Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,279 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details (16378 Views)

Badaru: Northern Govs’ Position On Power Shift To South Subject To Buhari’s Nod / 2019 Oyo Guber Race: Minister Of Communication Gets Buhari’s Nod To Contest / IGP Idris Gets Buhari’s Nod To Arrest Saraki Over Murders In Kwara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by Mynd44: 8:11am On Feb 04, 2022
ayindejimmy:
I don't think so.

Sensitive information like address, health history, age , browsing history, etc can only be access with a court warrant to the best of my knowledge.

What we need further clarification on is whether private companies can also share our data with this ( corrupt ) government without a warrant.
We have to know the type of data they're allow to collect without search warrant.
This is not wiretapping. This is your information. Age, address, bank accounts properties, school etc

1 Like

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by Theunbothered: 8:11am On Feb 04, 2022
Mynd44:

It isn't out of the ordinary. It is what obtains in your so-called enter climes

They can not access your details without a court order, knowing how Nigerian security agents work they will definitely abuse this.

This is why abroad is called a saner clime, pretending Nigeria is better because the party you support is ruling doesn't change anything.

1 Like

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by Bigchristo: 8:14am On Feb 04, 2022
ogododo:

https://punchng.com/nin-sim-linkage-security-agencies-get-buharis-nod-to-access-subscribers-details/
This is why I have always been skeptical in linking my NIN with any phone number, giving access to corrupt security agencies to access our data base, it won’t go well because I don’t trust both the government and any damn security agencies in this country… they want to do like advance country but don’t have capable hands to do that
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by Enemyofpeace: 8:14am On Feb 04, 2022
Mynd44:
Let me guess

NSA, NIA, SSS, Immigration and EFCC
you don dey follow us drag FTC Abi?

unban me
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by snoopz: 8:17am On Feb 04, 2022
I just hope this guys get oversight because they're about to harvest our details and do whatever they want it
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by Osilama1: 8:18am On Feb 04, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Imagine some security agency to access our data base just like that

Access kill una there

Although this is how it is done in developed nations

But as for as Nigeria is concerned.....we nor trust our security agencies
ina must castigate anything wey govt wan do to fight crimes... Lots of Cyber crimes are committed cos pple are exploiting no proper data base...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by Raychee(f): 8:24am On Feb 04, 2022
Fraudsters and evil people will have a problem with this. But on the other hand, these people cannot be trusted.
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by wittydee: 8:24am On Feb 04, 2022
MufasaLion:

Exactly!

You have time to even qoute that dude. People like him still believe the developed nations use magic and voodoo in catching criminals. Their dumb mentality can't, but be noticed.

In Nigeria, 90% of people that will be profiled will be the law abiding citizens, while the criminals will be left to roam and carry out their devilish acts freely.
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by murmee: 8:25am On Feb 04, 2022
omonla10:
1. If all Nigerians get captured on the nin database. It will greatly reduce fraud, kidnapping and other crimes.

2. The biggest selling point of Europe and America is their ability to give long term loans with shikini interest. Especially for mortgage.. They do this because their database is top notch.

3. The Western world thrive on tax and minimal revenue leakages.. Sim-nin-bvn linkages will greatly improve this.

Slowly but surely, we will get there, I pray

It's a win-win situation
As for No.1 in your post, you are forgetting that most of the criminal activities in Nigeria, especially Bokoharam, kidnapping and banditry are carried out by non-Nigerians from neighboring countries who are not on NIN database. So what are we talking about?
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by IgOga(m): 8:26am On Feb 04, 2022
Arizonaz:
It's for those who are into crimes that needs to be afraid. For me I believe it legit. That's why I walk freely.

Ignoramus! Why should some police other government agencies have access to the pictures on your phone, your private conversations, your attitude, your lifestyle....laslas dem go sell your information give metaverse
This is how illetrates talk when concerns are raised about privacy

1 Like

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by MufasaLion: 8:28am On Feb 04, 2022
wittydee:

In Nigeria, 90% of people that will be profiled will be the law abiding citizens, while the criminals will be left to roam and carry out their devilish acts freely.

Exactly. They all scream for good things but always chicken out when it's time to pay the price because they wanna eat their cake and have it.
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by mediainc: 8:33am On Feb 04, 2022
Dimitarr:

Baba saying that only criminals are afraid is just shallow minded, in the 'saner climes' every body is saying there are data protection laws and also policies in place to ensure your information is as secure as possible and can only be used by those who need it with heavy fines and penalties for organizations and ministries who go against those policies. Nigerian's problem is not them collecting the information it is the 'WHO' in this case. Panatami as been an individual of questionable character and association as well as utterances. Is professionship has been called into question , is alliance to Nigeria as also been questioned since it seems he has ties to islamic fundamentalist groups and a soft spot for their teachings. The government is also one which cannot be trusted and has proven over the years that they can call white colour black and still maintain that lie even when majority of the citizens see other wise.

The same ministry headed by pantami has already had their servers hacked and information of several Nigerians leaked to the world and we did not know until the hacker revealed it to the world. If hackers can do that imagine what the terrorist organizations he seems to sympathize with will do with it. The government did not deem it fit to tell us that their servers were hacked which in the so called saner climes you people like quoting would have already pantami's head on a stick.

Lastly this is a country when despite the screams and shout of the iGP that police have no right to check your phone they still do it and with fear of nothing happen to them. At night it is worse, they can easily arrest and charge just for seeing foreign number on your phone. What i am trying to say is the behavior of the police is a symptom of our security agencies as a whole, agencies who don't follow the rule of law, who dont understand what privacy is and can bulge into your hotel room at night because you 'smell' like yahoo. This agencies have not shown that they can be trusted to keep our information's private and only allow access to those who need it as well as proper record collecting of those who access the information and what they do with it. This is a country were half the police stations don't have any camera installed, meaning unmentionable activities go on in our police stations and no form of auditing to checkmate them.

Let the government start by digitizing the police stations have cameras installed everywhere and then Nigerians can begin to trust them
Did you go through the whole document to see they are no "data protection laws"

Last I checked in America, police have access to citizens data via social security number, they do not need permission from you, it's part of the security framework signed into law. You need to go check the law that signed the bill in for more education and clarity, you can not just rant here.

I repeat it's mostly criminals that are afraid...wannabe, still broke yahoo mofos.
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by mediainc: 8:36am On Feb 04, 2022
ayindejimmy:

Else where the police will need a court warrant to do so.

Our system is porous and corrupt. Our politicians here are pervasively corrupt. Allowing this with proper restrict is dangerous. They're already selling our data self
Big lie, Police in America have access to your identity, that is why in traffic stop, they ask for your license, and ID and run you up on their system. Maybe you need to watch CBS reality or documentaries about police in traffic stops in America. They have the data already, lol, it is a right given to the police department and security agencies by law, for national security.
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by faste: 8:36am On Feb 04, 2022
inoki247:
What happens to dem always approaching the court of law to get an order nd tender it to the Telecommunication agency any time dey feel suspicious activities...

So automatically like this the Security Agency can jus wake up nd start looking into people conversation cos the President don give dem nod...
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by mediainc: 8:40am On Feb 04, 2022
Telekinetic:

And he’s talking about IQ… SMH!
Oga you are dumb, na coconut water dey una head. Stupid people.
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by Golan007: 8:40am On Feb 04, 2022
goodvision12:
I just hope our statıstıcs and database wıll not be exposed to terrorıst.

Now theu know your address and what websites you visit.

Chai.
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by mediainc: 8:41am On Feb 04, 2022
ayindejimmy:

Else where the police will need a court warrant to do so.

Our system is porous and corrupt. Our politicians here are pervasively corrupt. Allowing this with proper restrict is dangerous. They're already selling our data self
Sell your data grin

Be serious.
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by Nobody: 8:42am On Feb 04, 2022
Because Fulani kidnappers have NIN, let alone linking their NIN to their SIM cards. Anuofia bastard abokki.
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by Telekinetic: 8:42am On Feb 04, 2022
mediainc:

Oga you are dumb, na coconut water dey una head. Stupid people.
Devoid of any intellectuality they resort to tantrums… SMH!!
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by cardoctor(m): 8:43am On Feb 04, 2022
God help us
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by mediainc: 8:43am On Feb 04, 2022
Ykc2:
in western country where am living you only register with your name finish,in nigeria we do finger print to open bank account,finger print for passport,finger print to buy mobile line angry national identity card finger print
Keep living there, you registered your name and they captured your image. Finger prints and image is almost same. Nigeria is going through a lot of security challenge, I think it is okay for the authorities to do what they can to curb crime and terrorists...I don't see why innocent, legit people are worried about this.
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by Arizonaz: 8:43am On Feb 04, 2022
IgOga:

Ignoramus! Why should some police other government agencies have access to the pictures on your phone, your private conversations, your attitude, your lifestyle....laslas dem go sell your information give metaverse
[s]This is how illetrates talk when concerns are raised about privacy[/s]
Like as if your privacy hasn't been sold since a longtime ago. For every system that is created there is always a hack to it. Stop blabbing and solve your own world problem.
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by mediainc: 8:43am On Feb 04, 2022
Telekinetic:

Devoid of any intellectuality they resort to tantrums… SMH!!
I hate old educated idiots.
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by LIONSABRE(m): 8:43am On Feb 04, 2022
The Constitution allows this?
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by Mynd44: 8:45am On Feb 04, 2022
Theunbothered:

They can not access your details without a court order, knowing how Nigerian security agents work they will definitely abuse this.

This is why abroad is called a saner clime, pretending Nigeria is better because the party you support is ruling doesn't change anything.
No security agency in any country needs a court order to link your phone number to your age, address, school vehicle particulars etc.

1 Like

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by ayindejimmy(m): 8:54am On Feb 04, 2022
mediainc:

Big lie, Police in America have access to your identity, that is why in traffic stop, they ask for your license, and ID and run you up on their system. Maybe you need to watch CBS reality or documentaries about police in traffic stops in America. They have the data already, lol, it is a right given to the police department and security agencies by law, for national security.

I watch CBS Reality, Crime and Investigation, Investigation Discovery and Zone Reality. In fact, those are my favourites Channels. I even watch crime stories on Youtube.

Please, prove me wrong...

The Police only have records in of your past encounter with them
If you have a criminal record or traffic offence they'll record it in their data system.
If you've never committed any crime whatsoever, whether traffic or even domestic or have never even been a witness to any crime the police can't have your records except they access it from other agencies. And to access most of these takes a court warrant.
We are talking of police collecting data from other agencies public or private here.
Here
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by 24brains(m): 8:56am On Feb 04, 2022
pantami disclosed this to journalist at a security event LEAP 22, holding at Riyadh Saudi Arabia. he said "some security institutions are allowed to gain access to our data base without coming to us"
the truth is "Nigerians can now be monitored by terrorists in saudi arabia" specifically, christians and actuallise their caliphate agender!!
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by Digmygold: 8:57am On Feb 04, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Imagine some security agency to access our data base just like that

Access kill una there

Although this is how it is done in developed nations

But as for as Nigeria is concerned.....we nor trust our security agencies

They may start leaking and selling vital information of the affluent to crooks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by ayindejimmy(m): 8:59am On Feb 04, 2022
Mynd44:

No security agency in any country needs a court order to link your phone number to your age, address, school vehicle particulars etc.

They don't if they already have it.

But when seeking it from other organisations like private or public they need a warrant or a judge's approval
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by ayindejimmy(m): 9:03am On Feb 04, 2022
mediainc:

Sell your data grin

Be serious.

You don't know jack.

How do you think you get some messages you didn't subscribe to?

How was Oyinlola's lawyer's conversation with a judge on phone gotten by Aregbe's lawyer?

Do you know how much Mtn paid to Oyinlola in compensation of the leakage from their end?

What now moves the world is data selling and sharing
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by pacifust058(m): 9:05am On Feb 04, 2022
Ykc2:
in western country where am living you only register with your name finish,in nigeria we do finger print to open bank account,finger print for passport,finger print to buy mobile line angry national identity card finger print
Abeg which western country you dey, even the US needs ssn to open a bank account..
Same as the UK though I don’t know what they call theirs..
Which western country you dey bros?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Plans To Make Hate Speech Treasonable Is A Plot To Silence Opposition - Fayose / Osinbajo Presides Over FEC Meeting (Photos) / Remain With APC, Jailed Joshua Dariye Tells Supporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.