Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,021 members, 7,835,460 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (850982 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (626) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Uchepresido: 4:10pm On May 21, 2022
Good day house. Please I need advice on how to soften my multiple visa refusal from other countries.
I wish to apply for UK visa but I have been denied Australian visa twice and USA visa once.
My wife has gotten her study visa and has started her education there since February 2022. now I and my 2 children want to join her there.
How do I put it so that I don't look desperate?
Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ray7878: 4:30pm On May 21, 2022
Bosslady25:

I could have pasted my cover letter here but it is quite detailed ( I got tips from the group when applying)... I mentioned in the cover letter that my program ends April 2022. I highlighted the funds in my account and the fact that it was from hubby and family members. Which is evidenced in transaction details. I also stated that my brother was fully funding the trip,because he wanted me at his wedding ( which is true). I’m the only one out of 5 siblings not attending. Everyone is in the UK.
It’s quite painful ..,

Sis don’t be downbeat, I really feel your pain. To be the only sibling not to be there must be devastating. I kinda wish they could have asked you for more evidence if needed. But as Gizelle said it seems they were looking at how you have more ties to the UK rather than Nigeria, and they were afraid you could have choose not to return etc - I really empathise with you.

No matter what you do I hope your brother puts in a complaint, just to show how disappointed he is, so in future when you re-apply (For example if he had a child and he wanted you to be there for the christening etc) it would not be an issue.

Anyway goodluck for when you decide to reapply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by heaven2earth: 4:47pm On May 21, 2022
Good day everyone. I have a name ommison in my degree certificate and nysc (2 names) but my 3 names appear on my passport and other documents. I've being using an affidavit (confirmation of names) so far and I have gotten admission and everything. I'm just worried if the affidavit won't be a problem at the visa stage. Would the affidavit still go through as always? Or is there somthing else I need to add to it or do differently? Please I'd appreciate some advise from experience. Edakun!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nchabuomo: 5:34pm On May 21, 2022
AdesinaOBD:

You guys keep saying don't forget.

But please, i need a detailed response.

*The questions again*
If you once applied for (lets say) france visa like 4 years ago and got denied. Then now you applied for a uk visa but didn't mention your visa denial from france because you felt, the denial is not from uk...
Are you still in line? or you have to mention.
And how do this ECOs find out your past visa denials.

Is English hard to comprehend? Is the denial question UK specific? Countries share information and not declaring a refusal is a ground for visa refusal.

If you don't want to declare it, then you don't
have to, each to their own.

5 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nchabuomo: 5:36pm On May 21, 2022
Uchepresido:
Good day house. Please I need advice on how to soften my multiple visa refusal from other countries.
I wish to apply for UK visa but I have been denied Australian visa twice and USA visa once.
My wife has gotten her study visa and has started her education there since February 2022. now I and my 2 children want to join her there.

You are not desperate, you are reuniting with your family. Present it as it is.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AmeliaT: 7:03pm On May 21, 2022
You will be rejected and May also face a 10 year ban. There is a system called “CLASS” which the consulate staff and ECOs use. It has a record of your passport; goings, comings, refusals et al. So, these countries all share information. It’s best to declare. A previous refusal doesn’t stop you from getting a Visa. I have friends and colleagues that have been denied multiple times due to financial reasons and when they got their act together, were later granted. Deceit is a key reason for refusal and bans.

Declare!

AdesinaOBD:
Do you really have to state you have been denied a visa to another country in your application? I want to know the implication(s) if you don't add that...

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AmeliaT: 7:09pm On May 21, 2022
My colleague applied to the UK about three times that I’m aware of and was rejected all three times. He also applied when he was much younger. Last year, his company had a group trip and did a group application. He was granted the visa. Shortly after that, they had a trip to the US and he was also granted. ECOs are mature enough to know that people’s circumstances change. Someone could have been refused multiple times because they applied at the wrong time. They get their act together and can now travel. So, it depends on your circumstances.

My husband applied for a UK visa when he first graduated and reapplied last year. More than 14 years later and was granted. He even declared the refusal and explained that it was because he applied as a fresh graduate with no reasonable ties or income. He got the UK visa and has had multiple US Visas etc. It’s not held against him because his circumstances have changed dramatically.

Uchepresido:

5 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cycloe: 7:25pm On May 21, 2022
My friend is inviting his parents for his graduation. We need advise and Input please . His mum has been refused visa before because she wrote unemployed in the letter and was sponsored without adding her statement.
This time around her husband is going with her , they both have a company account . The husband works also.
In this case what’s the best way to tackle the applications.
Should he ignore using his company account or just get letter of introduction from his employed company .
Then can he sponsor his wife and she adds her statement of account and also the company account details ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by adelejane: 7:36pm On May 21, 2022
I applied for a 2 years visa with my children, we've been to the UK together and i schooled and work there on post study visa for some time before coming home. i don't know why I'm just seeing few mistakes i made in my application right after my biometric.....where they asked have you been to the UK in the last 10 years? i answered yes and put the month and year.......only to realize now that i typed in October 2018 instead of July 2018, this is an honest mistake....we don't stay beyond 4 weeks when we go to the UK so never over stayed i only made a mistake of the month i filled in, funny enough i filled July 2018 for my kids. i haven't been able to think straight, i'm the same person the bank addressed the letter to German Embassy instead of British embassy. 2 years visa money no be beans ooooo....been thinking .....do i need to send any mail ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by nwaogukings03: 8:33pm On May 21, 2022
adelejane:
I applied for a 2 years visa with my children, we've been to the UK together and i schooled and work there on post study visa for some time before coming home. i don't know why I'm just seeing few mistakes i made in my application right after my biometric.....where they asked have you been to the UK in the last 10 years? i answered yes and put the month and year.......only to realize now that i typed in October 2018 instead of July 2018, this is an honest mistake....we don't stay beyond 4 weeks when we go to the UK so never over stayed i only made a mistake of the month i filled in, funny enough i filled July 2018 for my kids. i haven't been able to think straight, i'm the same person the bank addressed the letter to German Embassy instead of British embassy. 2 years visa money no be beans ooooo....been thinking .....do i need to send any mail ?

I dont have experience and you should probably ignore my advice but i feel the mistakes can easily be noticed and may have an impact...so sending a mail may help or calling them first to ask for direction. So sorry and please actively stop yourself from thinking too much. I made some mistakes in mine too, i worried a lot but i had to force myself to stop. All i can do now is just pray and trust in Jehovah. Maybe you should too after following practical wise advice giving to you here by experienced people.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by adelejane: 8:47pm On May 21, 2022
[img][/img][img][/img]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by adelejane: 8:50pm On May 21, 2022
I'm not sure how i ended up filling October 2018 instead of July 2018. That's the mistake i made, but on my children's form its July 2018 i filled . I don't know their email address or contact number. if it will help I'm willing to send a mail or make the call. this is an honest mistake .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 8:58pm On May 21, 2022
MarryWhiteasap:
Bro is it advisable to add a denial report from other countries to a new application? or just state that a denial was issued and move on? let them go and verify by their hands...since it wasn't a ban anyways... grin

If you declare you have a refusal on an application, you would be asked reasons for refusal, if you have one, state or paraphrase things as it is and if needed supply copy of refusal. I have been denied entry to a country in the past and when making visa applications I declare that and declare the reason, never had a case of a refusal due to declaring my airport entry denial. So absolutely no point to not put out information you have as it is. It is what it is. You either truthful with the visa application and get the visa, conceal some info and get banned, or get get away with things but panic throughout the visa processing times.

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mascot231(m): 8:14am On May 22, 2022
giselle237:
these countries are inconsequential as travel history to the UK. Whether you go to the above 3 or not, it does not change anything as travel hx but feel free to go. Also your marriage is legal, if or when you apply provide other proofs such as pictures, traditional wedding pictures, whatsapp chats, attestation from family members, joint bills together, properties/assets in both your names etc

Thanks for the response bro, well at the moment we don’t have history of the wedding . We are thinking of the court wedding of a thing to get the marriage certificate. We only have previous photos of me and her on several hangouts

1. I hope the date does not matters ( recent marriage certificate)

2. I’m 35 and she is 42 I hope the age gap is not a problem .

3. The assets we have carries he name ( as she is divorced and the house carries the old name but now she carries my name on her passport and bank )

4. We are planning to fly by December ( me , my wife and the son )

5. Our bank does not really functions well based on we do only cash transactions
How much do we need to be in our accounts to build our bank profiles or can I as the husband only do that as the sponsor or we both need to do that and what limit
6. Do we need a normal saving account or a salary account is most preferable.

7. How many months do we need to build the account for and what limit per month and for what duration

Please I will need a good response from someone who knows more and all advice is welcomed please .
UK/ Europe plug �
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 9:20am On May 22, 2022
@mascot231 how do you earn a living? What’s your take home monthly and for how long have you earned a living this way?
Your child is biological to both of you or to one of you?
Does your child have a birth certificate? What parents names are on it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cent7: 9:20am On May 22, 2022
good morning from my time zone...... Please update me on this..... do they sell visa at the Abuja embassy.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 9:22am On May 22, 2022
Cent7:
good morning from my time zone......
Please update me on this.....
do they sell visa at the Abuja embassy.
asin sell in exchange for money? no they do not. Wahaleuxx grin

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cent7: 9:38am On May 22, 2022
okay thanks so you mean nothing like selling of visa at the embassy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mascot231(m): 9:56am On May 22, 2022
giselle237:
@mascot231 how do you earn a living? What’s your take home monthly and for how long have you earned a living this way?
Your child is biological to both of you or to one of you?
Does your child have a birth certificate? What parents names are on it?

We are into logistics and my take home monthly is about 400k and I pay my wife 100k for upkeep though this all has to do with cash we use more of cash than the bank . Bank has less credit score
Can we start to build this with a new account and hope the BVN will not end up showing the accumulative of the amount I have deposited in my other bank before applying

The child is for one and has a birth certificate on my name
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Owoado(m): 10:01am On May 22, 2022
Cent7:
okay thanks
so you mean nothing like selling of visa at the embassy
What do you mean by "selling visa"

Giselle237 has responded to you that visa is not sold at the embassy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 10:16am On May 22, 2022
mascot231:

We are into logistics and my take home monthly is about 400k and I pay my wife 100k for upkeep though this all has to do with cash my account does not really run on deposit .
The child is for one and has a birth certificate on my name
the cash deposits will not work.
If you want to be acknowledged for this business, safest is to get the business registered. Get company active on cac website and then have invoices/receipts for the business and transactions, it should be mainly transfers going into the business account.
For now you are not ready, kindly keep UK one side as your current circumstance is the recipe for refusal.
Just start from now to arrange your affairs

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 10:18am On May 22, 2022
Cent7:
okay thanks
so you mean nothing like selling of visa at the embassy
the english is simple . I said nothing of the sort. If you like follow fraudsters and scammers cus I do not know what english to use again
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mascot231(m): 10:19am On May 22, 2022
AmeliaT:
They do NOT sell visas. You can apply in Abuja and if your application is deemed acceptable, the visa will be granted. You will make a payment for this when you are applying; whether or not it is accepted or rejected. But it is not a a sale whereby you exchange money for a visa. No way!

Maybe he is talking about visa fee and not visa itself
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mascot231(m): 10:22am On May 22, 2022
giselle237:
the cash deposits will not work.
If you want to be acknowledged for this business, safest is to get the business registered. Get company active on cac website and then have invoices/receipts for the business and transactions, it should be mainly transfers going into the business account.
For now you are not ready, kindly keep UK one side as your current circumstance is the recipe for refusal.

I get you right sir . Thanks a lot

I have an uncle who owns a private primary and secondary school which is government approved .

I also have a friend she also works on Logostics at ikeja airport . Can I open a salary account to be a staff of either of these places and have deposits made by them through check or transfer from the company name ?

If yes what is the minimum to deposit per month and for how many months before we apply

And hope a new marriage certificate court wedding does not matters . I mean recent because we are applying with a 12 years old son .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Owoado(m): 10:41am On May 22, 2022
mascot231:

Maybe he is talking about visa fee and not visa itself
Visa fee doesn't mean selling of visa and he's been told visa is not sold.

Just like international passport is not sold though one pays a fee for it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Newbiein2016: 10:48am On May 22, 2022
Good day everyone,

I just stumbled on this refusal from part 4 which I don't think anyone opined on & would like your guidance to enable me better prepare the cover letter.

My circumstances are pretty similar i.e. good earnings.

Part 4 refusal link: https://www.nairaland.com/mamacaptain/posts[b][/b]

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cent7: 10:51am On May 22, 2022
thanks all i do appreciate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cent7: 10:52am On May 22, 2022
thanks i appreciate i heard what you said
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Olorilola17: 12:55pm On May 22, 2022
Hello everyone, have been following this thread for a while now, please I need guidance. I want to apply for UK visa, I'm self-employed, I have an online store running since 2018 but I use my personal account for all transactions. Please how do I go about it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 22, 2022
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin MY HEARTBEAT PANIC FOR THE QUEEN...

leef2022:

If you declare you have a refusal on an application, you would be asked reasons for refusal, if you have one, state or paraphrase things as it is and if needed supply copy of refusal. I have been denied entry to a country in the past and when making visa applications I declare that and declare the reason, never had a case of a refusal due to declaring my airport entry denial. So absolutely no point to not put out information you have as it is. It is what it is. You either truthful with the visa application and get the visa, conceal some info and get banned, or get get away with things but panic throughout the visa processing times.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AdesinaOBD(m): 3:39pm On May 22, 2022
Cent7:
thanks all i do appreciate

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (626) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.