Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (606) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (827618 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (603) (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) ... (613) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by obynocute(m): 7:21am On Apr 18
Immigration officer : passport please
Me : Good morning, hands over the passport.
Immigration officer : first time in the UK?
Me : yes
Immigration officer : what does you wife here in the UK.
Me : she's a nurse
Immigration officer : and you what do you do sir.
Me : I'm an engineer
Immigration officer : stamps my passport, welcome to the UK sir.

Birmingham airport yesterday. I thank God for everything and the help I got from here, and from everyone here.

6 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by olutobi123: 9:55am On Apr 18
Please, I'm not a scam. I run a legitimate business. If you need more clarity, ask, don't condemn
giselle237:
this is very wrong information!!! Can you take your scammish self away
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by olutobi123: 9:55am On Apr 18
Sure, you're welcome
WendieT:

I guess I will have to ask for extension then. Thank you very much!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 10:46am On Apr 18
olutobi123:
Please, I'm not a scam. I run a legitimate business. If you need more clarity, ask, don't condemn
Legitimate business you refer to is to provide fake and deceptive bank statements to individuals seeking to deceive embassies of financial prudence when they have got none? Scram please
Some of you lie so much that you start believing your lies
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 11:32am On Apr 18
Candybright:
Please are there no free submission date in Ikeja, I've been checking and nothing. Is there a particular time to check for date?

Check every monday. New dates are released for the week. Grab a free date as soon as they are released. That was my observation. I'm not saying you can't get a free date on any other day.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by iamademola(m): 11:46am On Apr 18
Cashmadam:

Good morning. Provide the documents as requested or wait for the obvious outcome.

To the best of my knowledge, your step daughter cannot enter the UK as your dependant unless you have legally adopted her. If you did not adopt her legally, the visa will be denied.

Thank you so much for your response @cashmadam. we are working to provide the court document , how ever I have some few questions to clarify.

1. Does the 10days ultimatum start counting from the day we received the mail or the working day after.

2. The proof of fund is in the step father account who is the student. Note:- the step father did not legally adopted this child. Is it proper for the Proof of fund to be in the step father account ? Also note the step father and the mother of the child are legally married and living together in the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by olutobi123: 3:15pm On Apr 18
Sure, you're welcome
WendieT:

I guess I will have to ask for extension then. Thank you very much!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Osivao: 5:42pm On Apr 18
Please I need advice on how to move on from this point.
My sons uk dependant visa was refused on that the sole responsibility order the court awarded was based on affidavit of fact. Unfortunately the father passed away fee months later. I want to re apply for his visa again introducing a death certificate on a fresh application. How do I go about this.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Arise01: 6:03pm On Apr 18
Good evening Nairaland Fam, pls how do I pay for UK visa fee. It’s Urgent sir Ma. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by EmirOfBodija(m): 6:08pm On Apr 18
Good evening everyone,

I really appreciate the responses on the last message I shared here. They were helpful.

I shared that my mum has been refused 4 times all due to financial circumstances issue and I also shared her last refusal mail. I appreciate comments here; most of them noting the need to wait and reapply after at least 6 months.

I am writing this to seek advice further.

Is it advisable to apply for a visit visa for her and my dad after some months with my dad retirement certificate, house paper and car papers as ties home without having to share her statement of account anymore?

In this situation, she will be a dependent travelling with him. Note that the whole trip will be sponsored by myself and my partner.

I’ll appreciate your feedbacks.

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 6:51pm On Apr 18
Osivao:
My sons uk dependant visa was refused on that the sole responsibility order the court awarded was based on affidavit of fact. Unfortunately the father passed away fee months later. I want to re apply for his visa again introducing a death certificate on a fresh application. How do I go about this.

Kill me but you are funny grin You are saying introducing the death certificate .. this makes it fishy. I find it hard to believe that the child’s father truly has died and with such a loss … you say it this way… ‘I want to reapply for his visa again ‘introducing a death certificate’

Be very careful…… a word is enough…

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 6:55pm On Apr 18
EmirOfBodija:
Good evening everyone,

I really appreciate the responses on the last message I shared here. They were helpful.

I shared that my mum has been refused 4 times all due to financial circumstances issue and I also shared her last refusal mail. I appreciate comments here; most of them noting the need to wait and reapply after at least 6 months.

Is it advisable to apply for a visit visa for her and my dad after some months with my dad retirement certificate, house paper and car papers as ties home without having to share her statement of account anymore?

In this situation, she will be a dependent travelling with him. Note that the whole trip will be sponsored by myself and my partner.
The worst.
1. You can not hide the bank statement now because it has been the cause or one of the causes of past refusal.
2. She can not be a dependent as you say and then travel with the person she is dependent on.. that means she will never return to Nigeria then
3. You have the whole concept of visit visa wrong. Find your mother’s ties to Nigeria. What would make her return, as now even the spouse she could have claimed would make her return, is who you want to say she would be travelling with
4. Please find time to read this thread, a 5th refusal is awaiting her with this your mindset
5. Irregardless of who is paying for the trips, your mother the applicant must merit the visa on her own standing. No ECO would issue her a visa simply because yourself and your partner are sponsoring

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by maestro03: 7:10pm On Apr 18
It's amazing how dishonesty is so deeply ingrained in the average Nigerian's life. It's actually becoming a culture thing. And I'm no exception (as much as I try to be). One of the requirements for student visa is proof of funds. Show that you can afford it; it may be a steep requirement but it's what it is. Unfortunately, we tend to "run" it. Until now, having read this particular response to the OP's post, I felt it was OK. Shebi I have met the requirement abi? so its OK. Who cares how I met it? The UK govt actually cares....

Thegamingorca:

He is telling you that there is no possible leeway out of this quagmire for your daughter this time around because of your own error to not imagine you could be asked about funds. Previously, you might have been lucky and were not asked to comment about funds. But a review is a review and anything can come up as reason to deny you, if he is refusing your application and there is any reason which comes up that you cannot defend, your application will be trashed aside with possible warning or subtle ban. If you are claiming you were wronged, your application must be spotless or else you'll denied again for refusing to dot an "I" or cross a "t".
It's like taking the eco to court and arguing that he was wrong. What do you think will happen if the first question put to you by the judge, finds you wanting?! Exactly!

The ECO guessed something smelt fishy and decided to cast the line in hopes to catch little fingerlings to deny her review with. Not knowing he was going to catch a whale and so he will most definitely hold up his refusal if the process continues because right now the funds like you said need to be "run" again.

I don't know if any extension can be given or how you intend to put the money back in there. Only UKVI can answer that grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by roak: 7:11pm On Apr 18
Hi Poster, how did the process go with Q life? Did you get your TB test result same day? Or how long did it take?

Bacteria8:
Hi guys... Quick one pls

I want to book for my TB test and this is the cheapest center I saw on the UK home office website as part of the approved clinics

Pls should I go ahead and make payment ?? I hope there's no any bad experiences there from those who have used them before ??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Osivao: 7:26pm On Apr 18
Gurus in the house. Greetings to you all.
Please my sons visa was initially refused on the ground of sole custody which was initially included in the application.
Few months later the other party died.
So I want to re-apply again using the death certificate and the sole custody.it this advisable to use both.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Blessedsteph: 7:33pm On Apr 18
How convenient!!!!!!!
Osivao:
Please my sons visa was initially refused on the ground of sole custody which was initially included in the application.
So I want to re-apply again using the death certificate and the sole custody.it this advisable to use both.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 8:00pm On Apr 18
EmirOfBodija:
Good evening everyone,

I’ll appreciate your feedbacks.

Thank you.

Your Mum cannot travel with the person she claims to be her ties to Nigeria.

I'm not sure why you are so desperate to reapply but from the look of things, you are moving closer to another denial.

Leave this visa business for now. Left to me, she should not reapply this year.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 8:02pm On Apr 18
Osivao:

Is the Father truly dead or you want to produce a fake death certificate?

If he is truly dead, you can reapply with the death certificate and other documents to prove he is really dead.

If he is not dead, don't go down that route. You might be caught and you will not like the outcome.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by crackcrack: 8:04pm On Apr 18
Osivao:

While this sounds fishy, I’m giving you the benefit of the doubt. If the father passed away, and you have the death certificate, attach it to the application. Given that this seems rather convenient for you, I would advise you add other things to prove the father has actually died.

Try to add obituaries, tributes, photocopy of the funeral program, and photos from the funeral. All of this should be in addition to the death certificate.

The goal is to avoid making it look like you’ve declared a hale and hearty man dead just to further your cause.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 8:57pm On Apr 18
Osivao:
The theatrics of it all … smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by adebabs21(f): 9:31pm On Apr 18
Cashmadam:

Calm down. Priority sometimes extends to 10 working days. I'm sure you will hear from them anytime from Monday.

Thank you for the response.

We got a mail today to pick up the passport.

No other mail( my heart is doing kikum kikum)😁😁

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by EmirOfBodija(m): 10:29pm On Apr 18
giselle237:

The worst.
1. You can not hide the bank statement now because it has been the cause or one of the causes of past refusal.
2. She can not be a dependent as you say and then travel with the person she is dependent on.. that means she will never return to Nigeria then
3. You have the whole concept of visit visa wrong. Find your mother’s ties to Nigeria. What would make her return, as now even the spouse she could have claimed would make her return, is who you want to say she would be travelling with
4. Please find time to read this thread, a 5th refusal is awaiting her with this your mindset
5. Irregardless of who is paying for the trips, your mother the applicant must merit the visa on her own standing. No ECO would issue her a visa simply because yourself and your partner are sponsoring

Thank you for your submission. This is well noted.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AyodejiGREAT: 1:27am On Apr 19
Childofgrace18:

I really know the information you need but dependant Visa is one of the easiest application.

Documents needed are:

4: Your spouse Cos number

Good morning Bro.

I hope I have not made a terrible mistake.

I just paid for PBS, Start up, innovator or global talent - partner visa.

Please am I on the right track?

I'm on TLC trying to upload documents and I don't just get it properly.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AyodejiGREAT: 1:36am On Apr 19
obynocute:

Birmingham airport yesterday. I thank God for everything and the help I got from here, and from everyone here.

Did you apply for the PBS, Start up, innovator or global talent - partner visa?

I'm just confused at this point
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 1:49am On Apr 19
Candybright:
Please are there no free submission date in Ikeja, I've been checking and nothing. Is there a particular time to check for date?

You just have to keep checking. 2 days ago I was able to get a date for one of my junior ones. I picked April 25, and I was able to amend it to April 24 later that evening.

But I tried to amend the date again yesterday morning and I was lucky to get a date for today, April 19 (Friday).

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AyodejiGREAT: 2:05am On Apr 19
chidirobert:
Good evening guys please am currently applying for my UK dependent visa

In this shoe at the moment.

What are the documents from your wife that you uploaded on TLC bro, I just dey confused right now!

Abeg
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by NezzyMike: 3:36am On Apr 19
obynocute:
Immigration officer : passport please
Me : Good morning, hands over the passport.
Immigration officer : first time in the UK?
Me : yes
Immigration officer : what does you wife here in the UK.
Me : she's a nurse
Immigration officer : and you what do you do sir.
Me : I'm an engineer2

Immigration officer : stamps my passport, welcome to the UK sir.

Abeg which airline flew u to Birmingham?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by obynocute(m): 6:59am On Apr 19
Yes for partner visa.

AyodejiGREAT:

Did you apply for the PBS, Start up, innovator or global talent - partner visa?

I'm just confused at this point
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by obynocute(m): 7:00am On Apr 19
Turkish Airline, Abuja to Istanbul - istanbul to Birmingham.

NezzyMike:

Abeg which airline flew u to Birmingham?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 7:57am On Apr 19
iamademola:

Thank you so much for your response @cashmadam. we are working to provide the court document , how ever I have some few questions to clarify.

1. Does the 10days ultimatum start counting from the day we received the mail or the working day after - same day I believe

2. The proof of fund is in the step father account who is the student. Note:- the step father did not legally adopted this child. Is it proper for the Proof of fund to be in the step father account ? Also note the step father and the mother of the child are legally married and living together in the UK. - the step Father cannot provide POF unless he legally adopted the child
- [b][/b]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AyodejiGREAT: 8:00am On Apr 19
obynocute:
Yes for partner visa.

Thank you for your response, I feel relieved. Congratulations to you.
Please I would love you to tell me the documents you uploaded and to which section on the TLC site because I'm having difficulties with which to put under which of the sections.
Thanks for your kind response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by roak: 8:30am On Apr 19
UK Work Visa TB Test

Which of the hospitals will give me the hardcopy of TB Result on same day?

Hi everyone. For the TB Test, based off anyone's past experience, which of the approved hosptals is able to generate the hard copy of the report for me same day?

I heard some do same day, some take 48hrs. I'm coming from out of Lagos so I need to book the center that gives hard copy back same day.

(1) (2) (3) ... (603) (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) ... (613) (Reply)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.