Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,915 members, 7,828,196 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (477) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (843461 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) ... (622) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ZOE07: 2:52pm On Jul 10, 2023
Has anybody tried the "keep my passport" option before? Please I will require more clarification / answers on the subject.

I do not need to submit the passport when I do biometrics?
Once I am informed of decision, what is the timeline to submit passport?
Also what is the timeline to collect passport back after submission?

many thanks for your help / assistance on this. @justwise and everyone.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Opeyemi007: 2:54pm On Jul 10, 2023
You'd only submit your passport after a decision has been made on your application. Turnaround time is most times 2-3 working days.
ZOE07:
Has anybody tried the "keep my passport" option before? Please I will require more clarification / answers on the subject.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 2:56pm On Jul 10, 2023
KaceeDcontrol:

Guys, please will really appreciate your thoughts on this?Is a rent agreement critical as a proof of address when inviting someone on a visit visa or can bills alone be used?
I don’t think ECO will be reading the fine lines of your agreement. Also who said you will not be getting the letter closer to the visitor’s coming date?Dnt stress about the little things. Its the applicant the torchlight is more on
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 2:57pm On Jul 10, 2023
rittyben:

Thanks dear
dependent visa of what category?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ZOE07: 3:01pm On Jul 10, 2023
Thanks a bunch. Can I delay in submitting my passport after a decision has been made? How much time do I have to submit it?
Opeyemi007:
You'd only submit your passport after a decision has been made on your application. Turnaround time is most times 2-3 working days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Opeyemi007: 3:07pm On Jul 10, 2023
I don't know about this one sha
ZOE07:
Thanks a bunch. Can I delay in submitting my passport after a decision has been made? How much time do I have to submit it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by puffmama: 3:21pm On Jul 10, 2023
What was the outcome ? I hope they were granted the visas

quote author=zionuklove post=124278458]does. it mean visa is approved?

i applied for my folks 3 of them, and they did biometrics on 3rd.. but they received a dhl message that that their package is on the way with tracking

i did track the progress but it says its not completed so im kinda confused

is it too early?
[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Africankel(m): 3:33pm On Jul 10, 2023
ZOE07:

You'll be given 28 days to submit your passport
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Lumeel: 5:09pm On Jul 10, 2023
Please how else can I correct my previous mistake and reapply?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ChiefB: 8:46pm On Jul 10, 2023
Your document is ready for collection. Please bring Original Checklist documents
Check our Website for opening days/times.

Please, Elders of the house should help me interpret my fate with this message.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Blessedsteph: 8:47pm On Jul 10, 2023
Used KMP in May. You must submit your passport for scanning on the day of biometrics but they will hand it back to you immediately. Once your visa is ready you will get a call to resubmit it to the tls office. You have 28days to do this. Once submitted, it shouldn’t take more than 48hrs to receive collection mail. Mine came in less than 24hrs though. Abuja tls.
All the best.

ZOE07:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 9:08pm On Jul 10, 2023
Visa approved, if no mail received.

Goodluck
ChiefB:

Your document is ready for collection. Please bring Original Checklist documents

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ZOE07: 9:20pm On Jul 10, 2023
Thank you very much for this. I do appreciate. Did you do for standard visit visa also?

Blessedsteph:
Used KMP in May. You must submit your passport for scanning on the day of biometrics but they will hand it back to you immediately. Once your visa is ready you will get a call to resubmit it to the tls office. You have 28days to do this. Once submitted, it shouldn’t take more than 48hrs to receive collection mail. Mine came in less than 24hrs though. Abuja tls.
All the best.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by foley24: 9:23pm On Jul 10, 2023
Hello,
Please can anyone advice on what to do next ?

Mom’s visit visa was denied. Planned to bring her in for my sister’s graduation. She’s retired and I filled on the application form that I’m sponsoring the trip.

Documents submitted
My bank statement with balance of £3500
BRP (mine)
Passports (appplicant's, mine and sister )
Tenancy agreement
Letter of Invitation
Birth certificate
A letter from my sister school to confirm my sister status and intention to invite my mum

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by davodyguy: 9:27pm On Jul 10, 2023
A friend just got UK visa today.

Applied via skilled migration.

Submitted application on last week in June, got called for passport pick up last Friday.

Never knew it's this fast for healthcare/ Social care worker
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by KaceeDcontrol(m): 9:53pm On Jul 10, 2023
giselle237:
I don’t think ECO will be reading the fine lines of your agreement. Also who said you will not be getting the letter closer to the visitor’s coming date?Dnt stress about the little things. Its the applicant the torchlight is more on
Thanks Giselle. Just the confirmation I needed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by rittyben(f): 11:04pm On Jul 10, 2023
giselle237:
dependent visa of what category?
Child dependent on student visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by rittyben(f): 11:09pm On Jul 10, 2023
rittyben:

Hi guys, I actually found out about this thread after I had applied for dependant visa for my son. By the time I realised that the money I submitted as POF may not have been enough, it was late.
Visa was denied due to insufficient funds. I just made the funds available through property sales and I intend to reapply next month. Hope its not too soon. Because I really need him here

🙏
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 11:43pm On Jul 10, 2023
rittyben:

Child dependent on student visa
u can reapply when you have the funds. As long as there is no ban in place you should be fine
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by benjijosh(m): 12:48am On Jul 11, 2023
Please I need help to answer this question correctly. I am applying for a visit visa and Intend to just stay at any AirBnB close to wherever I would be visiting.

In the application I see:

"Give as much detail as possible of where you intend to stay, for example in a hotel, private housing, or with friends."

Answering with -> An AirBnB sufficient.

Also, I have read on few pages here about the budget of the trip too high or low. My budget is set at 5k GBP (includes ticket) and the total amount I spend in a month is set at 1.5k GBP Monthly income is set at 4.3k GBP Do I need to review?

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by thelma76(f): 8:03am On Jul 11, 2023
benjijosh:
Please I need help to answer this question correctly. I am applying for a visit visa and Intend to just stay at any AirBnB close to wherever I would be visiting.

In the application I see:

"Give as much detail as possible of where you intend to stay, for example in a hotel, private housing, or with friends."

Answering with -> An AirBnB sufficient.

Also, I have read on few pages here about the budget of the trip too high or low. My budget is set at 5k GBP (includes ticket) and the total amount I spend in a month is set at 1.5k GBP Monthly income is set at 4.3k GBP Do I need to review?

Thanks

Budget is 5k pounds ke? How many days are you staying and are you travelling with family? I honestly think you should budget 2500-3000 max and reduce number of days you’re staying if you are a single applicant. Remember UKVI doesn’t know where you would eventually be flying from and if you have a discounted ticket so just because websites say tickets may cost you 1500/2000 isn’t enough to quote that as your flight budget. Even though the budget seems okay compared to your DI and monthly income, I still believe you should revise downwards.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by thelma76(f): 8:04am On Jul 11, 2023
ChiefB:

Loool I don’t think anyone can guess correctly again o. This one that people now receive this email only to receive rejection mail later.

Probably better to go pick up for your confirmation. When was your biometrics? And what category of visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Deppy: 8:31am On Jul 11, 2023
ZOE07:
Thank you very much for this. I do appreciate. Did you do for standard visit visa also?

From what I understand, "Keep My Passport", only works with Standard visit visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ChiefB: 8:33am On Jul 11, 2023
thelma76:

Loool I don’t think anyone can guess correctly again o. This one that people now receive this email only to receive rejection mail later.

Probably better to go pick up for your confirmation. When was your biometrics? And what category of visa?

Exactly my mindset right now,
Haven't seen any rejection mail anyway. Cat is Standard visit.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Wales1111: 9:01am On Jul 11, 2023
Hello house pls I am at uxbridge London does anyone has an idea of care/ support agency I can apply to for work or any cleaning facility thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by 24krests: 9:02am On Jul 11, 2023
Please treat as urgent !!!

I have been offered a one year COS for a care job. I will like to know if there is anything like one year tier2 visa. My fear comes from the fact that every COS I’ve been told about is either 3 or 5years.

Can I use it the one year COS for my visa application.

Please help me!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Lawunmi11(f): 9:25am On Jul 11, 2023
Hi all
Please I need advice on what to do in this scenario
I want to invite my mother to my graduation but I can’t sponsor her because I can’t afford it
However, my brother in the US wants to sponsor her trip. He sent #1.5m in to her account a month ago. The issue now is that my mother is unemployed so is it okay to state and show in the bank statement that the money came from her son who is willing and capable to sponsor the trip. She has her own savings of about 600k in the account before the 1.5m. She’ll be staying with me during her 10 days trip
I stated in her application that she’s unemployed but receives a basic #100,000 monthly allowance from my brother sponsoring the trip.
I plan to show this in her bank statement too
I also added that she’s an integral part of the landlord association in her community to show that she has ties in her home country
Please What else can I add to the application to convince the Eco
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Segun889: 9:26am On Jul 11, 2023
To answer your question directly- Yes you can have a 1 year COS.
There is no fixed length for COS, it is rather dependent on the length of your contract. So bear in mind you will need a renewal of your work visa (ie new contract/COS) on or before the current one you will receive expires

24krests:
Please treat as urgent !!!

I have been offered a one year COS for a care job. I will like to know if there is anything like one year tier2 visa. My fear comes from the fact that every COS I’ve been told about is either 3 or 5years.

Can I use it the one year COS for my visa application.

Please help me!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Segun889: 9:41am On Jul 11, 2023
A few questions to ask; You have stated she is an integral part of the landlord association. so is she a homeowner? If yes, you can evidence this with property details.

Secondly, are you gonna be responding for her accommodation only?

Lastly, did your brother fund any part of your schooling or upkeep?

Overall, I think your brother in US should provide a supporting letter to state he would be responsible for her travel (visa application fees and flight ticket) and miscellaneous expenses during her 10 day visit for your graduation. He should also state the amount he will support her with and can also include a statement that he already made some transfer to her account for her trip. It might also help to include his bio data page of his passport as well as yours.

Lawunmi11:
Hi all
Please I need advice on what to do in this scenario
I want to invite my mother to my graduation but I can’t sponsor her because I can’t afford it
However, my brother in the US wants to sponsor her trip. He sent #1.5m in to her account a month ago. The issue now is that my mother is unemployed so is it okay to state and show in the bank statement that the money came from her son who is willing and capable to sponsor the trip. She has her own savings of about 600k in the account before the 1.5m. She’ll be staying with me during her 10 days trip
I stated in her application that she’s unemployed but receives a basic #100,000 monthly allowance from my brother sponsoring the trip.
I plan to show this in her bank statement too
I also added that she’s an integral part of the landlord association in her community to show that she has ties in her home country
Please What else can I add to the application to convince the Eco
Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) ... (622) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.