Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,624 members, 7,816,572 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (580) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (830774 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) ... (615) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mmo1: 4:07pm On Feb 08
Good afternoon house,
Please I need your assistances I have 2 years visitor visa to the UK,
I've been to uk 4 times in the last 3 years,
I would like to apply for a visitor visa for my 12 and 7 years old children.
His there any special visitor visa application for children?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 5:36pm On Feb 08
mmo1:
Good afternoon house,

No.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Alertman24(m): 6:11pm On Feb 08
godwinkessi:

I called them again today concerning my visa and their decision. They asked me if I’ve gotten any mails from them concerning my application to notify me if it’s going straight or not, I told them no. So they asked me if I want them to escalate my matter, that the escalation response time is 15 working days. They asked that I go think about it and call them back. Pls what’s ur advise? And also concerning school, what should I do? I’m expected to be in school on the 19th. What would u suggest if I don’t get my visa from now till Wednesday next week as backup plans?

Sorry for the delay, there is somebody in similar situation, after making a paid call, her bank just called to notify her of the inquiry from ukvi, about the authenticity of the bank statement. Has your bank called you?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by godwinkessi: 7:20pm On Feb 08
Alertman24:

Sorry for the delay, there is somebody in similar situation, after making a paid call, her bank just called to notify her of the inquiry from ukvi, about the authenticity of the bank statement. Has your bank called you?

I’ve not gotten any calls from my bank yet. But I wanna know, ask the person how long it took for them to respond pls. The person that received my call today ask me if he should escalate my case. What should I do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Uzzybekee: 9:59pm On Feb 08
PleSe does one need to submit bank statements when applying for just schegen airport transit visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by stefanimay: 12:50am On Feb 09
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by stefanimay: 12:54am On Feb 09
AmeliaT:
The UK does NOT issue green cards. That is an American document.

If you mean, the “indefinite leave to remain” aka ILR, it is 5 years after receiving your Spousal visa/Biometric Residence Permit and both you and your spouse should have been living and working in the UK and you must not have been absent for more than 90 days annually.

Your first spousal visa is issued for 2.5 years, then you need to seek renewal, then it’s reissued and at the end of the tenure, you can get the “ILR”.

Is there a different group for renewal of Spousal visa? If not can you please advise on what's needed for renewal. My 3yrs Spousal visa expires this year. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AmeliaT: 9:10am On Feb 09
I have no clue about spousal visa renewal. Please check the same info you did when you first got it. It's available online.

stefanimay:

Is there a different group for renewal of Spousal visa? If not can you please advise on what's needed for renewal. My 3yrs Spousal visa expires this year. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sewenbigboi: 2:50pm On Feb 09
Ashirioluwa:

Post your comment in the student’s section
Okay
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dende3: 7:52pm On Feb 09
mmo1:
Good afternoon house,

Dm me on 08066793981
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dende3: 7:52pm On Feb 09
mmo1:
Good afternoon house,

whatapp me on 08066793981
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 10:09pm On Feb 09
dende3:

Dm me on 080667
scammer leave this place

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by LlyodGODson: 11:32pm On Feb 09
Good day everyone, my wife passport expires, so she wanted to renew it ,and use the opportunity to change from her maiden name to my name, does anyone knows what she will be needing or how to go about it in the uk, I mean nigeria immigration London
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ola25363: 8:38am On Feb 10
Good Morning Gurus in the house I great everybody

Please I need assistance my wife will be due in few month time , planning to invite my mom or my mother in law to the Uk .

1. Mom and mother in law are both unemployed ( house wife ) . We send them money monthly (50k)

2. They both have landed property

3. They still live with their husband

4 .I will be sponsoring them fully

Please I need you guys help and advice 🙏 🙏 🙏

I’ have a friend that ready to travel to Uk �� for visiting. But I didn’t know what process because is like a family friend too me bcs I didn’t want to loose money for any Agent I will list Document that we have ready
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Momoftwins: 3:33pm On Feb 10
hello people

not sure you remember me.
But I tried applying again in September 2023, and she was refused on the grounds that she had more family in the UK than in Nigeria, which was not true. I contacted an immigration lawyer, and although the fees were exorbitant and didn't even include application fees. I was determined to see my mom, and I was going to pay. So I thought to try for the last time for my graduation in February. Instead of paying the lawyer, I decided to buy a return ticket and tried again in December.
I bought a flexible ticket just in case it went south .
after 3 UK refusals (2021, 2023, 2023) and 1 canada refusal (2023)
bio 12th Jan
collection mail 25th Jan
pick up 26th Jan and vignette was sitting pretty

documents attached
1. Letter of Introduction from my employer
2. Letter of Notification from employer
3. Letter addressing previous UK refusals
4. Proof of employment and payslips
5. Letter of reference from the bank (salary account)
6. Evidence of sufficient funds to cover my expenses (flight) during the visit- Statement of Account (Salary Account)
7. Proof of ties to home country- pictures with other children, granddaughter, aged mother, dogs, proof of landed properties belonging to , and late husband, documents relating to the processing of the entitlement of late husband (all in my home country).
8. An invitation letter from daughter.
9. Consent letter from my church and pastor
10. Consent letter from son
11. Explanation of monthly salary
12. Travel itinerary
13. Flight return ticket
14. Letter of explanation.
15. Letter addressing previous refusals ( it was quite detailed as it was written in the following format. vo's reasons, my explanation)
16. previous uk visa (2019, visited for 3 weeks)
17. current canada visa (2023)

documents from daughter
1. letter of invitation
2. letter of invitation from school for graduation
3. completion of studies and degree awarded
4. payslips of daughter
5. rental agreement
6. proof of relationship
7. birth certificate
8. brp and passport

all the related documents were merged and a page of content on the first page. for example ...under family status.. the table of content was in the format below
Family status- home ties
kindly find attached proof of home ties'
1. Proof of ties to home country- pictures with other children, granddaughter, aged mother, dogs, proof of landed properties belonging to , and late husband, documents relating to the processing of the entitlement of late husband (all in my home country).
2. consent letter from son
3. consent letter from religious body '
4. letter of explanation
5. letter addressing previous UK refusals

I hope this helps someone. I read this thread from page 1 to the last more than twice. i am very grateful to God and to everyone here .
my mum is so happy and she comes in very soon

ignore all typos

Cashmadam:

It's dicey to try again this year. Don't waste money on priority either.

If you really want her to attend your graduation, you can actually defer your graduation to the next set while you work on your Mum's visa.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Uzzybekee: 4:51pm On Feb 10
Please who has applied for ATV. Did you submit bank statements? I don't see the need but just to be safe. Just 2 entries oo

Uzzybekee:
PleSe does one need to submit bank statements when applying for just schegen airport transit visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AyodejiGREAT: 9:14pm On Feb 10
AmeliaT:

Good evening, please I need information about other documents to prepare outside marriage certificate. My wife to be got a healthcare visa and she'll be leaving 1st week of March, our wedding is the end of this month. I'm a little worried that it is young and they might not consider. We have a had a distance relationship due school and work (dating since 2018) so we don't even have a lot of pictures together... What else can I add to prove our marriage when I'm applying by April to join her?

Thank you so much for your anticipated responses
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mosesadio: 10:58am On Feb 12
godwinkessi:

I’ve not gotten any calls from my bank yet. But I wanna know, ask the person how long it took for them to respond pls. The person that received my call today ask me if he should escalate my case. What should I do?

Good morning pal.
Have you got a decision yet?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by godwinkessi: 11:45am On Feb 12
mosesadio:

Good morning pal.
Have you got a decision yet?

Good morning boss. Nothing at all from them. Not even a mail. This people are doing too much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Adlac(m): 3:06pm On Feb 12
[quote author=AmeliaT post=128364720]

Kindly ma, I have an invite from my cousin for a visitation visa. I have filled the online form for visa application and get to a stage of payment for standard visitor visa $152 but i don't how to go from here.

He sent me all his documents already regarding the Employment contract, utility bills, passport to mention but a few.

I have a job which is career progressive that has span more than a decade with an average reasonable pay.

Pls, guild me on how to go about this.

My intend travel date is in May with a Budget of N3M.

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mosesadio: 11:00pm On Feb 12
Expect UK Visa processing delays in Q1 2024
The processing times for UK visas have markedly increased following comprehensive changes to UK immigration policies announced in late 2023. We anticipate these delays to persist throughout the first quarter of 2024, and our rationale is outlined in this article.31 Jan 2024.......
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Adlac(m): 9:03am On Feb 13
Good Day everyone.

Pls, after filling my online visa form is it a must I make payment immediately? At the end of the filling I was asked to make payment $152 for standard Visitors Visa.

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by obynocute(m): 11:33am On Feb 13
Greetings elders in the house, I just received a mail that my travel documents is ready for collection.

That's all.

I hope all is well, biko nụ ooo..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sanyaolurilwan(m): 12:53pm On Feb 13
Hopefully, all is well since you didn't receive a refusal email.

Please when and here did you do your biometrics?

Thanks.
obynocute:
Greetings elders in the house, I just received a mail that my travel documents is ready for collection.

That's all.

I hope all is well, biko nụ ooo..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 1:04pm On Feb 13
Adlac:
Good Day everyone.

Pls, after filling my online visa form is it a must I make payment immediately? At the end of the filling I was asked to make payment $152 for standard Visitors Visa.

Thanks.

If you don't pay who will process date for you? If you don't pay, you will not be able to proceed and book for your biometrics.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Adlac(m): 1:34pm On Feb 13
Thegamingorca:

If you don't pay who will process date for you? If you don't pay, you will not be able to proceed and book for your biometrics.

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by obynocute(m): 5:28pm On Feb 13
My biometrics was on the 6th February.
Abuja TLScontact
sanyaolurilwan:
Hopefully, all is well since you didn't receive a refusal email.

Please when and here did you do your biometrics?

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sanyaolurilwan(m): 5:43pm On Feb 13
Okay nice
Pretty Fast
My aunty did biometric 29th January, Ikeja TLS, till this moment, we've not received pickup or refusal email.

obynocute:
My biometrics was on the 6th February.
Abuja TLScontact
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by volticvox: 12:38am On Feb 14
Gurus in the house, please help me out here. See my mother’s rejection letter below. The two reasons they gave are addressable issues. I offered to fully sponsor her with 2200 GBP and even attached my 6-month bank statement showing over 30000 GBP with invitation and sponsorship letter, and all the sponsorship docs needed. Only to be rejected (5 days after biometrics) on the grounds of unclear funds in her bank statements, which we explained as transfers from her children, other cash gifts and repaid loans in a cover letter and in the extra information box (a series of payments not exceeding 150000 NGN, some even as low as 3000 NGN, and no lump sums apart from transfers from me and my siblings usually around 125000 NGN). Also, as a government worker, there are little payments here and there from the FGN. Payslips were even added! We submitted her bank statements just to fulfil all righteousness to show that she’s able to take care of herself back home - and that has spelled doom! I equally noticed that the second paragraph/reason was about how much her expenses are (and they quoted figures in Ghanaian Cedis, which shows me that they’re just writing anything as reasons for refusal these days). I indicated that her monthly costs amount to 70000 NGN, bearing in mind things like gas, food, fuel, DSTV and even the fact that she takes care of her late sister’s daughter. Maybe this was an understatement on my part. Fine, she renewed her professional license a month or so ago, maybe the huge amount threw the ECO off guard - but still! How is one supposed to have a fixed expenditure every month? Not even the ECOs have that. Also, for someone who has a sponsor and has submitted sponsor’s financial and tenancy documents, and self-introduction letter from sponsor, why are they talking about if her funds will be “genuinely available to [her] in the UK”. In the application form, I indicated that she’ll only spend 10 GBP of her money, whilst 2200 GBP has been earmarked for her 10-day trip this Easter (with a budget submitted even). This is ridiculous! The reasons for rejection are starting to seem mundane and rehashed - it all appears to be basically rushed. We submitted a comprehensive application with at least 17 documents (including employment reference and property ownership documents). What do you advise I do? I am so pissed at the fact that these are infinitesimal issues. Imagine being on vacation and this is the bomb dropped on the very first day you arrive at an exotic destination - that’s my situation right now. It means no rest smh. I want to reapply immediately, if possible, because Easter is only some weeks away. In essence, should we have left the bank statement out in the first application (cos mine was enough since I’ll be fully sponsoring)? And, should I leave it out in the next application (just submit payslips)? I’m just confused even.

Finally, please how do you go about it when monthly expenditure is higher than your monthly income?

Kindly provide your wise counsel. @cashmadam @AmeliaT @others

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by volticvox: 7:09am On Feb 14
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 7:52am On Feb 14
volticvox:
Gurus in the house, please help me out here. See my mother’s rejection letter below. The two reasons they gave are addressable issues. I offered to fully sponsor her with 2200 GBP and even attached my 6-month bank statement showing over 30000 GBP with invitation and sponsorship letter, and all the sponsorship docs needed. Only to be rejected (5 days after biometrics) on the grounds of unclear funds in her bank statements, which we explained as transfers from her children, other cash gifts and repaid loans in a cover letter and in the extra information box (a series of payments not exceeding 150000 NGN, some even as low as 3000 NGN, and no lump sums apart from transfers from me and my siblings usually around 125000 NGN). Also, as a government worker, there are little payments here and there from the FGN. Payslips were even added! We submitted her bank statements just to fulfil all righteousness to show that she’s able to take care of herself back home - and that has spelled doom! I equally noticed that the second paragraph/reason was about how much her expenses are (and they quoted figures in Ghanaian Cedis, which shows me that they’re just writing anything as reasons for refusal these days). I indicated that her monthly costs amount to 70000 NGN, bearing in mind things like gas, food, fuel, DSTV and even the fact that she takes care of her late sister’s daughter. Maybe this was an understatement on my part. Fine, she renewed her professional license a month or so ago, maybe the huge amount threw the ECO off guard - but still! How is one supposed to have a fixed expenditure every month? Not even the ECOs have that. Also, for someone who has a sponsor and has submitted sponsor’s financial and tenancy documents, and self-introduction letter from sponsor, why are they talking about if her funds will be “genuinely available to [her] in the UK”. In the application form, I indicated that she’ll only spend 10 GBP of her money, whilst 2200 GBP has been earmarked for her 10-day trip this Easter (with a budget submitted even). This is ridiculous! The reasons for rejection are starting to seem mundane and rehashed - it all appears to be basically rushed. We submitted a comprehensive application with at least 17 documents (including employment reference and property ownership documents). What do you advise I do? I am so pissed at the fact that these are infinitesimal issues. Imagine being on vacation and this is the bomb dropped on the very first day you arrive at an exotic destination - that’s my situation right now. It means no rest smh. I want to reapply immediately, if possible, because Easter is only some weeks away. In essence, should we have left the bank statement out in the first application (cos mine was enough since I’ll be fully sponsoring)? And, should I leave it out in the next application (just submit payslips)? I’m just confused even.

Finally, please how do you go about it when monthly expenditure is higher than your monthly income?

Kindly provide your wise counsel. @cashmadam @AmeliaT @others

Good morning. Sorry about the refusal.

My thoughts:

1. Clearly, the case worker made a mistake as he quoted a different currency. That shows he/she did not pay attention to the documents you provided.

2. The money you or your siblings pay into your Mum's account should be the same every month and should be credited to her consistently around the same date every month. This will prove that the money is intended for her upkeep - and not account "padding"

3. Let your Mum run her account for six months and then she can reapply.

Good luck!

(1) (2) (3) ... (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) ... (615) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.