Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,898 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (603) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (826294 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) (606) ... (612) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nnekkyneks: 10:30pm On Apr 10
Ok thank you so much am grateful
Is the sponsors account also scrutinized?
And will there be need to provide explanation for the inflows. Cos there r so many things to consider
1) opening balance ( Should not b huge)
2) inflows and outflows
3) Closing balance ( Should b signicantly more than the cost of the trip to u)
4) No padding of account ( no huge inflows)
My question:
Will this same conditions apply to a sponsor who is not traveling with us?
crackcrack:

Working on reducing your budget is all well and good, but if the total cost of the trip to you and your husband is still a significant portion of both your savings, your visa will most likely be denied. My initial statement above stands; it will not make sense to any ECO for you to spend a major part of your savings on a vacation.

This is my advice:

1. Determine the total amount you and your husband have combined. This is the closing balance in your statement plus his own.

2. Make sure your budget for the trip is not more than 50% of that combined amount. From what you've written above, you intend to spend 1m, while your husband will provide the rest. That means he has to provide 11.4m. Your husband's closing balance should therefore be at least 21m.

3. If you guys' finances is not up to par, I would suggest you travel alone and use the kids as home ties. And if the kids must holiday with you, then perhaps go to a different country — one that is cheaper and with less stringent visa processes.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 1:18am On Apr 11
Drajah:
Hello everyone!

My name is Bassey Mabel Godwin I'm looking forward to working with you or anyone you know who is ready and willing to school outside Nigeria for a low cost in Nursing field .

I work with LifeCare American International School of Nursing as a representative of the 13 countries within the West African Region.

Feel free to call or Whatsapp me on 09113043889.
You can be a savior to your family member, friends or colleagues who wants to JAPA but looking for a genuine means via school or someone who is passionate about studying nursing as a career

You can also contact me via email on basseymabelgodwin@gmail.com.

Benefit of being in our school includes;
** Accommodation
** Visa Application and processing
** Job guarantee while school and after graduation

Name of school: LifeCare American international School of Nursing

Location of the School: South America, Guyana

Main Course offered: Bsc. Nursing

School's website: http://www.lifecareamerican.com/

https://www.facebook.com/laisonursing?mibextid=ZbWKwL

Fascinating
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Bigkenny: 8:13am On Apr 11
crackcrack:

Official processing time is 15 working days — about three weeks. Most decisions come within two weeks.

Did you apply recently?

Not yet
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by fakmurphy(m): 9:35am On Apr 11
Thanks so much for information, any idea on how I retrieve her previous application which was submitted last year. I have misplaced the downloaded copy of the application.

Thanks.

Cashmadam:

Same process. Same documents. Hope her 4 month stay won't be an issue...

Good luck!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by adebabs21(f): 10:04am On Apr 11
adebabs21:
Good evening Everyone,

Hubby did interview for temporary creative work visa lastweek Wednesday(Priority service).

We are yet to get feedback, how long does it take to get a mail from them?

Please help with response🙏🙏
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 1:19pm On Apr 11
fakmurphy:
Thanks so much for information, any idea on how I retrieve her previous application which was submitted last year. I have misplaced the downloaded copy of the application.

Thanks.

I honestly don't know how you can retrieve an old form. I know the form is available for a few months but not sure how long.

Perharps others can help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 1:27pm On Apr 11
Nnekkyneks:
My husband who is the sponsor is not traveling with us even though he has a 2 years Visa. So he is just submitting his bank statement as sponsor, however I will ask him to put in more than the amount he is stating as cost for sponsporing.
I have revised the budget. Pls is this OK
From the 3.7m the cost to me is 1m( part of my saving)
My husband will provide the balance with is savings account.

Budget
Mother; Flight £1000 Transport- £200 Entertainment/Shopping- £500, Feeding £300 Accommodation£1000 for the
Total Spend- £ 3,000.

Kid 1: Flight- £1,000 Food- £300 Transport- £200 Entertainment/Shopping- £300
Total Spend- £ 1800

Kid 2- Flight- £1,000 Food- £200 Transport- £50 Shopping/Entertainment £300
Total Spend- £ 1,550

Kid 3- Flight- £1,000 .Food- £200 Transport- £50 Entertainment/Shopping- £300
Total Spend- £ 1,550

Total Spend £7900@1,580=N12.4m
The problem b say we too plenty grin but if the guru advise me to reduce I will obey o. Thanks for the guidance

You are not too many. I also have three children and we've travelled as a family of 5 several times. The issue is the rise in the FX rate - which has made it mandatory for you to have more Naira. In those days, with less than N5M, a family of 5 will travel and have a lot of money left for shopping etc. Now, you need a lot more than that. Your budget is okay. The issue is the savings. If you need to spend N12.4 million on a vacation, you need to have at least N24 - N25M saved. More than that - if possible. So, that is what you should focus on. Alternatively, you can secure your visa alone. Travel and then apply with the children later in the year. With that, the scrutiny on you will be less. 4 of you travelling together will attract a lot of scrutiny. You simply need to ensure your application is water tight. Don't waste money in this economy.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 1:30pm On Apr 11
Nnekkyneks:
Ok thank you so much am grateful
Is the sponsors account also scrutinized?
And will there be need to provide explanation for the inflows. Cos there r so many things to consider
1) opening balance ( Should not b huge)
2) inflows and outflows
3) Closing balance ( Should b signicantly more than the cost of the trip to u)
4) No padding of account ( no huge inflows)
My question:
Will this same conditions apply to a sponsor who is not traveling with us?

The sponsor's account is also scrutinized. The sponsor too can "pad" his account so yes, the account is also examined just like the applicant's account.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 1:37pm On Apr 11
Nnekkyneks:
Thank you for your swift response am grateful 🙏
The 4k is not for me alone, I will reduce it to 3k, some one did a break down to make it look realistic because accommodation for 5(my son is not part of the application but he will b going woth us) people will require at least 2 bedrooms.
I will reduce shopping money.
On the savings I will also reduce the amount I intend to state as part sponsor. Beefing up the account with another inflow other than my income will seem like padding.
It's not all my savings but I don't want to hv to present any other account or investment for further scrutiny. Going thru d thread it feels like more information u provide for questions.
I hv had to maintain only my salary as inflow and my expenses as outflow to avoid unnecessary explanations.
So from ur advise it's best the cost of the trip to me is less than amount in the account leaving me with some savings.
The bulk of the funds will b provided my my husband as sponsor.
Pls does this make more sense?
Thank you

quote author=Cashmadam post=129371932]

Madam, this will not work. You are not expected to spend all your savings on vacation. It simply means you really cannot afford to travel. What will you have as savings after the vacation? It doesn't make economic sense.... Beef up your savings over the next few months and then let's look at the figures again. Your budget of 4k is high.

If you have more money saved somewhere, prove it. Sometimes, I use three accounts to prove my savings. As long as there is no "account padding" and your savings is at par with the the income you claim, you will be fine. If you have N100m saved but your annual salary is N20m, it might be an issue. It depends on how long you have worked etc. Several things come into play. I have worked for over 25 years so if I've saved N4m for 25 years, I can have N100m saved - as long as my annual income is substantial. I hope I'm making sense. You know your personal circumstance - we don't. Present all documents that will help your case. If you can't, relook the whole plan and take a decision on next steps.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by biggybanking: 2:00pm On Apr 11
Ashirioluwa:

The probability that you will get the visa is very high if you package the visa application well.

Make sure you upload both current and expired visas

Okay, thank you very much. I had to cancel the application because it was 9 months earlier to the proposed travel date.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nnekkyneks: 3:24pm On Apr 11
Thanks alot this is very helpful.

Cashmadam:

If you have more money saved somewhere, prove it. Sometimes, I use three accounts to prove my savings. As long as there is no "account padding" and your savings is at par with the the income you claim, you will be fine. If you have N100m saved but your annual salary is N20m, it might be an issue. It depends on how long you have worked etc. Several things come into play. I have worked for over 25 years so if I've saved N4m for 25 years, I can have N100m saved - as long as my annual income is substantial. I hope I'm making sense. You know your personal circumstance - we don't. Present all documents that will help your case. If you can't, relook the whole plan and take a decision on next steps.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nnekkyneks: 3:33pm On Apr 11
This is so true, the trip is actually for my last daughter who we promisee last year. Thanks alot ol will way all options and decide. Thank you
Cashmadam:

You are not too many. I also have three children and we've travelled as a family of 5 several times. The issue is the rise in the FX rate - which has made it mandatory for you to have more Naira. In those days, with less than N5M, a family of 5 will travel and have a lot of money left for shopping etc. Now, you need a lot more than that. Your budget is okay. The issue is the savings. If you need to spend N12.4 million on a vacation, you need to have at least N24 - N25M saved. More than that - if possible. So, that is what you should focus on. Alternatively, you can secure your visa alone. Travel and then apply with the children later in the year. With that, the scrutiny on you will be less. 4 of you travelling together will attract a lot of scrutiny. You simply need to ensure your application is water tight. Don't waste money in this economy.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by roak: 6:37pm On Apr 11
Paying of Skilled Workers Visa and IHS fees from Nigeria

Hi guys, I currently need to pay for my skilled workers visa and IHS fees. I plan loading usd on a prepaid dollar card . I'm worried the cards may not work.

Question: Has anyone paid their visa fees recently from Nigeria? How did you go about it. What banks card did you use or what prepaid wallet etc.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by roak: 6:41pm On Apr 11
How did you pay for this. What Nigerian card did you use?

sojimomomo:
Hello gurus,

Please has anyone experienced this before? I tried paying for uk visit visa fee and it has been showing payment pending since yesterday Sunday 26th February at around 4pm.
What can I do about it?
Thanks everyone.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 7:02pm On Apr 11
roak:
Paying of Skilled Workers Visa and IHS fees from Nigeria

Hi guys, I currently need to pay for my skilled workers visa and IHS fees. I plan loading usd on a prepaid dollar card . I'm worried the cards may not work.

Question: Has anyone paid their visa fees recently from Nigeria? How did you go about it. What banks card did you use or what prepaid wallet etc.

Use a Dollar card if you have a domiciliary account. Or ask someone abroad to pay for you and you refund in Naira.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Honey9: 3:29am On Apr 12
Hi,

Please like how much is required to apply for 2 years visit visa? I mean to sponsor a mum for a visit visa on 2 years application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by MadameW: 9:10am On Apr 12
it's a savings app, just like piggy vest.

Thegamingorca:

shocked

Which one is Optimus app
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by solid3(m): 11:39am On Apr 12
Please help me vet this my revised budget for a family of 4 for 14 days. Wife has more than double of the 20% in her savings. Company closing bal is also more than double of the 80% cost of trip.

UK 🇬🇧 Trip Budget

Father
1. Return ticket = £800
2. Accommodation = £600
3. Feeding = £300
4. Transport = £200
5. Shopping = £300
Total = £2200 ~ N3,430,000

Mother
1. Return ticket = £800
2. Accommodation = £0
3. Feeding = £300
4. Transport = £200
5. Shopping = £300
Total = £1600 ~ N2,500,000

Child 1 (Under 12)
1. Return ticket = £500
2. Accommodation = £0
3. Feeding = £150
4. Transport = £50
5. Shopping = £50
Total = £750 ~ N1,168,500

Child 2 (Under 12)
1. Return ticket = £500
2. Accommodation = £0
3. Feeding = £150
4. Transport = £50
5. Shopping = £50

20% of N2,500,000 = N500,000 Mother
20% of N5,767,000 = N1,153,400 Father
80% of N8,267,000 = N6,613,600 My Coy

Total trip cost to family & business = N8,267,000

Is this budget reasonable?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nnekkyneks: 12:11pm On Apr 12
@cash madam thank you so much for all ur advice it has got me thinking of alternatives. It will b difficult for us to bring in any lump sum without it looking like padding. So I was thinking of including my mutual funds statement, from the app I can generate a letter stating my balance and that the amount can be made available on request and this balance will meet up with the total balance we need to accommodate the required balance. I can send u the letter in ur email if u don't mind( won't like to post that here) pls kindly advise.
Thank you

crackcrack:

Working on reducing your budget is all well and good, but if the total cost of the trip to you and your husband is still a significant portion of both your savings, your visa will most likely be denied. My initial statement above stands; it will not make sense to any ECO for you to spend a major part of your savings on a vacation.

This is my advice:

1. Determine the total amount you and your husband have combined. This is the closing balance in your statement plus his own.

2. Make sure your budget for the trip is not more than 50% of that combined amount. From what you've written above, you intend to spend 1m, while your husband will provide the rest. That means he has to provide 11.4m. Your husband's closing balance should therefore be at least 21m.

3. If you guys' finances is not up to par, I would suggest you travel alone and use the kids as home ties. And if the kids must holiday with you, then perhaps go to a different country — one that is cheaper and with less stringent visa processes.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 12:47pm On Apr 12
Nnekkyneks:
@cash madam thank you so much for all ur advice it has got me thinking of alternatives. It will b difficult for us to bring in any lump sum without it looking like padding. So I was thinking of including my mutual funds statement, from the app I can generate a letter stating my balance and that the amount can be made available on request and this balance will meet up with the total balance we need to accommodate the required balance. I can send u the letter in ur email if u don't mind( won't like to post that here) pls kindly advise.
Thank you

Good afternoon. You are most welcome. The mutual funds statement will work. I've used mine a few times so it is absolutely a good idea.

Ensure you print the statement at least 6 months back and write on top "Savings in Mutual Funds".

I've also used fixed term deposit and Treasury Bills so if you have any, feel free to include them as well. Your aim is to show that you have more than enough money saved - not necessarily in just your savings account.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 12:52pm On Apr 12
solid3:
Please help me vet this my revised budget for a family of 4 for 14 days. Wife has more than double of the 20% in her savings. Company closing bal is also more than double of the 80% cost of trip.

UK 🇬🇧 Trip Budget

Father
1. Return ticket = £800
2. Accommodation = £600
3. Feeding = £300
4. Transport = £200
5. Shopping = £300

Mother
1. Return ticket = £800
2. Accommodation = £0
3. Feeding = £300
4. Transport = £200
5. Shopping = £300

Child 1 (Under 12)
1. Return ticket = £500
2. Accommodation = £0
3. Feeding = £150
4. Transport = £50
5. Shopping = £50

Child 2 (Under 12)
1. Return ticket = £500
2. Accommodation = £0
3. Feeding = £150
4. Transport = £50
5. Shopping = £50

Good afternoon. Let's leave the budget for now.

I don't quite understand the percentages you have apportioned to the budget.

Furthermore, please note that your company cannot sponsor a vacation - even if you own it 100%.

The money you need should be saved in your account, or wife's account or both of your accounts.

If you own the company and you have money saved there, you cannot use that money as proof of funds. You are expected to pay yourself a monthly salary and save from that monthly salary towards your trip.

I hope I'm not missing anything. Let us know if you need further support.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nnekkyneks: 1:01pm On Apr 12
Yes I do thanks alot I will do that. I have almost given up. Thanks alot.God bless u. I shall return with testimonies

Cashmadam:

Good afternoon. You are most welcome. The mutual funds statement will work. I've used mine a few times so it is absolutely a good idea.

Ensure you print the statement at least 6 months back and write on top "Savings in Mutual Funds".

I've also used fixed term deposit and Treasury Bills so if you have any, feel free to include them as well. Your aim is to show that you have more than enough money saved - not necessarily in just your savings account.

Good luck!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Honey9: 1:04pm On Apr 12
Still waiting for your suggestions, pleaseee

Honey9:
Hi,

Please like how much is required to apply for 2 years visit visa? I mean to sponsor a mum for a visit visa on 2 years application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 1:09pm On Apr 12
Honey9:
Still waiting for your suggestions, pleaseee

I assume this is not her first visa.

Please confirm. If it is not, just use the same/similar documents your used for previous visas she got. About 2K Pounds should work as funds to be spent. I hope this helps.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nnekkyneks: 1:14pm On Apr 12
Using company account id not a good idea I applied once for my husband using his company statement, submitted company documents, he was refused on the grounds that we could not proof how the funds in the account was for the trip, it is believed that the funds in company account are for running the business and not for ur family vacation. It was not until I applied using his personal savings or salary account that we got the visa. As Cashmadam has said pls use ur personal account. All the best

solid3:

UK 🇬🇧 Trip Budget

Father
1. Return ticket = £800
2. Accommodation = £600
3. Feeding = £300
4. Transport = £200
5. Shopping = £300

Mother
1. Return ticket = £800
2. Accommodation = £0
3. Feeding = £300
4. Transport = £200
5. Shopping = £300

Child 1 (Under 12)
1. Return ticket = £500
2. Accommodation = £0
3. Feeding = £150
4. Transport = £50
5. Shopping = £50

Child 2 (Under 12)
1. Return ticket = £500
2. Accommodation = £0
3. Feeding = £150
4. Transport = £50
5. Shopping = £50

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by fakmurphy(m): 2:33pm On Apr 12
Thanks!

Cashmadam:

I honestly don't know how you can retrieve an old form. I know the form is available for a few months but not sure how long.

Perharps others can help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by crackcrack: 3:04pm On Apr 12
Visa Alert!

Six Months Standard Visa

Timeline:

Online Application: April 1
Biometrics: April 3
Collection Email: April 9

Received my passport today.

The entire process was so quick. It literally took only four working days after biometrics to receive a collection email from TLS. Would have gotten my passport since Tuesday if not for the holidays.

Thank you to all who took time to answer my questions, especially Cashmadam, TheGamingorca and giselle237.

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by solid3(m): 4:11pm On Apr 12
Cashmadam:

Good afternoon. Let's leave the budget for now.

I don't quite understand the percentages you have apportioned to the budget.

Furthermore, please note that your company cannot sponsor a vacation - even if you own it 100%.

The money you need should be saved in your account, or wife's account or both of your accounts.

If you own the company and you have money saved there, you cannot use that money as proof of funds. You are expected to pay yourself a monthly salary and save from that monthly salary towards your trip.

I hope I'm not missing anything. Let us know if you need further support.

Thank you for your response.

I my previously approved visa, my company sponsored 80% of my trip, that's why I want to use the same method. I that application I stated my company, a sole proprietorship company, always avail me allowances like travel allowance, housing allowance etc. That's why i calculated the 20% which needs to be in my account and wife's.

My wife despite working elsewhere, gets monthly allowance from my company as her contributions to the suscess of the company.

Lastly, the company is sponsoring as a form of reward system to boost productivity.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by solid3(m): 4:22pm On Apr 12
Nnekkyneks:
Using company account id not a good idea I applied once for my husband using his company statement, submitted company documents, he was refused on the grounds that we could not proof how the funds in the account was for the trip, it is believed that the funds in company account are for running the business and not for ur family vacation. It was not until I applied using his personal savings or salary account that we got the visa. As Cashmadam has said pls use ur personal account. All the best

What if the company pays travel allowance into my personal account?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 4:33pm On Apr 12
MadameW:
it's a savings app, just like piggy vest.

Chief it will not work oh
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by IfeNimi: 7:29pm On Apr 12
Hello everyone.
Is the 28day statement of account for health and care visa like the one for visitor visa where you have to explain income and expenses?
Would a debit that states refund of loan, raise any eyebrows?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Milito: 8:13pm On Apr 12
Hello Guys,

Please what is the process to temporarily withdraw passport from TLS. Is there a cost implication? And any idea on how long it takes to get the passport please?

giselle237
Thegamingorca
yemmywesey
maziemeka2024
sanyaolurilwan

(1) (2) (3) ... (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) (606) ... (612) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.