Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,915 members, 7,863,191 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:49 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (629) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (883394 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) ... (640) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 12:08am On May 27
WeezyTip:
Hello Fam, I had to create another moniker so that I can be anonymous. Please I need help or clarification based on things…

My younger brother will be graduating July 11th and he has invited me and our mom as his guests. Now this is what I am trying to seek help on…. I have a lounge that I have been running since April 2022, but I just recently got it registered last month. Meanwhile, my mom has a thriving business too that has been registered since 2021 with the account running very fine. Also, her personal bank account has a great history compared to mine because it is her account we use to purchase properties. Just this year alone, we have purchased properties worth 20million and if we are to add the transaction history, it looks great. So due to this, we have decided to use her account for the POF for the both of us.

Also, we have landed properties, house, shopping complex (this was recently acquired), 2 acres of land used for farming (this belongs to my brother, the one graduating). I have 4 plots of land personally, I used 2 plots as the registration address for my lounge. My sister has 2 plots of land too. Everything is been managed by me, including my brother’s block industry. Also, I am married with kids and my wife works in a bank. She has been working for 10years.

Also, I have an uncle in the UK, that wants to serve as co-sponsor because he’s a citizen and he owns a house there, and he’s willing to act as sponsor. We also bear the same surname.

Now the question is this, we do not want to use agents, we want to do it on our own, please what are the documents we should arrange, the things to do or how to go about things. That’s the reason why I had to talk about some details, so anyone trying to help, will know how to help out.

Thank you all and sorry for the long read.

July is round the corner. You should have started this journey earlier. Hopefully, you have been your accounts in order.

I don't advise your use your Uncle or anyone else as a sponsor.

Sponsor yourself. Your Mum can also sponsor herself.

Your businesses will serve as your major ties to Nigeria. For you, your wife will be another tie to Nigeria.

Get all the documents relating to your businesses. Fill the online form carefully. Be honest. No lies. If you need help for a specific area in the form, let us know. You need to start now. As it is, you will be buying expensive tickets...

Good luck!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by LadyCaplin: 12:22am On May 27
I paid in cash when i applied late last year.

I dont know if this has changed.

Hope this helps.

Cashmadam:

I know this is not the German Visa thread. Please help if you have the information. How can I pay for a German visa? It used to be strictly cash. Do I still need to take cash or can I pay with my card. Please help if you have the correct information. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by IfeNimi: 6:40am On May 27
[quote author=Igbamatigbi post=130155903][/quote]

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by WeezyTip: 12:32pm On May 27
Cashmadam:

July is round the corner. You should have started this journey earlier. Hopefully, you have been your accounts in order.

I don't advise your use your Uncle or anyone else as a sponsor.

Sponsor yourself. Your Mum can also sponsor herself.

Your businesses will serve as your major ties to Nigeria. For you, your wife will be another tie to Nigeria.

Get all the documents relating to your businesses. Fill the online form carefully. Be honest. No lies. If you need help for a specific area in the form, let us know. You need to start now. As it is, you will be buying expensive tickets...

Good luck!

Thank you for this. God bless you. Yes, I’ve started already. I will keep the group posted on things.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Dradephoenix(m): 12:35pm On May 27
twojul:
Hello house,
Please I need some clarification/advice. I got a job with the NHS and I’ve gotten my COS. My parents have contributed some funds for me to help with the move. I’ll be using my bank statement which shows this amount entering my account and staying there for 28 days. I plan to use this account and these funds in it for my POF when I apply for my work visa next week. Do I need to explain this money? Prior to this payment the account didn’t have much and I barely used it. Help please.
I don't know if you have made your application. If not just print out the statement after deposit were made, home office don't care if any transactions was made or not. The money must be there for at least 28 days. Congrat in advance. For NHS job nobody will stress you, mine took 2 days
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by iamDozzy(m): 2:03pm On May 27
marveltrades01:
Good evening,

Please can you share like how much balance you had at the time of submission?

Also I’m new here, what page do you suggest I read from, going on tourist visit with my spouse.

We both have canada visiting visa though unused. I have a US visa unused too.

We want to visit the UK. I noticed im not able to create family profile. How do i link our accounts? Or do we have to submit independently?

I had less than 100k in my salary account and I had 5m in my savings account (like I said 3m was a lump sum transfer from my Pocket app)

This page should help you and your Canada and US visas will give you extra points.

As for if you can link applications, I cant help you with that, maybe others with more experience can

All the best

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by akintola213: 4:01pm On May 27
ducan:
Please I go offer from Teesside university and am required to pay £4000 before they give me CAS. Pls I want to sell a property and move over because I am a bodybuilder massive muscle and can work as bouncer. I am going to do MSC , I want to ask someone in Teesside if it’s wise. Cos my uncle told me they best decision a young man can take now is to travel abroad. My friend already there is working and studying msc too. Pls do you advise me to go on and pay the £4000. Do you think it’s wise choice and about I will make

Find another school,leave teeside university,they dnt have chills..if you miss any tution payment they report you to home office straight and have your visa revoked
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by roak: 4:30pm On May 27
Ethiopian airlines enquiries

Anyone travelled on ethiopian airlines this year?

Asides your cabin baggage (hand luggage) were you also allowed to have a carry on bag (carry on bag means hand bag or laptop bag etc).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by roak: 4:38pm On May 27
Handing it over to them is different from them asking though....you may have just given them with your passport - dosent necessarily mean they asked. Just saying... as the general consensus from other travellers here is that Qatar dosent ask for yellow card

sanyaolurilwan:
Then I maybe wrong, I've had it since I've been traveling and I remember very well handing it over to them over the counter when I traveled last time.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by TheAristocrat(m): 6:46pm On May 27
VISA ALERT!!!!

Documents Submitted:

1. Payslips
2. Letter of Introduction from Employer
3a. Bank Statement indicating payment of salaries ( highlighted the credit entries denoting the salaries before uploading the statement)
3b. Bank Statement indicating payment of dividend (Printed out Statement of Account from January, 2023 till time of submission of
application, and highlighted the credit entries denoting the dividends before uploading the statement)
4. CSCS Statement of Account
5. Print-out of Hotel Reservation
6. Travel History ( Copies of expired 5-yr UK Visa, expired 3-Month Schengen Visa, valid US Visa and entry/exit stamps from Rwanda/Ghana/UAE)

Timeline:

May 13, 2024- Dropped Passport at TLS and had my biometrics taken. Application transferred to Decision Making Centre same day.
May 16, 2024- Received Email from gov.uk that that my application has been received and is awaiting consideration.
May 23, 2024- Received Email that passport is ready for collection.

Decision:

10-year multiple entry tourist visa issued.

8 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by donteebalo(m): 6:51pm On May 27
TheAristocrat:
VISA ALERT!!!!

Documents Submitted:

1. Payslips
2. Letter of Introduction from Employer
3a. Bank Statement indicating payment of salaries ( highlighted the credit entries denoting the salaries before uploading the statement)
3b. Bank Statement indicating payment of dividend (Printed out Statement of Account from January, 2023 till time of submission of
application, and highlighted the credit entries denoting the dividends before uploading the statement)
4. CSCS Statement of Account
5. Print-out of Hotel Reservation
6. Travel History ( Copies of expired 5-yr UK Visa, expired 3-Month Schengen Visa, valid US Visa and entry/exit stamps from Rwanda/Ghana/UAE)

Timeline:

May 13, 2024- Dropped Passport at TLS and had my biometrics taken. Application transferred to Decision Making Centre same day.
May 16, 2024- Received Email from gov.uk that that my application has been received and is awaiting consideration.
May 23, 2024- Received Email that passport is ready for collection.

Decision:

10-year multiple entry tourist visa issued.

Congratulations, you submitted an intimidating supporting document 😀😀😀

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by TheAristocrat(m): 7:23pm On May 27
grin grin Thanks.
donteebalo:

Congratulations, you submitted an intimidating supporting document 😀😀😀
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Trueigbo: 8:10pm On May 27
g
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by stKorea: 8:51pm On May 27
@giselle
@cashmadam
And host of others intellectual in the house,
Pls I'd like to know if one can use a Microfinance Bank statement of account as proof of fund for UK visit visa?

I'd appreciate your kind contribution on this please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Peachesarewhite: 9:14pm On May 27
akintola213:
Please who has travelled with Qatar recently from Lagos ? Want to know if yellow card is needed

Thank you

I used Qatar in November 2023, they didn't request for yellow card. Though I had it handy just in case.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Neot77(m): 6:43am On May 28
Good morning everyone, pls I need assistance on how to track my passport. It's 3 weeks now that my visa had been denied but yet to receive my passport. Pls I need help on what to do.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by stKorea: 7:13am On May 28
stKorea:
@giselle
@cashmadam
Pls I'd like to know if one can use a Microfinance Bank statement of account as proof of fund for UK visit visa?

Pls, I need a response on this
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by roak: 10:02am On May 28

Asides your hand luggage were you also allowed to have a carry on bag (carry on bag means hand bag , laptop bag etc).

And how was the flight experience generally?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Neot77(m): 10:45am On May 28
[/color][color=#006600][i][/i]
Neot77:
Good morning everyone, pls I need assistance on how to track my passport. It's 3 weeks now that my visa had been denied but yet to receive my passport. Pls I need help on what to do.

All the gurus please I need an assistant on how to track my passport or what can I do to get my passport. Plsssss help me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 11:38am On May 28
Neot77:
[/color][color=#006600][i][/i]

All the gurus please I need an assistant on how to track my passport or what can I do to get my passport. Plsssss help me.

Give them till the end of the week.

Have you been there to ask for your passport?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 11:39am On May 28
roak:

Asides your hand luggage were you also allowed to have a carry on bag (carry on bag means hand bag , laptop bag etc).

And how was the flight experience generally?

I used them about 5 years ago. They were okay. You can carry a handbag and hand luggage. I don't think the policy has changed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 11:40am On May 28
stKorea:
@giselle
@cashmadam

Yes, you can as long as it is recongized by CBN.

However, personally, I would prefer to use statement of account from a regular bank.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 11:43am On May 28
LadyCaplin:
I paid in cash when i applied late last year.

I dont know if this has changed.

Hope this helps.

It does help. Many thanks!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 11:45am On May 28
iamDozzy:

I had less than 100k in my salary account and I had 5m in my savings account (like I said 3m was a lump sum transfer from my Pocket app)

This page should help you and your Canada and US visas will give you extra points.

As for if you can link applications, I cant help you with that, maybe others with more experience can

All the best

You can't create a family profile. each person will fill a different form. As a family, it is best you choose the same date and time for your biometrics.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by stKorea: 1:32pm On May 28
Cashmadam:

Yes, you can as long as it is recongized by CBN.

However, personally, I would prefer to use statement of account from a regular bank.

Thanks for your response ma..
Secondly, I'm currently working with the Microfinance Bank and of course they pay my salary and I'm now thinking of getting the pof from here if it will work instead of wasting fund on regular banks..
And yes they're regulated by the Cbn...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 3:17pm On May 28
stKorea:

Thanks for your response ma..
Secondly, I'm currently working with the Microfinance Bank and of course they pay my salary and I'm now thinking of getting the pof from here if it will work instead of wasting fund on regular banks..
And yes they're regulated by the Cbn...

That's fine. Use it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by babs4all: 3:18pm On May 28
I need the advice of the gurus in the house. I once had a UK 6 months visa in 2019. I spent only 4 days in UK during my visit. Ever since then, I have not had any reason to apply for their visa. Though, I am a regular traveler but UK has not been on my radar. I currently have these valid visas: USA - 5 years visa, Canada - 9 years and Schengen 4 years. I am planning to apply for 10yrs UK visa. Is it proper and what's my chance? Note that I have used the USA and the Schengen visas.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 3:40pm On May 28
babs4all:
I need the advice of the gurus in the house. I once had a UK 6 months visa in 2019. I spent only 4 days in UK during my visit. Ever since then, I have not had any reason to apply for their visa. Though, I am a regular traveler but UK has not been on my radar. I currently have these valid visas: USA - 5 years visa, Canada - 9 years and Schengen 4 years. I am planning to apply for 10yrs UK visa. Is it proper and what's my chance? Note that I have used the USA and the Schengen visas.
Go for the UK 10 years. Do take your time in completing your form. If you want to abscond, you have USA, Canada and Schengen options so the ECO would on a balance of probabilities take a chance on you. Just fill the form well.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by kunki90(m): 5:54pm On May 28
Anyone know UK schools with deposit fees less than 3-4k pounds ?? Lowest I have had so far is 6k deposit for university of stirling
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by tobinofadipe: 6:20pm On May 28
If I'm going to fully sponsor someone for a visit visa with £3000, how much can one say the applicant will personally spend during their visit. Your Input will be appreciated, thank you.
Gurus in the house please assist, the applicant balance is N250k
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by tobinofadipe: 8:19pm On May 28
Congratulations on your mum's Visa
Please what are the documents you submitted and how much did you use to sponsor her, also the amount you included as her monthly expenses.
I will appreciate if you can assist with providing answers to this questions
Thank you

akintola213:
VISA ALERT!!!

Biometrics : 25th April

Collection : 9th May
6Months Visit visa approved
This is a huge one for me because my mum got denied exactly 2weeks ago because I didn’t include her bank statement coz I felt she wnt need it coz I was sponsoring her…I had to put in another application immediately even before she got her passport back and now her visa is out…she had just 200k in her acct and visa is approved,finally my mum is coming to help me take care of my new born…

Thanks to everyone on this platform ,i appreciate all the process here and I took note of them
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thastie(f): 9:33pm On May 28
veleta:

Write a cover letter introducing yourself, job title then mention you are inviting your mum for a visit but don't mention omugwu/childcare. You can say she is visiting to see her grandchildren. Mention that she will be staying with you all through her stay that her flight, accommodation will be sorted by you.

Include her bank statement, it's very important and also, if she is currently working or retired add the letter(pension letter if any).
Attach your tenancy agreement, council tax, letter of invitation from you as well as the cover letter.

Your mum should write cover letter as well.

All the best.

Please guys, I am having trouble with this letter thing.
Will the letter be part of what I would upload on the TLS service because I am the one applying for my mom. And how many letters do we need? Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) ... (640) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / German Embassy And Visa / Lets Talk About Estonia

Viewing this topic: MadeMan01(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.