Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,103 members, 7,828,856 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (843918 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (622) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cutiefred06: 2:28pm On Apr 25, 2022
I did my biometric on March 15
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by aizebe: 2:38pm On Apr 25, 2022
Hello House, does TLSContact have a phone number for center in Ikeja
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 2:44pm On Apr 25, 2022
Widall:
If u are using self service, u need to upload all ur supporting documents before going for ur biometrics.About bank statement, I read somewhere that the one u get from the bank and has their stamp is better
none is better. Electronic statements are very well accepted.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by bowals11: 3:17pm On Apr 25, 2022
solid3:
When and were did you do your biometric capturing?

I did capturing at tls ikeja on March 11

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by narpheesarh: 7:52pm On Apr 25, 2022
Hi..I have just submitted and booked appointment for my mum. I received an appointment confirmation email for Thursday from TLS. However I can't see anywhere to upload my document..I only see track and appointment not set yet just as in the image below..The appointment date is for Thursday..I am now confused

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Pagxy: 8:13pm On Apr 25, 2022
narpheesarh:
Hi..I have just submitted and booked appointment for my mum. I received an appointment confirmation email for Thursday from TLS. However I can't see anywhere to upload my document..I only see track and appointment not set yet just as in the image below..The appointment date is for Thursday..I am now confused
Same thing happened to my friend, no place to upload documents and no confirmation mail, I told him to send a mail.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by HRprof: 8:28pm On Apr 25, 2022
narpheesarh:
Are you sure you choose self services ? Otherwise you will see upload after the track

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Damilolly(f): 9:04pm On Apr 25, 2022
Anyone who's travelled with Lufthansa in the last 6 months, did they weigh your hand luggage please? How strict are they with luggage weight?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mamawa123: 9:18pm On Apr 25, 2022
Damilolly:
Anyone who's travelled with Lufthansa in the last 6 months, did they weigh your hand luggage please? How strict are they with luggage weight?

No, if the handbag (carry-on) is not too bulky. They will weigh it if the carry-on appears to be bigger than average carry-on bags.

Note: That Nigerian passport holders need a Transit / Schengen visa when in transit through German airports.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by narpheesarh: 9:19pm On Apr 25, 2022
HRprof:

Are you sure you choose self services ? Otherwise you will see upload after the track
yes I did. Even the appointment time and date is 'Not yet set' when I have actually received a confirming email confirming the booked date and time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mamawa123: 9:28pm On Apr 25, 2022
narpheesarh:
yes I did. Even the appointment time and date is 'Not yet set' when I have actually received a confirming email confirming the booked date and time.

That might be a computer glitch. Try it again tomorrow or use a different computer
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Olawales93(m): 9:47pm On Apr 25, 2022
Hi Everyone,

I’d like to ask, is it possible to request for an extension of an “unused” visa?

For context, we were issued 6-months Visit visa to attend the graduation ceremony of my younger sibling - but the event was later cancelled due to COVID-19 Delta variant earlier in the year. The event has now been rescheduled to 2 weeks after our visas were to expire.

What would you advise? Re-apply again
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by narpheesarh: 10:22pm On Apr 25, 2022
mamawa123:

That might be a computer glitch. Try it again tomorrow or use a different computer
Thanks..I will keep checking. Its been l8ke that since Sunday, and the appointment is Thursday. Still can't upload
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Dramadiddy(m): 10:29pm On Apr 25, 2022
narpheesarh:
Thanks..I will keep checking. Its been l8ke that since Sunday, and the appointment is Thursday. Still can't upload
try again by midnight, it will correct
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by narpheesarh: 10:33pm On Apr 25, 2022
Dramadiddy:
try again by midnight, it will correct
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by aizebe: 11:20pm On Apr 25, 2022
if flexi is booked wondering what the TLS contact means

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by waleshadow: 11:28pm On Apr 25, 2022
Hi,

My family got a successful AR in February as well, it has been 12 weeks now. They have been responding to emails that it is under consideration but with no timeline. Has there been any update on yours? please share if you have any info, Thanks.

DFmum:
11 weeks of successful administrative review, nil mail for passport submission yet. When will this be over?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by waleshadow: 12:17am On Apr 26, 2022
Hi,

Has there been any update on your AR final decision? please share if there is any info that may help others.

Thanks.

Pandaaa:
Hello

Help me b4 UKVI drives me crazy.

I was refused visa on the 14th of October.
The reason is that i didn't meet up with the financial requirements, but I did.

So I went for an Administrative review the same day. I heard nothing from this UK home office until 17th of December.

I was notified of my successful administrative review.

But till now they have not reached me on any decision made yet.

I used the paid enquiry to escalated the matter, they sent an email that a decision has been made but they can't disclose it on line( this one was happening last month) that I should wait for 15 working days, that they will reach me.

I am still waiting.oooh,

I don't know my left from my right, too much uncertainties concerning the visa application.

I disturbed thier life with the paid enquiry, they are still saying the same thing, the Home office is busy, wait for 15days your issue has been escalated.
I have waited for 15days 2 times now.

Is there any other thing i can do? Any other channel I cam use and mount pressure in them?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by captainlondon(m): 12:19am On Apr 26, 2022
Hello House, Please has anyone travelled with British Airways recently? Is there any form of covid vaccination or tests check at the airport in Nigeria or London?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by BaldGandalf: 12:23am On Apr 26, 2022
Hello, guys. Please, how much should I budget for a vacation in the UK? I intend to stay for two weeks. PS: I have a doctor friend who works there, so I'll be staying at his place all through. And how do I submit an application? Thanks!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by aizebe: 1:51am On Apr 26, 2022
Has anyone been able to book appointment for family in ikeja?

Abit strange and confuse using the appointment page.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 3:58am On Apr 26, 2022
Olawales93:
Hi Everyone,

I’d like to ask, is it possible to request for an extension of an “unused” visa?for context, we were issued 6-months Visit visa to attend the graduation ceremony of my younger sibling - but the event was later cancelled due to COVID-19 Delta variant earlier in the year. The event has now been rescheduled to 2 weeks after our visas were to expire.What would you advise? Re-apply again
reapplication

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Olawales93(m): 8:29am On Apr 26, 2022
Oh. Thank you

giselle237:
reapplication
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by KaceeDcontrol(m): 8:58am On Apr 26, 2022
Good morning guys
Thanks for all your contributions.
Quick questions:
1. Based on your experiences, how does self service compare to assisted service in the VI office? Would you consider any to be more efficient?
2. Can you have your biometrics on a different day from your scheduled day using the walk-in option? We would like to have our biometrics together though we got different appointment dates.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Legend1145(m): 10:20am On Apr 26, 2022
Good morning
Biometric March 29, I send paid mail and the reply I got below. The intended date of leaving the UK is May hope it won't affect decision

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Widall: 11:49am On Apr 26, 2022
Legend1145:
Good morning
Biometric March 29, I send paid mail and the reply I got below. The intended date of leaving the UK is May hope it won't affect decision

Is this a work visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ohisky2: 12:46pm On Apr 26, 2022
Legend1145:
Good morning

is this work visa

and where did you do biometrics?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by keneryhark(m): 2:44pm On Apr 26, 2022
Good day everyone, me and my wife intends to relocate to the UK through the student pathway. From our calculation the amount needed for our prove of fund is #16,866,600. We have a guaranteed accomodation. If we are able to prove we have an accommodation, can the amount required for prove of fund be reduced when apply for Visa? Anyone with a link of who can help with the prove of fund? Kindly quote me with your answer 08059290962
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Arise01: 4:05pm On Apr 26, 2022
Legend1145:
Good morning

Good afternoon bro, Pls I did my biometric on the 10th of March and no mail from them. Pls how do I contact them? Kind of worried
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by bowals11: 6:33pm On Apr 26, 2022
Arise01:

Good afternoon bro, Pls I did my biometric on the 10th of March and no mail from them. Pls how do I contact them? Kind of worried

Please is this for visitor visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Haiziik: 6:42pm On Apr 26, 2022
Good evening everyone
Tier 5 (charity worker visa)
Biometric -Feb. 2nd
NSF -15 WD
Sent paid mail twice to enquire the status of my application, response is awaiting decision
Today marks 58 WD
I'm tired already, so I decided not to put mind or send any paid mail again.
It's annoying sha

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (622) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

Viewing this topic: Davisk11(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.