Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,628 members, 7,816,588 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (508) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (830787 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) ... (615) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by puffmama: 1:41am On Aug 29, 2023
Card payment didn't go through as well but I did a book on hold and I got an email with their bank details . I transfered to the GTB account quoting my reference number as remark and my ticket was sent by email immediately.

quote author=Longjonjoe post=125423170]

Don’t be a dumb, I am saying from my experience, card payments doesn’t go through and I had to go to their office. Paid higher because of the exchange rate[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Khafsun: 6:12am On Aug 29, 2023
benjijosh:
I did my Biometrics since 3rd of Aug and it's still showing at DMC when I tracked it.

Does anyone know how I can follow cos I think it's taking longer than expected
Which venue did you do it and what type of application? Standard or priority?
Response for standard is 15 working days—3 weeks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 6:38am On Aug 29, 2023
NIKEDEEDS:
No..
You won't come down the plane at Geneva..
Hello the rules have changed since 2021. The person wont even board the flight without the transit visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by denzel231: 9:51am On Aug 29, 2023
Bigdreamzzz:
Almost all airline require a transit visa now
The ones that don’t are so expensive
which airline person fit use enter Aberdeen from Lagos?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 10:20am On Aug 29, 2023
denzel231:
which airline person fit use enter Aberdeen from Lagos?
BA
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ufemia26: 10:36am On Aug 29, 2023
tyllapia:

Thanks very much
These are the documents submitted
My payslip and that of wife
Children birth certificate
Alot of pictures for home ties
Land documents for home ties also
Market women association letter
Mummys statement of acct with 1million intact
A very detailed Cover letters.

However I want to reapply but this time I will say she is unemployed. Hope I have a chance

Don't change her employment status. It would raise red flag. They might revisit the previous application. You need more supporting documents to back her business. If your Dad is still alive, he should write a letter of consent and as well upload her marriage certificate. Her business should be registered too. Try and see if you can as well generate income tax receipts too for the business.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ufemia26: 10:40am On Aug 29, 2023
eyesaswide:
Hello,

I am about to file in a visit visa application for my mother. She would stay with us for 5 months, my husband and I would sponsor everything. Question is.. hope the duration of 5 months is not too much? She is a petty trader, should I file her as unemployed, since it’s just small fruit selling that she does. Anyone with similar experience?

Everyone is luck is not the same. I have a friend whose mother In laws visit visa was granted 4 days ago. He filled out that the mom in law is unemployed, she is 64yrs old. He didn't upload any documents for her. He only provided sponsorship documents from his own end
If you must fill that your mom is employed or self employed, you need to back it up with enough proofs.(Documents). Reduce the visit duration to two weeks as advice by Giselle.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ufemia26: 10:46am On Aug 29, 2023
dommakavelli:
How Can I address this issue in rejection letter. You state that you are self-employed and generate annual income of 11,000,000.00 NGN. I see you provided a letter to support this. But, the documents do not show your business is active and profitable or generates a regular income, nor prove how you derive your stated income from the business. it is unclear whether you are employed as declared or how you generate your stated income. This damages the credibility of your application and raises concerns about your intentions to travel to the UK at this time.

I intend go add my CAC document to prove business is active but how do I prove the business is profitable or generates a regular income
Add tax return certificate to it, invoices and receipts from your suppliers, proof of your business assets
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by benjijosh(m): 10:48am On Aug 29, 2023
Khafsun:

Which venue did you do it and what type of application? Standard or priority?
Response for standard is 15 working days—3 weeks

TLS Ikeja. Standard visit visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jenniferade: 1:46pm On Aug 29, 2023
Good day everyone, I applied for a visit visa for my parents and there biometrics was done last week, I got a mail this afternoon that there passports will be delivered tomorrow. Please, does that mean that the visit has been granted?? B
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sim2003: 2:16pm On Aug 29, 2023
Jenniferade:
Good day everyone, I applied for a visit visa for my parents and there biometrics was done last week, I got a mail this afternoon that there passports will be delivered tomorrow. Please, does that mean that the visit has been granted?? B

Check ur inbox. If there is letter attached to the mail. Congratulations to both of them if there is none

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ozzy15: 2:17pm On Aug 29, 2023
Good evening, I have an upcoming trip early October I just want to know if I make payment for the visa today what's the earliest biometric date I can get for tls ikeja. Has anyone recently applied please

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Newbiein2016: 2:29pm On Aug 29, 2023
I paid for a friend last weekend & got availability for today, 29th (standard visa, assisted service).

Go ahead and pay today.

Ozzy15:
Good evening, I have an upcoming trip early October I just want to know if I make payment for the visa today what's the earliest biometric date I can get for tls ikeja. Has anyone recently applied please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jenniferade: 2:42pm On Aug 29, 2023
sim2003:

Check ur inbox. If there is letter attached to the mail. Congratulations to both of them if there is none

No letter. Thanks so much

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by agathacally: 2:51pm On Aug 29, 2023
tyllapia:

What are the documents submitted please

Passport
House document
Invitation letter from my sister ( stated I needed to see my nephew who was born last month )
Birth certificate from me and my sister and my nephew
Brp of my sister and council tax
Personal statement ( I pay myself salary )
Business statement
Cac document
Csv showing how I make an income from my business
Cover letter ( was very detailed and I explained who will run my business for the one month trip I wanted to make )

Only travel history I had was Turkey and morroco

Had a Swedish denial that I forgot to mention in my application.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Maggggie: 3:08pm On Aug 29, 2023
Pls house🙏🏾
What does this means?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by castiello(m): 3:47pm On Aug 29, 2023
Hello people My student visa tracking status showed application has been transferred to Vac but I did not receive any decisions email I’m scared I don’t know the outcome of my application yet
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by puffmama: 5:54pm On Aug 29, 2023
Check CAC status online for your company , if it's inactive , you need to pay your annual returns and ensure it's active before you reapply . A lot of people have been refused visas because of this .

quote author=dommakavelli post=125413033]How Can I address this issue in rejection letter. You state that you are self-employed and generate annual income of 11,000,000.00 NGN. I see you provided a letter to support this. But, the documents do not show your business is active and profitable or generates a regular income, nor prove how you derive your stated income from the business. it is unclear whether you are employed as declared or how you generate your stated income. This damages the credibility of your application and raises concerns about your intentions to travel to the UK at this time.

I intend go add my CAC document to prove business is active but how do I prove the business is profitable or generates a regular income[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Yorkedwight: 6:34pm On Aug 29, 2023
castiello:
Hello people My student visa tracking status showed application has been transferred to Vac but I did not receive any decisions email I’m scared I don’t know the outcome of my application yet

Congratulations
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by benjijosh(m): 9:06pm On Aug 29, 2023
castiello:

When did you do your biometrics please?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Geniero: 7:24am On Aug 30, 2023
Good morning, can any one guide me on applying and,booking appointment for TB test at IOM Ikeja?.UK is not showing up when I tried to book online.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by alert20: 8:11am On Aug 30, 2023
benjijosh:

When did you do your biometrics please?

Good morning boss, have you tried to call ukvi in response of your application if it has been decided or not??

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by benjijosh(m): 11:24am On Aug 30, 2023
alert20:

Good morning boss, have you tried to call ukvi in response of your application if it has been decided or not??

I haven’t. I should do that later today
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sobastical: 1:27pm On Aug 30, 2023
Maggggie:
Pls house🙏🏾
What does this means?

Just keep.waiting and praying
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by alert20: 2:00pm On Aug 30, 2023
benjijosh:

I haven’t. I should do that later today

Ok good, at least you would know if a decision has been made and also when to expect the return of your passport ✌️✌️
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by chigirl45: 7:13pm On Aug 30, 2023
Jenniferade:
Good day everyone, I applied for a visit visa for my parents and there biometrics was done last week, I got a mail this afternoon that there passports will be delivered tomorrow. Please, does that mean that the visit has been granted??

Wow! That was fast. Is it priority and which TLS center?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by jimcykhan: 12:00am On Aug 31, 2023
Hi
Pls I need guide on travel history. I had Shengen C type visa (single entry) last year issued by Finland embassy. I travelled to Finland via Frankfurt where passport where my passport was stamped. 5 days after completing my engagement in Finland travelled to Paris for 4 day, then back to Frankfurt for departure to Nigeria.

So my arrival and departure stamp are reading Frankfurt. How do I complete my UK visa form? Number of entry in is it one or two? How do I explain this? Do I need to mention German and France too?

Thank you

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Newbiein2016: 1:47am On Aug 31, 2023
You just answered your own question - you had a single entry into the Schengen region.

Simple!

For travel history, you have been to Finland, France and Germany (use bus or train stubs and any other documents such as pictures, stubs from activities and submit as needed)

jimcykhan:
Hi
Pls I need guide on travel history. I had Shengen C type visa (single entry) last year issued by Finland embassy. I travelled to Finland via Frankfurt where passport where my passport was stamped. 5 days after completing my engagement in Finland travelled to Paris for 4 day, then back to Frankfurt for departure to Nigeria.

So my arrival and departure stamp are reading Frankfurt. How do I complete my UK visa form? Number of entry in is it one or two? How do I explain this? Do I need to mention German and France too?

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) ... (615) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.