Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,647 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (506) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (830836 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) ... (615) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by alert20: 5:05pm On Aug 25, 2023
tyllapia:

My mom visiting visa was rejected this morning upon all the documents provided. I don't even know what to do.

Sorry for the refusal... If I may ask when was your mom's biometric and is this stardand or priority visa you paid for??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by tyllapia: 6:52pm On Aug 25, 2023
alert20:

Sorry for the refusal... If I may ask when was your mom's biometric and is this stardand or priority visa you paid for??
She went for her bio last week Monday and it was standard
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by alert20: 7:26pm On Aug 25, 2023
tyllapia:

She went for her bio last week Monday and it was standard

Oh I see thanks boss
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 10:54pm On Aug 25, 2023
KaceeDcontrol:
Good evening guys
Please is there a limit to the number of times one can enter the UK on a multiple entry 6 months visa?

No
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 10:55pm On Aug 25, 2023
tyllapia:

My mom visiting visa was rejected this morning upon all the documents provided. I don't even know what to do.

How long did she state she will stay in the UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by watiw: 11:15pm On Aug 25, 2023
Kindly help me. Do I require a change of name on my passport?

There is a letter typo in my passport name. I have Mariam instead of Moriam. All my documents(bank, bvn, employment )use the name Moriam. I intend to apply for UK visit visa but just confused with this error.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 11:27pm On Aug 25, 2023
watiw:

There is a letter typo in my passport name. I have Mariam instead of Moriam. All my documents(bank, bvn, employment )use the name Moriam. I intend to apply for UK visit visa but just confused with this error.

Might be an issue if not now, in the future. I suggest you get another passport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 6:14am On Aug 26, 2023
watiw:
Kindly help me. Do I require a change of name on my passport?There is a letter typo in my passport name. I have Mariam instead of Moriam. All my documents(bank, bvn, employment )use the name Moriam. I intend to apply for UK visit visa but just confused with this error.
you should have returned it back the moment you picked it up and saw the error. At the immigration office when you went for collection. Well change of name of one alphabet is free.
Go and apply for correction of data.
I will send the link. Read about the documents and what to do. https://passport.immigration.gov.ng/main
Apply and start the process
If you do not change it that means you will now be known as Moriam for the rest of your life.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by MosakuAW(m): 11:29am On Aug 26, 2023
fnykly:
Good afternoon House,

I went for my biometrics on the 12th of July and till now, tracking is showing that my application is still at the Decision Making Center.
Please I need an email I can use to contact them to get an update regarding my application and to let them know that my COS will be expiring by the end of September.

Thanks.

Good morning. Please, can you give me the link for tracking of application. Will I use the reference number that start with GWF or the one that start with LOS? Thanks. Kindly send me the link as well.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Drgreen2021(m): 4:59pm On Aug 26, 2023
MosakuAW:

Good morning. Please, can you give me the link for tracking of application. Will I use the reference number that start with GWF or the one that start with LOS? Thanks. Kindly send me the link as well.

Steps
1. Check your "UK visa application: payment confirmation" email sent to you.
2. Open and click on "Sign in to your application"
3. It will take you to UKVI website showing only password.
4. Input your password (if forgotten, click on forget password and follow up).
5. If logged in, click on "Provide documents and Biometrics"
6. Click on "Continue"
7. You will be redirected to TLScontact.
8. Click on "Track"
9. You will see what you are looking for.
All the best.

5 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Monday9393: 6:46pm On Aug 26, 2023
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by alert20: 7:01pm On Aug 26, 2023
Monday9393:
Please I need assistance on this, my wife receive a mail that she should provide some documents, and we did our biometric 4th July And also I didn't receive any mail .

My question is,
He it because of my wife issue that is why have not receive my visa?

4th July or 4th August??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Monday9393: 8:27pm On Aug 26, 2023
alert20:

4th July or 4th August??

July....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by watiw: 11:17pm On Aug 26, 2023
giselle237:
you should have returned it back the moment you picked it up and saw the error. At the immigration office when you went for collection. Well change of name of one alphabet is free.
Go and apply for correction of data.
I will send the link. Read about the documents and what to do. https://passport.immigration.gov.ng/main
Apply and start the process
If you do not change it that means you will now be known as Moriam for the rest of your life.
Not looking good. Please correct me if I'm wrong. This change has to be done in Abuja?

I didn't use the passport when it was forst issued years ago.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by watiw: 11:18pm On Aug 26, 2023
Cashmadam:

Might be an issue if not now, in the future. I suggest you get another passport.
Abuja things right?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 1:06am On Aug 27, 2023
watiw:

Go to passport office to fix it because Moriam and Mariam are 2 different names.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 6:16am On Aug 27, 2023
watiw:

Not looking good. Please correct me if I'm wrong. This change has to be done in Abuja?I didn't use the passport when it was forst issued years ago.
I sent you the link.
Open it and read. You can do it in any state.
Prepare the requested documents and make the correction of data application from the link

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by tyllapia: 11:09am On Aug 27, 2023
Cashmadam:

How long did she state she will stay in the UK?

Two weeks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by MrSoftlife(f): 4:46pm On Aug 27, 2023
watiw:

Not looking good. Please correct me if I'm wrong. This change has to be done in Abuja?

I didn't use the passport when it was forst issued years ago.

I learnt it can only be done in Abuja Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by IfeNimi: 6:30pm On Aug 27, 2023
mercykay1:

Please how did you rectify this? I am having the same issue.

I'm just seeing this.
I sent them a mail. But before they even responded, I booked the same date and time again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ruth1212: 9:04pm On Aug 27, 2023
Good evening everyone ,
Please does Rwanda air require transit visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by oluayebenz: 9:07pm On Aug 27, 2023
Ruth1212:
Good evening everyone ,
Please does Rwanda air require transit visa?

No
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ruth1212: 9:08pm On Aug 27, 2023
oluayebenz:

No
Thank you so much for your swift response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by oluayebenz: 9:12pm On Aug 27, 2023
Ruth1212:

Thank you so much for your swift response.

Your welcome

Even if you have a long layover, you can even enter Kigali city, it's free visa on arrival for Nigerian passport holder.
Safe trip
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ruth1212: 9:12pm On Aug 27, 2023
oluayebenz:

No

Please what about KLM? Does it require transit visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by oluayebenz: 9:13pm On Aug 27, 2023
Ruth1212:

Please what about KLM? Does it require transit visa?

Definitely Yes
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ruth1212: 9:15pm On Aug 27, 2023
oluayebenz:

Definitely Yes

Thank you, I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ufemia26: 4:02am On Aug 28, 2023
tyllapia:

So sorry dear. I had similar experience. My mom's was refused as well. I filled that she is self employed but I didn't back it up with supporting document. What I noticed is this; people who select the option of unemployed for their mom tend to get their visas approved. Selecting employed with documents to back it up works too. But you see that self-employed, omo... I think fails should you not back it up with lots of supporting documents.

May I know the list of documents you submitted for your mom?

How long did you say she would be staying in UK?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Everr(m): 9:21am On Aug 28, 2023
Hello,
Good morning all. Please I ommitted a document during my visa application. Is there something I can do about it to add it?

Can the visa officer contact an applicant to uoad a missing document ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by donogaga(m): 9:25am On Aug 28, 2023
Hello All,

Please if someone is travelling from Lagos to London via frankfurt Airport (1 hour stay) by Lufthansa airline and the passenger is not leaving the airport, Does he need a transit visa?

Regards.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by puffmama: 9:34am On Aug 28, 2023
If you have not done your biometrics , take the doc with you and pay 12k for assisted service , they will help you upload it . But if you have done so, it's to pray for favour , there have been cases people are asked for additional docs .

Everr:
Hello,
Good morning all. Please I ommitted a document during my visa application. Is there something I can do about it to add it?

Can the visa officer contact an applicant to uoad a missing document ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) ... (615) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.