Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,473 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (510) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (830207 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) ... (615) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Momoftwins: 6:34am On Sep 02, 2023
hi opeyemi,

can i send you an email or can you email me on yemiorpeh@gmail.com.
its about sending a PAP
Opeyemi007:
This could go on to six months though. My solicitor sent a PAP in October 2022, they replied after three months(January 2023) with another re-refusal(Reasons different from the initial ones). We sent another PAP in February (2023) and they replied in May(2023) agreeing with the challenge and granting the visa. It was a very long and daunting process. If I had reapplied without challenging, It would have been refused on some flimsy grounds. Wishing them the best
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by omoluka: 6:39am On Sep 02, 2023
Good morning people, please, must call log show mobile network operator name ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by buggi102kruse: 6:40am On Sep 02, 2023
Hello house,

Pls I want to make a paid call but don't know how it's done.
Do I need to buy like N5k airtime in my phone to call the line? Pls help me with the number to call...I need a guide on how it's done.

It's been 16 working days since I replied NSF mail regarding my son, yet nothing heard from ukvi. I don't even know if they got my reply email to the NSF. The worry is giving me headache
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Newbiein2016: 7:07am On Sep 02, 2023
https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk/y/outside-the-uk

Note that you need a dollar card for this.

buggi102kruse:
Hello house,

Pls I want to make a paid call but don't know how it's done.
Do I need to buy like N5k airtime in my phone to call the line? Pls help me with the number to call...I need a guide on how it's done.

It's been 16 working days since I replied NSF mail regarding my son, yet nothing heard from ukvi. I don't even know if they got my reply email to the NSF. The worry is giving me headache
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by buggi102kruse: 7:49am On Sep 02, 2023
Thanks so much for the response.

It's seems very expensive 3 to 65 pounds

It's not clear how to make the payment

Newbiein2016:
https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk/y/outside-the-uk

Note that you need a dollar card for this.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thewritingnerd(f): 11:03am On Sep 02, 2023
Please I’m curious sef. Are these ECOs usually Nigerians or British?
Atinukemi23:
l

We challenged the ECO decision last month for reconsideration, like I said previously it is not all the ECO that knows what he or she is doing, some roasted me for that statement, I have seen so many refusals that made absolute no sense, they are humans, they have hormones too we have the bad eggs among them who just refuse you based on flimsy excuse(s).
I didn’t take the second refusal likely, as there was no difference between the previous refusal which was last year, and the this recent one and it is based on financial grounds( enough sufficient funds with proof). (Looked more like a copy and paste to me ) Pre action protocol (PAP) was sent to the home office giving them 14days to reconsider before taking it further to court for JR.
They responded on the 14th day and yes a senior caseworker in his/ her right senses looked at the evidence submitted and he/she did agreed it was sufficient enough to grant the entry clearance visiting visa in the first place.
If we had accepted fate and re - apply the third time it MAY be refused again and that is too much dent, although they claim every new application(s) is decided based on its merit but I do not want to believe they do not look at your past history with them in concluding.
So fingers crossed on when my aunt and her children will be asked to bring their passports, it shouldn’t take up to 3months sha.
Sometimes you just have to push some buttons.
Don’t let the refusal bring you down, but first, do the right thing.
And good luck to everyone.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ufemia26: 4:13pm On Sep 02, 2023
Thegamingorca:

Ofcourse it was denied. You don't seem to grasp the way these VO reason with regards potential layovers and asylum seekers.

The reason she was denied as you say was because in actual fact she did not provide evidence(financially or in form of CAC documentation) of this fictitious business she runs as an employer. The onus was on you to do due diligence and garnish whatever meal you were preparing for the fat cats with enough seasoned pepper to mask the taste of the meal but you didn't.

This now brings me to your initial question. Here is a reverse-ask to that question.

"Assuming you put yourself in the visa officer's shoes!"

Will you ever attempt to grant anyone visa who was rejected despite beating their chest as self employed, lol who has now suddenly applied under category of an unemployed person?

Questions will be asked, eyebrows will be raised. Who will sponsor her feeding? Who will pay for the flight? When is she going back? Is she still trying to lie to her teeth? What are her ties to go back to Nigeria? Is it public funds she now wants to live on? Does she have a previous refusal?

"They say dey don't judge applications with previous ones. That's a very big lie oh, they actually check for any deviation to use to disqualify asylum seekers particularly those that hired agents that don't keep stories straight."

And wham! another hot refusal will land even faster than before.

So my dear, perish that idea you are cooking up just now. All this your brother's taking care of or managing her business for her no concine the VO. Prepare a very beautiful CAC certificate of this business which should be existing somewhere. With regular deposit of money from that business into her account as salary every month. Use a reasonable salary cos things get as it be for Naija now.

If you don't explain things to the VO down to the very minute detail and address why she was refused previously even going as far as referencing it in her next application! Then I am very sorry but that is a recipe for another hot refusal served perishingly cold.

A CAC document? Fine? What about tax return certificate? Or does having CAC enough proof that a business is in existence? Wouldn't the VO want to see how much she generates yearly and how much tax she pays on the small scale business? I don't have strength for all these documents. If there is any suggested document I could provide to back the fact that she has relinquish the business to her son or no longer in charge then I would appreciate it?
People's circumstances change. Someone who was self employed can become unemployed in 6 months time. Anything can happen. Moreover, her trip was to be sponsored by me down to every penny but like the VO said, they judge application individually.
One of the reason I initially filled in for self employed is because I thought that was the right thing to do owing to the fact the petty business actually belongs to her but she hardly goes to the shop for health reasons. These are not things I will have to start explaining to the VO. So?

A friend's mom in law was granted recently and he chose unemployed status when filling the form and the visa was granted. He didn't upload any supporting document to back up her personal circumstances. So? Are these rules cast in stone or are there exceptions?

Maybe, I will have to consult an immigration lawyer for a better advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ufemia26: 4:30pm On Sep 02, 2023
Thegamingorca:

Ofcourse it was denied. You don't seem to grasp the way these VO reason with regards potential layovers and asylum seekers.

The reason she was denied as you say was because in actual fact she did not provide evidence(financially or in form of CAC documentation) of this fictitious business she runs as an employer. The onus was on you to do due diligence and garnish whatever meal you were preparing for the fat cats with enough seasoned pepper to mask the taste of the meal but you didn't.

This now brings me to your initial question. Here is a reverse-ask to that question.

"Assuming you put yourself in the visa officer's shoes!"

Will you ever attempt to grant anyone visa who was rejected despite beating their chest as self employed, lol who has now suddenly applied under category of an unemployed person?

Questions will be asked, eyebrows will be raised. Who will sponsor her feeding? Who will pay for the flight? When is she going back? Is she still trying to lie to her teeth? What are her ties to go back to Nigeria? Is it public funds she now wants to live on? Does she have a previous refusal?

"They say dey don't judge applications with previous ones. That's a very big lie oh, they actually check for any deviation to use to disqualify asylum seekers particularly those that hired agents that don't keep stories straight."

And wham! another hot refusal will land even faster than before.

So my dear, perish that idea you are cooking up just now. All this your brother's taking care of or managing her business for her no concine the VO. Prepare a very beautiful CAC certificate of this business which should be existing somewhere. With regular deposit of money from that business into her account as salary every month. Use a reasonable salary cos things get as it be for Naija now.

If you don't explain things to the VO down to the very minute detail and address why she was refused previously even going as far as referencing it in her next application! Then I am very sorry but that is a recipe for another hot refusal served perishingly cold.

This is someone else testimony below

Visa Granted.
Application on 4th February
Appointment on 11th February
Transferred to DMC 14th February
Collection mail 8th March
Picked up 9th March.
No decision mail.
Standard Application at Ikeja

Visa is for my mother-in-law
I'm on a Tier 4 student Visa.
She is coming to visit her granddaughter (newborn).

Documents submitted....
Both passport (wife and I)
Both BRPs
Student enrollment letter.
Marriage certificate
Wife's Birth certificate
Mat B1 form from midwife
Birth registration appointment letter.
My bank statement (over 5k pounds)
Tenancy agreement.
Utility bill of my accommodation.
Introduction letter
Invitation letter.
Letter from her pastor permitting her to travel as she is a worker in church.
She is self employed... But I didn't include her bank details as I am the full sponsor. I only wrote her annual income and earnings (which was even less than 1 million).
Things I mentioned
She is coming to meet her first grandchild...
My wife and I are overwhelmed with the new responsibility and are struggling as it's our first experience...

These rules are not cast in stones. At least you can see that this person didn't provide any supporting document except a letter from her mom's pastor.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ShootingStar92: 8:05pm On Sep 02, 2023
Has anyone recently obtained a flight reservation for visa application (without paying the flight fare)? Please can you let me know how you did that. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Poanan: 9:09pm On Sep 02, 2023
tyllapia:

My mom visiting visa was rejected this morning upon all the documents provided. I don't even know what to do.

So sorry. What documents did you submit? People like Giselle can help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 11:06pm On Sep 02, 2023
ShootingStar92:
Has anyone recently obtained a flight reservation for visa application (without paying the flight fare)? Please can you let me know how you did that. Thanks

The app will only let you book for a day or two before you pay full
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ShootingStar92: 2:58am On Sep 03, 2023
Thegamingorca:

The app will only let you book for a day or two before you pay full

Which app please?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 3:05am On Sep 03, 2023
ShootingStar92:

Which app please?

Wakanow
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Dandicker: 10:21am On Sep 03, 2023
GoodMorning house, please I did my biometric on the 31st of July, Temporary work visa (creative work) then I was invited for interview on the 23rd of August. After the interview I haven't hear from UKVI, my application is still on DMC. Please is it advisable to call them now what do you think please. @ AdvanceDNA please help out....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by otedola1(m): 1:06pm On Sep 03, 2023
Thegamingorca:

There are other things better than going to the UK. Explore those, cos that agent don mess you up big time ontop the small issue Una been get

Next time don't put your life on a chopping board for butchers

Thanks for respond....pls what I can do 2 get reason refuse
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Arulez: 8:19pm On Sep 03, 2023
Hi, I need advice on rejection

Should I go for PAP and if yes can I submit it myself or do I need to hire solicitors?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ShootingStar92: 8:35pm On Sep 03, 2023
Arulez:

So my visa got rejected because ECO failed to see my current passport with valid visa and they assumed I’m illegally staying so they used that as a reason to reject my visa application. Aren’t VFS supposed to send the latest passport scan to UKVI?

You declare that you are a student and whilst I acknowledge that you have submitted a letter purporting to be from [Redacted] University in support of your application which I have reviewed as part of my decision, I note that the letter does not confirm your regular attendance. I am aware that this letter was produced at your own request and solely for the purpose of this visa application. You have not provided any other documentation to demonstrate that you are studying, for example academic transcripts. In the absence of further information, I am not satisfied that you are settled and established as a student, with ongoing studies to return to, that would ensure your departure from the UK. As a result, I am not satisfied that you have presented a complete and accurate picture of your personal circumstances in your country of residence and this damages the overall credibility of your application.

In addition, [Redacted] pass you have provided, although genuine has expired and a valid one has not been provided which damages the overall credibility of your application.

I am therefore not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor and that you intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit. Your application is therefore refused under paragraph V 4.2 (a) & (c) of the Immigration Rules.

Should I go for PAP and if yes can I submit it myself or do I need to hire solicitors?

You submitted an expired pass
You didn’t add your academic transcript and no other evidence to back up your studentship even if you had a valid visa. Why not consider reapplying with all that is required and writing a cover letter to explain any other issues.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 9:16pm On Sep 03, 2023
Arulez:

So my visa got rejected because ECO failed to see my current passport with valid visa and they assumed I’m illegally staying so they used that as a reason to reject my visa application. Aren’t VFS supposed to send the latest passport scan to UKVI?

You declare that you are a student and whilst I acknowledge that you have submitted a letter purporting to be from [Redacted] University in support of your application which I have reviewed as part of my decision, I note that the letter does not confirm your regular attendance. I am aware that this letter was produced at your own request and solely for the purpose of this visa application. You have not provided any other documentation to demonstrate that you are studying, for example academic transcripts. In the absence of further information, I am not satisfied that you are settled and established as a student, with ongoing studies to return to, that would ensure your departure from the UK. As a result, I am not satisfied that you have presented a complete and accurate picture of your personal circumstances in your country of residence and this damages the overall credibility of your application.

In addition, [Redacted] pass you have provided, although genuine has expired and a valid one has not been provided which damages the overall credibility of your application.

I am therefore not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor and that you intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit. Your application is therefore refused under paragraph V 4.2 (a) & (c) of the Immigration Rules.

He did not fail to see it. He just chose to ignore that part cos you were non challant about your application. You fail to realize that(like other students trying to renew visa) there are certain things you ought to have provided. Which he then took time to explain to you what.

He is not going to approve an application from you if those things are not provided. Cos to him he feels instead of studying nah prostitution ring you go join. grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Longjonjoe: 11:06pm On Sep 03, 2023
iamademola:

Hello greeting boss

Pls confirm if I need a transit visa for this flight itenary

Ethiopian airline , from Lagos - Addisabba- Frankfurt- Glasgow.

If it need a transit visa how can I get it asap ?

You need a schengen transit visa. Frankfut is in Germany and they are under the schengen union
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Arulez: 1:47am On Sep 04, 2023
ShootingStar92:

You submitted an expired pass
You didn’t add your academic transcript and no other evidence to back up your studentship even if you had a valid visa. Why not consider reapplying with all that is required and writing a cover letter to explain any other issues.
The thing is the current pass is in my current passport which was supposed to be scanned by VFS. Also I asked VFS staff and they told me that it will be scanned by them as a part of passport submission.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Arulez: 1:48am On Sep 04, 2023
Thegamingorca:

He did not fail to see it. He just chose to ignore that part cos you were non challant about your application. You fail to realize that(like other students trying to renew visa) there are certain things you ought to have provided. Which he then took time to explain to you what.

He is not going to approve an application from you if those things are not provided. Cos to him he feels instead of studying nah prostitution ring you go join. grin

Exactly, who goes to another country to study on expired pass and pay huge fees 🤷‍♂️
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by TheLoanGuy: 9:52am On Sep 04, 2023
Hello everyone,

Please I need your advice.

My dad was granted a Standard UK Visitor Visa for 6 months, he was invited and sponsored by his cousin.
In the invitation letter and application it was stated that he'll be there for a month.
However, we think since he was given 6 months, he could stay for 5 months so the validity period will not waste, but the travel agent is saying he should spend 3 months there instead and return.

I am of the opinion that since he was given 6 months and he doesn't intend to exceed the validity period, he can stay within there for up to 5 months without any issues with the immigration officers as long as he has a return ticket within the validity period. And there's almost no difference between 3 and 5 months, as long as he's not spending one month, it is literally the same thing.

I would like to know if there's no issue if he spends up to 5 months and not 1 month as stated in his application. Thank you.

@Giselle237
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Estarera: 11:26am On Sep 04, 2023
giselle237:
nope. Addis Ababa alone is fine
Hi Giselle, please can I reach out to you? I have some enquiries. Can I get your email address? Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by donwitty(m): 7:24pm On Sep 04, 2023
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by abuhusna1: 7:37pm On Sep 04, 2023
TheLoanGuy:
Hello everyone,

Please I need your advice.

My dad was granted a Standard UK Visitor Visa for 6 months, he was invited and sponsored by his cousin.
In the invitation letter and application it was stated that he'll be there for a month.
However, we think since he was given 6 months, he could stay for 5 months so the validity period will not waste, but the travel agent is saying he should spend 3 months there instead and return.

I am of the opinion that since he was given 6 months and he doesn't intend to exceed the validity period, he can stay within there for up to 5 months without any issues with the immigration officers as long as he has a return ticket within the validity period. And there's almost no difference between 3 and 5 months, as long as he's not spending one month, it is literally the same thing.

I would like to know if there's no issue if he spends up to 5 months and not 1 month as stated in his application. Thank you.

@Giselle237
He should spend 1 month then go again spend 2 months towards end of his visa. He can come back and renew 2 years. If he spend 5 months that is end of visit visa for him cos they will wonder how he survived 5 months without working in the uk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 7:58pm On Sep 04, 2023
TheLoanGuy:

Be factual. You definitely know 1 month, 3 months and 5 months are not the same. Or is a 1 month salary same as that of 3 months and also same as that of 5 months? I don’t like when we try to twist narratives to align with what we want to hear:
He can stay. Just let him find his way before the visa expires and can decide to provide insight to the visa officer during next applicatx or not. It is not mandatory. A few get bitten when they next reapply without strong reasons.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 7:59pm On Sep 04, 2023
Estarera:
Hi Giselle, please can I reach out to you? I have some enquiries. Can I get your email address? Thank you.
How much you get for this enquiries pls?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by MrSoftlife(f): 8:55pm On Sep 04, 2023
giselle237:

grin They will carry your name to the altar of fire and unleash blessings upon you and your household
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by MrSoftlife(f): 8:57pm On Sep 04, 2023
This UK new Electronic Travel Authorization is just funny… This Youkay PM just trying to generate revenue left and right.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by TheLoanGuy: 9:37pm On Sep 04, 2023
abuhusna1:

He should spend 1 month then go again spend 2 months towards end of his visa. He can come back and renew 2 years. If he spend 5 months that is end of visit visa for him cos they will wonder how he survived 5 months without working in the uk
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Estarera: 9:38pm On Sep 04, 2023
giselle237:
Lol
Let’s just talk first 😂
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by TheLoanGuy: 9:40pm On Sep 04, 2023
giselle237:

Be factual. You definitely know 1 month, 3 months and 5 months are not the same. Or is a 1 month salary same as that of 3 months and also same as that of 5 months? I don’t like when we try to twist narratives to align with what we want to hear:
He can stay. Just let him find his way before the visa expires and can decide to provide insight to the visa officer during next applicatx or not. It is not mandatory. A few get bitten when they next reapply without strong reasons.
Oh I understand better now. Thank you.

I just thought since they gave him 6 months, he can spend up to 6 months, but I have a better understanding now. I didn't want to be a reason his chances of reapplying in the future will get messed up.

Thanks to you and abuhusna1. I really appreciate it 🙏🏾

(1) (2) (3) ... (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) ... (615) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.