Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,411 members, 7,836,658 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (462) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (852616 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) ... (626) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by yerilistik: 1:28pm On Jun 14, 2023
directonpc:
Wondering if anyone that did biometric last week has received collection email from TLS smiley

Did biometrics 8 june and transferred to DMC 8 june
Received by DMC 8 june
Today being 14/06/23 : Application Transferred To VAC
I am hoping VAC will receive the passport today and hopefully will be collected tomorrow.
Mind you, it's a visit visa but paid for priority services 250 GBP.
No how to know if visa granted or not, fingers crossed till hopefully tomorrow smiley

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by directonpc(m): 2:11pm On Jun 14, 2023
yerilistik:

Received by DMC 8 june
I am hoping VAC will receive the passport today and hopefully will be collected tomorrow.
No how to know if visa granted or not, fingers crossed till hopefully tomorrow smiley

Wow congrats!!! This one mine is standard I pray I hear from them soon. I applied for transit visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by yerilistik: 3:09pm On Jun 14, 2023
directonpc:

Wow congrats!!! This one mine is standard I pray I hear from them soon. I applied for transit visa.

no congrats yet until i see the visa inside cheesy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Adeluv2401: 3:36pm On Jun 14, 2023
thelma76:

I did on the 1st June and I am yet to get a decision. I noticed people who did student visas around this day and even +1/2 days after mine, have received their decisions though (VI and ikeja)
[quote author=thelma76 post=123773172]

Have you received any mail yet? I did biometrics on the 31st of May and nothing yet
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by directonpc(m): 7:29pm On Jun 14, 2023
Hi house. Anyone knows if it's possible for me to retrieve my passport from UKVI due to delay in issuing visa so I can continue to travel through another country?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Superex(m): 7:35pm On Jun 14, 2023
This floating of naira go scatter person POF ooo chai. Bad timingšŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ wetin una think?

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Adeluv2401: 7:41pm On Jun 14, 2023
Hi house. Please has anyone gotten a feedback from those that did their biometrics from the 30th of May till date Iā€™m wondering out loudšŸ˜
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Blessedsteph: 8:44pm On Jun 14, 2023
directonpc:
Hi house. Anyone knows if it's possible for me to retrieve my passport from UKVI due to delay in issuing visa so I can continue to travel through another country?

It means you are automatically canceling your visa application and forgoing the visa fees. Next time when you have another trip to make, pay for ā€œkeep my passportā€ so it doesnā€™t affect your other trips. Which category of visa did you apply for?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mosesadio: 9:14pm On Jun 14, 2023
Adeluv2401:
Hi house. Please has anyone gotten a feedback from those that did their biometrics from the 30th of May till date Iā€™m wondering out loudšŸ˜
Same date, same situation, standard visitor, Ikeja.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by directonpc(m): 9:20pm On Jun 14, 2023
Blessedsteph:

It means you are automatically canceling your visa application and forgoing the visa fees. Next time when you have another trip to make, pay for ā€œkeep my passportā€ so it doesnā€™t affect your other trips. Which category of visa did you apply for?
A transit visa. I'll be booking another airline instead.

Thanks for your answer. Is the process as easy as just walking to TLS office?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Blessedsteph: 10:23pm On Jun 14, 2023
directonpc:

A transit visa. I'll be booking another airline instead.

Thanks for your answer. Is the process as easy as just walking to TLS office?

Okay thatā€™s perfect then. If you walk into TLS and let them know what you want, it shouldnā€™t take more than 5-10mins for them to hand back your passport to you.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by StopJapa: 1:43am On Jun 15, 2023
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by duchess90(f): 2:58am On Jun 15, 2023
Hello

Just to reiterate what was said on the study thread because I see you reposted same question here

If caught you will get a 10year ban

Your brother's wife and child are NOT your dependants

Cheers
nubiod99:
Good day all,
Pls I need an advise house I enroll for a school in UK have made the first payment 5000pounds and done other documents pending TB test where am having issues now is that my dependant is my brother wife and one of his kid pls is it advisable to go along with her and will there not be any issue if they collect our passport for submission won't they detect any error or what's your stake in it

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by BRAINNY(m): 7:19am On Jun 15, 2023
Turkish airlines, Ethiopian airlines, Egypt Air, Royal air maroc, Kenya airways, Rwandair; I avoided Turkey cos I felt it is Europe and had to pay more. Please, what if any of these Arilines transit through any of the countries requiring a schengen visa?
Longjonjoe:

The agent or whoever told you to pay transit visa just got free money. I am a travel agent. Traveling with any European airline to the UK eg Lufthansa, KLM, Air France, Alitalia will require you to present a any schengen transit visa you have on your transit stop with the airline if not you will be sent back. You dont pay 40k to an agent for transit visa. You apply for it(schengen visa) at the embassy of the airline hub eg applying for a france transit visa and at the french embassy or at VAC because you are using Air france to travel to the UK. Same paper work but takes a short time to process. Please be careful out there. BA does not require a transit visa because it is a direct flight. Turkish airlines, Ethiopian airlines, Egypt Air, Royal air maroc, Kenya airways, Rwandair. All these airlines do not require any transit visa when transiting through their country to the UK. I hope with this, I have stopped someone somewhere from making a mistake

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by CanadaQueen: 8:56am On Jun 15, 2023
Thank you once again. I got the letter from my University. Pls what means did you use to pay ECCTIS, did you use naira card? I'm trying to use my Zenith card but I'm scared and don't want my money to be hooked in the air. Pls can anyone tell me how they made payment to ECCTIS with naira card.
IT IS URGENT!!!

gerrald02:
Yes to whom it may concern is fine.

I just went through the process.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by CanadaQueen: 9:14am On Jun 15, 2023
You may have to add pics of you and your bf together and maybe chats (I dunno if the chats wld be really necessary) but something to show he's truly a close person as you claimed.
Wish you da best!

StopJapa:
Advise needed, visa gurus. Please advise the likelihood of a lady Naija student getting a UK visitor visa with a US sponsor (boyfriend), over $60K balance. What are recommended documents to submit? The visit is legit & not japa.Thanks...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by CanadaQueen: 9:29am On Jun 15, 2023
Thank you once again. I got the letter from my University. Pls what means did you use to pay ECCTIS, did you use naira card? I'm trying to use my Zenith card but I'm scared and don't want my money to be hooked in the air. Pls can anyone tell me how they made payment to ECCTIS with naira card.
IT IS URGENT!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by NezzyMike: 9:59am On Jun 15, 2023
CanadaQueen:
IT IS URGENT!!!

Dollar card.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jun 15, 2023
Please how many days will ecctis send certificate after an incomplete application asking to upload the photographs of the same
documents I scanned to them...who has gone through this? Did you wait for another 10 working days?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Adedotun123: 4:08pm On Jun 15, 2023
yerilistik:

Received by DMC 8 june
I did my own biometric since june 6, but i haven't seen any mail

Work visa tho
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Adedotun123: 4:10pm On Jun 15, 2023
dende3:

The Public Holiday and weekends are not counted ,Priority takes maximium of 5 workings days ,got mine after 3 working days Pm me on whatapp 08066793981

I also did priority
But i have been waiting

I did my biometric 6 of june
Family visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 4:14pm On Jun 15, 2023
BRAINNY:
Turkish airlines, Ethiopian airlines, Egypt Air, Royal air maroc, Kenya airways, Rwandair; I avoided Turkey cos I felt it is Europe and had to pay more. Please, what if any of these Arilines transit through any of the countries requiring a schengen visa?

Where are you going?

None of the airlines you have listed require Schengen visa. Your reason for avoiding turkish airlines, seems misplaced
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Adedotun123: 6:03pm On Jun 15, 2023
yerilistik:

Received by DMC 8 june

Guys they sent me this just now
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Newbiein2016: 7:09pm On Jun 15, 2023
I'll just advise you double check your itinerary to ensure there's no stopover at a European country e.g. I have seen an Ethiopian airline itinerary that goes through Europe to Glasgow. So, in this case where passengers will (dis)embark, you might be asked to hold a valid Schengen visa.

I have also seen itineraries with technical stops. Usually, these are solely for the airline's benefit: to either run inspections on the aircraft or refuel etc. In this case, you don't need a transit visa.

That said, irrespective of what airline you choose, always confirm that the itinerary works for the visa you hold.

BRAINNY:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Newbiein2016: 7:11pm On Jun 15, 2023
This is a generic mail and implies your application may take longer to process. I wouldn't really worry about this.

Adedotun123:

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by cocolacec(m): 7:33pm On Jun 15, 2023
Please i need answers.A relative failed to collect her passport from the tls centre,it was passed to the embassy but it is difficult to contact the embassy.The passport has been with tls centre since December 2022.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 7:42pm On Jun 15, 2023
cocolacec:
Please i need answers.A relative failed to collect her passport from the tls centre,it was passed to the embassy but it is difficult to contact the embassy.The passport has been with tls centre since December 202

If it's not with the embassy you might want to check immigration

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by yerilistik: 8:54pm On Jun 15, 2023
dende3:

The Public Holiday and weekends are not counted ,Priority takes maximium of 5 workings days ,got mine after 3 working days Pm me on whatapp 08066793981

Passport picked up today, visa granted thanks wink

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by yerilistik: 8:55pm On Jun 15, 2023
Adedotun123:

I did my own biometric since june 6, but i haven't seen any mail

Work visa tho

work visa should take longer than visit visa and I paid for priority services, got my passport today with the visa

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by yerilistik: 8:57pm On Jun 15, 2023
Adedotun123:

what did they send ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) ... (626) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.