Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,874 members, 7,817,571 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (523) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (831902 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) ... (616) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Segun889: 6:03pm On Oct 03, 2023
Without deep consideration of your qualifications, customer care role, health care assistant and administrative job roles are your best bet.

damble:
Hello, I am a dependent on my husband student's Visa. What kind of jobs can I get around liverpool? Or what short course (program) can I do to get a job fast. Thanks all for your help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Segun889: 6:21pm On Oct 03, 2023
Hi, so sorry to hear about your sister's visa refusal.
Almost as a general rule of thumb, offering to sponsor the entire trip proffers significant advantage for the applicant as it reduces the burden to demonstrate affordability for the trip. Secondly, your financial documents and position is more trackable, believable and trustworthy for the caseworker. That said, the applicant would not need to show bogus sums in his/her account or give so much explanation whilst not ignoring demonstrating home ties.
Just like you have done for your brother successfully, i have had same successful results for over the last 8 years even for both unrelated folks/ old friends e.t.c. just by stating in the invitation letter that "i would be covering all travel expenses for the trip and any other expenses that may be incurred whilst in UK and until his/her departure from the UK".

In a nutshell, your question "Would it be easier if I offer to sponsor her trip 100% while she only declares her employment"?. On a balance of probability it's a YES.

Mamasibs:
Hello,

I would appreciate some help with my sister’s visa. She just received her third refusal(attached). We are quite confused about what happened with her CAc registration and are checking to see if she was scammed.

I wanted her to attend my baby’s christening which is unlikely to happen. I was going to suggest waiting until next summer the applying again.

Would it be easier if I offer to sponsor her trip 100% while she only declares her employment? I did this for my brother (they were meant to be travelling together) and he was successful.

Please help. I spent a lot of time on her application.

We did a spreadsheet explaining the source of her income with receipt. Her husband also wrote a letter confirming his monthly contribution to her account. I also provided all my details (house documents, payslip, British passport, invitation card and photos) I'm not sure what else can be done.

Would it be easier if I offered to pay for all her expenses? Help

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by damble: 6:25pm On Oct 03, 2023
Segun889:
Without deep consideration of your qualifications, customer care role, health care assistant and administrative job roles are your best bet.

I appreciate your input
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by MayCar: 6:34pm On Oct 03, 2023
ShootingStar92:

You can write a letter of consent and in the letter explain that you are aware of her visit and you consent to this and also, you consent to your joint account being used as sponsor evidence.

Many Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Opeolami(m): 6:59pm On Oct 03, 2023
I need advice on what to do.

I did biometric on 13th Sept, standard application though I use an immigration lawyer to file the application. The last time I contacted him on how to track the progression of my application , he said it makes no difference that he will be contacted when a decision is made.

My resumption date on the cos started 15th October.

What do I need to do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Melvination: 7:09pm On Oct 03, 2023
Hi guys!

I have few questions to ask concerning UK tourist visa application.

1: Can 3 months proof of fund scale through?
2: must you have an invitation in the UK as part of documents for the UK tourist visa application? Though am sponsoring my self all through my stay. I already have a brother over there and a friend as well.
3 : Can a salary account that is already servicing a bank loan scale through for proof of funds? I have over ₦6million naira in the account. Last year I collected a loan of ₦700k which am still servicing till date.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 7:32pm On Oct 03, 2023
Kunleop:
Hi

Thank you for prompt response.

Kindly assist with the below requirement as I'm applying for my mum with limited ties to Nigeria.

I have the following documents for her,

Land documents and receipt, no certificate of occupancy,
Letter for from my mosque confirming her role and reason for travel.
Letter from Nigeria union of tailor with membership ID card.
Shop rent receipt and agreement documents.
Letter from my siblings and their prof of relationship.
Pictures with siblings and grandchildrens.
Thank you so much @cashmadam,@giselle237.
Is all this documents okay to proof of ties back home.

I think you have everything. Ensure you fill the form carefully and double check for any discrepancies. Good luck!

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dirolad(m): 9:31pm On Oct 03, 2023
Mamasibs:
Hello,

I would appreciate some help with my sister’s visa. She just received her third refusal(attached). We are quite confused about what happened with her CAc registration and are checking to see if she was scammed.

I wanted her to attend my baby’s christening which is unlikely to happen. I was going to suggest waiting until next summer the applying again.

Would it be easier if I offer to sponsor her trip 100% while she only declares her employment? I did this for my brother (they were meant to be travelling together) and he was successful.

We did a spreadsheet explaining the source of her income with receipt. Her husband also wrote a letter confirming his monthly contribution to her account. I also provided all my details (house documents, payslip, British passport, invitation card and photos) I'm not sure what else can be done.

visit
https://search.cac.gov.ng/
And search for the company they helped you to register,if it's not there, then the E.C.O was right. His/her monthly outgoing funds is above the amount declared, That's discrepancy.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Benicetome: 9:43pm On Oct 03, 2023
Visa Alert

Just thought i should share my experience here since i have also learnt a lot here.

I applied for a 6 months visiting visa for my sister who is a first timer. she is a teacher in Government school and earn less than 90k.
Submission date: Sept 19,2023
Document received at DMC: September 20,2023
Document sent to VAC: September 27,2023
Collection email: September 28, 2023

Documents submitted:
1. Personal Mutual Fund Statement- 410k
2. Personal Bank Statement-280k
3. Sponsors Bank statement
4. Employment letter
5. Letter from my employer - Lagos State Government
6. Family photos
7. Birth Certificates for her and her sister who is inviting her
8. Invitation letter, pay slips and resident permit from her sister and her husband
9. her Pay slips
10. Photographs
11. Sponsor letters
12. Our dad`s death certificate- she mentioned that her fathers rent was the lump sum in her bank account
13. Our Dad`s property document
14. Lawyers agreement to manage our dad`s property
15. detailed cover letter explaining her reasons for travelling, her travel Itinery and finances( copied that from this platform)
16. Her personal property contract of sale and allocation of plot

P.S. she applied along side myself and my husband as we have visited the UK many times
she got a sponsor letter from my mum who wrote a letter to give her 400 pounds, myself 250 pounds and my husband to buy her ticket.
she had 3 sponsors .

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AfahaAbia(m): 6:35am On Oct 04, 2023
Mamasibs:
Hello,

It's better if in her next application you state that you will be taking care of all expenses. That works most of the time

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mamasibs: 9:28am On Oct 04, 2023
giselle237:
3rd refusal and she can not afford her trip so much so that you now want to sponsor the trip wholly is not a good look. At least her husband if at all, should be able to sponsor the trip if she is not able to. How did she arrive at been a sole owner and not able to prove the financial status of her business and be extension of her financial status? I would leave the UK alone for now. The application otherwise begins to scream of desperation.

Thanks for replying.

We were thinking of applying next summer. Is this enough time? I am actually the one begging my siblings to visit. My little one has underlying health conditions that make it challenging to travel to Nigeria. - I provided her hospital records as proof

She did submit her business account, receipts, photos from her events and CaC document. The issue is when they searched for her company online nothing came up. This made them doubt if she truly owned a business. 80% of her travel expenses were from her profits.

From our CaC contact
.” the registration may be fake because he’s seeing some issues with it. For instance, at the time the business was registered, they were still filling the forms by hand manually, and your own looks computer generated. It may have been registered at the State office in Anambra, but when business names were eventually being uploaded to the new service at the headquarters, your file wasn’t uploaded, so it cannot be found on the central portal because it still hasn’t been uploaded.”

Actions we plan to take ahead of next summer
Clean her accounts so transactions are clear to identify
Limit expenses on the account she intends to use
Rectify the issue with CAC

Is this ok?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mamasibs: 9:29am On Oct 04, 2023
AfahaAbia:

It's better if in her next application you state that you will be taking care of all expenses. That works most of the time

Noted, thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mamasibs: 9:41am On Oct 04, 2023
Segun889:
Hi, so sorry to hear about your sister's visa refusal.
Almost as a general rule of thumb, offering to sponsor the entire trip proffers significant advantage for the applicant as it reduces the burden to demonstrate affordability for the trip. Secondly, your financial documents and position is more trackable, believable and trustworthy for the caseworker. That said, the applicant would not need to show bogus sums in his/her account or give so much explanation whilst not ignoring demonstrating home ties.

Just like you have done for your brother successfully, i have had same successful results for over the last 8 years even for both unrelated folks/ old friends e.t.c. just by stating in the invitation letter that "i would be covering all travel expenses for the trip and any other expenses that may be incurred whilst in UK and until his/her departure from the UK".

In a nutshell, your question "Would it be easier if I offer to sponsor her trip 100% while she only declares her employment"?. On a balance of probability it's a YES.

Ah, wonderful! Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Peachesarewhite: 11:04am On Oct 04, 2023
Please I need help!

I made payment for visitor visa $127, I got a mail that the payment was refused by my card provider. Only to discover at the bank today that the account was debited. What do I do please?

@Giselle237
@cashmadam
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Xeedorf: 12:10pm On Oct 04, 2023
Partner10:
Please i need your help people, i applied for a visit visa in 2019 which was denied because i did not explain my transactions, the issue i have now is that i added my partner back then as my wife since we lived in the same house and we have a child together but along the line we have gone our separate ways and i now legally married to another woman with 2 kids. I want to make another application now this december and i dont know if they will request for divorce papers or how do i go about explaining to them that we are not officially married since my details will change when i submit this new application in december. Please help

Write Separation agreement letter or Divorced letter if you're legally married
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 12:48pm On Oct 04, 2023
Peachesarewhite:
Please I need help!

I made payment for visitor visa $127, I got a mail that the payment was refused by my card provider. Only to discover at the bank today that the account was debited. What do I do please?

@Giselle237
@cashmadam

I believe it will be reversed in a couple of days. If you don't get the credit by Monday, you should escalate the issue with your bank.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Peachesarewhite: 1:44pm On Oct 04, 2023
Cashmadam:

I believe it will be reversed in a couple of days. If you don't get the credit by Monday, you should escalate the issue with your bank.

Ok thanks. Let me wait then
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by seyewest(m): 5:08pm On Oct 04, 2023
Good day everyone,
How much is 5yrs UK Visiting visa as at this week?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Knowlegeseeking: 11:29pm On Oct 04, 2023
Hi Guys,

I am applying for a visit visa for my retired mum. As part of evidences for home ties, Please who has letter of attestation template from church, so i can send to her church which they can print on their letter head.

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Melvination: 6:41am On Oct 05, 2023
Can somebody respond to my enquiries please
Melvination:
Hi guys!

2: must you have an invitation in the UK as part of documents for the UK tourist visa application? Though am sponsoring my self all through my stay. I already have a brother over there and a friend as well.
3 : Can a salary account that is already servicing a bank loan scale through for proof of funds? I have over ₦6million naira in the account. Last year I collected a loan of ₦700k which am still servicing till date.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by knowledgeBee: 7:40am On Oct 05, 2023
Eligibility Requirements
You must have a passport or travel document to enter the UK. It should be valid for the whole of your stay.

You must be able to show that:

you’ll leave the UK at the end of your visit
you’re able to support yourself and your dependants during your trip (or have funding from someone else to support you)
you’re able to pay for your return or onward journey (or have funding from someone else to pay for the journey)
you’ll not live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or successive visits, or make the UK your main home
You may need to meet extra eligibility requirements if you’re visiting the UK

If you want to visit Dubai i recommend contact CaptainDunes. Com I highly recommend Captain Dunes for an unforgettable travel experience. Their professionalism and expertise ensured that every moment of my trip in Dubai was seamless and filled with incredible memories.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mamadf: 8:24am On Oct 05, 2023
Good morning, please I need help on this issues.
I want to start my visa application for standard visitor's visa, please if I am good to go guys please tell me if not correct my errors, it's my first time.
1)my passport will expire February 2024 but my trip is just a month which is December.
2)I will be doing a 3weeks course and they will give me a visa support letter and the school is recognize by gov.uk ,so the total cost of trip is approximately 2k pounds.
3) I have 3.5m naira as statement of account,for 3months
4) for proof of fund I am using and inheritance rental property which worth up to 80million naira (it's a shared property but I have the upper hand)and yearly turn up of 2million naira
And also my personal house that has a yearly income of 1million, with all documents with me both the inheritance property.
5)I am a house wife, I want to travel when my daughter will be on holiday,
6) I have been trying to pay 250pounds so I can get my visa support letter but couldn't with my master card,they said I need a dollar account,went to access bank, they said I have to open a dollar and a pounds account.
6) I bought 100usd for 100,000naira was I cheated,how can I get pounds or dollar at lesser rate,thank you.
7) lastly I am using port Harcourt visa center.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 9:13am On Oct 05, 2023
Mamadf:
I want to start my visa application for standard visitor's visa, please if I am good to go guys please tell me if not correct my errors, it's my first time.
1)my passport will expire February 2024 but my trip is just a month which is December - you need a passport with at least 6 months validity
2)I will be doing a 3weeks course and they will give me a visa support letter and the school is recognize by gov.uk ,so the total cost of trip is approximately 2k pounds.
4) for proof of fund I am using and inheritance rental property which worth up to 80million naira (it's a shared property but I have the upper hand)and yearly turn up of 2million naira
And also my personal house that has a yearly income of 1million, with all documents with me both the inheritance property.
6) I have been trying to pay 250pounds so I can get my visa support letter but couldn't with my master card,they said I need a dollar account,went to access bank, they said I have to open a dollar and a pounds account. - why do you need to pay? Are you sure it is not a scam?
6) I bought 100usd for 100,000naira was I cheated,how can I get pounds or dollar at lesser rate,thank you. - USD went up to 1,008 so you were not cheated

Start by renewing your passport. Your current passport will not fly.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 9:16am On Oct 05, 2023
Mamadf:
1)my passport will expire February 2024 but my trip is just a month which is December.
6) I have been trying to pay 250pounds so I can get my visa support letter but couldn't with my master card,they said I need a dollar account,went to access bank, they said I have to open a dollar and a pounds account.
6) I bought 100usd for 100,000naira was I cheated,how can I get pounds or dollar at lesser rate,thank you.

You need to renew your passport. Your current passport will not work. Dollar went up to 1,008 so you were not cheated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 9:18am On Oct 05, 2023
Melvination:
Hi guys!

1. Yes

2. Not necessasrily. Your brother can give you a letter stating he will house and feed you - if he is willing to do that

3. Yes

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mamadf: 9:29am On Oct 05, 2023
Cashmadam:

Start by renewing your passport. Your current passport will not fly.

Thankssss
Is not scam, the course I apply for,all the school I inquired from are saying the same deposit
Also what about the other details,are they in order?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 9:53am On Oct 05, 2023
Mamadf:

Thankssss
Is not scam, the course I apply for,all the school I inquired from are saying the same deposit
Also what about the other details,are they in order?

Yes, other details are fine.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Kkizi(m): 10:13am On Oct 05, 2023
Good day all.
Please I did my biometrics on 13th September 2023 on a Student standard visa,and the latest for me to arrive UK on my CAS letter is 9th Oct 2023.
However, up till today being 5th Oct 2023,am yet to get my visa approved.
Am greatly disturbed by this development.i don't know what to do next.
Am monitoring it and it's still on application Received by DMC.
What do I do please.i need your advice please.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Melvination: 10:35am On Oct 05, 2023
Thanka a million. I appreciate 😁
Cashmadam:

1. Yes

2. Not necessasrily. Your brother can give you a letter stating he will house and feed you - if he is willing to do that

3. Yes
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 12:30pm On Oct 05, 2023
You dont need a passport with 6 months validity for the UK. Your passport only needs to be valid after your trip. Please my parent applied with a passport 4 months validity and 2 of my cousins as well. For their very 1st visas.
The 6 months visa was given which was after their passport validity.
UK does not require 6 months and that is why you can not find this information about 6 months on the UKVI bible site which is www.gov.uk

(1) (2) (3) ... (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) ... (616) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: Arise01, Naijagram(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.