Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,314 members, 7,867,830 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 03:48 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (628) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (889026 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) ... (643) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by KEMINIE500: 6:48pm On May 24
I later used Air peace spent 1 million

It was cheap but stressful. At the end, you go still relax...they provide accomodation though for a short time. Get your yellow card.[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by solid3(m): 8:51pm On May 24
marveltrades01:
Good evening,

Please can you share like how much balance you had at the time of submission?

Also I’m new here, what page do you suggest I read from, going on tourist visit with my spouse.

We both have canada visiting visa though unused. I have a US visa unused too.

We want to visit the UK. I noticed im not able to create family profile. How do i link our accounts? Or do we have to submit independently?

There's no family visa profile, you have to apply independently but you will get to a point where they will ask you if you're traveling with anyone, answer yes and provide your spouse's details.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by tuco02: 5:41am On May 25
Please how do I appeal this cos the funds are all from my employer and also amount to spend is just for me , i stated on my each family member their own amount as well ? @cashmadam
Can I have the email for reconsideration request or any contact mail for that
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Bigkenny: 10:54am On May 25
peksmay:

Okay. I was thinking I'll put just 1pound since I won't be spending anything and my husband is the sole sponsor

I put 1095 pounds for her but I explained that her husband is going to be the sole sponsor of the trip, and I included her husband's financial statement.

Whatever that works for you, the ultimate goal is to get the visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by akintola213: 3:44pm On May 25
Please who has travelled with Qatar recently from Lagos ? Want to know if yellow card is needed

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sanyaolurilwan(m): 3:53pm On May 25
Me

January to the UK

Yes, they normally ask for it.

akintola213:
Please who has travelled with Qatar recently from Lagos ? Want to know if yellow card is needed

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by roak: 4:17pm On May 25
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by roak: 4:18pm On May 25
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by roak: 4:23pm On May 25
Really? I wonder when this changed. I travelled Dec 2022 to UK. I didn't have a yellow card then, and they didn't ask.

sanyaolurilwan:
Me

January to the UK

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 4:30pm On May 25
sanyaolurilwan:
Me
January to the UK
Qatar airways?? Please this information is incorrect
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 6:21pm On May 25
giselle237:
Qatar airways?? Please this information is incorrect

Very incorrect information!

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 6:22pm On May 25
[quote author=roak post=130137446][/quote]

Yes. Transit visa required
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 6:23pm On May 25
tuco02:
Please how do I appeal this cos the funds are all from my employer and also amount to spend is just for me , i stated on my each family member their own amount as well ? @cashmadam
Can I have the email for reconsideration request or any contact mail for that

Sorry about the refusal.

I suggest you reapply when you are psychologically ready.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Zoey1: 6:35pm On May 25
They have never asked me for it.
akintola213:

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by MadameW: 10:54pm On May 25
I wonder too, I’ve used them a couple of times and wasn’t asked for yellow card. Still used them late last year.

[quote author=roak post=130137533]
Really? I wonder when this changed. I travelled Dec 2022 to UK. I didn't have a yellow card then, and they didn't ask.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sanyaolurilwan(m): 2:24am On May 26
Then I maybe wrong, I've had it since I've been traveling and I remember very well handing it over to them over the counter when I traveled last time.
roak:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Dradephoenix(m): 8:01am On May 26
AmbFitsaint:

Didn't you upload a bank statement or COS was ticked maintenance for you ?

My trust added a sponsor note that they will be responsible for maintenence

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by pinkprincess87(f): 9:16am On May 26
Please I need an urgent help.

I used the plumpter app to pay for my IHS fees and I applied for a refund and the UKVI has refunded me back and they used same plumpter app account to pay me.
Ever since the payment, the plumpter app hasn’t been replying me, I have sent series of mails to them, even sent a letter through DHL but no reply. Can anyone help out on how I can recover my money from plumpter. It’s 3 months now and no response from them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by MrSoftlife(f): 12:05pm On May 26
pinkprincess87:
Please I need an urgent help.

I used the plumpter app to pay for my IHS fees and I applied for a refund and the UKVI has refunded me back and they used same plumpter app account to pay me.
Ever since the payment, the plumpter app hasn’t been replying me, I have sent series of mails to them, even sent a letter through DHL but no reply. Can anyone help out on how I can recover my money from plumpter. It’s 3 months now and no response from them.

Did you call their customer care?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 2:22pm On May 26
sanyaolurilwan:
Then I maybe wrong, I've had it since I've been traveling and I remember very well handing it over to them over the counter when I traveled last time.

That is strange. I've used Qatar several times and never been asked nor did I offer yellow card to anyone.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by MrSoftlife(f): 2:40pm On May 26
Cashmadam:

That is strange. I've used Qatar several times and never been asked nor did I offer yellow card to anyone.

Very strange indeed. Most times some airport staff will just try to reap off where they didn't sow.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jannyfranc: 3:21pm On May 26
Good afternoon all, how can one travel with expired Nigerian passport fromUK? What airline can I use.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by WeezyTip: 5:58pm On May 26
Hello Fam, I had to create another moniker so that I can be anonymous. Please I need help or clarification based on things…

My younger brother will be graduating July 11th and he has invited me and our mom as his guests. Now this is what I am trying to seek help on…. I have a lounge that I have been running since April 2022, but I just recently got it registered last month. Meanwhile, my mom has a thriving business too that has been registered since 2021 with the account running very fine. Also, her personal bank account has a great history compared to mine because it is her account we use to purchase properties. Just this year alone, we have purchased properties worth 20million and if we are to add the transaction history, it looks great. So due to this, we have decided to use her account for the POF for the both of us.

Also, we have landed properties, house, shopping complex (this was recently acquired), 2 acres of land used for farming (this belongs to my brother, the one graduating). I have 4 plots of land personally, I used 2 plots as the registration address for my lounge. My sister has 2 plots of land too. Everything is been managed by me, including my brother’s block industry. Also, I am married with kids and my wife works in a bank. She has been working for 10years.

Also, I have an uncle in the UK, that wants to serve as co-sponsor because he’s a citizen and he owns a house there, and he’s willing to act as sponsor. We also bear the same surname.

Now the question is this, we do not want to use agents, we want to do it on our own, please what are the documents we should arrange, the things to do or how to go about things. That’s the reason why I had to talk about some details, so anyone trying to help, will know how to help out.

Thank you all and sorry for the long read.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by IfeNimi: 6:49pm On May 26
Hello
Is COS a required document to upload for skilled worker visa?
Mine was passworded and showing error on TLS website when I attempt to upload it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Igbamatigbi: 7:32pm On May 26
[quote author=IfeNimi post=130155269]Hello
Is COS a required document to upload for skilled worker visa?
Mine was passworded and showing error on TLS website when I attempt to upload it.[/quote

It’s serial numbers. The employer with give the document stating the type of work visa, code, serial number and other details but it’s just the job code and COS serial number you will input during application

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 7:38pm On May 26
Jannyfranc:
Good afternoon all, how can one travel with expired Nigerian passport fromUK? What airline can I use.

I believe you can. Best you book on a direct flight like BA, Virgin. Avoid airlines with stopover

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 7:40pm On May 26
MrSoftlife:

Very strange indeed. Most times some airport staff will just try to reap off where they didn't sow.

I know this is not the German Visa thread. Please help if you have the information. How can I pay for a German visa? It used to be strictly cash. Do I still need to take cash or can I pay with my card. Please help if you have the correct information. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jannyfranc: 8:09pm On May 26
Thanks so much @cashmadam
Cashmadam:

I believe you can. Best you book on a direct flight like BA, Virgin. Avoid airlines with stopover
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ducan: 8:19pm On May 26
Please I go offer from Teesside university and am required to pay £4000 before they give me CAS. Pls I want to sell a property and move over because I am a bodybuilder massive muscle and can work as bouncer. I am going to do MSC , I want to ask someone in Teesside if it’s wise. Cos my uncle told me they best decision a young man can take now is to travel abroad. My friend already there is working and studying msc too. Pls do you advise me to go on and pay the £4000. Do you think it’s wise choice and about I will make
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by MrSoftlife(f): 10:34pm On May 26
Cashmadam:

I know this is not the German Visa thread. Please help if you have the information. How can I pay for a German visa? It used to be strictly cash. Do I still need to take cash or can I pay with my card. Please help if you have the correct information. Thank you

The embassy in Lagos has a POS. So you can pay either by cash or card.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Bigkenny: 11:01pm On May 26
sanyaolurilwan:

Is this a new rule because a yellow card is not required for Nigerian passport holders who are entering the UK with a visitor visa? I was in the UK a few weeks ago, in March, to be precise.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 12:02am On May 27
MrSoftlife:

The embassy in Lagos has a POS. So you can pay either by cash or card.

Many thanks!

(1) (2) (3) ... (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) ... (643) (Reply)

German Embassy And Visa / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.