Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (451) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (839225 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) ... (620) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by OluOla2019: 6:29pm On May 30, 2023
[quote author=Thegamingorca post=123472421]

You should have deleted it before pressing submit. But I don't think it will mar your chances, unless they decide to focus squarely on what you uploaded at the dmc

I hope you uploaded them and filled them into the appropriate categories.

I want to ask the TLS guys to upload a complete one when I go for biometric

What do you think?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 6:30pm On May 30, 2023
tboks:

There's no available date on the website currently.

If the dates are greyed out it only means those spaces are booked for those days. All you need do is look up the next few weeks and you should be able to find a seat lurking somewhere. However, if it is still seemingly impossible to book a seat, you might want to do a quick life hack.

Or rough it by picking a farther date that is available in July
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 6:34pm On May 30, 2023
OluOla2019:

What about partially completed form I already uploaded? Hope it won't affect my application?
it wont. The form is submitted electronically and they have access to this. You uploading the application form is irrelevant
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 6:41pm On May 30, 2023
OluOla2019:
dd

I don't know for sure, but I don't think they will be willing to help even if somehow they could upload, since you initially went with self upload.

They will rather squeeze face and tell you, "ho ha!" that you went with self service and there is nothing that can be done. Infact from their behaviour they will rather you miss this appointment and book assisted or prime time. grin

Your only saviour that day may be if you agree to do primetime. Lol

Their Shakara too much, as though they were the custodians of the keys to heaven. What's worse is they will make you upload black and white documents if you choose assisted.

I really hate those guys at TLS Abuja, so uncouth grin.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by OluOla2019: 6:48pm On May 30, 2023
Thegamingorca:

I don't know for sure, but I don't think they will be willing to help even if somehow they could upload, since you initially went with self upload.

They will rather squeeze face and tell you, "ho ha!" that you went with self service and there is nothing that can be done. Infact from their behaviour they will rather you miss this appointment and book assisted or prime time. grin

Their Shakara too much, as though they were the custodians of the keys to heaven. What's worse is they will make you upload black and white documents if you choose assisted.

Is black and white document not good since it is only the form I want to upload? The other documents are okay
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by OluOla2019: 6:58pm On May 30, 2023
giselle237:
it wont. The form is submitted electronically and they have access to this. You uploading the application form is irrelevant

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 7:00pm On May 30, 2023
OluOla2019:

Is black and white document not good since it is only the form I want to upload? The other documents are okay

I understand how you feel bro.

If your conscience is still prickling you and you have the dough for primetime, I'll say go for it. Particularly with regards to finances and all those sensitive areas dey easily like to misconstrue to disqualify someone.

But quite honestly the document on the UKVI website that you submitted might not be overlooked.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by OluOla2019: 7:04pm On May 30, 2023
Thegamingorca:

I understand how you feel bro.

If your conscience is still prickling you and you have the dough for primetime, I'll say go for it. Particularly with regards to finances and all those sensitive areas dey easily like to misconstrue to disqualify someone.

But quite honestly the document on the UKVI website that you submitted might not be overlooked.

Thank you, bro

How much is primetime?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 7:09pm On May 30, 2023
OluOla2019:

Thank you, bro

How much is primetime?

Primetime

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by OluOla2019: 7:11pm On May 30, 2023
Thegamingorca:

Primetime

How much is it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by OluOla2019: 7:12pm On May 30, 2023
Thegamingorca:

Primetime

How can I pay for this?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by thelma76(f): 7:13pm On May 30, 2023
OluOla2019:

Thank you, bro

How much is primetime?

You don’t need to pay for prime time and in my own experience, the TLS contact guys were more than happy to help with the upload even though I initially opted for self service and had done most of it myself. What’s their business? Afterall they’re making extra money off it. All you have to do is pay an additional 12,300 for assisted service so they can upload additional documents if needed. Save your money, if I remember correctly, prime time is almost 40k if not more.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 7:13pm On May 30, 2023
OluOla2019:

How can I pay for this?

You pay it there. I'm not certain if it's cash or card payments. But better to go with both

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 8:07pm On May 30, 2023
OluOla2019:

Thank you, bro
How much is primetime?
cash madam has already told you that you don’t need to upload the application form. What is wrong with comprehension here? I have also said the same thing. Others have also said same thing. Please save your money. Did you not submit your application? As long as you have submitted it, the form is visible to them and that’s all. You don’t need to come back, download form, upload form again for UK VISA. Which kind of retrograde thinking is this abi there’s something else happening tht I don’t understand?
Good night ooo

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jayyjay: 8:42pm On May 30, 2023
I picked assisted service, can I go with black and white or it has to be coloured? In TLS Ikeja
Thegamingorca:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jayyjay: 8:43pm On May 30, 2023
Please guys, my company is sponsoring my visit and my biometrics is in a few days. What is the difference between an introduction letter by employer and a letter of employment?, if you can send a sample I would appreciate it.

Second of all, is it compulsory to attach payslips? I have my bank statement showing I receive salary from my company's bank account and there are invoices I send before my salary is processed, and I will also be attaching my company's bank statement. Are these okay or if not, can we generate payslips now? Please I would love immediate response pls
Jayyjay:
Please guys, my company is sponsoring my visit and my biometrics is in a few days. What is the difference between an introduction letter by employer and a letter of employment?, if you can send a sample I would appreciate it.

Second of all, is it compulsory to attach payslips? I have my bank statement showing I receive salary from my company's bank account and there are invoices I send before my salary is processed, and I will also be attaching my company's bank statement. Are these okay or if not, can we generate payslips now? Please I would love immediate response pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 8:50pm On May 30, 2023
gpercuxionz:
I have gotten an admission from Newcastle university, and am ready to pay the deposit, but my questions are, after getting the uk visa, what are my chances of getting a job, accomodations, immediately with my dependent (wife), I also have a 6month old baby, as I will be paying back the remaining tution fees gradually from what I make monthly after house rent, or how do guys that travel via student visa do it
Accommodation in Newcastle upon Tyne is generally cheaper as it is the north east you will definitely get especially around St James stadium ,feltham and west gate road.Also,if you not in the health,IT or financial industry it will be quite tricky getting a job.You can always work remotely or attend career day to get a position some place else.
Good luck.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by babylawyr(f): 10:22pm On May 30, 2023
Jayyjay:

Hi, I will respond as I see you tried to PM me.

1. Employment letter is your appointment letter given to you when you were first employed. An introduction letter is issued by your employer addressed to the British High commission, basically stating your name, role, passport number, the reason for your trip and tentative dates for the trip. And a contact number. Since your office is sponsoring you, the letter should also state that and what is covered e.g. flight, accommodation etc. A simple Google search will show many samples and templates.

2. Please attach your payslip. Ask your office accounts/finance dept to create/generate on the letterhead of the company and sign. Your bank statement is required as well for this application, to show corresponding payments between payslip and bank credits. I am not sure if employer's bank statements is required, I did not attach any for my application.

3. Invoices for salary?? This is where you lost me. I have assumed you're a contractor or consultant for this organisation not an employee of the company. Whatever the case, let your introduction letter state your exact situation with the company that is sponsoring you.

Careful with terminology, don't destroy your chances because you have used the wrong language.
Good luck

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 8:06am On May 31, 2023
Jayyjay:

It should be the same thing. A letter of employment addressed to you

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Forumgirl123: 8:13am On May 31, 2023
Hi 👋,

Applied for UK visa and I'm slightly convinced that sometimes they don't even go through the application.

From my rejection message
1. I put 10 days not 16 days I wonder where they got that from
2. I said I have no family there just tourism (I wonder why that was said)
3. I mentioned that I had two jobs(I'm receiving monthly salary from the two jobs). I provided a statement that explained every salary received every month. Provided payslips for the jobs, provided employment contract, introduction letter from both employees.( So this no explanation statement is not true at all).
4. Although in my stated monthly income I put my first job as the other I started more recently (March) explained all this

How long do I wait till I apply again and what can I do differently.

Do I state the cumulative as the stated monthly income or..

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Truth106: 8:25am On May 31, 2023
Forumgirl123:
Hi 👋,

Applied for UK visa and I'm slightly convinced that sometimes they don't even go through the application.

3. I mentioned that I had two jobs(I'm receiving monthly salary from the two jobs). I provided a statement that explained every salary received every month. Provided payslips for the jobs, provided employment contract, introduction letter from both employees.( So this no explanation statement is not true at all).
4. Although in my stated monthly income I put my first job as the other I started more recently (March) explained all this

sorry about that.
Did you put a cover letter explaining the different salary. This is from my experience with refusal, I was refused also for something related to this. Now I have learnt to explain anything and everything including any deposit that is not salary. Sometimes that can be the only difference.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Forumgirl123: 9:03am On May 31, 2023
Truth106:

sorry about that.
Did you put a cover letter explaining the different salary. This is from my experience with refusal, I was refused also for something related to this. Now I have learnt to explain anything and everything including any deposit that is not salary. Sometimes that can be the only difference.

I did explain the different salary sha but maybe that wasn't enough. I could have boldly stated I was a contractor and work multiple jobs. I did state I was employed and I also added my naira account. Maybe that could be a reason. Could have stick to my DOM.

I'm planning of reapplying, I was told to reapply immediately and use Abuja instead as Lagos is always crowded 🤔
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jayyjay: 9:12am On May 31, 2023
I picked assisted services, do all my supporting documents has to be in coloured or black and white is okay..especially bank statements pls
babylawyr:

Hi, I will respond as I see you tried to PM me.

1. Employment letter is your appointment letter given to you when you were first employed. An introduction letter is issued by your employer addressed to the British High commission, basically stating your name, role, passport number, the reason for your trip and tentative dates for the trip. And a contact number. Since your office is sponsoring you, the letter should also state that and what is covered e.g. flight, accommodation etc. A simple Google search will show many samples and templates.

2. Please attach your payslip. Ask your office accounts/finance dept to create/generate on the letterhead of the company and sign. Your bank statement is required as well for this application, to show corresponding payments between payslip and bank credits. I am not sure if employer's bank statements is required, I did not attach any for my application.

3. Invoices for salary?? This is where you lost me. I have assumed you're a contractor or consultant for this organisation not an employee of the company. Whatever the case, let your introduction letter state your exact situation with the company that is sponsoring you.

Careful with terminology, don't destroy your chances because you have used the wrong language.
Good luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Forumgirl123: 9:13am On May 31, 2023
Forumgirl123:

I did explain the different salary sha but maybe that wasn't enough. I could have boldly stated I was a contractor and work multiple jobs. I did state I was employed and I also added my naira account. Maybe that could be a reason. Could have stick to my DOM.

I'm planning of reapplying, I was told to reapply immediately and use Abuja instead as Lagos is always crowded 🤔

I do have a problem now though, my contract with one of the companies has ended and I signed a new contract with the body they are under. And now they would pay using Deel. To me this already seems like an account irregularity. Cause one of the previous company paid directly and not through Deel.

Now I'm receiving both salaries from Deel. What is the timeframe before I apply again and September is alway always crowded cause of school application 😪😪
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 9:33am On May 31, 2023
Forumgirl123:
Hi 👋,

You should have provided a cover letter where you ought to have explained every deposit with dates.

Its not enough to put payslips there and leave everything to interpretation? Assume the ECO is a toddler trying to find his feet so that even the littlest of details is properly referenced and explained.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 9:49am On May 31, 2023
Forumgirl123:

I do have a problem now though, my contract with one of the companies has ended and I signed a new contract with the body they are under. And now they would pay using Deel. To me this already seems like an account irregularity. Cause one of the previous company paid directly and not through Deel.

Now I'm receiving both salaries from Deel. What is the timeframe before I apply again and September is alway always crowded cause of school application 😪😪

You need to sort yourself out properly even if it means getting another account where you will be depositing money into on a regularly timed monthly basis for another more stable company that is willing to help.

All this contractual agreements scream of red flags. How do you even go about tendering an employment letter from this line of work considering the fact that it's not looking permanent?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Forumgirl123: 9:52am On May 31, 2023
Thegamingorca:

You should have provided a cover letter were you ought to have explained every deposit with dates.

Its not enough to put payslips there and leave everything to interpretation? Assume the ECO is a toddler trying to find his feet so that even the littlest of details is properly referenced and explained.

Thank you I'll do this
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Forumgirl123: 9:53am On May 31, 2023
Thegamingorca:

You need to sort yourself out properly even if it means getting another account where you will be depositing money into on a regularly timed monthly basis for another more stable company that is willing to help.

All this contractual agreements scream of red flags. How do you even go about tendering an employment letter from this line of work considering the fact that it's not looking permanent?

🤔 You do have a point, I'll stick to the one that seems more consistent
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by babylawyr(f): 12:51pm On May 31, 2023
Jayyjay:
I picked assisted services, do all my supporting documents has to be in coloured or black and white is okay..especially bank statements pls

It's entirely up to you. The UK high commission did not stipulate if documents should be black and white or coloured just make sure they are clear and legible. Use your discretion, what is the point of having a coloured bank statement?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Milito: 4:09pm On May 31, 2023
Forumgirl123:
Hi 👋,

I think they usually check the account first, once they see lodgment or anything confusing, they just take that as a fatal error on the application and a quick wrap. They afterwards just skim through and use the application to meet target and rush off to the next.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 4:50pm On May 31, 2023
Jayyjay:

The blue suits will ask for copies of everything you want to upload which dey won't be returning to you. That's why dey ask for the photocopies of your originals in black and white.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ishola075(m): 8:05pm On May 31, 2023
To the gurus in the house, Especially for those who have gotten 2 yrs, 5yrs, and 10yrs visit visa, please how many month bank statement can someone use for a business owner to apply for 2 ys visit visa .. (not register business pls)
thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) ... (620) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: beeveepee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.