Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,049 members, 7,818,154 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (436) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (832584 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) ... (616) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 9:04am On May 14, 2023
Reedirect this person to the study section.
infosoftlife:

They still need guidance to avoid schools requiring enrolment fees, especially if they don't have a fat pocket.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by PhilJames: 11:30am On May 14, 2023
Hello all.

Good morning. Please a quick one, what are the documents required for a student to invite his/her parent of over 70 years to UK for a six months visit?
She's a retired Civil Servant earning pension of less than 50k. She has no property.

I will be sponsoring everything. I have my payslip, bank statement of about £8k (hope it's enough?), my accommodation contract

Please help put me through as I'm making the application this week...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by arasola2000: 11:37am On May 14, 2023
Good morning again.
I have done all that. The icon for upload is not showing in my tls page.

Please has anyone had this issue and how was it resolved? I paid for self-service

Africankel:

Log into your UKVI account, click on provide biometrics, it'll redirect you to TLS website where you can see your application details including appointment, look for the last option on the column - that's where you upload.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mekanta7(m): 11:45am On May 14, 2023
hunee:
I know. I gave that explanation for proper clarity, it seem like so many travelers do not know the consequences of over staying what you wrote on the form, ONLY , if ECOs overlook. Always abide by what you wrote.

So you're saying that in my case, I over stayed ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 12:28pm On May 14, 2023
mekanta7:

Actually I'm not an employee, rather am a student. An undergraduate student. So i went there during the time I'm supposed to do my internship.
make your application. There’s no hard and fast rule. Sometimes they fuss about it, most times they don’t . The important thing is if you meet the threshold to be issued a visa at this time.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 12:29pm On May 14, 2023
PhilJames:
Hello all.
Good morning. Please a quick one, what are the documents required for a student to invite his/her parent of over 70 years to UK for a six months visit?
She's a retired Civil Servant earning pension of less than 50k. She has no property.
I will be sponsoring everything. I have my payslip, bank statement of about £8k (hope it's enough?), my accommodation contract
Please help put me through as I'm making the application this week...
student to sponsor? Where did you get the money from? Hope evidence to back up origin is available and tht u didn’t work over your 20 hrs allocation. Also your mother cnt come for a. 6 months visit- that will be refused straight. Keep duration of trip short. Less than a month. She has a life to go back to and you are not trying to tell the ECO that she is coming to live in the UK. Ties to Nigeria is the key to show can return back otherwise refusal is sure.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by PhilJames: 1:07pm On May 14, 2023
giselle237:
student to sponsor? Where did you get the money from? Hope evidence to back up origin is available and tht u didn’t work over your 20 hrs allocation. Also your mother cnt come for a. 6 months visit- that will be refused straight. Keep duration of trip short. Less than a month. She has a life to go back to and you are not trying to tell the ECO that she is coming to live in the UK. Ties to Nigeria is the key to show can return back otherwise refusal is sure.

20hrs threshold was not exceeded and it's evident on my payslip. I make reasonable amount monthly. Equally, wifey works full-time, so I don't think the source of the money is questionable.
She doesn't intend to stay more than 3 months.
Also, if you could explain things that I need to use to explain ties with Nigeria.

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Bmuhd4smile: 1:23pm On May 14, 2023
Hello great minds!

Can I travel to the UK on the same date my visa validity start counting? Which is a date below the one I filled during application.

Secondly, I filled that I will visit for 4days tourism. Can I instead visit for 2 days and return. What's the likely implications at the port of entry please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 1:39pm On May 14, 2023
Bmuhd4smile:
Hello great minds!

Can I travel to the UK on the same date my visa validity start counting? Which is a date below the one I filled during application.

Secondly, I filled that I will visit for 4days tourism. Can I instead visit for 2 days and return. What's the likely implications at the port of entry please
Yes, you can visit for 2days and return.
Yes, you can depart ng on the start date of visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 1:41pm On May 14, 2023
You said 2 weeks, you stayed 4 months. Are you keeping up with your statements? I state facts, i dont like beating around the bush. Just re apply, but be honest in your subsequent applications, that is what gives you a upper edge. Goodluck
mekanta7:

So you're saying that in my case, I over stayed ?

Hello my people... please i need guideline on applying for a 2years visa. I've travelled to the UK last year, where I spent 4months but on my application, I stated that I will be staying for 2weeks. On this new application, is it mandatory that I explain the reason why I stayed 4months instead of 2weeks or should I let it slide
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Opeyemi007: 1:44pm On May 14, 2023
You have no issues
Bmuhd4smile:
Hello great minds!

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Bmuhd4smile: 2:03pm On May 14, 2023
Opeyemi007:
You have no issues

Thanks alot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Bmuhd4smile: 2:03pm On May 14, 2023
hunee:

Yes, you can visit for 2days and return.
Yes, you can depart ng on the start date of visa.

Thanks alot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by geolan(m): 2:45pm On May 14, 2023
arasola2000:
Good morning again.

Please has anyone had this issue and how was it resolved? I paid for self-service

Take a screenshot of the page and blur out your VAF number. The upload icon should be just after the track icon
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by arasola2000: 2:51pm On May 14, 2023
See

geolan:

Take a screenshot of the page and blur out your VAF number. The upload icon should be just after the track icon

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 3:31pm On May 14, 2023
PhilJames:
20hrs threshold was not exceeded and it's evident on my payslip. I make reasonable amount monthly. Equally, wifey works full-time, so I don't think the source of the money is questionable.
She doesn't intend to stay more than 3 months.
Also, if you could explain things that I need to use to explain ties with Nigeria.
Dear poster, on the form fill less than 1 month duration. When she gets the visa you can call her in for longer as circumstances change and things happen. This is the way to go about it. It goes better this way than to write a duration of 3 months or 6 months on your application form. No eco will be comfortable with such. Such a person is a risk as they are showing they have nothing tieing them down to their home country and can as well come to the UK and decide to overstay. About ties to home country read the thread extensively to see how u can best present ur case

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 3:33pm On May 14, 2023
Bmuhd4smile:
Hello great minds!

Yes to both questions.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jfwesh1: 3:57pm On May 14, 2023
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by CamelCase: 4:05pm On May 14, 2023
Guys.. will I be allowed to travel before the school confirming receipt of my deposit?

I'm undergraduate and don't require tuition deposit before getting CAS, now they are processing my CAS, and I will proceed for my Visa once CAS is out.

From my calculations of form A delays. My payment my get there by mid-ending Sept.

I want to leave 5th September as my course starts 5th October. Will I be allowed to travel ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Dansakimotors: 6:56pm On May 14, 2023
Good evening House,

Plz I need to know if it's possible for me to get a 2 yrs Multiple UK Visa as a 1st Timer. I was denied once before in 2009 and never attempted it again or appeal their decision. I have since then visited Dubai and US and still have a 5yrs Valid US visa. Do you think this may make Dem give me 2yrs as suppose the 6months dey normally give for 1st timers ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by infosoftlife: 7:26pm On May 14, 2023
CamelCase:
Guys.. will I be allowed to travel before the school confirming receipt of my deposit?

I'm undergraduate and don't require tuition deposit before getting CAS, now they are processing my CAS, and I will proceed for my Visa once CAS is out.

From my calculations of form A delays. My payment my get there by mid-ending Sept.

I want to leave 5th September as my course starts 5th October. Will I be allowed to travel ?

You can apply for VISA 3 MONTHS before your resumption date.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by cutelukz: 7:37pm On May 14, 2023
After you log into your UKVI account, click on provide biometrics, it'll redirect you to TLS website where you can see your application details including appointment. Next step, open a new web page https://selfupload.visas-uk.tlscontact.com. Ensure you are already logged in to the ukvi account before opening the website so that you will be logged in automatically.
The video below explains better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OTcUhVjM08

arasola2000:
Good morning again.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by olola4(m): 8:06pm On May 14, 2023
infosoftlife:

You can apply for VISA 3 MONTHS before your resumption date.

This is not true, it's 6 MONTHS before your resumption date that's why schools issue CAS 6months before the resumption date so that applicant can start applying for Visa.

It's for visiting visa that you can only apply 3 MONTHS before your intended travel date.

https://www.dundee.ac.uk/guides/apply-student-visa

https://www.ed.ac.uk/student-administration/immigration/applying-for-visa/student-visa/applying/outside-uk/when-to-apply

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jfwesh1: 8:36pm On May 14, 2023
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 8:40pm On May 14, 2023
Jfwesh1:
@Tutu82 you said and i quote, “love your neighbors as yourself” on your profile but right now i’ve been trying to get in touch with you all to no avail. 😂😂😂

Please check your DM/email or contact me on instagram please. @iamOluwajuwonlo_jfwesh1
I do love my Neigbour but am unable to respond to you directly just now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 8:48pm On May 14, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin
see the way he wants to enter tutu.
Tutu82:

I do love my Neigbour but am unable to respond to you directly just now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by geolan(m): 9:18pm On May 14, 2023
arasola2000:
See

This is strange. I’m guessing you didn’t choose the self assistance option. You may have to go to your VAC for upload.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by infosoftlife: 9:38pm On May 14, 2023
olola4:

This is not true, it's 6 MONTHS before your resumption date that's why schools issue CAS 6months before the resumption date so that applicant can start applying for Visa.

It's for visiting visa that you can only apply 3 MONTHS before your intended travel date.

https://www.dundee.ac.uk/guides/apply-student-visa

https://www.ed.ac.uk/student-administration/immigration/applying-for-visa/student-visa/applying/outside-uk/when-to-apply

Touche
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by karferguso(m): 10:21pm On May 14, 2023
Previous History;
1. May 2022 - 6 months visa was refused.
2. October 2022 - Reapplied using Super-priority, 6 months visa was granted and visa was used 3 times within the 6 months

Applied for 10 years visa.
Biometric- 27th.
Mail & Pick up - 5th May
10 years visa granted

Special thanks to Cashmadam and Ashirioluwa for the vote of confidence

6 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by arasola2000: 10:26pm On May 14, 2023
God bless. It worked.

Nairaland and all the people on this group are the very best

cutelukz:
After you log into your UKVI account, click on provide biometrics, it'll redirect you to TLS website where you can see your application details including appointment. Next step, open a new web page https://selfupload.visas-uk.tlscontact.com. Ensure you are already logged in to the ukvi account before opening the website so that you will be logged in automatically.
The video below explains better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OTcUhVjM08

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 10:34pm On May 14, 2023
karferguso:
Previous History;
1. May 2022 - 6 months visa was refused.
2. October 2022 - Reapplied using Super-priority, 6 months visa was granted and visa was used 3 times within the 6 months

Applied for 10 years visa.
Biometric- 27th.
Mail & Pick up - 5th May
10 years visa granted

Special thanks to Cashmadam and Ashirioluwa for the vote of confidence

Congratulations!

(1) (2) (3) ... (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) ... (616) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: Macccc and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.