Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,287 members, 7,836,267 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (583) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (852081 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) ... (626) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Phenmeson(m): 10:53am On Feb 17
Childofgrace18:

Oga don't go waste your money ooooo. Look for someone with dollar card to help you pay. Make sure the person has paid before given the person the naira equivalent or else is someone u know too well. Because if the person pays and u fail to refund him, he can easily apply for refund and get his money back.

For dis 9ja & Tinubuation regime.
You want d person wey need help to only transfer the money after payment is made on his behalf šŸ˜”.
Na person wey get foreign/ dollar card go First request money from the applicant b4 he/she proceed to the payment.
People only pay first if they trust you as family member or friend.
If visa applicant go japa with the equivalent money nko
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Childofgrace18: 11:20am On Feb 17
Phenmeson:

For dis 9ja & Tinubuation regime.
You want d person wey need help to only transfer the money after payment is made on his behalf šŸ˜”.
Na person wey get foreign/ dollar card go First request money from the applicant b4 he/she proceed to the payment.
People only pay first if they trust you as family member or friend.
If visa applicant go japa with the equivalent money nko

You aren't japing anything oooo, you must give the person access to your registration portal before he can make payment and if you didn't pay the person his money, he can easily go back and request for a refund and they will refund in the same account he made payment from within 28days. But all the same, good luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 11:54am On Feb 17
Bmuhd4smile:

Thank you.
I was denied in the first attempt... then was granted in second attempt. For this new application, will i still state my first denial even after i was later approved.

Yes, please do

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Phenmeson(m): 1:07pm On Feb 17
Childofgrace18:

You aren't japing anything oooo, you must give the person access to your registration portal before he can make payment and if you didn't pay the person his money, he can easily go back and request for a refund and they will refund in the same account he made payment from within 28days. But all the same, good luck

9ja wahala just be lyk bicycle šŸš².
Both the Payer & Payee sef go dey fear.
Na so I sit-down jejely and go buy flight ticket from UK to 9ja with Medview airline. Na every month I dey use beg dem from March to December if dey go fly,still they disappoint me and cancel the Flight and japa with my money
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AyodejiGREAT: 1:37pm On Feb 17
Childofgrace18:

If you have old pictures and new pictures of two of you together, that settles it. But make sure u compress the files online so that it won't be more than 26mb. Good luck bro.

I'm most grateful for this information bro.
Thank you and Amen
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 2:09pm On Feb 17
Phenmeson:
It must not be only court documents.
I have a family friend who did theirs. The dependent had her first daughter with ex partner. They weren't married.
The man just write consent letter that she's happy to let her daughter migrate with the mum & step dad.
As far the dependent who's the father or mother of the child can proof with birth certificate, photos of the child from birth, attach monthly payments or tuition fees for the child, school fees receipt,child school results etc they will grant his application.
I am not here to argue with you. The rules do not work that way. You need more than a consent letter and birth certificate to travel with that child.
Poster should feel free to not send a court order in 2024.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Childofgrace18: 2:18pm On Feb 17
giselle237:

I am not here to argue with you. The rules do not work that way. You need more than a consent letter and birth certificate to travel with that child.

If the poster send court order, the way dem go reject the visa eeeeeh grin grin grin grin grin dem go no say UK no send anyone.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Phenmeson(m): 2:38pm On Feb 17
giselle237:

We are not arguing.
I know is better with court order at least to be on safe hand. Probably the rule is just changed. I know it depend on who's handling the case as some may require the court order as you said.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by cocolacec(m): 3:51pm On Feb 17
Good day Nairalanders,
Please i need guidance on how to apply for a UK Visit visa as a self employed Farmer
As as well adequate POF?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by cocolacec(m): 6:48pm On Feb 17
volticvox:
Gurus in the house, please help me out here. See my motherā€™s rejection letter below. The two reasons they gave are addressable issues. I offered to fully sponsor her with 2200 GBP and even attached my 6-month bank statement showing over 30000 GBP with invitation and sponsorship letter, and all the sponsorship docs needed. Only to be rejected (5 days after biometrics) on the grounds of unclear funds in her bank statements, which we explained as transfers from her children, other cash gifts and repaid loans in a cover letter and in the extra information box (a series of payments not exceeding 150000 NGN, some even as low as 3000 NGN, and no lump sums apart from transfers from me and my siblings usually around 125000 NGN). Also, as a government worker, there are little payments here and there from the FGN. Payslips were even added! We submitted her bank statements just to fulfil all righteousness to show that sheā€™s able to take care of herself back home - and that has spelled doom! I equally noticed that the second paragraph/reason was about how much her expenses are (and they quoted figures in Ghanaian Cedis, which shows me that theyā€™re just writing anything as reasons for refusal these days). I indicated that her monthly costs amount to 70000 NGN, bearing in mind things like gas, food, fuel, DSTV and even the fact that she takes care of her late sisterā€™s daughter. Maybe this was an understatement on my part. Fine, she renewed her professional license a month or so ago, maybe the huge amount threw the ECO off guard - but still! How is one supposed to have a fixed expenditure every month? Not even the ECOs have that. Also, for someone who has a sponsor and has submitted sponsorā€™s financial and tenancy documents, and self-introduction letter from sponsor, why are they talking about if her funds will be ā€œgenuinely available to [her] in the UKā€. In the application form, I indicated that sheā€™ll only spend 10 GBP of her money, whilst 2200 GBP has been earmarked for her 10-day trip this Easter (with a budget submitted even). This is ridiculous! The reasons for rejection are starting to seem mundane and rehashed - it all appears to be basically rushed. We submitted a comprehensive application with at least 17 documents (including employment reference and property ownership documents). What do you advise I do? I am so pissed at the fact that these are infinitesimal issues. Imagine being on vacation and this is the bomb dropped on the very first day you arrive at an exotic destination - thatā€™s my situation right now. It means no rest smh. I want to reapply immediately, if possible, because Easter is only some weeks away. In essence, should we have left the bank statement out in the first application (cos mine was enough since Iā€™ll be fully sponsoring)? And, should I leave it out in the next application (just submit payslips)? Iā€™m just confused even.

Finally, please how do you go about it when monthly expenditure is higher than your monthly income?

Kindly provide your wise counsel. @cashmadam @AmeliaT @others

Get a lawyer in the UK to help your mum file another application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 8:41pm On Feb 17
Phenmeson:

We are not arguing.
I know is better with court order at least to be on safe hand. Probably the rule is just changed. I know it depend on who's handling the case as some may require the court order as you said.
Ok sir/ma.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ElderChuks(m): 9:39pm On Feb 17
Good evening Gurus in the house,
Please some guidance is needed . A friend wants to apply for a visitor visa to the UK for herself and her 2children who are both under 10years. What will she need as per documentation. Will the children apply separately from the mum. It is a visit and there are no plans to Japa. Her husband might not be travelling but will give consent
Kindly assist in what and what she needs to do.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by lionlee216(m): 4:25am On Feb 18
A Friend wants to apply to UK for visit for 7 days and here is his profile and he is sef employed with a balance of $6,500 in dorm account and 2m as an available balance

Earns 15m annually which is 1.250m monthly but spends 150k monthly as maintenance leaving him with a balance of 1.1m monthly(584.659GBP)

He plans on staying at hotel for 7 days which is 460GBP, flight through Egyptair which costs 720GBP making a total of 1,180GBP excluding food and activities.

1. He is planning on spending 3m(1,594.52 GBP) but I have read on this page about disposable income which is not advisable to spend over 2.5x of monthly income, In his case, Can he spend up to 2.8x - 3x of his monthly income?

2. If i acted as a co-sponsor for him saying, I would be responsible for his hotel accommodation, will that be a red flag?

he has travel history within the last 5 years to Dubai 2x, South Africa, Ghana and Lebanon

what are his chances?

Kindly Advice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by volticvox: 9:13am On Feb 18
Many thanks for your recommendation. Do you know any law firm/lawyer I can reach out to about this? Or anyone knows anyone I can speak to? Thanks in anticipation x
cocolacec:

Get a lawyer in the UK to help your mum file another application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by GreenAcres(m): 12:16pm On Feb 18
Childofgrace18:

Oga don't go waste your money ooooo. Look for someone with dollar card to help you pay. Make sure the person has paid before given the person the naira equivalent or else is someone u know too well. Because if the person pays and u fail to refund him, he can easily apply for refund and get his money back.

Thank you sir. Advise well taken!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AlphaCentaurii: 2:37pm On Feb 18
Gurus in the house.

Abeg I'm a PhD student in the UK. I have Ā£2,500 in my account and I want to fully sponsor my dad's visiting visa. Dad is not working and has no money in his bank account.

Please, will the ECO agree Ā£2.5k is enough for me to fully sponsor someone? If not, what is the minimum you will advise for me to have in other to sponsor him?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by cocolacec(m): 4:16pm On Feb 18
volticvox:
Many thanks for your recommendation. Do you know any law firm/lawyer I can reach out to about this? Or anyone knows anyone I can speak to? Thanks in anticipation x
Tokunbo Olagbaiye in the UK.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 5:47pm On Feb 18
AlphaCentaurii:
Gurus in the house.

Abeg I'm a PhD student in the UK. I have Ā£2,500 in my account and I want to fully sponsor my dad's visiting visa. Dad is not working and has no money in his bank account.Please, will the ECO agree Ā£2.5k is enough for me to fully sponsor someone? If not, what is the minimum you will advise for me to have in other to sponsor him?
You have bills to pay and if you need to fully sponsor him without ECO worrying that he may fall into public funds then Iā€™d increase it. Aim above 4 to 5k and keep his length of stay on the application form less or equal to 2 weeks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AlphaCentaurii: 6:30pm On Feb 18
giselle237:

You have bills to pay and if you need to fully sponsor him without ECO worrying that he may fall into public funds then Iā€™d increase it. Aim above 4 to 5k and keep his length of stay on the application form less or equal to 2 weeks.

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Vivianchi98: 7:33pm On Feb 18
Good evening gurus.
So my TLS appointment is on Tuesday and I choose self service , I have a few questions.
1) when is the latest I can upload my documents online before my biometrics
2) can I upload it daily in batches before finally clicking submit on any other day
3) must I upload all the documents same time

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by nasire(m): 7:35pm On Feb 18
Thanks for your thoughts, actually it was 1st entries that my employer wanted to sponsor that they first refused. The second entry was an invitation from my Sister and I will be staying will her during the 13days I will spending in the UK

Sorry about the refusal.

My thoughts:

1. Why is your employer sponsoring the trip? Is it an official trip? This story is not adding up..

2. Your earnings are all over the place

3. Don't reapply. If you really have the money, visit another Country and then try again next year.[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by lionlee216(m): 7:36pm On Feb 18
lionlee216:
A Friend wants to apply to UK for visit for 7 days and here is his profile and he is sef employed with a balance of $6,500 in dorm account and 2m as an available balance

Earns 15m annually which is 1.250m monthly but spends 150k monthly as maintenance leaving him with a balance of 1.1m monthly(584.659GBP)

He plans on staying at hotel for 7 days which is 460GBP, flight through Egyptair which costs 720GBP making a total of 1,180GBP excluding food and activities.

1. He is planning on spending 3m(1,594.52 GBP) but I have read on this page about disposable income which is not advisable to spend over 2.5x of monthly income, In his case, Can he spend up to 2.8x - 3x of his monthly income?

2. If i acted as a co-sponsor for him saying, I would be responsible for his hotel accommodation, will that be a red flag?

he has travel history within the last 5 years to Dubai 2x, South Africa, Ghana and Lebanon

what are his chances?

Kindly Advice

Kindly help out
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Childofgrace18: 7:43pm On Feb 18
Vivianchi98:
Good evening gurus.
So my TLS appointment is on Tuesday and I choose self service , I have a few questions.
1) when is the latest I can upload my documents online before my biometrics
2) can I upload it daily in batches before finally clicking submit on any other day
3) must I upload all the documents same time

Thank you

If you have all your documents, kindly upload at the same time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by nasire(m): 7:52pm On Feb 18
I didn't do a deposit of 5million at a go. The deposit was 600k every month with the bonus that I was entitled to which amount to 5million in 6 months. The 9k was as a result of the account that I was operating in first bank that one of their manager opened for me. It generated 79k as interest in that 6 month. And, i withdrew 70k and left 9k with my saves . I only stated 5million. I guessed he was wondering where did the 9k came from

@nasire your claims look fake and bogus. Looks like you tried to create a picture of a well established person and then also did 5 million naira credits to back up this your story.. very easy to pick that all of these were done to influence the visa decision. Because after crediting yourself 5million, your profit was only 9k nairaā€¦ hmmmā€¦ I am unable to help when everything looks fictitious. Sorry please others would respond soon. [/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by nasire(m): 8:18pm On Feb 18
Thanks for your thoughts. It was my 1st entry into the UK that was refused i wanted to stay in an hostel. My employer was just giving me Ā£1k to support my trip to the UK.

Sorry about the refusal.

My thoughts:

1. Why is your employer sponsoring the trip? Is it an official trip? This story is not adding up..

2. Your earnings are all over the place

3. Don't reapply. If you really have the money, visit another Country and then try again next year.[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Milito: 3:25am On Feb 19
Momoftwins:
hello people

not sure you remember me.
But I tried applying again in September 2023, and she was refused on the grounds that she had more family in the UK than in Nigeria, which was not true. I contacted an immigration lawyer, and although the fees were exorbitant and didn't even include application fees. I was determined to see my mom, and I was going to pay. So I thought to try for the last time for my graduation in February. Instead of paying the lawyer, I decided to buy a return ticket and tried again in December.
I bought a flexible ticket just in case it went south .
after 3 UK refusals (2021, 2023, 2023) and 1 canada refusal (2023)
bio 12th Jan
collection mail 25th Jan
pick up 26th Jan and vignette was sitting pretty

documents attached
1. Letter of Introduction from my employer
2. Letter of Notification from employer
3. Letter addressing previous UK refusals
4. Proof of employment and payslips
5. Letter of reference from the bank (salary account)
6. Evidence of sufficient funds to cover my expenses (flight) during the visit- Statement of Account (Salary Account)
7. Proof of ties to home country- pictures with other children, granddaughter, aged mother, dogs, proof of landed properties belonging to , and late husband, documents relating to the processing of the entitlement of late husband (all in my home country).
8. An invitation letter from daughter.
9. Consent letter from my church and pastor
10. Consent letter from son
11. Explanation of monthly salary
12. Travel itinerary
13. Flight return ticket
14. Letter of explanation.
15. Letter addressing previous refusals ( it was quite detailed as it was written in the following format. vo's reasons, my explanation)
16. previous uk visa (2019, visited for 3 weeks)
17. current canada visa (2023)

documents from daughter
1. letter of invitation
2. letter of invitation from school for graduation
3. completion of studies and degree awarded
4. payslips of daughter
5. rental agreement
6. proof of relationship
7. birth certificate
8. brp and passport

all the related documents were merged and a page of content on the first page. for example ...under family status.. the table of content was in the format below
Family status- home ties
kindly find attached proof of home ties'
1. Proof of ties to home country- pictures with other children, granddaughter, aged mother, dogs, proof of landed properties belonging to , and late husband, documents relating to the processing of the entitlement of late husband (all in my home country).
2. consent letter from son
3. consent letter from religious body '
4. letter of explanation
5. letter addressing previous UK refusals

I hope this helps someone. I read this thread from page 1 to the last more than twice. i am very grateful to God and to everyone here .
my mum is so happy and she comes in very soon

ignore all typos

This is detailed work
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by MadameW: 2:57pm On Feb 19
Hello everyone, can i use money in a savings app (optimus) as proof of fund for a visit visa? or should i just transfer the money to my regular bank account and explain the transfer in my cover letter?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by lionlee216(m): 7:32pm On Feb 19
lionlee216:

what are his chances?

Kindly Advice

Pls help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by IkpemhiTG(m): 6:43am On Feb 20
PLEASE ANY NEED RENEWING MY DRIVERS LICENCE BEFORE MOVING TO THE UK?

HAVING IT WITH ME OVER THERE WHAT'S THE USE. IS IT RECOGNIZED AS A PROOF OF MY DRIVING SKILL OR I MUST STILL PASS THROUGH UK DRIVING SCHOOL?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Godiloveu(f): 7:45am On Feb 20
Good morning all

Please I need some guidance on how to apply for visit visa for my mom. I just how and what to start with.
For starters, she is a market woman and we donā€™t bare same surname .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Zerohard: 9:45am On Feb 20
IkpemhiTG:
PLEASE ANY NEED RENEWING MY DRIVERS LICENCE BEFORE MOVING TO THE UK?

HAVING IT WITH ME OVER THERE WHAT'S THE USE. IS IT RECOGNIZED AS A PROOF OF MY DRIVING SKILL OR I MUST STILL PASS THROUGH UK DRIVING SCHOOL?

Get an international driving license. Regardless you still need to take a driving test to get your uk license
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by iby2k4us: 11:58am On Feb 20
I need help pls
Can you please advise on what further steps can be taken following the court order?this is the second refusal and It seems like the UK authorities are determined to make this process difficult for individuals. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Additionally, I would be grateful for recommendations for an immigration lawyer who can assist with this matter as am considering administrative review

Content of refusal below

originally submitted with your visa application:
ā€¢ Your passport issued 3
ā€¢ Letter of consent from your mother
ā€¢ Tenancy agreement
ā€¢ Copy of your motherā€™s bank statement
ā€¢ Birth certificate
ā€¢ Letter from Secretary Welfare Office
ā€¢ Court document dated 16/11/2023
ā€¢ Letter from your school
ā€¢ Copy of text message sent to Green-Coat Nursery
ā€¢ School fees receipt only childā€™s name on but a bank copy of transaction.
I note that your motherā€™s visa was granted on February 2023 and you applied for
a visa on December 2023.
The birth certificate that you submitted shows *****as your father and
*********** as your mother.
I note that you have supplied a letter of consent from your mother along with a copy
of your motherā€™s tenancy agreement. I also note that you have supplied a copy of
your motherā€™s bank statement and a copy of transactionā€™s that shows your mother
has paid your school fees for September 2023 and January 2024. However, these
are not visible on your motherā€™s statements you have supplied. Also, the payment of

these fees is dated after you was refused a visa in February 2023. You have not
supplied any evidence that shows your mother has paid you school fees before
September 2023.
The Home Office wrote to you using the email address provided with your visa
application on the 24th January 2024 to ask if you wanted to provide any more
information, documents or evidence that you wish to be considered with your
application.
We received a reply on 29th January 2024 where you supplied the following
information:
ā€¢ Another copy of the letter from Secretary Welfare Office and Court document
I acknowledge the letter from Secretary Welfare Office. This letter states: ā€œyou (your
mother) are a fit and proper person to take sole custody/guardianshipā€ this does not
show that your mother has sole responsibility for your care only that they think she is
a fit person to be allowed to care for you. I also acknowledge the court document that
you have supplied. However, in paragraph 9 of this document, it states:
ā€œThat when the Applicant (your mother) informed the Respondent (your father) of the
need to allow the minor to be under his care while she is away; to give him the
fatherly love and care since the Applicant is not in the country; the Respondent
suggested that the best solution is for the minor to go with the Applicantā€™.
This document does not show that your father has relinquished his responsibilities for
your care. Also, your father has not provided any evidence relating to any serious or
compelling reasons why he cannot care for you. It was your motherā€™s personal
decision to depart for the UK and you have not provided sufficient evidence to grant
your visa on serious or compelling grounds under paragraph SW 30.2 (d).
Therefore, I am satisfied that the evidence you have provided does not demonstrates
that your father has no involvement in your upbringing.
I therefore refuse your application under paragraphs SW32A.1 with reference to
paragraph CHI3 (a) and CHI3 (c) of Appendix Children of Immigration Rules

(1) (2) (3) ... (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) ... (626) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.