Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,950 members, 7,814,219 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (827823 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (613) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Tomamajojo(f): 8:30am On May 20, 2022
Good morning, kudos to everyone sharing useful information on this thread. So educative and helpful, God bless you all.

Please can someone help me on I can apply for UK Visa for myself and daughter. A family friend sent us an invitation letter.

What else do I need to do after the invitation letter ..

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mascot231(m): 8:55am On May 20, 2022
justwise:
This is Part5 of the UK visiting/tourist visa thread

Part 4 is here https://www.nairaland.com/5233246/general-uk-visa-enquiries-part

Visit this link for application and other info https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/apply

Good luck

Hello can anyone advice me on what to do about getting a UK �� or Schlegel visa ?

If any please update me ASAP
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mascot231(m): 8:57am On May 20, 2022
Tomamajojo:
Good morning, kudos to everyone sharing useful information on this thread. So educative and helpful, God bless you all.

Please can someone help me on I can apply for UK Visa for myself and daughter. A family friend sent us an invitation letter.

What else do I need to do after the invitation letter ..

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks..

I mean schengen /UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 9:23am On May 20, 2022
spiceeamiee:
Congratulations on your visa. What is this style of writing cover letter? Can you please post it here? I’m about to apply so would appreciate anything that can help. Thank you

It's been quoted and posted by someone already. Just type Sokotogudali in the search box
You should see the last person that quoted it whose name is solid3. It's the 2nd post below this one
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by wroskian(m): 10:14am On May 20, 2022
I have a question. Does a part-time role where you work as an unpaid volunteer count as being employed in the UK visa application context? Secondly, will a letter from the organization where you work part-time suffice as evidence of a tie? This is assuming it counts as being employed. @cashmadam

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by adelejane: 12:50pm On May 20, 2022
We just got back from the VFS center, and i just saw a mighty mistake made by my bank on the letter they wrote to the embassy. i clearly stated i was applying to the British Embassy, only to check the letter now and it was addressed to German embassy, i guess they edit the letter per customers request and forgot to change it from German to British. I'm very worried and confused now. What can i do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 1:12pm On May 20, 2022
adelejane:
We just got back from the VFS center, and i just saw a mighty mistake made by my bank on the letter they wrote to the embassy. i clearly stated i was applying to the British Embassy, only to check the letter now and it was addressed to German embassy, i guess they edit the letter per customers request and forgot to change it from German to British. I'm very worried and confused now. What can i do?
bank letter is not a mandatory requirement. I dnt think there’s anything to be worried about

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 1:28pm On May 20, 2022
wroskian:
I have a question. Does a part-time role where you work as an unpaid volunteer count as being employed in the UK visa application context? Secondly, will a letter from the organization where you work part-time suffice as evidence of a tie? This is assuming it counts as being employed. @cashmadam @justwise

It is helpful. Please ask for the letter.

Most importantly, ensure your account statement is clean and you have sufficient funds for the trip and some savings left after your take out the expenses for the trip. Fill your form carefully and pray. I know unemployed people who got visas. Good luck!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 1:29pm On May 20, 2022
adelejane:

Don't worry. The ECO is more interested in the contents of your account statement.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Bosslady25: 1:35pm On May 20, 2022
Hello everyone, please is it advisable to send a third enquiry about visa application status?
The first paid email was 9th May, second was sent 15th May. The response to both mails was “awaiting decision “.
Biometrics was 5th April.
Will UKVI still issue a visa if the event that one is going for takes place before the passport is released.
Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by wroskian(m): 1:37pm On May 20, 2022
Cashmadam:

It is helpful. Please ask for the letter.

Most importantly, ensure your account statement is clean and you have sufficient funds for the trip and some savings left after your take out the expenses for the trip. Fill your form carefully and pray. I know unemployed people who got visas. Good luck!

I appreciate your response. Many thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 2:55pm On May 20, 2022
Bosslady25:
Hello everyone, please is it advisable to send a third enquiry about visa application status?
The first paid email was 9th May, second was sent 15th May. The response to both mails was “awaiting decision “.
Biometrics was 5th April.
Will UKVI still issue a visa if the event that one is going for takes place before the passport is released.
you dont need to send new paid mails.. i mean you dnt need to pay more than 1ce for a paid mail of enquiry. simply reply to the last one and the message will go through
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Bosslady25: 3:32pm On May 20, 2022
Thank you. I hope it won’t make one look desperate if I reply the mail today? The event that I’m going for is 28th May, next week Saturday.

giselle237:
you dont need to send new paid mails.. i mean you dnt need to pay more than 1ce for a paid mail of enquiry. simply reply to the last one and the message will go through
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 4:08pm On May 20, 2022
Bosslady25:
Thank you. I hope it won’t make one look desperate if I reply the mail today? The event that I’m going for is 28th May, next week Saturday.
the people replying to the emails will only give you standard answers- awaiting decision, application decided etc nothing homeoffice-ish so there’s no desperation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Bosslady25: 4:17pm On May 20, 2022
Noted. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ZariatoCanada: 4:33pm On May 20, 2022
VISA ALERT!!!!!!!

Biometrics- April 28th 2022
Collection mail- May 20 2022
I picked up- May 20 2022

Skilled Worker visa
TLS Abuja

7 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by meccisoft(f): 4:45pm On May 20, 2022
Congratulations. I want to ask when are you start work on your COS
ZariatoCanada:
VISA ALERT!!!!!!!

I picked up- May 20 2022

Skilled Worker visa
TLS Abuja
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by KaceeDcontrol(m): 4:52pm On May 20, 2022
ZariatoCanada:
VISA ALERT!!!!!!!

I picked up- May 20 2022

Skilled Worker visa
TLS Abuja
Nice. Still happening in 3 weeks in some cases.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by jum33: 4:57pm On May 20, 2022
Kudos to everyone here than has being doing justice to all question and concerns.
I want to ask :if a family want to do walk- in in TLS ikeja ,how is it done : one member payment covers all or individual payment for each member or there is special package for family
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by jum33: 4:57pm On May 20, 2022
meccisoft:
Congratulations. I want to ask when are you start work on your COS
Congratulations
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by lizzyflex: 6:01pm On May 20, 2022
VISA ALERT !!!
Student dependent with kids
Biometrics: April 1st
Nsf mail without requesting nothing:May 9th
Collection Mail:May 19th
Passport Received:May 20th
Ikeja tls

5 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by KaceeDcontrol(m): 6:34pm On May 20, 2022
lizzyflex:
VISA ALERT !!!
Ikeja tls
What is nsf mail please?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by meccisoft(f): 6:39pm On May 20, 2022
lizzyflex congrats:
VISA ALERT !!!
Ikeja tls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Openedheavens: 6:39pm On May 20, 2022
Good evening house.
my wife got a skilled worker visa. COS sent on 15th of May. We booked for flexi on the 17 and got a date for 24th of this month.

Her resumption date was stated to be May 30 on the COS letter. Is it possible to get a response before May 30? Will the visa not stand a chance of denial if the officers start reviewing on a later date and discover resumption date has passed or too close.

How can one go about this issue if it's a problem?
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 6:51pm On May 20, 2022
Bro is it advisable to add a denial report from other countries to a new application? or just state that a denial was issued and move on? let them go and verify by their hands...since it wasn't a ban anyways... grin
leef2022:

Declare the refusals and state reasons for refusal was never communicated as applicable. You can only present what you have.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 6:55pm On May 20, 2022
Openedheavens:
Good evening house.
my wife got a skilled worker visa. COS sent on 15th of May. We booked for flexi on the 17 and got a date for 24th of this month.
Her resumption date was stated to be May 30 on the COS letter. Is it possible to get a response before May 30? Will the visa not stand a chance of denial if the officers start reviewing on a later date and discover resumption date has passed or too close.

How can one go about this issue if it's a problem?
Thanks in anticipation.
no it does not matter. Homeoffice has to do their job. COS is valid for 3 months. Your wife only needs to keep updating the employer uptil when visa is issued.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 6:58pm On May 20, 2022
jum33:
Kudos to everyone here than has being doing justice to all question and concerns.
I want to ask :if a family want to do walk- in in TLS ikeja ,how is it done : one member payment covers all or individual payment for each member or there is special package for family
are you sure ther’s walk in happening?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ririmichael: 7:00pm On May 20, 2022
Good evening house.
I’m about to apply for standard visitor’s UK visa. This will be my first time. My job pays me very little but it’s my sibling in the UK that’s sponsoring my trip.
Please I have some questions.
Do you think I stand a chance of getting the visa because of my little income?
I have a husband and 2kids but I will be traveling alone. Is this enough to prove my ties to home?
How do I write my purpose of visit that will convince the VO?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Openedheavens: 7:01pm On May 20, 2022
giselle237:
no it does not matter. Homeoffice has to do their job. COS is valid for 3 months. Your wife only needs to keep updating the employer uptil when visa is issued.
Thanks boss
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Bosslady25: 7:12pm On May 20, 2022
Hello everyone, I just got my refusal email.
Please, I want to reapply immediately and address all the issues raised by the ECO. The ECO wasn’t fair.I didn’t submit any introduction letter from the institute. Just the admission letter,ID card and I stated in my cover letter that the program was ending April,2022. We wrote our final exams April. All these are verifiable.
My brother wrote a letter that he was fully funding the trip. Supported by my mum too. With valid documents to support these.
My bank statements has a lot of income and expenditures because my husband and family members send regular money to it. I even highlighted it and mentioned it in the cover letter.
I run my daily expenses from these account too.

I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraph(s) V4.2 of Appendix V: Immigration Rules for Visitors because:
 You have applied to travel to the UK for a period of 13 days to attend your brother’s wedding.
 You state that your brother will support you financially for the duration of your visit and I have considered the information you have provided to demonstrate this. However, I must consider your personal circumstances as portrayed in your application form and the supporting information.
 You state that you are a student in Nigeria and do not have any income or savings. You state that you spend NGN - 80000.00 – (£-155 Oanda .com, 19/05/2022) every month.
 In support of your application you have submitted, your I.D.document, a letter from your college dated 19/05/2021 and a personal bank statement from your which I have considered.
 From the information provided I have been unable to establish your current and financial circumstances in Nigeria. I also note that you have submitted a letter from the national Teachers Institute of Kaduna along with your application. However I note that this letter is dated 19/05/2021. I am therefore not satisfied the information you have provided demonstrates you are engaged in ongoing studies or that you are a continuing student.
 I have also acknowledged the personal bank statement submitted from GTCO along with your application. I note that it does not reflect your monthly expenditures as

declared on your application form. It shows that you spend much more then what is stated. I am therefore not satisfied that you have given a reliable representation of your current personal and economic circumstances which undermines the credibility of your application.
In the light of above, I am not satisfied that your personal and financial circumstances are as stated by you. I am therefore not satisfied that you intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit and that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor. Your application is refused under paragraph V 4.2 (a) & (c).
NEXT STEPS NRA v 1.0
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 7:19pm On May 20, 2022
@bosslady
In a summary In the light of above, I am not satisfied that your personal and financial circumstances are as stated by you. I am therefore not satisfied that you intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit and that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor.
Denial reasons
1. Outdated letter from institute
2. Student who declared no income, no savings yet multiple credits and great expenditure than declared
3. If your program is ending April 2022, and we just passed April 2022, how does that institution serve as a tie seeing that you have finished with them?
You indicate you want to reapply… how do you plan on addressing all the stated? The financial information is in a mess, the studentship tie received by eco is outdated, if you reapply it will truly show the program has ended and u basically do not have a job or school to come back to…
Plus this is a fully funded trip.. for a wedding… what convinces the eco that after the wedding you will come back or that you wont stay back and rely on public funds or stay back to seek asylum?

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 7:28pm On May 20, 2022
Ririmichael:
Good evening house.
I’m about to apply for standard visitor’s UK visa. This will be my first time. My job pays me very little but it’s my sibling in the UK that’s sponsoring my trip.
Please I have some questions.
Do you think I stand a chance of getting the visa because of my little income?
I have a husband and 2kids but I will be traveling alone. Is this enough to prove my ties to home?
How do I write my purpose of visit that will convince the VO?
your finances/economic tie will be one of the points to judge the application.

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (613) (Reply)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.