Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,259 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (822410 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (609) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oggg: 3:53pm On Feb 08, 2022
Soraco57:
Good afternoon, I need in-depth response to this and I will be glad.Please I have a business enterprise which trade in real estate and travels, I used my personal statement of account for the business dealings as I do not use corporate account, can visa be granted as I use my personal account, I pay taxes too but the money small sha and I pay employee tax too and business premise tax as well.
Thanks
it will likely work against u, eco will tell u multiple unexplained credits. It’s best to separate ur personal acct from ur bizness. Also to be able to prove to the eco the profit power of ur business and how u re economically tied to nigeria

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Soraco57(m): 4:06pm On Feb 08, 2022
Oggg:
it will likely work against u, eco will tell u multiple unexplained credits. It’s best to separate ur personal acct from ur bizness. Also to be able to prove to the eco the profit power of ur business and how u re economically tied to nigeria

Thanks for the response, u mean to go and open business account ? Profit power of my business as how ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by beryour(m): 4:15pm On Feb 08, 2022
Sorry about your refusal, but ensure you declare and explain properly when re-applying for your student visa.

ToyosiR:
Just got a refusal mail.

Cause: A large money (6 million ) entered into my account around September and It wasn't explained

I will wait for Master's route as I already got admission for September in 2 schools.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Soraco57(m): 4:17pm On Feb 08, 2022
Oggg:

What if I provide the prove of the credits with invoice, receipt , MOU etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by beryour(m): 4:20pm On Feb 08, 2022
UK Visa application process is diverse as there are numerous types of visas. Maybe if you asked more direct questions, then you can get answers.

Soraco57:
please who can put me through the process of the UK visa application process, na beg I beg o.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Soraco57(m): 4:21pm On Feb 08, 2022
beryour:
UK Visa application process is diverse as there are numerous types of visas. Maybe if you asked more direct questions, then you can get answers.

I mean the tourist visa application process only
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by beryour(m): 4:31pm On Feb 08, 2022
No one is going to write loads of stories on how the process is done.

Your first step is to check the foundation thread here: [url]https://www.nairaland.com/127964/general-uk-visa-enquiries
[/url]

Second visit https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor

And lastly, ask direct questions here.

Soraco57:

I mean the tourist visa application process only

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by roqrules04(m): 4:34pm On Feb 08, 2022
Good afternoon guys, please do I still need to have my POF available in my account even after visa approval?
I heard immigration normally ask for POF at the point of entry, how true is this please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Chiall: 4:57pm On Feb 08, 2022
roqrules04:
Good afternoon guys, please do I still need to have my POF available in my account even if after visa approval?
I heard immigration normally ask for POF at the point of entry.

Now let me give you a personal story. February 2020 I had an emergency trip to the UK. Because I wasn't thinking of travelling at that time I didn't bother to get some pounds. I just went to my domiciliary account and withdrew 1000 USD cash and transferred 2000 USD to my Visa card. At Heathrow Airport the officer that attended to me asked me how much I was having as cash, I said 1k USD and I was staying for 10days. So I told her I have enough cash in my domiciliary account and visa card. Guess what she said! She asked for a proof. I brought out my phone , signed into Heathrow WiFi and opened all my accounts for her. She collected my phone and opened the TRANSACTION HISTORY. She didn't just see the balance. She wanted to be sure the monies belonged to me.

November last year I was in Toronto, then I visited Barbados. At BGI , the customs officers ( Two women) not immigration this time , counted every single cash I was with.

So please put your house in order before travelling. You never might know what they would ask you for. God bless.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by roqrules04(m): 5:41pm On Feb 08, 2022
Chiall:

Now let me give you a personal story. February 2020 I had an emergency trip to the UK. Because I wasn't thinking of travelling at that time I didn't bother to get some pounds. I just went to my domiciliary account and withdrew 1000 USD cash and transferred 2000 USD to my Visa card. At Heathrow Airport the officer that attended to me asked me how much I was having as cash, I said 1k USD and I was staying for 10days. So I told her I have enough cash in my domiciliary account and visa card. Guess what she said! She asked for a proof. I brought out my phone , signed into Heathrow WiFi and opened all my accounts for her. She collected my phone and opened the TRANSACTION HISTORY. She didn't just see the balance. She wanted to be sure the monies belonged to me.

November last year I was in Toronto, then I visited Barbados. At BGI , the customs officers ( Two women) not immigration this time , counted every single cash I was with.

So please put your house in order before travelling. You never might know what they would ask you for. God bless.

Thanks for the insight
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 6:05pm On Feb 08, 2022
I hope 2000 dollars, in cash, would satisfy them to be staying for 14 days

Chiall:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 6:12pm On Feb 08, 2022
Ayodele112:

You good to go mate. Enjoy your trip.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 6:17pm On Feb 08, 2022
Chiall:

Some POE are ruthless tho, once on an exchange program to a certain state, @ POE the immigration there would legitly check you to your knickers regardless of your sex or where you had traveled from(wondering if they still did so now thou), thought they were being racial or profiling me, next trip went with Mrs and kids for a vacation to this same country and we all went through the same process... Then, was when I ended my plot to head to the courts for perceived harassment or racism lol, But the state is one i would always want to visit again, they are just blessed. Be prepared for anything is best advise any traveler could get. It's called POE, e get why.. lolz
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ToyosiR(f): 6:36pm On Feb 08, 2022
beryour:
Sorry about your refusal, but ensure you declare and explain properly when re-applying for your student visa.

Thanks so much. I would.

Another question pls. Is POF for student visa just statement for 28 days or also 6 months?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 8:07pm On Feb 08, 2022
ToyosiR:

Thanks so much. I would.Another question pls. Is POF for student visa just statement for 28 days or also 6 months?
https://www.nairaland.com/6954875/uk-student-visa-tier-4/89
Go to page 1 of the student thread. Everything is documented there. Everything
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 8:08pm On Feb 08, 2022
Ayodele112:
what ever you told them on your application and subsequent approval is the amount they expect you to have.. goodluck

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oma6090: 10:26pm On Feb 08, 2022
Please I really need help as regards my mum's visa refusal.... I am planning to reapply by march but this time around I will be sponsoring her. I will use my UK statement of account. I hope it wouldn't cause an uproar? She can't sponsor herself again because we can't prove that the funds in her account actually belongs to her. She is just a trader, although with put business in her refused application. Is there anything I should be worried of? Also, for properties as tie back home, what document should be uploaded, receipt of land or the survey? I will attach the refusal letter again.
Also is 5thousand pounds convincing enough to apply with?
Do I need to attach all payment slips to prove the source of funds. Do I need any other documents from the UK here to support her application.
I just put to birth hence I am inviting her.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Chiall: 10:45pm On Feb 08, 2022
leef2022:

Some POE are ruthless tho, once on an exchange program to a certain state, @ POE the immigration there would legitly check you to your knickers regardless of your sex or where you had traveled from(wondering if they still did so now thou), thought they were being racial or profiling me, next trip went with Mrs and kids for a vacation to this same country and we all went through the same process... Then, was when I ended my plot to head to the courts for perceived harassment or racism lol, But the state is one i would always want to visit again, they are just blessed. Be prepared for anything is best advise any traveler could get. It's called POE, e get why.. lolz

Yes ooo. Everyone prepare well pls. God bless us All.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AmeliaT: 10:54pm On Feb 08, 2022
I would advise that you still explain the nature of her business so it doesn’t seem like one is trying to play a smart one.

1. Explain her petty trade business and why the funds come in treacles. She’s retired but does the petty business to keep busy. Include invoices, receipts, whatever else. May be a good idea to register the business and open an account.
2. Include your ILR or equivalent, payslips, confirmation of employment and statement of account. Ensure that your balance is enough to cover your monthly expenses and her cost of trip. £5k seems okay but please don’t express too long a stay.
3. She should include a budget break down. Flights, food, transport and shopping. Accommodation is free, I suppose but these other items for two weeks including flights should come up to about £900. Calculate it properly and indicate the amount for sponsorship.

Cheers!

Oma6090:
Please I really need help as regards my mum's visa refusal.... I am planning to reapply by march but this time around I will be sponsoring her. I will use my UK statement of account. I hope it wouldn't cause an uproar? She can't sponsor herself again because we can't prove that the funds in her account actually belongs to her. She is just a trader, although with put business in her refused application. Is there anything I should be worried of? Also, for properties as tie back home, what document should be uploaded, receipt of land or the survey? I will attach the refusal letter again.
Do I need to attach all payment slips to prove the source of funds. Do I need any other documents from the UK here to support her application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dixja: 11:03pm On Feb 08, 2022
[color=#990000][/color] smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 11:32pm On Feb 08, 2022
dixja:
I applied for UK Visa, i got a confirmation from TLS that my visa has been transferred to DMC but i do not have a message after 1 week from UKVI acknowledging my UK visa application has arrived at the UK Visa Section: Should i be worried?

no you should not be worried, I am not aware UKVI does send acknowledgement to that regards.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 11:38pm On Feb 08, 2022
Oma6090:

Oma6090:

Hiya @Oma6090 sorry about the refusal notice
My view are as follows;
If possible, submit a P60 rather than stressing yourself with bank statements and so many payslips. Note: I am not saying 5000 thousand pounds is too small or too much as i know not what figure they look out for and I don't mean to imply that bank statements and payslips are bad, i just feel a P60 is enough. Thus, with a P60, add copy of your passport, invitation letter (state in bold that all/most of the bills would be on you as regards to the trip), also you may wish to provide a birth certificate to establish that she's your mum.

On your mum ends, she however, in what way possible needs to do a bit explanation(like very tiny) as to her personal circumstances in Nigeria. I see no wrong if she states in her application that she runs a pretty petty small trading business, which yields her daily wages/income and that offers her some financial independence (give an approximate figure as correlated in her financial documents), also she would do absolutely no wrong to state that she also gets additional financial support from her children and as well state how much she spends monthly. Not to sound braggadocious, I don't understand how applicants get quote "unexplained credits or deposits when the questionnaire(VAF) has "other" in the income section. All you just need to do, is explain that the funds in your financial document(s) is not ill gotten and yours, and you could choose to use whatever amount you wish at anytime.

Best wishes.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 11:57pm On Feb 08, 2022
ToyosiR:
Just got a refusal mail.

Cause: A large money (6 million ) entered into my account around September and It wasn't explained

I will wait for Master's route as I already got admission for September in 2 schools.

Sorry about that, but you should have explained that the 6 million deposits was for a master programs you intend to undertake in september in the UK, and that during your visit, you would like to do take a tour of your future place of studies and you are keen on having to hear from current students what studying there is like. People go on pre study tour as part of research and gathering info if a place of study would be good or not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nnemomatina: 4:41am On Feb 09, 2022
Oma6090:

Sorry dear for the refusal. I applied for my mom too, although I didn't give birth, we invited her for our anniversary and also for holiday and stated she will be staying for two weeks.

What I did was:
My mom is not earning any pension because she didn't work for government, she lives in the village and hence does farm work of which most times she sells farm products. There were times when I was still going to spend holidays with her in the village, I followed to farm and you know out of memory sake, I took pictures of her farming and both of us together as well. Lol, I never really imagined that I would use those pictures one day for visa application.

So since she does not earn and no salary reflects on her account, I told eco that my mom is a petty trader and farmer who sells her farm products in the local Market and hence deals with direct exchange of cash and as such it does not reflect on her account. We explained all these on a cover letter. Even explained that her account is joint because she owned it with my dad before my dad died. The account is bearing their both names.

So we stated that we will sponsor her and we will spend 3000 pounds.. myself and my husband..1500 each.

We submitted:

Our six months statement of accounts both individual and then about three months statement of account from our joint savings.
Our Brp cards
Visa pages
Six months pay slips
The picture I took with her in the farm
Proof of address
We drafted anniversary invitation letter

We usually send her money every month, so that was really the only deposits entering her account, and of course we Also explained she receives regular allowance from her children to add to her farming business.

What I will advise is for you to take ur time and explain her circumstance on a cover letter, so that even if they have doubts or questions to ask, cover letter will carry every information.

On her cover letter, we even explained where my little niece and her aged mother (who we put on the application form that both stay with her) will be staying pending her arrival..we don't want to take chances and make dem assume no one will take of her dependents while she is away and hold on to it...we further explained she will also like to return so she will start her early Year farm harvest..

So just detail her way abouts on a cover letter

You might also want to include pictures of your scan that showed your expected date of delivery, or any proof showing ur delivery details
UK usually considers grandparents visiting their grandchildren..
Good luck

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sgtponzihater1(m): 4:45am On Feb 09, 2022
dixja:
I applied for UK Visa, i got a confirmation from TLS that my visa has been transferred to DMC but i do not have a message after 1 week from UKVI acknowledging my UK visa application has arrived at the UK Visa Section: Should i be worried?

They used to send acknowledgement previously, but this days they don't. I applied for someone recently, and it was successful at the end, but only TLS confirmation came through initially
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ladybii: 7:01am On Feb 09, 2022
Hello good morning everyone, must one submit company statement of account plus personal statement of account or just personal statement of account
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by DFmum: 7:57am On Feb 09, 2022
Goodmorning my good people, please how long does it take to get a feedback from case manage or whomever after a successful administrative review?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by DFmum: 8:03am On Feb 09, 2022
Goodmorning my good people, please how long does it take to get a feedback from case manage or whomever after a successful administrative review? My other son's visa entry (90days) wil be expiring next month and I want them all to come in b4 it expires? Please what can I do to achieve this?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 8:48am On Feb 09, 2022
Ladybii:
Hello good morning everyone, must one submit company statement of account plus personal statement of account or just personal statement of account

No it is not a must in my own experience and opinion. Also do well to be clear in stating that your trip is personal and your/the company won't be supporting any part of the trip
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 8:51am On Feb 09, 2022
DFmum:
Goodmorning my good people, please how long does it take to get a feedback from case manage or whomever after a successful administrative review? My other son's visa entry (90days) wil be expiring next month and I want them all to come in b4 it expires? Please what can I do to achieve this?

Within 10-20 WD I suppose. you may wish to write or make a paid call to draw their attention in regards to your son's entry expiration. Hopefully they make the trip together. Goodluck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by DFmum: 10:26am On Feb 09, 2022
Thanks so much, I will do both .
leef2022:

Within 10-20 WD I suppose. you may wish to write or make a paid call to draw their attention in regards to your son's entry expiration. Hopefully they make the trip together. Goodluck.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (609) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.