Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,590 members, 7,837,225 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (526) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (853203 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) ... (626) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 10:40pm On Oct 11, 2023
SammyAi80:
Good evening guys.
This thread is really informative, thank you all for all the information you provide daily.
Please I have a question, I’m applying for a uk visa…there’s a part that is for ‘other sources of income’. I don’t have any other source of income, just my salary. Can I just put No instead of putting yes and having to lie about another source of income that I don’t have? Thank you.

No is fine. If you say Yes, you will need to prove the other sources of income.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 10:41pm On Oct 11, 2023
elvi02:
Pls house I need guidance, I made a mistake in the postal code and my destination ( where I was supposed to put 11 and united kingdom I wrote 12 and united state) my biometric is next week ; I don't know if I can change it before that day
P.s I will be uploading my documents when I get there.

How did that happen? Draft a cover letter to address the mistake and upload with the other documents. Although I don't think it's that serious.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 10:42pm On Oct 11, 2023
makforex:
Morning good pple here on nairaland.
Pls I need an urgent response to this.
I want to apply for UK visitor visa and I want to know if I can get an appointment date now because I want to travel to Italy early next month I don't want a situation where I won't get back my passport before my departure date.
Pls someone should put more light on this for me. Thanks.

You should be able to get a date for your biometric. You can pay for priority or pay to hold on to your passport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by cheeketo(f): 10:55pm On Oct 11, 2023
Hello, is there no normal biometrics date available on tls website, all am seeing is flexi and prime
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by fabulous2019: 7:12am On Oct 12, 2023
Good dayhouse, pls my wife did her biometric for skilled worker since on the 9th of August and got letter for additional information from sponsor, sponsored said they replied, she still got an additional information needed by sponsor on the 6th of September and sponsored said they replied again, till now nothing have been heard from ukvi

She did priority and within Uk, has anyone experience such, pls share your experience thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by groovvyy: 8:01am On Oct 12, 2023
Who has used Saudi airline to get to the UK pls?
What food items do they allow and not allow in checked in baggage?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by JulianaAdeyemi: 8:48am On Oct 12, 2023
Good morning house, how is everyone doing?
Please I’m applying for uk visa and I want to submit today but I have just two questions pending.
1. I have a sponsor and I’ve gotten all the necessary documents. There’s a place that asks ‘ how much money are you personally planning to spend?’ Do I put nil cos my sponsor is paying for everything or do I put something there? Maybe 500k?
2. There’s a place that asks for sponsor details and ‘why they are paying for the trip’ - I put my relationship with the sponsor (he’s my uncle) but can anyone please help me with a legit reason. I don’t know what to put there. He actually encouraged me to apply for a visa and take time off work to travel so when I told him I will apply he volunteered to sponsor the trip. Can I put that reason?
Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by SammyAi80: 9:38am On Oct 12, 2023
Cashmadam 🙌🏽
Thank you so much.
More money in your bank account 🙌🏽🙌🏽

Cashmadam:

No is fine. If you say Yes, you will need to prove the other sources of income.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 11:55am On Oct 12, 2023
JulianaAdeyemi:
Good morning house, how is everyone doing?
Please I’m applying for uk visa and I want to submit today but I have just two questions pending.
1. I have a sponsor and I’ve gotten all the necessary documents. There’s a place that asks ‘ how much money are you personally planning to spend?’ Do I put nil cos my sponsor is paying for everything or do I put something there? Maybe 500k? hmmm sponsor is dicey. You are an adult and I assume you work. Your personal and financial circumstances will be scrutinized.
2. There’s a place that asks for sponsor details and ‘why they are paying for the trip’ - I put my relationship with the sponsor (he’s my uncle) but can anyone please help me with a legit reason. I don’t know what to put there. He actually encouraged me to apply for a visa and take time off work to travel so when I told him I will apply he volunteered to sponsor the trip. Can I put that reason? You can but it might not be convincing enough. Why would your Uncle set aside his expenses to spend so much money on your trip?
Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Estarera: 12:44pm On Oct 12, 2023
[quote author=Cashmadam post=126356141][/quote]
Thank you Cashmadam.
Yes I work but I have a lot of expenses and I’m currently funding my masters plus I just paid my school fees this month that’s why I’m not using my account- although I’m submitting my statements too. My uncle actually suggested we all apply for visa and travel and he’s funding our trips that’s why I’m using him. As to why he’s funding our trips- he has money and he likes showing off 😂
If I had planned it since, I’d have asked him to move the money for the trip to my account so it’ll be there for 6 months and I can use my own account but it’s already too late.
So can I put an amount in the part of how much I’m planning to spend personally?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 1:34pm On Oct 12, 2023
Estarera:

Thank you Cashmadam.
Yes I work but I have a lot of expenses and I’m currently funding my masters plus I just paid my school fees this month that’s why I’m not using my account- although I’m submitting my statements too. My uncle actually suggested we all apply for visa and travel and he’s funding our trips that’s why I’m using him. As to why he’s funding our trips- he has money and he likes showing off 😂
If I had planned it since, I’d have asked him to move the money for the trip to my account so it’ll be there for 6 months and I can use my own account but it’s already too late.
So can I put an amount in the part of how much I’m planning to spend personally?
Yes.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ruqayyah008(f): 2:51pm On Oct 12, 2023
Hello...
Please I need a clarification.
I did my biometrics on the 6th of October. My application was transferred to and received by VAC today. Also, I received a collection mail a few hours ago, but no email yet indicating that my visa has been granted. Is the collection mail an indication of a visa grant?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mosesadio: 4:18pm On Oct 12, 2023
Ruqayyah008:
Hello...
I did my biometrics on the 6th of October. My application was transferred to and received by VAC today. Also, I received a collection mail a few hours ago, but no email yet indicating that my visa has been granted. Is the collection mail an indication of a visa grant?

In that case, congrats! Your application is successful. Was it priority service?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by queengift(f): 4:57pm On Oct 12, 2023
Ruqayyah008:
Hello...

Congratulations dear, is it priority or standard
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ruqayyah008(f): 5:04pm On Oct 12, 2023
Thank you. It's priority.
queengift:

Congratulations dear, is it priority or standard
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Kunleop: 5:12pm On Oct 12, 2023
Good afternoon

I want to ask, my friend is making application for his mother but there was a mistake he made when he's doing his own application, like, when they asked about his mother name and date of birth, he made mistake with name and date of birth of his mother.
The date of birth is 1970 but he filled 1965 while the name is *TAIWO AGEEbut he filled BASIRAT AGEE
Although the mother bear the same name but on birth certificate is TAIWO AGEE.

is it going to have any implications ob her Visit visa.
@cashmadam@giselle and other gurus pls help.
He was on cross road now
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 8:39pm On Oct 12, 2023
Kunleop:
Good afternoon

I want to ask, my friend is making application for his mother but there was a mistake he made when he's doing his own application, like, when they asked about his mother name and date of birth, he made mistake with name and date of birth of his mother.
The date of birth is 1970 but he filled 1965 while the name is *TAIWO AGEEbut he filled BASIRAT AGEE

He was on cross road now

Well, the mistake has been made so he/she will just need to wait and see. If biometric has not been done, a cover letter can be attached to supporting documents to explain the discrepancies.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Kunleop: 8:44pm On Oct 12, 2023
[quote author=Cashmadam post=126367118]

Well, the mistake has been made so he/she will just need to wait and see. If biometric has not been done, a cover letter can be attached to supporting documents to explain the discrepancies.[/quot

Thank you.

He has not submit the application, pls how can he explain on the cover letter so he won't open the eyes on it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by msbaileyz(f): 9:16pm On Oct 12, 2023
Hello,

Please how much is walk-in service in TLS-ikeja?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by queengift(f): 9:36pm On Oct 12, 2023
Please my people, I want to inquire if separation or Divorce make one to get denial for UK work visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by kennnylee: 9:41pm On Oct 12, 2023
Hello everyone,

I could really use some help regarding my situation. I have my biometric appointment scheduled for tomorrow, and I'm feeling a bit lost. Last week, I applied for a standard UK visitor visa and unfortunately received a refusal (I'll share the refusal letter below). I wasn't surprised by the refusal as I rushed through the application and provided some bank statements with irregular and unknown inflows (I use P2P to convert my USDT to Naira alot). Additionally, there were some documents I didn't include, unsure if they would be accepted. But now, I don't think I have much of a choice but to address these issues.

I work as a software developer, and my company pays me through Deel. The problem is, I don't always transfer all my money into a bank account that could demonstrate my stated salary. Most of the time, I withdraw using Binance and P2P, and occasionally transfer funds to my Dom account.

The main issue is that I don't have a bank account statement showing my monthly income at the stated amount. The only proof I have right now is my transaction statement from Deel.

My question is, can I use the Deel account statement to support my application, even though it's not from a traditional bank? I've also provided an employment letter from my employer and payslips (invoices), but the Entry Clearance Officer is emphasizing the need for deposit evidence.

The second reason was due to the bank statement i provided which i didn't put an explanation (it will be hard to provide one since most of the inflow are through p2p). anyone have advice on this too.

Thanks

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by SPDAZZY(f): 10:59pm On Oct 12, 2023
Kunleop:
Good afternoon

He was on cross road now

She can swear an Affidavit of facts stating she is one and same person with both names and stating which name is the preferred name going forward. Also state the correct date of birth in the affidavit.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ferdinard266: 12:22am On Oct 13, 2023
Good morning everyone, please I need your input on this. I applied for a UK visit visa sometime in May this year to attend a conference in July that my office was going to sponsor but unfortunately, I didn’t upload proof of my own personal fund but attached every other document needed during my application and I was denied.
I wanted to apply again in December for January 2024. Is there something I should do differently apart from showing my proof of funds/ salary account
Also during my first application in May, I was earning about 195k and in July my salary was increased to 250k. Do I need to explain my salary increment on my cover letter??
Below is my refusal letter

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 12:36am On Oct 13, 2023
Kunleop:
Good afternoon

Cancel the application as if you have not gone for biometrics you will receive FULL REFUND.
I have a friend whose mother has not been able to come into the UK for the past 10 years as UKVI says it is not his mother. They do not believe that he could make mistakes in his mother’s name and date of birth in same application. Unknowing to them, these changes are quite frequent in our part of the world but in the UK, your birth date is your unique identifier. Do not take it lightly. They can not understand why such discrepancies.
They also refuse to believe that you would not know the DOB of your parents at the back of your palm. At least that’s what they have been telling my friend.
Basirat and Taiwo. 1965 and 1970. Hmmm very noticeable gaps.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 12:39am On Oct 13, 2023
queengift:
Please my people, I want to inquire if separation or Divorce make one to get denial for UK work visa.
Explain better pls. The question is vague.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Kunleop: 4:22am On Oct 13, 2023
giselle237:

Cancel the application as if you have not gone for biometrics you will receive FULL REFUND.
I have a friend whose mother has not been able to come into the UK for the past 10 years as UKVI says it is not his mother. They do not believe that he could make mistakes in his mother’s name and date of birth in same application. Unknowing to them, these changes are quite frequent in our part of the world but in the UK, your birth date is your unique identifier. Do not take it lightly. They can not understand why such discrepancies.
They also refuse to believe that you would not know the DOB of your parents at the back of your palm. At least that’s what they have been telling my friend.
Basirat and Taiwo. 1965 and 1970. Hmmm very noticeable gaps.

Thank you for the message but her mother has not done international passport, he just paid for her passport.
Is there anything he can do.
But her NI is carry the original date of birth?
What can he do.
I just sent your reply to him now and he was devastated
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 7:11am On Oct 13, 2023
Kunleop:

Thank you for the message but her mother has not done international passport, he just paid for her passport.
Is there anything he can do.
But her NI is carry the original date of birth?
What can he do.
I just sent your reply to him now and he was devastated
so where did he fill in the wrong information?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by allentee1(m): 8:47am On Oct 13, 2023
Hello house,
I got this refusal note from Ukvi, does it the reason for my refusal was because of my untranslated company registration letter, can I re-apply immediately,or can you explain this better

(1) (2) (3) ... (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) ... (626) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

Viewing this topic: SOPWriter, Drphade and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.