Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,410 members, 7,836,644 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (465) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (852604 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) ... (626) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by gioleone7777: 2:09pm On Jun 19, 2023
Good day,
Please is it safe to pull out my money from my POF after the min 28 days before my visa is issued
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by oloyemeji: 2:50pm On Jun 19, 2023
I have recently completed my studies at ESGT Benin Republic, and I have applied for a master's program in the UK. The university I applied to has contacted me, requesting an evaluation of my academic credentials through https://enic.org.uk/ for a statement of comparability. However, the deadline for submission is in just two days. I am uncertain whether it is a wise decision to proceed with the evaluation, as there is a possibility that ENIC may not be familiar with my university. I would greatly appreciate your advice, as I do not wish to waste £173 if it is not necessary.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jayyjay: 3:38pm On Jun 19, 2023
Hello, Good afternoon everyone, I just received this refusal letter.
Like, as I have mentioned before on this thread, I work remotely with a company in UK, I even submitted the bank statements of the company and in my own statements, every salary I received came with a description of the company's name (I even mentioned this in my cover letter). I receive my salary through Grey and I even talked with their support line and they agreed that I could use my bank statement. Anyway, I know better and hopefully, anyone in my shoes can be aware.
For the 2nd reason, it is funny because on a norm, someone can't have a specific amount he or she spends monthly and based on what I read here, I wrote the highest I ever spent in 6 months, so I won't come off as a dishonest person.

Please if you know anything I can do better in case of next time, I would appreciate it if you could let me know because I was really careful during this application

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by directonpc(m): 3:45pm On Jun 19, 2023
Anyone with experience requesting for their passport back from TLS Abuja due to long wait time for visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by zionuklove: 4:44pm On Jun 19, 2023
Cashmadam:

Write it for her and give her to sign.

thanks for reply cash madam.

do i write in third person or write it like she is the one writing it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 5:02pm On Jun 19, 2023
Jayyjay:
Like, as I have mentioned before on this thread, I work remotely with a company in UK, I even submitted the bank statements of the company and in my own statements, every salary I received came with a description of the company's name (I even mentioned this in my cover letter). I receive my salary through Grey and I even talked with their support line and they agreed that I could use my bank statement. Anyway, I know better and hopefully, anyone in my shoes can be aware.
For the 2nd reason, it is funny because on a norm, someone can't have a specific amount he or she spends monthly and based on what I read here, I wrote the highest I ever spent in 6 months, so I won't come off as a dishonest person.

Please if you know anything I can do better in case of next time, I would appreciate it if you could let me know because I was really careful during this application

You are not even talking about your bank issues and how to solve it. You are busy laughing, thinking this is funny. You need a bank dey can verify your dealings from, not some clearline cream sales app with a machine dishing out automated response in their customer care department. Get a real bank with a real account and be depositing money there.

You clearly did not read this thread at all if you are insisting your monthly expenditure can be irregular. You messed up big time by claiming the highest amount you've spent in your 6months statement.
You are not a robot and needs may vary on a month to month basis but you are also "no child", and should have known that there are acceptable ranges you can provide in these circumstances that will not make the whole thing look superfluous.

If the month with the 250£ expenses was in the first months of your application you should have clipped it out of the statement by reducing the months from 6 to 3 or even 2. Was it that you think these ppl are stupid? How can you write that as your expenditure and expect them to understand what you meant with your cover letter ho ha? That expenditure there could very well be interpreted by the ECO as repayment of money lodged for this visa purpose.

Rather than sum it up as your monthly expense you should have just removed the whole damned thing and isolate it as a rare occurrence by saying something in the lines of "my usual expenditure is 50£ but for this month it rose to 250£ because of so so so so".
The ECO will not beat you for saying that. What you did instead was set your buttocks up for the ECO to kick and boy did he kick you in the nuts.

See ehn if you don't address the issues raised you will still get another refusal, I can 100% guarantee it. My advice to you will be to give space of atleast 4months and try again.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jayyjay: 5:15pm On Jun 19, 2023
[quote author=Thegamingorca post=123900588]
What makes you think I find this funny?? I said the 2nd reason is funny because am I expected to have a static monthly expenses which you yourself stated. My monthly expenses were between 200-250gbp, so pls don't be in a hurry to judge and conclude. Additionally, I am not aware that I can provide less than 6 months' bank statements because 6 months is what is clearly written in the requirements.
Half of what I posted is on the bank issues but you chose to believe I am not 'talking about it and how to solve it'.

Please the major reason I posted the refusal here is because of the bank issues and how I can solve it because I plan on applying for a study visa to Italy, so if anyone knows how I can handle this please let me know .

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jayyjay: 5:21pm On Jun 19, 2023
Jayyjay:

or anyone working remotely and getting paid with a virtual pounds account and has any idea on what I can do, I would really appreciate such help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 5:29pm On Jun 19, 2023
Jayyjay:

Okay,

1) in the name of God and all the archangels in heaven, don't ever use that employer as your employer on a UK visa application form ever again. The documents you forwarded suggesting you worked with them were found wanting.

2) Get some bank in Nigeria (if you live in Naija) or any real bank any country with accountants with flesh and bones in their body that can be reached by the embassy wherever you are based and let your UK company be depositing the funds there.

3) Be frugal with spending. Earning 500 pounds and spending almost half every month doesn't speak well for your monthly disposable income. The ECO did not say it but 2200 pounds is well above your freaking disposable income for god's sake. Automatically what's going on in the ECO's mind is that "what if his employer pulls the rug and the 2000 pounds don't come?" he will think this one is going to come here to live on life support and public funds.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Atinukemi23: 5:43pm On Jun 19, 2023
Sorry about your refusal.
Please what is your Timeline ?
How many days after your Biometrics submission did you get a decision ?
Thanks.

Please is there any standard visitor applicant ( non - priority please )
Ikeja TLS still waiting ?
Biometrics 7th of June.
Still waiting.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jayyjay: 6:23pm On Jun 19, 2023
I went for biometrics June 1 and I got the decision today..so maybe chill till this week or next
Atinukemi23:
Sorry about your refusal.
Please what is your Timeline ?
How many days after your Biometrics submission did you get a decision ?
Thanks.

Please is there any standard visitor applicant ( non - priority please )
Ikeja TLS still waiting ?
Biometrics 7th of June.
Still waiting.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Atinukemi23: 6:38pm On Jun 19, 2023
Thank you for reply, hang in there and give it another shot whenever you can.
All the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 8:19pm On Jun 19, 2023
Jayyjay:
I went for biometrics June 1 and I got the decision today..so maybe chill till this week or next
u are like a contract worker.. because u mentioned u generate invoices.. even UKVI say they can not confirm your employment. If you were employed as a staff you should have been able to produce these documents. Or are they wrong?
When your circumstances change go back, not now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Blessedsteph: 12:14am On Jun 20, 2023
directonpc:
Anyone with experience requesting for their passport back from TLS Abuja due to long wait time for visa?

It doesn’t take a week. I have done this before. They will give you right away. Worst case scenario the following day. Your passport never leave that building so no way it will take a week. They will give you a form to fill and within 24hrs you get a mail asking you to come pick up your passport

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by directonpc(m): 7:46am On Jun 20, 2023
Blessedsteph:

It doesn’t take a week. I have done this before. They will give you right away. Worst case scenario the following day. Your passport never leave that building so no way it will take a week. They will give you a form to fill and within 24hrs you get a mail asking you to come pick up your passport
Tnx. Heading back there this morning
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Teegal215: 7:56am On Jun 20, 2023
Cashmadam:

These days, 900 Pounds can hardly buy a ticket. Maybe you can quote 2,000 Pounds.

I quoted 900 pounds and got my visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ferdinard266: 10:18am On Jun 20, 2023
Good morning everyone, Please I applied for a visit visa to the UK to attend a conference scheduled for 25th July which my office was going to sponsor but got denied yesterday. The reason for the denial was because I didn’t show proof of my own personal saving of £2000 which I mentioned I have during my visa process despite showing proof of fund from my office.
So my question is can I reapply for a visa again for this conference and show proof of fund or should I reschedule the conference for a later date and reapply
Please can someone advise further on what to do
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by directonpc(m): 11:03am On Jun 20, 2023
Blessedsteph:

Hello boss, are you based in Abuja or Lagos
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sammiy: 12:25pm On Jun 20, 2023
sammiy:
Hello everyone, I want to apply 5years visa after the expiration of my 6months visa. What are the chances of a success?

I used the 6months visa once.

VISA ALERT!

This might help someone!

my first 6months visa expired in April after only 1 trip to the UK.
I applied for 5years renewal and did Biometrics on 26th May with KMP.
i got submit passport request on 14th June and submitted passport on 15th June.
Picked up passport on 19th June with 5years visa.

6 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Atinukemi23: 2:31pm On Jun 20, 2023
Ferdinard266:
Good morning everyone, Please I applied for a visit visa to the UK to attend a conference scheduled for 25th July which my office was going to sponsor but got denied yesterday. The reason for the denial was because I didn’t show proof of my own personal saving of £2000 which I mentioned I have during my visa process despite showing proof of fund from my office.
So my question is can I reapply for a visa again for this conference and show proof of fund or should I reschedule the conference for a later date and reapply
Please can someone advise further on what to do

Sorry about your refusal you still have time to re apply and work on your present reason for the refusal.
Or perhaps you can move the date and go for the next one if that would give you enough time to put everything together and now the exchange rate is going up on Oanda putting naira fund balance to shame.
All the best.
When did you submit your biometrics?
Lagos or Abuja ?
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ferdinard266: 2:40pm On Jun 20, 2023
Thank you! Really want to know what my chances are. I did my biometric in Abuja on the 1st of June

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Atinukemi23: 3:39pm On Jun 20, 2023
Ferdinard266:
Thank you! Really want to know what my chances are. I did my biometric in Abuja on the 1st of June

There is no limit to how many times you can reapply or how long you should wait for till you can reapply as every new application submitted is decided based on the information provided at the time and you ensure you work on the reason(s) for your last refusal and you can state that in the visa refusal history/travel and immigration history section and you can also include it in your cover letter or the extra information section provided at the end of the application before your declaration.
Since it’s a conference and not just for visit/ tourism only I do not think re applying now means you are very very very desperate, this is a business trip.
With the current exchange rate you have to be sure you can still afford £2000 personal fund and even after the supposed trip won’t you go broke and be destitute you have to show proof to convince the ECO.
See if you can still meet up for the one in July if not go for the next one and all the best.
Views expressed is mine alone.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ferdinard266: 3:49pm On Jun 20, 2023
Atinukemi23:

There is no limit to how many times you can reapply or how long you should wait for till you can reapply as every new application submitted is decided based on the information provided at the time and you ensure you work on the reason(s) for your last refusal and you can state that in the visa refusal history/travel and immigration history section and you can also include it in your cover letter or the extra information section provided at the end of the application before your declaration.
Since it’s a conference and not just for visit/ tourism only I do not think re applying now means you are very very very desperate, this is a business trip.
With the current exchange rate you have to be sure you can still afford £2000 personal fund and even after the supposed trip won’t you go broke and be destitute you have to show proof to convince the ECO.
See if you can still meet up for the one in July if not go for the next one and all the best.
Views expressed is mine alone.
Thank you so much! Much appreciated
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jayyjay: 7:41pm On Jun 20, 2023
Thank you..I once opened a domiciliary account, I guess I would have to move my funds to that account and get paid there for the main time. Will this be sufficient? If yes, since the visa is for business not tourism, how long do you think I can wait before I reapply?
Thegamingorca:

Okay,

1) in the name of God and all the archangels in heaven, don't ever use that employer as your employer on a UK visa application form ever again. The documents you forwarded suggesting you worked with them were found wanting.

2) Get some bank in Nigeria (if you live in Naija) or any real bank any country with accountants with flesh and bones in their body that can be reached by the embassy wherever you are based and let your UK company be depositing the funds there.

3) Be frugal with spending. Earning 500 pounds and spending almost half every month doesn't speak well for your monthly disposable income. The ECO did not say it but 2200 pounds is well above your freaking disposable income for god's sake. Automatically what's going on in the ECO's mind is that "what if his employer pulls the rug and the 2000 pounds don't come?" he will think this one is going to come here to live on life support and public funds.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 11:28pm On Jun 20, 2023
gioleone7777:
Good day,
Please is it safe to pull out my money from my POF after the min 28 days before my visa is issued

NO. Don't try it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Stan03: 2:01am On Jun 21, 2023
Teegal215:

I quoted 900 pounds and got my visa

£900, For a period of how many days/week?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Apriltreasure: 12:59pm On Jun 21, 2023
Hello everyone the event I’m attending want me to send them Name of embassy contact:
Address of embassy contact:
Please what’s Name of UK embassy contact and address?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mosesadio: 1:30pm On Jun 21, 2023
Hi friend! Have you got a decision yet?

Atinukemi23:
Hello,
Sharing a timeline
Standard Visitor
( non priority service )
Biometrics 7th of June ( Ikeja)
Transferred the same day 7th June June.
Email received on the 11th of June (Sunday lol ) from DMC.
Nothing yet!

Thank you for your visa/entry clearance application which has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days and settlement applications within 60 working days (unless you have opted for a Priority Visa service).

We are unable to resolve your application within these customer service targets, due to operational restrictions. Please be assured that we will continue to progress your application to enable a decision to be made as soon as possible.

Please do not attend the application centre until you have been contacted by the VAC.

Kind regards
Croydon DMC

Definitely generic I won’t let it bother me as 2 different emails received almost the same time.
They now have some bunch of jokers at the DMC in Croydon, you will be surprised that they don’t even read most of the cover letters or pay attention to your applications, you see some of their refusal letters not constructed well I no no if na A levels students they recruited to email you it is when they make a big error and you fire them an email back they run to the case worker and you get a reply on time.
The DMC in Liverpool are better I saw timeline of those who submitted their biometrics around end of May and they got their pick up email this week ending although they are in ASIAN countries ( people from the current PM place) na dem dey rule now.
For everyone waiting hang in there to be honest PRAYER is the key regardless on how perfect your application or cover letter is you can still be pushed out of the window.
Good luck everyone.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by crackcrack: 1:40pm On Jun 21, 2023
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 3:00pm On Jun 21, 2023
crackcrack:
Good afternoon, guys. I have a dilemma which I'm hoping people could help me shed some light on.

I work as a remote contractor for a foreign company. My income is not fixed. It varies from month to month, depending on how much I choose to work, and how much work is available from the company. However, my monthly income always ranges from $2000 to $4000. Since the income is variable, there is no 'employment contract' that states a set amount that I earn monthly. This is my first problem.

My income is paid into my American bank account, which I opened when I lived there a few years ago. I send it to Nigeria using a local fintech. Basically, I send dollars to the fintech's dollar account, and they credit the corresponding Naira to my local bank account here. However, most of my money is in dollars in my American bank account. I only exchange some money to Naira when I need it. I'm not sure if this is straightforward enough for the ECO to understand. This is my second problem.

Because I work remotely, the ECO might think I have no incentive to return to Nigeria, since my job can be done from anywhere. I am also young and single, with very little responsibilities. While I have absolutely no intention to japa, I believe this might make it hard to demonstrate home ties to Nigeria. This is my third problem.

I believe I could try to explain all of these things to the ECO, but it seems complicated.

A friend suggested a possible solution: Find a registered Nigerian company to "employ" me. Every month, I would give them some money, say 1.5 million naira. Over a period of six months, they would pay this amount on the same date into a "salary account" of mine. When it's time to apply for the visa, they would write me a letter of introduction and leave letter. This would streamline things and remove the complications with my variable income. It also demonstrates ties in Nigeria: a job to come back to.

I am very uneasy and worried about taking this advice from my friend. It's dishonest, and I'm concerned about being banned for lying.

What do you guys think? Should I try to explain my situation to the ECO, or should I take the advice of finding a local company to act as an employer?

I would greatly appreciate any responses. Thanks.

Always say the truth. It is as simple as that.

In my estimation, your job will work in your favour. Why would you decide to stay in the UK when you have a good income from your remote job? If you have any property (land, house), declare it. If you have aged parents, you can use them as home ties. Just say the truth and pray for the best. Good luck!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by bemagnify: 5:45pm On Jun 21, 2023
I want to know if there is an interview for UK VISIT VISA.

(1) (2) (3) ... (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) ... (626) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

Viewing this topic: MrMagnetic, Pebble25 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.