Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,208 members, 7,829,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details (16379 Views)

Badaru: Northern Govs’ Position On Power Shift To South Subject To Buhari’s Nod / 2019 Oyo Guber Race: Minister Of Communication Gets Buhari’s Nod To Contest / IGP Idris Gets Buhari’s Nod To Arrest Saraki Over Murders In Kwara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by mediainc: 7:33am On Feb 04, 2022
MufasaLion:

Exactly!

You have time to even qoute that dude. People like him still believe the developed nations use magic and voodoo in catching criminals. Their dumb mentality can't, but be noticed.
Very dumb people here, even 10 years old kids have hugger IQ than most here, we need to keep countering them, else the world think they are a reflection of all Nigerians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by ogododo: 7:34am On Feb 04, 2022
mediainc:

Talk sense, wetin he wan use your record do?

Only criminals will be afraid, this is obtainable worldwide, as part of security framework of a nation.
You don chop dis morning?

1 Like

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by Mynd44: 7:35am On Feb 04, 2022
ogododo:

How many boko. Na so dem dey do for safe climes? Dem get data protection policies.
You should direct that at the department of homeland security
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by Ecos(m): 7:35am On Feb 04, 2022
i thank God that I have not done mine. Bloody Islamic terrorist

2 Likes

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by PIPPROF(m): 7:35am On Feb 04, 2022
Whatsapp encrypted calls
And messages
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by mediainc: 7:35am On Feb 04, 2022
ogododo:

You don chop dis morning?
Mad goat, empty brain, go drink garri because you are very dull, my 10 years old niece dey smart pass you.
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by MufasaLion: 7:36am On Feb 04, 2022
mediainc:

Very dumb people here, even 10 years old kids have hugger IQ than most here, we need to keep countering them, else the world think they are a reflection of all Nigerians.

Right!

I always tell people that prayer, voodoo or whatever is not the solution to development! The West and others didn't reply on those things, instead they focus more on innovation and science to solve their problems .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by NGArmyTerrorist: 7:38am On Feb 04, 2022
Its about to go down! Get ready to start receiving more debit alerts and unsolicited messages etc! Welcome to the SHITHOLE! Where TERROIST are incharge of the nations database!

1 Like

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by Kwestionair: 7:38am On Feb 04, 2022
Mynd44:

It isn't out of the ordinary. It is what obtains in your so-called enter climes

Saner climes you mean?
Meanwhile it is only sane people that are responsible for people’s private informations and records in that saner climes unlike what we have here. Nothing but terrorists and assassins.

1 Like

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by ayindejimmy(m): 7:40am On Feb 04, 2022
Is this legal?

Aren't they supposed to approach a court for that?
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by Mynd44: 7:40am On Feb 04, 2022
SarkinYarki:
Shouldn't the national Assembly be involved in such decision that mass breaches the privacy of NIGERIANs ?
The Constitution allows this

1 Like

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by ogododo: 7:42am On Feb 04, 2022
mediainc:

Mad goat, empty brain, go drink garri because you are very dull, my 10 years old niece dey smart pass you.
U Don kolo like your paymasters. No argument without abuse.

1 Like

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by bamasite2: 7:43am On Feb 04, 2022
Nigeria thing no dey good!
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by emmykk(m): 7:44am On Feb 04, 2022
omonla10:
1. If all Nigerians get captured on the nin database. It will greatly reduce fraud, kidnapping and other crimes.

2. The biggest selling point of Europe and America is their ability to give long term loans with shikini interest. Especially for mortgage.. They do this because their database is top notch.

3. The Western world thrive on tax and minimal revenue leakages.. Sim-nin-bvn linkages will greatly improve this.

Slowly but surely, we will get there, I pray

It's a win-win situation

It can't reduce any of the things you stated.
Kidnappers don't use their phone rather they steal others phone or use their victims phone for crime.

Recently I mistakely transfer money to a firstbank customer,I went to first bank to complain I did the necessary things that I m supposed to do ,this is over 3weeks my money didn't returned.

Which mean bvn or for some other reason is was not used.

All these are main to hunt political opponent

2 Likes

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by Jamesbiodun(m): 7:44am On Feb 04, 2022
Can this solve bokoharam and herdsmen with bandit crisis, I don't think so ... Saudi Arabia are still having problems with terrorist at their backdoor lipsrsealed
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by jrusky(m): 7:47am On Feb 04, 2022
Pls don't annoy me this morning with this useless NIN shit.

This NIN shit is a scam its not working I have never hear any criminal was even arrest via NIN so what the hell are they talking about or do they want use people's data to rig 2023 election and claim over 50 million vote for apc as they did with the damn trade money?
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by angelfallz(m): 7:48am On Feb 04, 2022
Lol if the security agencies want to get you in this country it is very easy.
Shey you have BVN?
Shey you have an account?
Shey you schooled in Nigeria?

NIN is no different

cjudy:
grin

If I do NIN make I bend.
I told you, those that linked their number, I pity you
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by psalmylee(m): 7:50am On Feb 04, 2022
Nigerians database in the hands of two terrorist...*smh*

1 Like

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by Racoon(m): 7:50am On Feb 04, 2022
What are these well known terrorists in government looking for?

1 Like

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by globalresource: 7:50am On Feb 04, 2022
Which one be Buhari nod again. Useless president and nonsense cabinet. They are just dumb of ideas
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by ayindejimmy(m): 7:51am On Feb 04, 2022
I don't think so.

Sensitive information like address, health history, age , browsing history, etc can only be access with a court warrant to the best of my knowledge.

What we need further clarification on is whether private companies can also share our data with this ( corrupt ) government without a warrant.
We have to know the type of data they're allow to collect without search warrant.
Mynd44:

It isn't out of the ordinary. It is what obtains in your so-called saner climes

1 Like

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by Temptee101(m): 7:54am On Feb 04, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Imagine some security agency to access our data base just like that

Access kill una there

Although this is how it is done in developed nations

But as for as Nigeria is concerned.....we nor trust our security agencies

Someone is jittery.

You better change occupation.

Your cup go soon full.

1 Like

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by Coolgent(m): 7:56am On Feb 04, 2022
Mynd44:
Let me guess

NSA, NIA, SSS, Immigration and EFCC
If care isn't taking even non state actors will have access to our classified information.

1 Like

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by Ykc2(m): 7:57am On Feb 04, 2022
mediainc:

Only criminals will be afraid, this is obtainable worldwide, as part of security framework of a nation.
in western country where am living you only register with your name finish,in nigeria we do finger print to open bank account,finger print for passport,finger print to buy mobile line angry national identity card finger print
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by whytediamond(m): 7:57am On Feb 04, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Imagine some security agency to access our data base just like that

Access kill una there

Although this is how it is done in developed nations

But as for as Nigeria is concerned.....we nor trust our security agencies

They are coming for you bro.

Niggar ready or not, here they come, come, come.
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by MondayOsunbor(m): 8:00am On Feb 04, 2022
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by ManishSmith(m): 8:01am On Feb 04, 2022
Election is around the corner, a good strategy to track, blackmail and monitor opposition parties.... It shall never be well with them all

1 Like

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by ayindejimmy(m): 8:02am On Feb 04, 2022
mediainc:

Else where the police will need a court warrant to do so.

Our system is porous and corrupt. Our politicians here are pervasively corrupt. Allowing this with proper restrict is dangerous. They're already selling our data self
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by Telekinetic: 8:03am On Feb 04, 2022
mediainc:

And he’s talking about IQ… SMH!

1 Like

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by Dimitarr: 8:05am On Feb 04, 2022
mediainc:

Baba saying that only criminals are afraid is just shallow minded, in the 'saner climes' every body is saying there are data protection laws and also policies in place to ensure your information is as secure as possible and can only be used by those who need it with heavy fines and penalties for organizations and ministries who go against those policies. Nigerian's problem is not them collecting the information it is the 'WHO' in this case. Panatami as been an individual of questionable character and association as well as utterances. Is professionship has been called into question , is alliance to Nigeria as also been questioned since it seems he has ties to islamic fundamentalist groups and a soft spot for their teachings. The government is also one which cannot be trusted and has proven over the years that they can call white colour black and still maintain that lie even when majority of the citizens see other wise.

The same ministry headed by pantami has already had their servers hacked and information of several Nigerians leaked to the world and we did not know until the hacker revealed it to the world. If hackers can do that imagine what the terrorist organizations he seems to sympathize with will do with it. The government did not deem it fit to tell us that their servers were hacked which in the so called saner climes you people like quoting would have already pantami's head on a stick.

Lastly this is a country when despite the screams and shout of the iGP that police have no right to check your phone they still do it and with fear of nothing happen to them. At night it is worse, they can easily arrest and charge just for seeing foreign number on your phone. What i am trying to say is the behavior of the police is a symptom of our security agencies as a whole, agencies who don't follow the rule of law, who dont understand what privacy is and can bulge into your hotel room at night because you 'smell' like yahoo. This agencies have not shown that they can be trusted to keep our information's private and only allow access to those who need it as well as proper record collecting of those who access the information and what they do with it. This is a country were half the police stations don't have any camera installed, meaning unmentionable activities go on in our police stations and no form of auditing to checkmate them.

Let the government start by digitizing the police stations have cameras installed everywhere and then Nigerians can begin to trust them

1 Like

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by ogododo: 8:07am On Feb 04, 2022
MondayOsunbor:

SEE AS We enter LIVING IN BONDAGE

DSS
No be change chanters com bring us dis one chance gofarment.
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by Nobody: 8:10am On Feb 04, 2022
We all watch movies right? (For the kids here)

We all know that in USA (saner clime as we call it) everyone has a social security number right?

All your details are on that Social security number. Once it's put into the system everything about you pops up including crimes committed, court cases, debts owed, credit score, etc.

We hail their system yet shout foul when same is applied in Nigeria.

However in the USA you can escape that system same way you can escape the system in Nigeria. In USA you can escape the system by stepping out of the social security system but that would come at a huge price because the social security number gives you value as a US asset and gives you access to a lot of benefits. Without it, you lose your asset value and thus lose out on government help or recognition.

In Nigeria you can also refuse all these registrations and then also loose out on benefits such as having bank accounts, access to loans or mortgage, you cannot get a driver's licence thus cannot drive even if you own a car, etc.

The choice is yours.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

M.K.O Abiola And June 12 / South-East Governors Unveil Plans To Rehabilitate IPOB Members / “let People Be Able To Say Their Opinions Freely” - Mark Essien To Obidients

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.