Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details (16368 Views)

Badaru: Northern Govs’ Position On Power Shift To South Subject To Buhari’s Nod / 2019 Oyo Guber Race: Minister Of Communication Gets Buhari’s Nod To Contest / IGP Idris Gets Buhari’s Nod To Arrest Saraki Over Murders In Kwara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by Arizonaz: 3:30pm On Feb 04, 2022
AFONJAPIG:
for ur tiny brain nah only walking roaming around aimlessly you sabi , have u asked urself why people's money in the bank start missing mysteriously this days unlike before they don't have access to our database

Then you start saving money in the old method.
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by fkj950ax(m): 3:58pm On Feb 04, 2022
SarkinYarki:
Shouldn't the national Assembly be involved in such decision that mass breaches the privacy of NIGERIANs ?

My exact thoughts.
How can Buhari take such a decision?
The AGF needs to challenge that sole decision in court and have the NASS ratify it as a law if it is in the best interest of Nigeria.
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by dre30: 5:07pm On Feb 04, 2022
I that why they have down time since Wednesday? Jamb, Immigration, can not register.
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by Nobody: 6:06pm On Feb 04, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Imagine some security agency to access our data base just like that

Access kill una there

Although this is how it is done in developed nations

But as for as Nigeria is concerned.....we nor trust our security agencies
No bro! In developed nations, you get such sensitive approvals from the court.
Nigeria is a 4th 3rd world country, where those in power witch-hunts others
that they do not like
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by Nobody: 6:09pm On Feb 04, 2022
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by Theunbothered: 7:30pm On Feb 04, 2022
Mynd44:

Where did I was so? Please point it out?

Mynd44:

No security agency in any country needs a court order to link your phone number to your age, address, school vehicle particulars etc.

The article is about sharing your biodata not tracking your convos. Do you bother reading at all

Read it properly and don't mention me again abeg.

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by Mynd44: 12:04am On Feb 05, 2022
Theunbothered:

Read it properly and don't mention me again abeg.
What you posted is about tracing suspects. Did you see me mention that? Again, do you hae problems with comprehension.

I said biodata, names, address and such things not wire tapping or tracing or gps.
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by Theunbothered: 12:31am On Feb 05, 2022
Mynd44:
What you posted is about tracing suspects. Did you see me mention that? Again, do you hae problems with comprehension.

I said biodata, names, address and such things not wire tapping or tracing or gps.

What is the point of security agencies linking your sim with your NIN if not for tracing people, are you intentionally being dumb or what?

IMSI catchers aren't only used for intercepting calls, they can find your phone number and personal information used when registering the sim.

The use of IMSI catchers by police is not illegal but requires a court order.

Since the US does not have a unified national identity database all personal information collected by law enforcement that is not publicly available must be accessed through a court order because US citizens are protected from unreasonable searches by the fourth and fifth ammendment.

This basic concept is what you can not understand because your narrow mind thinks the whole world operates like Nigeria.
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by Mynd44: 6:16am On Feb 05, 2022
Theunbothered:

What is the point of security agencies linking your sim with your NIN if not for tracing people, are you intentionally being dumb or what?

IMSI catchers aren't only used for intercepting calls, they can find your phone number and personal information used when registering the sim.

The use of IMSI catchers by police is not illegal but requires a court order.

Since the US does not have a unified national identity database all personal information collected by law enforcement that is not publicly available must be accessed through a court order because US citizens are protected from unreasonable searches by the fourth and fifth ammendment.

This basic concept is what you can not understand because your narrow mind thinks the whole world operates like Nigeria.
I will ignore your insult with a warning.

A person a crime. They have just his name with no idea where to find him.

They run the name through NIN database and they find that he has filled an address , he attends a school in Ibadan and another house in Enugu which theu could go check if he is there. That is what they need database for.

Or 2 crimes are committed, there is a weapon, theu take prints off the weapon and access to diabetes can allow them link both together with one person because they have his/her details. All these can be done without a court order which is what the article is about.

read, read, read. Learn to understand before jumping into arguements
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by Theunbothered: 8:31am On Feb 05, 2022
Mynd44:
I will ignore your insult with a warning.

A person a crime. They have just his name with no idea where to find him.

They run the name through NIN database and they find that he has filled an address , he attends a school in Ibadan and another house in Enugu which theu could go check if he is there. That is what they need database for.

Or 2 crimes are committed, there is a weapon, theu take prints off the weapon and access to diabetes can allow them link both together with one person because they have his/her details. All these can be done without a court order which is what the article is about.

read, read, read. Learn to understand before jumping into arguements

Mister man stop mentioning me.

What you just explained is a criminal investigation and you need a search warrant before collecting evidence on private property.

Search warrants weren't made for show, they are done to monitor police activity and prevent abuse the same way a moderator log tracks activity on a website.

I have been more than patient and explained how different countries operate and why this statement in particular is wrong
Mynd44:

No security agency in any country needs a court order to link your phone number to your age, address, school vehicle particulars etc.

yet you want to stubbornly drag this issue.

Go and find something else to do with your time.
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by pacifust058(m): 10:18pm On Feb 05, 2022
Ykc2:
I dey austria in 5 munite you don open your bank account finish
so na Aussie's government/citizens come tell you say dem no get database
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by pacifust058(m): 10:20pm On Feb 05, 2022
Theunbothered:

Mister man stop mentioning me.

What you just explained is a criminal investigation and you need a search warrant before collecting evidence on private property.

Search warrants weren't made for show, they are done to monitor police activity and prevent abuse the same way a moderator log tracks activity on a website.

I have been more than patient and explained how different countries operate and why this statement in particular is wrong

yet you want to stubbornly drag this issue.

Go and find something else to do with your time.
unless its tapping into your convos, no security agencies needs court warrants to get your datas
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by Theunbothered: 10:57pm On Feb 05, 2022
pacifust058:
unless its tapping into your convos, no security agencies needs court warrants to get your datas

Did you actually read anything I wrote?

What is wrong with you people that you can't you can't understand information which is not in the public domain needs a court order to access?
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by Ykc2(m): 8:45am On Feb 06, 2022
pacifust058:
so na Aussie's government/citizens come tell you say dem no get database
so how many database nigeria wan get?passport fingerprint,bank account fingerprint,to get mobile number fingerprint,bvn, so what data base are you talking about
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by pacifust058(m): 1:52pm On Feb 06, 2022
Theunbothered:

Did you actually read anything I wrote?

What is wrong with you people that you can't you can't understand information which is not in the public domain needs a court order to access?
Leemao, you're the one confusing yourself Alaye....
The informations you reg with your nin are basic informations that every nation governement's have access to, the only area they need court's warrants when they need to access your privacies either by tapping your devices or by hacking your mails..
una go sha dey find ways to bastardize whatever innovations the government is trying to bring, yet y'all crying for better nations
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by pacifust058(m): 1:54pm On Feb 06, 2022
Ykc2:
so how many database nigeria wan get?passport fingerprint,bank account fingerprint,to get mobile number fingerprint,bvn, so what data base are you talking about
its obvious i cant help you cos you obviously knew the kinda information you dropped when registering your nin
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by Theunbothered: 6:24pm On Feb 06, 2022
pacifust058:
Leemao, you're the one confusing yourself Alaye....
The informations you reg with your nin are basic informations that every nation governement's have access to, the only area they need court's warrants when they need to access your privacies either by tapping your devices or by hacking your mails..
una go sha dey find ways to bastardize whatever innovations the government is trying to bring, yet y'all crying for better nations

NOT EVERY COUNTRY HAS A NATIONAL IDENTITY DATABASE CONTAINING THE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION OF EACH CITIZEN.

You are just being deliberately ignorant. I have already explained that not every country has default access to the personal information of all citizens and some information needs a court order to be accessed.

The demand to link the NIN to your sim has done absolutely nothing to fix the various security issues it claims to solve and other nations with actual leaders can provide security without these extreme measures.

Kindly gedifok out of my mentions.
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by pacifust058(m): 10:51am On Feb 08, 2022
Theunbothered:

NOT EVERY COUNTRY HAS A NATIONAL IDENTITY DATABASE CONTAINING THE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION OF EACH CITIZEN.

You are just being deliberately ignorant. I have already explained that not every country has default access to the personal information of all citizens and some information needs a court order to be accessed.

The demand to link the NIN to your sim has done absolutely nothing to fix the various security issues it claims to solve and other nations with actual leaders can provide security without these extreme measures.

Kindly gedifok out of my mentions.
Na you need to stfu...
Yes not every country has personal informations of citizens on their database but every sane country with a good credit system has all citizens personal informations in their database..
Dem never run something finish, you don dey find results, no be ratizens like you dey jeopardize the efforts?
Just mention any sane country that run a credit system and not debit system like Nigeria without their citizens datas in archives..
Instead make una learn, na blind arguments una go dey push
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by Theunbothered: 11:15am On Feb 08, 2022
pacifust058:

Na you need to stfu...
Yes not every country has personal informations of citizens on their database but every sane country with a good credit system has all citizens personal informations in their database..
Dem never run something finish, you don dey find results, no be ratizens like you dey jeopardize the efforts?
Just mention any sane country that run a credit system and not debit system like Nigeria without their citizens datas in archives..
Instead make una learn, na blind arguments una go dey push

You're talking utter nonsense.

Your first line contradicts the entire post.

Bank credit and government databases like NIN are not the same.

Credit information is between the customer and the bank which needs a court order to access.
https://money.usnews.com/credit-cards/articles/who-has-access-to-your-credit-report#:~:text=In%20some%20circumstances%2C%20a%20government,on%20a%20child%20support%20case.
Bleep off.
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by pacifust058(m): 12:26am On Feb 09, 2022
Theunbothered:

You're talking utter nonsense.

Your first line contradicts the entire post.

Bank credit and government databases like NIN are not the same.

Credit information is between the customer and the bank which needs a court order to access.
https://money.usnews.com/credit-cards/articles/who-has-access-to-your-credit-report#:~:text=In%20some%20circumstances%2C%20a%20government,on%20a%20child%20support%20case.
Bleep off.
Na ignorance dey worry you grin grin What's the meaning of credit system sef if i may ask you... Big Olodo
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by Theunbothered: 12:36am On Feb 09, 2022
pacifust058:
Na ignorance dey worry you grin grin What's the meaning of credit system sef if i may ask you... Big Olodo

A credit system is financial information based on your ability to repay debts.

Does the government have unrestricted access to your financial information?

Do they know every asset you own?

Do they have access to every transaction you made by default?

Na idiots just full this website.
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by pacifust058(m): 12:42am On Feb 09, 2022
Theunbothered:

Does the government have access to your financial information?

Leemao, why do you need an ssn to open any sort of monetary transactions in the united states, does that mean the government have access to your financial informations? Why do banks here ask for you nin before opening an account? you're not only a big olodo but a big idiot like you pointed out
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by pacifust058(m): 12:44am On Feb 09, 2022
Theunbothered:

Does the government have unrestricted access to your financial information?

And btw, how does uploading your data base for security reasons means the government have access to your privacies ehn, dummy
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by Theunbothered: 12:56am On Feb 09, 2022
pacifust058:
Leemao, why do you need an ssn to open any sort of monetary transactions in the united states, does that mean the government have access to your financial informations? Why do banks here ask for you nin before opening an account? you're not only a big olodo but a big idiot like you pointed out

You don't, you literally don't need a social security number to have a bank account in the United States

All you have been doing is rambling nonsense ever since you decided to bring your empty head into this dead argument.
https://www.consumerfinance.gov/ask-cfpb/can-i-get-a-checking-account-without-a-social-security-number-en-929/#:~:text=You%20are%20not%20required%20to,%2C%20address%2C%20and%20ID%20number.
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by Theunbothered: 12:59am On Feb 09, 2022
pacifust058:
And btw, how does uploading your data base for security reasons means the government have access to your privacies ehn, dummy

Are you dumb?

You asked me the meaning of credit system and I explained it.

Credit is between you and your bank, the government only gets involved when you have committed a crime. If you have not committed a crime the government has no business with your credit information.

Bleep off already this is getting dry.
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by pacifust058(m): 2:03pm On Feb 09, 2022
Theunbothered:

You don't, you literally don't need a social security number to have a bank account in the United States

All you have been doing is rambling nonsense ever since you decided to bring your empty head into this dead argument.
https://www.consumerfinance.gov/ask-cfpb/can-i-get-a-checking-account-without-a-social-security-number-en-929/#:~:text=You%20are%20not%20required%20to,%2C%20address%2C%20and%20ID%20number.
You dont need what? Oga no dey cap, any real financial institutions will ask for your social security number or else you have no access to some benefits enjoyed by a us citizen with the loan and credit system included.
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by pacifust058(m): 2:07pm On Feb 09, 2022
Theunbothered:

Are you dumb?

You asked me the meaning of credit system and I explained it.

Credit is between you and your bank, the government only gets involved when you have committed a crime. If you have not committed a crime the government has no business with your credit information.

Bleep off already this is getting dry.
this is where it shows you have nothing upstairs other than blabbing and insults, having citizens datas makes it easier to practice the credit system cos it makes it easier to track citizens record and detect potential threats before any credit transactions... Ordinary quik cash loan money una dey gree pay here? And btw, whats your p with the nin/sim linkage, are you a criminal/fraudster?
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by Theunbothered: 3:40pm On Feb 09, 2022
pacifust058:
You dont need what? Oga no dey cap, any real financial institutions will ask for your social security number or else you have no access to some benefits enjoyed by a us citizen with the loan and credit system included.

Are you illiterate or you can't click the link?

Stop wasting my time with your idiotic ramblings.
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by Theunbothered: 3:45pm On Feb 09, 2022
pacifust058:
this is where it shows you have nothing upstairs other than blabbing and insults, having citizens datas makes it easier to practice the credit system cos it makes it easier to track citizens record and detect potential threats before any credit transactions... Ordinary quik cash loan money una dey gree pay here? And btw, whats your p with the nin/sim linkage, are you a criminal/fraudster?

You are clearly too stupid to understand that a bank and the government are not the same thing too stupid.

Should the government put cameras in your toilet and bedroom to make sure you are not a rapist?

How many criminals have been caught through NIN? Please mention them.
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by pacifust058(m): 7:36pm On Feb 10, 2022
Theunbothered:

You are clearly too stupid to understand that a bank and the government are not the same thing too stupid.

Should the government put cameras in your toilet and bedroom to make sure you are not a rapist?

How many criminals have been caught through NIN? Please mention them.
Omooo, you be fool sha..
You have zero to no ideas about what they’re saying, just blabbing since..
Omooo, which kain person be this?
Olodo, na me wey dey give you attention sha
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by pacifust058(m): 7:38pm On Feb 10, 2022
Theunbothered:

Are you illiterate or you can't click the link?

Stop wasting my time with your idiotic ramblings.
I don’t need to click any link to know you’re just being plain stupid and an idiot with clearly zero to no ideas about what’s going on..
You simply believe checking google and quoting Wikipedia excerpts means you’re knowledgeable, Oga go and learn..
I don talk my own, can’t believe I’ve been wasting my time with a pure Olodo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Shekarau Dumps NNPP, May Return To APC Soon / Honour EFCC Invitation While You Have The Chance - Natasha Tells Yahaya Bello / Technology Will Be Deployed To Fight Crime In Kogi State (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.