter
6. Company recommendation show my net annual salary (The recommendation was prepared and signed by me) it also contains leave of 8days.
7. Traditional marriage pics
8. Family pics of different outing(mega chicken, picnics and dominos pizza 🍕 where kids are enjoying themselves.
9. Travel history (I visited Southern Cyprus 2018)
10. Hotel reservation
11. Conference invitation (though I applied for visiting and I mentioned in the online form that I will use the opportunity to attend conference with free conference IV attached)

Nice. For a family of how many?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Milito: 1:44pm On May 17, 2023
giselle237:
@milito if they made any mistakes in addressing your case as you have mentioned then make an official complaint.
Personally if an application is not straightforward I see no reason in a priority application as in this case they are working to provide results under a 5 day grace. If it is a refusal, refusal reasons too must come out within those 5 days ideally so I dnt like such push to them. I’ll rather they take their time and review or retrospect well on anything I have submitted. I believe they are not super humans and this is my personal take.

But it's stated that Standard visit visa application has no right of appeal and Admin review.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 2:23pm On May 17, 2023
Milito:

But it's stated that Standard visit visa application has no right of appeal and Admin review.
formal complaint is not an appeal. Not the same
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Billijoe: 2:35pm On May 17, 2023
Please if I receive something like this, does that mean the visa has been approved?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Shadybeauty: 3:01pm On May 17, 2023
Did you recieve any mail before this?
Billijoe:
Please if I receive something like this, does that mean the visa has been approved?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Billijoe: 3:09pm On May 17, 2023
Shadybeauty:
Did you recieve any mail before this?

No I didn't
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Yhemitz: 3:23pm On May 17, 2023
Billijoe:

Congratulations bro. If you didn't receive any mail again. Check your spam .

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 3:43pm On May 17, 2023
Billijoe:

No I didn't

When ws your biometrics
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Billijoe: 3:48pm On May 17, 2023
Thegamingorca:

When ws your biometrics

Priority visa
Biometrics 11th May
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 3:49pm On May 17, 2023
Billijoe:

Priority visa
Biometrics 11th May

Ok
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Shadybeauty: 3:54pm On May 17, 2023
Your visa is approved
Billijoe:

No I didn't
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Chudycharles: 4:37pm On May 17, 2023
Milito:
Visa refusal

Biometrics: May 12, 2023
Refusal email: May 16, 2023
Priority application

Reason: deposits that are not salary.

Detailed explanation was provided for the deposits, used for work related operations. These deposits does not even any impact on the closing and opening balance which was meagre; just a little above 300k as the visit was company sponsored. Whereas, monthly salary was above 500k.

It would seem the ECO picked the statement, saw deposits and that was it. Just did copy and paste of his/her large deposit refusal reasons because the reasons were disjointed.

Said the deposits were used to boost the account to self fund the trip.

But the account does not even have sufficient money for the trip. Just like 300k and the cost of the trip was expressly stated to be company-funded at £5,000 with company letter and statement of account of more than 60m naira.

Said salary was not regular. But all the salary inflow for the 6-month statement period were right there on the statement with none missing.

I believe the ECOs are overloaded with work so they just pick a seemingly weak part of any application and just use it to close that application and move on to the next one without doing due diligence.

Moreso since there's no right of appeal/admin review for standard visitor's visas, there's little scrutiny on their quality of work/output.

So guys, cover letter and its attachments may not be looked at depending on the ECO and their mood.

Personal accounts for salary earners must be clean and spotless.

NB
It was contemplated not to drop the salary account statement because of the transfers for operations work but it was also argued that salary inflows was a good way to establish relationship between employer and employee.

So house, for transfer of knowledge, is there any evidence of an adult on fully sponsored visit who scaled through without dropping personal account statement?

Were you sent an email telling you the visa was refused or it was when you got your passport you found out?....
it is well bro....

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Billijoe: 5:20pm On May 17, 2023
Billijoe:
When someone gets only this mail does it mean they have gotten their visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Milito: 6:05pm On May 17, 2023
Chudycharles:

Were you sent an email telling you the visa was refused or it was when you got your passport you found out?....
it is well bro....

They now send refusal emails.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Milito: 6:07pm On May 17, 2023
giselle237:
formal complaint is not an appeal. Not the same
Thank you. Though I have no clue bout this. I'll send you an email request.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by infosoftlife: 6:18pm On May 17, 2023
Billijoe:

YES
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ijaay83: 7:46pm On May 17, 2023
Damidolly:
Congratulations, standard or priority?

Standard o

(1) (2) (3) ... (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) ... (623) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

Viewing this topic: Dradephoenix(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.