Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,228 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? (17132 Views)

Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? / Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? / Canada Desperate To Stop Nigerians From Coming To The Country-SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by NotBeenPaid: 12:55am On Feb 06, 2022
Basher8583:

You no get money you dey maintain girlfriend. Its like you no get clear focus.
- Where did you see the money to obtain passport?
- Where you get money to buy smartphone and data?

From you post you appear to be very lazy. Nepotism is only a way of giving a convinent excuse.

Have you invested in any relevant IT certification or you prefer people decieving you by calling you "engineer".
Berra drop that your girlfriend and spend more money on upgrading your professional standing.

That was how I started my career. With ₦360k per year paying job to ₦3.9m. Currently I have moved up in the ladder of success and now earn a comfortable ₦22m per year. This was done in a span of 12yrs of focused and hard work. All done in Naija and I no no anyone. No nepotism.

The grass is only greener where you water it.

Be prepared to take advantage of every opportunity you see.

From you post you sound like you are lazy as fvck in Naija and you want to go abroad to do the work that are more demanding than what you experienced in Naija.
The money you make there will still be collected back by the same government there through housing and utilities. You think they like you?
Berra get proper advice before you enter one chance

This is my advice to you

https://www.nairaland.com/6969997/re-why-nigerians-desperate-leave#109954724

Learn to read and understand. Don't be too hasty to draw to conclusion Mr I-Too-Know.

1 Like

Re: Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by bepositive11: 1:05am On Feb 06, 2022
richPHAROAH:
I didnt even want to add the tax. If I was abroad, the tax I will have paid alone will have crippled my finance

I thought they usually make enough to pay taxes and still live a comfortable life

1 Like

Re: Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by dasparrow: 5:17am On Feb 06, 2022
bepositive11:

I thought they usually make enough to pay taxes and still live a comfortable life

In America, many people are not making enough to live comfortably. If Americans didn't have access to credit cards, I really don't know how many will survive honestly.
Re: Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by dasparrow: 5:17am On Feb 06, 2022
Great thread OP!
Re: Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by richPHAROAH: 7:29am On Feb 06, 2022
bepositive11:

I don't think you get my point here. What I meant is, the same amount I make in Nigeria is the same amount I will make if I was anywhere in the word. Let's say I make 10dollars monthly in Nigeria, I will make same 10 dollars anywhere I am. The difference is that in Nigeria I don't have to pay tax. I am talking for myself , not for everyone. Different people will have different experiences

1 Like

Re: Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by JapaProfessor: 3:38pm On Feb 06, 2022
Do whatever works for you, though a good number of Nigerians will japa if given the opportunity.
Re: Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by Basher8583: 6:42pm On Feb 06, 2022
NotBeenPaid:

https://www.nairaland.com/6969997/re-why-nigerians-desperate-leave#109954724

Learn to read and understand. Don't be too hasty to draw to conclusion Mr I-Too-Know.

This is exactly why you are having difficulties with improvement. You can't event take any criticism and use it positively for your own good.

Shame
Re: Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by bepositive11: 5:15am On Feb 07, 2022
richPHAROAH:
I don't think you get my point here. What I meant is, the same amount I make in Nigeria is the same amount I will make if I was anywhere in the word. Let's say I make 10dollars monthly in Nigeria, I will make same 10 dollars anywhere I am. The difference is that in Nigeria I don't have to pay tax. I am talking for myself , not for everyone. Different people will have different experiences

Ok, I get what you're saying
Re: Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by bepositive11: 5:16am On Feb 07, 2022
dasparrow:

In America, many people are not making enough to live comfortably. If Americans didn't have access to credit cards, I really don't know how many will survive honestly.

Wow.. That's shocking! Yet, a lot of Nigerians are eager to move to America
Re: Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by bepositive11: 5:19am On Feb 07, 2022
richPHAROAH:

On another note, if you don't mind sharing, what do you do? How are you able to earn the same in Nigeria? I'm assuming you're doing a job online and getting clients from abroad?
Re: Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by Adebolamena(f): 11:03am On Feb 08, 2022
Apete Ibadan
Carlyboi:

What’s your location?
Re: Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 11:02pm On Feb 08, 2022
bepositive11:

Yes, we do. It’s not hard to live a comfortable life And millions of Americans survive without credit cards.
Re: Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by bepositive11: 5:05am On Feb 09, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Yes, we do. It’s not hard to live a comfortable life And millions of Americans survive without credit cards.

Thanks for letting me know

But, what about healthcare? It seems to be a major concern in the US. Some even decide to migrate to Europe because of it
Re: Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Feb 09, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Not true. Millions depend on CC to survive.
The Federal Reserves states nearly 200 million have credit cards. Of that number about one third are in CC debt. Millions are struggling financially and inflation is at an all time peak.
Re: Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 11:24am On Feb 10, 2022
bepositive11:

Thanks for letting me know

But, what about healthcare? It seems to be a major concern in the US. Some even decide to migrate to Europe because of it

Migrating to Europe? And how/under which grounds exactly are they gaining European citizenship (which takes time), a requirement for healthcare qualification? This puzzles me, especially when some European citizens, those covered by NHS for example, complain of extended time to see a physician.
Re: Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by bepositive11: 4:10pm On Feb 10, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Migrating to Europe? And how/under which grounds exactly are they gaining European citizenship (which takes time), a requirement for healthcare qualification? This puzzles me, especially when some European citizens, those covered by NHS for example, complain of extended time to see a physician.

I wonder. But what's your experience with healthcare in America? Do people really go bankrupt for staying at hospitals?
Re: Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 4:39pm On Feb 10, 2022
bepositive11:

I wonder. But what's your experience with healthcare in America? Do people really go bankrupt for staying at hospitals?

No they don’t. Most of the uninsured get retroactive Medicaid which covers the bills.
I have no complaints about the healthcare here. I have private insurance and it costs me less than $20 to see any doctor I need and my hospital stays, even for surgery, cost less than $250 after insurance.
Re: Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by bepositive11: 4:44pm On Feb 10, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

No they do not. Most of the uninsured get retroactive Medicaid which covers the bills.
I have no complaints about the healthcare here. I have private insurance and it costs me less than $20 to see any doctor I need and my hospital stays, even for surgery, cost less than $250 after insurance.

Wow. I guess it's not bad at all. Thanks for the info
Re: Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by NawtyC001(m): 12:21am On Feb 11, 2022
NotBeenPaid:

I'm doing well now. Those were some of my life experiences.cool

bro,how you carry survive am,e no easy for me oo,i go use my next month salary do my own passport.

how far,give me link .............
Re: Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? by sirp9898(m): 9:20pm On Feb 11, 2022
[quote author=engrchykae post=109980366] Nigeria is a gathering of useless self destruct blacks.
Gej had what it takes to move Nigeria forward but foolish hausas and yorubas are more interested in hating igbos.

The light of igbos are not only the light of Africa
Others are the light of Africa's too
That is why Africa's are not growing at all because any little success they make you see them belittling down their brothers and sisters
They make their people don't grow to their level at the same time the weak they belittle down will make sure they do everythings even if it involve witchcraft for that their brother to fall
GOD HATE A PROUD HATE
Be warm!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Air Peace, Emirates, Turkish Airlines To Launch Flights From Port Harcourt / How God Saved My Life On Saturday / Justwise, Pls Help For Error In My Waec Result For Uk Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.