Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (823320 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (610) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AmeliaT: 10:44pm On Feb 10, 2022
This is not a problem but establish source of funds and make sure the accounts are clean with no large deposits.

I’m sure you’ve noticed the recent delay. My husband’s visa took exactly 12 weeks. Since you’re travelling in May, apply now!! You need the entire 3 months to avoid disappointment.

moyin29:
Good day, please my family and i (family of 3)are planning uk vacation for May, will it be a problem if all funds are in wife account, though more than 6 months. And when can we start the application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Dinoforyou00: 11:14pm On Feb 10, 2022
Oh ok. Thank you

AmeliaT:
Sorry about this. I think black market might be better. Next time, please apply two weeks before your travel date as it sometimes takes a little longer. In the interim, raise a red flag to your bank via email and reach out to your RM for support.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 11:59pm On Feb 10, 2022
taiwolawal13:
I've been a quiet reader on this page.
Very useful information everywhere.

But I need to add this.
If you need ur [b]visa urgently [/b]don't ever in your life opt in for couriers delivery.
If you have to travel 12hrs back to visa centre to pick up your passport please do it.

TLS (unprofessionally) doesn't handle the delivery themselves. They hand it over to DHL which is notorious for delays. DHL doesn't prioritise TLS packages, they put it with the bunch of items to be delivered all across the country. Your passport and visa is sitting in a sac beside orders from China and intimacy gadgets all on a motorbike. Your future!

Then they take 1 week to deliver just within Lagos. If it's east or north just forget it. No matter how many calls and emails you are doomed
I leaned my lesson the hard way.
[s]I would rather Die than allow TLS to use courier for me[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][/s].

Good day Sir/Madam
To my least understanding, TLS do not issue a visa, i mean they have no influence as to how soon a decision is taken in regards to your visa application, a visa is issued to you by the diplomatic post or consular section of an embassy, as such I am not entirely sure how the term "urgently" in getting your visa is a role of TLS. If you said in getting your traveling documents back when your application has been successful or not, then, that could've passed some test. But again, you should be aware that even this has some chains it goes through after TLS had handled an applicant's traveling documents and when an applicant receives his/her traveling documents( therefore, the terrible experience may not necessarily be TLS's doing).

It would be wise if you did not wish yourself the text in red/crossed out, cause to my best of knowledge as of today, you can not complete a UK visa application in Nigeria without TLS being part of the process and offering applicants courier service(s) at some point. How? You visit TLS for biometrics and submission of supporting documents, do you not know, that after your biometrics, one of their role is offering and executing to you courier service(s), by transferring your supporting document to the DMC. Thus if agreeing to your point that they could do dirty on anyone, it thus mean and would be wise to add that, this would not just be one they do at the end product of a visa application but also at the early stage in which they are the only medium in transferring your supporting documents to DMC, and mind you, this you have absolutely no CHOICE, if you want to use them or not.

They are humans, as such error is inevitable. Thank you

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by beryour(m): 12:52am On Feb 11, 2022
It is good practice to back up any actual or intending grey areas with your letter.

I also still recommend getting docs from the seller business.

sandra50:
Thank you so much..I have some receipt I used in purchasing the goods..the receipt from the shipping company..the chats I had with a friend that helped buy it and how he said he wouldn't be able to continue because he has other things doing.. picture of some of my goods.

Do I need to write a letter to them to address anything that might confuse them and submit when I'm submitting other documents?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nnemomatina: 4:46am On Feb 11, 2022
Hello everyone, please is it possible to pay for courier service when visa is already at TLS office. The person is not close to Lagos to pick it up but a relative want to pay for it to be sent to home address within Lagos. Any link please,,?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sandra50(f): 5:54am On Feb 11, 2022
Oh ok.. thanks for your assistance.
beryour:
It is good practice to back up any actual or intending grey areas with your letter.

I also still recommend getting docs from the seller business.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by tushqueen(f): 8:27am On Feb 11, 2022
Joyousgem:
Visa alert!!!

Visit visa application for my parents.

Online submission - 15th of January
Biometric- 21st of January
Collection email - 8th of February
Dispatch email - 8th of February
Delivered passport with Visa -10th of February
2 years multiple entry for my mum.

That was very fast for a standard visa! Good to know they are now quick.

Considering its a joint linked application, my Dad's application is still at DMC.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AskGod07: 8:39am On Feb 11, 2022
Please house I need a clarification on how to calculate 1 adult and 3 children 2,4,6 feeding for 10 days .

I allocate 20pound per day for Adult

While I allocate 10 pounds per day for children

Is it ok house ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Squid456: 9:02am On Feb 11, 2022
Visa alert.
Biometric done Nov 26
Virgin passport
Followed many suggestions on this thread
Received email for pickup on feb 8
DHL just delivered passport today Feb 11

It's been a nerve wrecking wait.
77 days to process a 15 working day visa.
And I'm sure there are still people from November waiting.

This is not it can only be God post.
Ukvi people no try at all.
My advice to anyone applying for visiting visa
1. Apply 3 months before travel date
2. If possible use Abuja TLS
3. There's nothing special about Victoria Island tls. Their so called premium fee is pure scam.
4. It's Always better to pick up your passport if you can. Avoid courier if you stay near Lagos or abuja (as the case may be)
5. Follow suggestions on this page. You don't need any agent.
6. For online payments Nigeria banks don't handle foreign currency transaction well. Useless capitation. I used wallet Africa app for all my online payments ( their dollar card)
7. Be honest in your application as much as possible. Make it simple as much as possible. Leave out confusing details as mush as possible
8. Uploading your documents yourself is easy. Use a good camera phone. Adobe scan app does wonders
9. Finally wish the universe is on your side.

Peace out!

9 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Dbobobaby: 9:02am On Feb 11, 2022
]Hello everyone, please is it possible to pay for courier service when passport is already at TLS office. Please help urgently as the queue in that Ikeja passport office no be here
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Abby2020: 9:11am On Feb 11, 2022
I remembered I congratulate you earlier even before you got it, tapping in for the grace soon��
Squid456:
Visa alert.
Biometric done Nov 26
Virgin passport

3. There's nothing special about Victoria Island tls. Their so called premium fee is pure scam.
4. It's Always better to pick up your passport if you can. Avoid courier if you stay near Lagos or abuja (as the case may be)
6. For online payments Nigeria banks don't handle foreign currency transaction well. Useless capitation. I used wallet Africa app for all my online payments ( their dollar card)
7. Be honest in your application as much as possible. Make it simple as much as possible. Leave out confusing details as mush as possible
8. Uploading your documents yourself is easy. Use a good camera phone. Adobe scan app does wonders

Peace out!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Squid456: 9:20am On Feb 11, 2022
Soon fam. Yours too will be ready
Abby2020:
I remembered I congratulate you earlier even before you got it, tapping in for the grace soon��
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Kayma2000: 11:28am On Feb 11, 2022
Squid456:
Visa alert.
Biometric done Nov 26
Virgin passport

Peace out!

Biometric at TLS Contact Victoria Island Lagos - Oct 14 2021.
Decision made: Nov 2021.
Paid email and phone calls to UKVI and follow up with the VAC.
No clear explanation for the delay.
Several escalation generic emails.

Finally;

Collection Pickup mail : 11 February 2022.

4th Visa Application - Most stressful process.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by artofalternativ(f): 12:15pm On Feb 11, 2022
Hello,

Has anyone else ever had strange misinformation in a visa rejection letter? Mine says that I claimed that I work in the Ministry of Health as a medical doctor and that the proof of employment I submitted does not support that. Wetin concern me with hospital? I cross-checked with my application form (which I saved) and my real employer and field of employment is correctly entered there. How software engineering turned to Ministry of Health, I don't know.

The other reason for the rejection was that my stated income was not supported by my documents and that one is actually true because looking at it now I mistakenly entered my annual income as my monthly income � though my employment contract does state my annual salary. I feel like them sef should have understood because how can someone make £50k+ a month If in the future I apply again and fill my correct salary per period does that count as a change in circumstances? Actually not sure if I will bother applying again because the thing I wanted to attend has even passed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sparkleoke: 2:37pm On Feb 11, 2022
Kayma2000:

Biometric at TLS Contact Victoria Island Lagos - Oct 14 2021.
Decision made: Nov 2021.
Paid email and phone calls to UKVI and follow up with the VAC.
No clear explanation for the delay.
Several escalation generic emails.

Finally;

Collection Pickup mail : 11 February 2022.

4th Visa Application - Most stressful process.
I tap into this.
Biometrics since 25th of October, 2021. I've sent several mails but it is like UKVI customer service don't know what is wrong.
I pray I receive collection mail soon.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Joyousgem: 2:49pm On Feb 11, 2022
[quote author=tushqueen post=110134087][/quote]

We were all surprised due to the backlog of applications. It was a very quick turn around, just 12working days for my mum.

My dad's application has been transferred to VAC this morning, so 15working days for his application.

I pray that all waiting will receive a positive response soon by God's grace.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Josy18ng: 3:48pm On Feb 11, 2022
Please house, how much is UK standard visiting visa fee 6months (short stay) and also am thru with my application form and I don't know if I will be uploading my documents in d TLS office or I do it myself at home. Pls someone should come to my rescue. Thank you..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by moyin29: 4:00pm On Feb 11, 2022
Thank you really appreciate this
AmeliaT:
This is not a problem but establish source of funds and make sure the accounts are clean with no large deposits.

I’m sure you’ve noticed the recent delay. My husband’s visa took exactly 12 weeks. Since you’re travelling in May, apply now!! You need the entire 3 months to avoid disappointment.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by seyewest(m): 6:33pm On Feb 11, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1owUi9XRB8
First video of the year and I did something different this time around, I traveled to Abeokuta, Ogun State, Southwest Nigeria for a tour of Abeokuta, I visited the Ake Palace ground, the first church in Nigeria, the Centenary hall and the famous Olumo Rock. I also included our customary flight trip. I organize trips like this all over West Africa. I Hope you enjoyed the video! Please don't forget to subscribe, share, like and leave a question and comment below...

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by kechibaby: 7:22pm On Feb 11, 2022
Biometric done Nov 26
Virgin passport

Peace out![November 22 here and used Abuja TLS. Na wa]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Squid456: 7:51pm On Feb 11, 2022
And we have January applicant already picking up their passport. This UKVI people sef
kechibaby:

Biometric done Nov 26
Virgin passport

Peace out![November 22 here and used Abuja TLS. Na wa]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oma6090: 10:00pm On Feb 11, 2022
Please how soon can I reapply for a visa after a refusal? Visa refusal mail came in this week, can I reapply by 1st of march? Any rule regarding re-appliying?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by DareFerd: 12:25am On Feb 12, 2022
Greetings everyone;
I have applied since June for a visit visa and nothing yet. My passport is still with them. No news at all. I don Dey tire. Just halted all plans.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Fazfunms: 12:36am On Feb 12, 2022
Wow… Have you called or emailed them?

DareFerd:
Greetings everyone;
I have applied since June for a visit visa and nothing yet. My passport is still with them. No news at all. I don Dey tire. Just halted all plans.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Martiny(m): 6:27am On Feb 12, 2022
Hi all, for the purpose of a UK Tier 2 work visa, please is IELTS Academic by IDP/MOD acceptable at the UK home office? Or it must be IELTS UKVI?

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AmeliaT: 7:44am On Feb 12, 2022
There are no rules regarding when to reapply but the right thing to do is to fix all the issues they stated; amongst others. Many refusal letters state 2-3 primary reasons for denial and people fix them and reapply and still get rejected with new reasons. I would advise you post your refusal letter; (covering all your personal details) and then include some material facts about the application and the collective chimes in with ideas to put it a seamless one. If the issue was financially related, you’ll probably need 6 months to put your affairs in order and reapply.

Oma6090:
Please how soon can I reapply for a visa after a refusal? Visa refusal mail came in this week, can I reapply by 1st of march? Any rule regarding re-appliying?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AmeliaT: 7:47am On Feb 12, 2022
Wow. This is taking the piss. You should have started raising hell in September. Please suffocate them with calls and emails.

[quote by author=DareFerd post=110155699]Greetings everyone;
I have applied since June for a visit visa and nothing yet. My passport is still with them. No news at all. I don Dey tire. Just halted all plans. [/quote]

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Squid456: 9:10am On Feb 12, 2022
Paid calls and paid mail isn't easy.
There should be a regulatory body to report all these inconsistencies and abnormalities to.
How can you keep someone passport since June without any explanation.
Who does that?
Can they do that to their British citizens
It's just wrong.
AmeliaT:
Wow. This is taking the piss. You should have started raising hell in September. Please suffocate them with calls and emails.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cycloe: 2:16pm On Feb 12, 2022
My brother-in-law is inviting his mother for his graduation, the mother doesn’t work, but the funds for the trip is available in her account . She is been supported by her children in Nigeria .
Please I need advise on what documents she will need to provide.
The available fund was sent by her son a month ago.
Please advise on supporting document will be appreciated .
And also can she just print a month statement ?
Advise needed please . …. @giselle help ejoor
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Xavier89: 6:55pm On Feb 12, 2022
Hello Guys, need advice regarding travel to the UK.

I know UK has recently updated their travel requirements and no longer require a COVID test for vaccinated travellers. My worry is the Nigeria boarder in Murtala airport Lagos. Has anyone travelled recently or know someone who travelled recently from Lagos to Uk?

Do I need to get a COVID test done even though I’m fully vaccinated? I really don’t want to waste money for a test that may not be needed or used. I’m travelling with family hence it’s gonna cost a lot for us all to get tested. Please advice. Thanks.

Meanwhile VISA Alert: Picked up my son’s visitors visa on Monday. Had his biometrics done on December 8th 2021. Collection mail arrived Feb 7 2022 after three paid emails.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 7:15pm On Feb 12, 2022
Xavier89:
Hello Guys, need advice regarding travel to the UK.

I know UK has recently updated their travel requirements and no longer require a COVID test for vaccinated travellers. My worry is the Nigeria boarder in Murtala airport Lagos. Has anyone travelled recently or know someone who travelled recently from Lagos to Uk?

Do[b] I need to get a COVID test done even though I’m fully vaccinated? [/b]I really don’t want to waste money for a test that may not be needed or used. I’m travelling with family hence it’s gonna cost a lot for us all to get tested. Please advice. Thanks.

Meanwhile VISA Alert: Picked up my son’s visitors visa on Monday. Had his biometrics done on December 8th 2021. Collection mail arrived Feb 7 2022 after three paid emails.

(Fully vaccinated) NO pre-departure test needed, but you must have your vaccination card and fill the PLF.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 7:55pm On Feb 12, 2022
Hello!

Please does UKVI IELTS (Academic) boost the chances of getting a UK visa after one has enrolled for professional registration and given the go ahead to begin a pre-registration scheme in the UK?

Or will it be better to just go for IELTS(Academic)?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (610) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.