Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,624 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (449) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (834381 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 1:02pm On May 27, 2023
giselle237:
thanks for clarifying… however he still doesn’t need to wait.. .. it is points based.. so funds or no funds doesn’t count if not among points .. only the points and the requirements matter. Job at appropriate skill level, valid cos, English language etc
Yes point based.Yes 50/70 points BUT He needs to pay application fee,healthcare surcharge and prove he has enough personal savings that is funds.
@Daveama i would say do more research i have just given my one pound on the matter which am sure about.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by EstherOA: 1:32pm On May 27, 2023
How long after visa rejection can I reapply ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 2:48pm On May 27, 2023
Tutu82:

Yes point based.Yes 50/70 points BUT He needs to pay application fee,healthcare surcharge and prove he has enough personal savings that is funds.
@Daveama i would say do more research i have just given my one pound on the matter which am sure about.
UKVI Will not ask you to prove your source of funds for application fee, IHS and personal savings… if they have the money for it they can apply as their previous visit visa refusal has no bearing on application fee, IHS or personal savings of about 1270 pounds.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Faithluv5(f): 2:52pm On May 27, 2023
Hi guys, please I’ll be applying for visit visa for my mum to come visit me in the uk. I included in the invitation letter that I will be the one sponsoring her trip. I will submit my bank statement (£7900) and still submit her bank statement that has about 2.5m.

In the question where it was asked “How much money are you personally planning to spend on your visit to the UK”. I put 1.7m for my mum there, please should I change it and put 0

Thank you

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 3:00pm On May 27, 2023
giselle237:
UKVI Will not ask you to prove your source of funds for application fee, IHS and personal savings… if they have the money for it they can apply as their previous visit visa refusal has no bearing on application fee, IHS or personal savings of about 1270 pounds.
You have said what you have said and i have said what i have said.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 3:44pm On May 27, 2023
Faithluv5:
Hi guys, please I’ll be applying for visit visa for my mum to come visit me in the uk. I included in the invitation letter that I will be the one sponsoring her trip. I will submit my bank statement (£7900) and still submit her bank statement that has about 2.5m.
In the question where it was asked “How much money are you personally planning to spend on your visit to the UK”. I put 1.7m for my mum there, please should I change it and put 0.
my own opinion is put 1 naira/1 gbp. Let your invitation letter expressly state that you are sponsoring the trip fully.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Faithluv5(f): 4:03pm On May 27, 2023
giselle237:
my own opinion is put 1 naira/1 gbp. Let your invitation letter expressly state that you are sponsoring the trip fully.

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Faithluv5(f): 4:06pm On May 27, 2023
Kmaikel:
A silent reader. I found this thread very useful when I needed info and also decide to give back to this thread.

6 months visit visa approved - first timer
Bio: May 12 Ikeja (standard)
Paid call: May 22 - Decision made and no rejection email received.
Collection mail: May 24.

The visa is for my mother inlaw, less than 50 years, a petty trader with no registered business with CAC.

Application documents
*Her passport
*6 weeks bank statement of about 30 pages (petty trading and church anniversary ankara contribution...lol) with no letter of explanation of transactions and balance of not less than N2M
*2ce traveled to Dubai
*US visit visa refusal declared
*N100K declared as travel expense
*Consent letter from husband (pictures, marriage certificate and 'omo onile' land receipt all attached)
*Consent letter from son (undergraduate in Nigeria with school ID attached)
*Reference letter from Church.

Sponsor documents (Me on student dependant visa)
*Invitation letter from my wife indicating less than 4 weeks visit
*Letter of Support pledging £1.5k from me to cover flight and feeding
*6 months utility bills as she will be staying with us throughout her visit.
*2 months Bank statement (savings) not less than £2K as balance
*1 month bank statement (expense)
*Proof of employment
*Marriage certificate
*Wife's birth certificate
*Our BRP cards including our daughter's (one year + old) plus wife's school ID card
*Family pictures which has my mother inlaw in it (Registry, engagement and naming ceremony of our daughter in Nigeria).

Advice: Keep the application simple and straightforward and don't fabricate any lies and more importantly, pray, as what works for A might not work for B.

I hope the above info helps someone.

Cheers.
Please how much did you indicate in your MIL's application that she will spend on her visit to the uk?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Soraco57(m): 4:09pm On May 27, 2023
please having gotten UK visa , using and coming back, visiting oTHER european country, including ireland, though US don kick me 2 times in 2017 now that am not in Nigeria, wanna try the US again or canada, any hope from US or canada? does travel history really count when it comes to cANADA OR US. thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Daveama(m): 4:20pm On May 27, 2023
Thanks @giselle237, Tutu82.... I appreciate 🙏

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Faithluv5(f): 4:24pm On May 27, 2023
Soraco57:
please having gotten UK visa , using and coming back, visiting oTHER european country, including ireland, though US don kick me 2 times in 2017 now that am not in Nigeria, wanna try the US again or canada, any hope from US or canada? does travel history really count when it comes to cANADA OR US. thanks
Depends on on your application to me. I had a previous US rejection before moving to the UK two years ago. I applied for US in September last year from the UK and went for biometrics in March 2023 and got the US visa. I also applied for canadian visa in october last year from the uk and my canadian visa came out this month. So i got both the US and CAnada visa from the uk. The only travel history i had when applying for both countries was that i travelled to germany june last year.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Soraco57(m): 4:43pm On May 27, 2023
Faithluv5:

Depends on on your application to me. I had a previous US rejection before moving to the UK two years ago. I applied for US in September last year from the UK and went for biometrics in March 2023 and got the US visa. I also applied for canadian visa in october last year from the uk and my canadian visa came out this month. So i got both the US and CAnada visa from the uk. The only travel history i had when applying for both countries was that i travelled to germany june last year.

Thanks for the input, please am still single, does marital status has to do with US visa? thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Faithluv5(f): 5:16pm On May 27, 2023
Soraco57:

Thanks for the input, please am still single, does marital status has to do with US visa? thanks
This is a tricky question but all i can say is that they just want ties to show that you will come back, So whether single or married, make sure you have enough ties to prove that you will go and come back. My single friends applied from the uk for US visa, one was given while the other was rejected. So package your application well and have ties to show sha.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Truth106: 5:43pm On May 27, 2023
Received this mail. Does anyone knows what operational restrictions mean?

Thank you for your visa/entry clearance application which has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days and settlement applications within 60 working days (unless you have opted for a Priority Visa service).

We are unable to resolve your application within these customer service targets, due to operational restrictions. Please be assured that we will continue to progress your application to enable a decision to be made as soon as possible.

Please do not attend the application centre until you have been contacted by the VAC.

Kind regards
Croydon DMC
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Snoobor(m): 5:59pm On May 27, 2023
Good day my fellow Nairalanders, pls I need a room in a shared house in London.

Check in date is 7th of June
Budget is £600 with all bills inclusive.

Thanks & I hope to get a positive response here soon.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Holashikemi(f): 6:42pm On May 27, 2023
Good evening to y’all
Please this is kind of urgent
I made a transfer payment to iom account and my appointment status is still pending and saying Unpaid. Note the appointment will cancel if it doesn’t change to paid within 24hours.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrjuice: 6:56pm On May 27, 2023
Blessedsteph:
Visa alert!

10 years visit visa granted to me, my kids and my cousin (she has been living with me for 9yrs)
I am a single mother btw.
Current visa is 2 years and will expire end of July 2023 but traveling for summer so had to apply early.

12th May : online application
15th May : Biometrics (paid for prime time and keep my passport option)
22nd May: call from UKVI to submit our passports at TLS. Submitted same day as my office is close and I’ve had the passports in my car since 15th.
23rd May: TLS email for passport collection. Quickly rushed there and picked them up.
10yrs visa granted for all of us.

I work for the government and salary is less than 150k after tax.
Submitted 6 months salary account statement with balance of less than 800k
Dollar account of about 6000usd but transaction of over 40k usd in 3 months.
Employment letter and staff ID card
Accommodation booking
That’s all for myself.

For my 3 kids
Birth certificates
Consent Letter from their father
2023/24 school fees receipt (I pay per annum not termly)
Result sheet from school showing their grades
Accommodation booking
Submitted same account statements for 3 of them.

For my 19yr old cousin
Added our family picture from 9yrs ago when she started living with me
Added our pictures from numerous family vacations in other countries.
Admission letter showing she resumes university in September this year.
Her account statement (I give her 15k monthly allowance)
My account statement etc

Previous history
I have had 5 UK visas including one student visa
My kids had 2 Uk visas aside my last baby who had 1
Previous US visas and numerous trips in the last 5yrs
Unused Canada visa (aside my cousin)
I visit minimum of 2 countries yearly mostly for fun and I hardly go anywhere without my kids

I hope this helps someone

Congrats o, happy for you all...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Beautynm1: 7:12pm On May 27, 2023
[quote author=Soraco57 post=123385124]

SURE, if there is international airpot in NI
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by aderemi166: 7:16pm On May 27, 2023
Congratulations and Well done 👍

Blessedsteph:
Visa alert!

10 years visit visa granted to me, my kids and my cousin (she has been living with me for 9yrs)
I am a single mother btw.
Current visa is 2 years and will expire end of July 2023 but traveling for summer so had to apply early.

12th May : online application
15th May : Biometrics (paid for prime time and keep my passport option)
22nd May: call from UKVI to submit our passports at TLS. Submitted same day as my office is close and I’ve had the passports in my car since 15th.
23rd May: TLS email for passport collection. Quickly rushed there and picked them up.
10yrs visa granted for all of us.

I work for the government and salary is less than 150k after tax.
Submitted 6 months salary account statement with balance of less than 800k
Dollar account of about 6000usd but transaction of over 40k usd in 3 months.
Employment letter and staff ID card
Accommodation booking
That’s all for myself.

For my 3 kids
Birth certificates
Consent Letter from their father
2023/24 school fees receipt (I pay per annum not termly)
Result sheet from school showing their grades
Accommodation booking
Submitted same account statements for 3 of them.

For my 19yr old cousin
Added our family picture from 9yrs ago when she started living with me
Added our pictures from numerous family vacations in other countries.
Admission letter showing she resumes university in September this year.
Her account statement (I give her 15k monthly allowance)
My account statement etc

Previous history
I have had 5 UK visas including one student visa
My kids had 2 Uk visas aside my last baby who had 1
Previous US visas and numerous trips in the last 5yrs
Unused Canada visa (aside my cousin)
I visit minimum of 2 countries yearly mostly for fun and I hardly go anywhere without my kids

I hope this helps someone

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 8:36pm On May 27, 2023
Truth106:
Received this mail. Does anyone knows what operational restrictions mean?

Thank you for your visa/entry clearance application which has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days and settlement applications within 60 working days (unless you have opted for a Priority Visa service).

We are unable to resolve your application within these customer service targets, due to operational restrictions. Please be assured that we will continue to progress your application to enable a decision to be made as soon as possible.

Please do not attend the application centre until you have been contacted by the VAC.

Kind regards
Croydon DMC
It just means in-house issues.Croydon and Durham have had backlog lately but they will get to you eventually.Good luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by EstherOA: 11:22pm On May 27, 2023
Hi guys, after such refusal when can I reapply?. And also in my application I said £1000 not £100 which my mom will be contributing.
I need your opinions on how to go about the next one. Thanks

1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Abikeadebey: 12:42am On May 28, 2023
EstherOA:
Hi guys, after such refusal when can I reapply?. And also in my application I said £1000 not £100 which my mom will be contributing.

When was your bio?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by EstherOA: 1:53am On May 28, 2023
Abikeadebey:

When was your bio?
May 12
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 12:00pm On May 28, 2023
EstherOA:

Good morning. Sorry about the refusal.

My thoughts:

1. Your monthly expenses take a large chunk of your salary
2. Next time, ask your mum to write a letter stating that she is willing and able to sponsor you for the trip. Also, she should state why she is sponsoring the trip
3. I suggest you wait for a few months before you reapply - probably next year

Good luck!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Dortune2(m): 12:07pm On May 28, 2023
Hello guys.

My girl friend applied as a Care Worker to work and live in the UK and she has been working and living in the UK for 1 year.

We are planning to get married next year and I am wondering if it is possible for her to bring me in to the UK as a dependent because I have just be hearing different things from people.

Some are saying that it is not possible because she does not have "stay" to bring people in because she only has a work visa and she has not spent a lot of years in the UK.

UK Experts, please help.

She did not study in the UK!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mikylon(m): 1:29pm On May 28, 2023
Pls is travel insurance mandatory to fly into Uk for visit visa holders
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 2:13pm On May 28, 2023
NO
mikylon:
Pls is travel insurance mandatory to fly into Uk for visit visa holders
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mikylon(m): 4:49pm On May 28, 2023
hunee:
NO

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 10:06pm On May 28, 2023
Is it me or is the antispam bot full on after every of my posts in here now
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 10:11pm On May 28, 2023
EstherOA:

There are a lot of things besides the £1000 and £100 that are not adding up. Like suddenly the ECO was somehow bad at maths.

How does £500 cost of travel translate to 5 times your disposable income of £175?
Unless he meant to write that your disposable income initially is £100

Or Unless he added the 500 from yourself and £100/£1000 from your mom.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 10:33pm On May 28, 2023
EstherOA:

Rather than your mother support you, explain the 2k plus pounds. The ECO might have seen through your application and assumed that you were trying to dodge spending above 3 times your MDI by saying your mother will support you with £100/£1000 whilst you bring £500 when you really intended to spend £600/£1500 on the trip.

But do realize that cost of travel shouldn't be more than £ 700 a week, so rather than budget 2weeks, say you'll only spend 4days to a week at most. grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 10:36pm On May 28, 2023
EstherOA:

I mean it will sound very odd to any one that you are trying to spend £500 on a journey and have £2000+ with source unexplained which you claim is yours but you are still receiving support from your mom to the tune of £1000/£100.

(1) (2) (3) ... (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) ... (618) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: donteebalo(m), Soraco57(m), sirrotex, roak and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.